• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 187 comments
16%2B-%2B1

The tenths digit is a 9.

As the legendary Ringo Starr once said: "I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!"

1'14.170

View attachment 571077

Just *barely* etched out @girabyt3 by .002 :eek:
Congratulations dude!! I must respect it because even I had troubles to overpass my time!! :D.

Anyway, since my beautiful Peru it's on anniversary today 28 and tomorrow 29, I will give it a little present... NEEEWW RECORD!!! :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

20160728_022356.jpg

20160728_022422.jpg

1'14.155!!! Yeah, wooo!!

masked_julia_chang________by_lukaszmuzial-d35lpu4.png

Por ti Peru!! Feliz 28!! Viva el Peru C(beep)!!!

fpwXDPHO2AvtrbqS-eQq7TGPl1vKkYTELjxBmWpHX3QiNjf9jB1tdgsqu7_vwInSgtZIFm_PUqpQ_i3ZtGeKm0zZLwceAAyMgiGR6tvc76dQONP1NCRal_sizuA0kbzvAOsNXPNCxb6Fwlvkb4KmwQ=w240-h180-nc

But honestly @t3hgt3ftw1n, really impressed. Great effort. My respects to you bro :D

Whoa!

Congratulations all the way from Puerto Rico, Happy Peruvian Independence Day, and thanks!

Cheers from The Enchantment Island :cheers:

==========

Now it's my turn....... in about 4-8 hours. I need my beauty sleep :lol:👍

1:13.900

I used my DFGT wheel. It took forever since I'm a controller user and not very good with the wheel. I manged to get a whopping .534 ahead of my 1:14.189 controller time but I went wide at the corner before the final chicane. I almost lost everything. :scared: Had I held onto my .534 lead, my time would have been 1:13.655. So there's still room on the table for me to improve, although I don't know if I can repeat my performance. :P

As for the difference in performance between the controller and the wheel:

Corner speed is pretty much the same (unlike GT5/6 where the wheel offers a substantial corner speed advantage.) There might be a very slight advantage in the long sweeper/spoon curve when using the wheel. I'm talking like half a car length, 1-2mph or like 0.050 time wise - so not much. It's just easier to stay on line and not go wide. The difference is nothing like GT5/6 where the car would literally corner 5+mph faster with the wheel.

The only advantage I can sense is I can steer quicker with the wheel. Corrections and inputs are much more responsive, so it's easier to stay on line - for me anyways. The steering sensitivity with the DS2 controller feels like playing GT5/6 with it set to -2 or maybe 0 at best.

Hopefully my time will stand for at least a little while. :D

IMG_1914.JPG IMG_1917.JPG IMG_1916.JPG

1:13.900

I used my DFGT wheel. It took forever since I'm a controller user and not very good with the wheel. I manged to get a whopping .534 ahead of my 1:14.189 controller time but I went wide at the corner before the final chicane. I almost lost everything. :scared: Had I held onto my .534 lead, my time would have been 1:13.655. So there's still room on the table for me to improve, although I don't know if I can repeat my performance. :P

As for the difference in performance between the controller and the wheel:

Corner speed is pretty much the same (unlike GT5/6 where the wheel offers a substantial corner speed advantage.) There might be a very slight advantage in the long sweeper/spoon curve when using the wheel. I'm talking like half a car length, 1-2mph or like 0.050 time wise - so not much. It's just easier to stay on line and not go wide. The difference is nothing like GT5/6 where the car would literally corner 5+mph faster with the wheel.

The only advantage I can sense is I can steer quicker with the wheel. Corrections and inputs are much more responsive, so it's easier to stay on line - for me anyways. The steering sensitivity with the DS2 controller feels like playing GT5/6 with it set to -2 or maybe 0 at best.

