GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
@Jimlaad43: Nice try. That is the exact reason why my speakers stay off. :lol:

It may have gotten me, I'm not sure.:scared:

My internet is slow, so I closed the tab before it could play, but in my haste I also took out all my other tabs.:lol:

I opened the tabs back up but it also opened up the video, I muted the computer via keyboard, but I was also listening to other music, and I think I may have heard a drum that wasn't quite part of my song, but I'm not sure.

Anyone?

Yeah got me.
Mwahahahahahahaha. First person to be Wham!urdered.

However, I may have shot myself in the foot and fully expect many similar attempts directed towards me.

Last edited:
You may also have this directed at you:
Errr. No.
Posting fake links anywhere else in these forums with links to a Wham! video will earn you the same treatment as Rickrolling, i.e. an infraction for Useless Post / Spam.

Just so we're clear on this.

*snip*

Anyone?
In my unprofessional opinion, if you think you got Whammed!, you got Whammed!

In all actuality, it probably wasn't Last Christmas but your paranoia got the best of you. ;)

The only place that can hurt me is the internet. I'm in Venezuela and this particular song isn't even remotely popular here.

Count sparky in.

From now on when I travel back and forth to college until the Christmas holidays, I'll be switching my radio off. I'll also be weary of any PMs here with suspicious links to YouTube videos.

I'll do whatever it takes to make it through until New Year and beat this game, even with Jedi mind tricks.

TB

In all actuality, it probably wasn't Last Christmas but your paranoia got the best of you. ;)
It was Last Christmas, the Whamming version, so if he heard it, he's out.

Has anyone else been avoiding Last Christmas since the beginning of the year?

Affirmative. And yes, count me in.

Where's the 'Hardcore' players' list, though? :crazy:

Problem is, I start a new job on the 11th of November... working at a sporting goods store. I don't care if the boss says something, I will surely have my headphones and iPod with me at all times. (Or earplugs, which I used last year.)

I'm up for this again. I made it to the 19th of December last year. I'm not sure I'll make it that far this year. :P

I nearly made it last year, though I wasn't officially taking part in the thread. This year, I'm in!

I've got Jimmy Eat World's version on iTunes, glad it doesn't count.

I'm definitely going to get Whammed this year. I should have thought through this before applying for a job in retail...

Retail itself is no problem. It just depends on where you work. The local warehouse store I roll with doesn't have any background music, so the only risks are a. an evil co-worker (note to self: stay away from that one guy the rest of the year, he apparently loves Wham! and managed to guess that Last Christmas was the song I was trying to avoid) or b. a customer's ringtone.

Im in, And ive already got the song in my head, argh good start!!

I can't be sure but I think last year I got whammed pretty early and the year before that I survived. Count me in 👍

Sign me up. I usually play each year, but fail early every year thanks to my GF and all the Christmas activities I get made a part of. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it till Dec :lol:

TB

After further study with the safe video in this thread , I'd say that I heard one, maybe two, drum beats. :(

Barely went past a day...

My internet is slow, so I closed the tab before it could play, but in my haste I also took out all my other tabs.:lol:

I opened the tabs back up but it also opened up the video, I muted the computer via keyboard, but I was also listening to other music, and I think I may have heard a drum that wasn't quite part of my song, but I'm not sure.

Anyone?
Yeah got me.
Just a bit confused as to what happened here :confused:. How did @Jimlaad43 Wham you guys?

Fair enough, I guess if he whammed them legitimately - there was no date-rape drugs involved, right?

Peter and Bopop should've known to keep the volume down if they're playing the game. Shame. Two of our best players already down. RIP, guys. Enjoy your now wham-filled holidays. :(

*makes pious warding-off-evil gestures.

Jimlaaaaaaaad!!!! :mad: You bastard. We'll get you for this. I'm going to put a bounty on your head - maybe premium for whoever gets you first.

Sounds like fun, I'll play:dopey:.
Just to make sure, when I hear the song anywhere, I've been whamed, and I lose, right?

A thorough reading of the OP will help, ittybitty. Browse last year's thread and you'll get the whole flavour of it.
:) 👍

Good luck staying alive. Even the vets are going down like flies drunk on . .

Jimlaaaaaaaad!!!! :mad: You bastard. We'll get you for this. I'm going to put a bounty on your head - maybe premium for whoever gets you first.

Does that mean I got you aswell?

So if I commit Whamicide, I will get premium? [/OPTIMISTIC]

Back