GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters
NO BOSS!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!! :scared::scared::scared:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-01-08-56-13-778_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-01-08-56-13-778_com.whatsapp.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 15
Well that didn't last very long did it!! I was sitting here with my morning cuppa, sitting watching the early morning news when I took note of the date.

"Ah, yes, its that time of the year again!" I realized, and promptly began penning a message here about my intention to play this year.

Now, what song do you think the morning news decided to use to wrap up the show? :banghead:

I guess you could call that a Mariah Carey spawn kill?

Already lost before making my first post on this thread. One of my friends on PSN join my party and started playing the song in his mic a few minutes later after joining.

So far I've been safe, working from home most days helps. But I'm currently at an airport making sure I'm not near any Christmas songs where possible. I have a feeling I'm going to get Carey'd this week while I'm away and there won't be anything I'll be able to do to stop it :scared:.

Unless I decide to go home now and send my missues on holiday by herself and then I have the house to myself :dopey:.

Last edited:
I’m out. Coworker blasted Christmas music across the parking lot this morning when I pulled into work. Carey’d and Wham’d one after the other. Good luck to everybody still alive.

My wife and I went to a Thai restaurant last night and they were playing Christmas music but every song was a cover so I was hopeful that trent would continue. Mid sentence I realized it was playing but an unknown to me female singer was singing.

That's close enough, Mariah.

GTPlanet got namechecked in the Metro, a free daily newspaper across the UK distributed to transport hubs for commuters (and owned by the DMG; it's sort of like a London Underground-obsessed Daily Mail), regarding Whamageddon.

Of course they did so by literally looking at Wikipedia and printing that. You know, proper journalism.

Well so far I have avoided Mariah. I have been out and about and the places playing Christmas have not played her while I was there.

The one thing that has been putting me in danger of being Carey'd is my fitness assignment, where I have to walk a certain number of miles. Thankfully, I have my earbuds (Since all my traditional headphones are dead) so I've sorta got myself covered. That said, I do remember that time where I thought it was safe just to wait out on the porch for a delivery only to be caught in a drive-by whamming so there is that fear that Mariah might also find where I live and repeat that :scared: December 6th can't come soon enough.

Since the radio stations have started playing Christmas tunes, I've had to resort to plugging my USB drive of Eurobeat music into my car. Still going, but still fearful of crashing out when at work.
I was boycotting a radio station because one of the DJs alluded to some asinine things about Covid. The station that I changed to started playing Christmas music on December 1st so I changed back.

My wife has the radio on in the bathroom in the mornings so I'm waiting for that one to inevitably get me.

I should start showering downstairs. :lol:

I didn't hear The Song That Shall Not Be Named today, but I did hear what I think is the Omicron variant of it: as in I've never encountered it before, and it's objectively worse than the original. It was trying to be like a 1920's Broadway version, but it sounded way too slick and over-produced to be anywhere near genuine.

Either way, it feels like an ill omen for next week.

Since the radio stations have started playing Christmas tunes, I've had to resort to plugging my USB drive of Eurobeat music into my car. Still going, but still fearful of crashing out when at work.
God I love Eurobeat, especially some of the sadder stuff

so far so good today. Tomorrow we are going to do some shopping so I am hoping I don't hear that song while we are out and about

So far so good, there’s not been much Christmas music here in Playa Blanca. I thought I’d be out as soon as we arrived.

I was going to post about my first day of December working in [POPULAR BRITISH SUPERMARKET] and somehow avoiding it, even though the Christmas tunes are being mixed in. Because I did avoid it today.

Right now I'm watching last night's Montreal/Colorado NHL game and they played it during a stoppage in play. Unbelievable. Is there nothing we can't blame the French for?

Back