Hopefully my time will stand for at least a little while. :D

Interesting to hear. I was talking to @Famine yesterday about the challenge, and he said roughly the same thing: that the wheel is much more responsive than the controller. He also noted that while it is quicker to react to inputs, the controller seems to allow more lock — it just takes longer to get there.

I'll update the leaderboards today or tomorrow. Really amazed people have cracked the 13's, didn't expect that!

I could have had a better lap, but I had made several attempts before this and I think this is the best I can get right now.

1'16.264

WP_20160728_004.jpg

1.13.900 eh? I guessed this would be about pretty much the best possible time. Gonna try at the weekend, but really REALLY doubt I can beat that one.

If there's one thing I can say abot that, is that it's possible.

1'13.942!!!!!

IMG_20160728_162855.jpg

I can't believe it myself :drool::eek:

I'll see what I can do about uploading the replay soon. All I have is my phone, so expect potato quality.

Last edited:
Please post a pic of the main screen with the car visible.
I can't take a picture of the main screen with the car visible because I've shut my PS2 off since then, so the records are reset. I can give you this though:

This is raw footage to show I'm using an actual NTSC system. ASM and TCS are on. The ghost was uploaded from the Time Trial 6 menu. The Mode name in the file itself is TimeTrial6, so you know it's not some free run replay.

I am planning on uploading a better video from my capture card of the lap itself when the contest is over.

To everyone: Are you using manual or automatic?
To GNR1987: Incredible time, my best is a 1.14.081, and I simply can not fathom a 1:13.739. Maybe I should start using manual?

To GNR1987: Incredible time, my best is a 1.14.081, and I simply can not fathom a 1:13.739. Maybe I should start using manual?
I'm using manual. I've yet to test automatic, so I don't know if there's a difference.

I used automatic when I got to 1:13. I had enough of a problem maintaining a perfect driving line to get a time below 1:14, so multitasking that with perfect shift changes was simply too much stress for me to handle.

Also I'm on NTSC, so the ASM definitely holds me back on certain corners.

And finally, I'm using a Gamestop PS2 controller, so I pretty much have all the cards stacked against me, since I don't have a steering wheel to have better precision, and I don't own any DS2 controller so that at least my hands won't suffer with arthritis while I play.

I gave this a try after seeing the front page announcement awhile ago.

full
(looks like the PS2's clock is a bit off. :lol:

Riding the curbs in the long lefthander in sector 2 seemed to be faster (kerb boost?)

Used DS2 , MT transmission.

I deleted my earlyer lap times from the board by pressing X-button & choosing to delete them.

I gave this a try after seeing the front page announcement awhile ago.

Riding the curbs in the long lefthander in sector 2 seemed to be faster (kerb boost?)

Used DS2 , MT transmission.

I deleted my earlyer lap times from the board by pressing X-button & choosing to delete them.

Definatly yes.

As I don't have GT3, and my GTPremium is about to run out, I figured, why not? So, my guess is going to be 1:15.050.

Managed after 10 hours a 1:13.799.
*not like this gif*

'Muricans: how many hours left?

Last edited:
Managed after 10 hours a 1:13.799.
*not like this gif*

'Muricans: how many hours left?

Without any screenshots, your time won't be included on the board. We'll use my timezone as the deadline, which means you've got a little bit less than 21 hours left from the time of this post. 👍

BTW Slip, time improved! :D (1'13.848). Still gonna push to kill the .109 margin :). Don't worry about the date, the game thinks 1 day ahead of me lol

20160731_042907.jpg

Great looking old skool comp 👍 It's a shame I don't have GT3 or PS2 anymore or I would have booted it up :( anyway here's a very old thread from back in the day when the very best GT players from that era were battling all the time trials just scroll down to TT6 on the first post to see what was possible on this event in 2003...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-time-trial-comparison-thread.8200/

Good luck to all still running this wicked blast from the past :cool:

btw on a side note... in 2 days I will be a 15 year member on GTP, says something about how good this forum really is :cool:👍

Cheers :cheers:

Back