GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Omnis
Yeah, that's probably another factor in Zidane's smacketh down. I applaud Zizou, man. Materazzi isn't a bad guy...he's just dirty and wreckless.

Materazzi is the Robbie Savage of Seri A. But still no matter what he said Zidane should have done the professional thing and ignored it.

Bah screw this im going to go and restart my Masterleage team as Lazio in WE10.

Poverty
so im the only one who doesnt frown upon what zidane did?

I'm sure Fifa will change the rules so that headbutting another player in the chest will just constitute a foul and not a red card.

Edit: It wasn't the correct thing to do, but I couldn't think of a player who deserves a headbutt in the chest more than Marco Matteratzi.

Div is back
Trash talking has always been part of any sport, if you can't control yourself when somebody talks trash to you, then you need some anger management class.
That's completely true.

Rugby, football, karate and even cricket I've given and recieved trash talking. There is a line, and perhaps Matteratzi crossed it, but it would have to be something really harsh to warrant a response.

Zidane is a professional sportsman. He's been around a few years now and will know what goes on. He knows opponents will try to unsettle him and try and put him off his game with trash talk. Every opponent will try that. He's probably sone it himself. Zidane should know not to react like that. He shouldn't react at all, apart from to play better.

Zidane has been sent off 14 times in his career. He got a 2 match ban for head butting an opponent in the champions league. He stamped on a Saudi player's head in a previous world cup. So he has previous.

It's a sad way to end his career, but he should not have acted in that fashion.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Race Idiot
I'm sure Fifa will change the rules so that headbutting another player in the chest will just constitute a foul and not a red card.

That is never, EVER going to happen at all.

According to the FIFA.
A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commints any of the following six offenses:

1. Is guilty of serious foul play
  2. Is guilty of violent conduct
  3. Spits at an opponent or any other person.
  4. Denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goal keeper within his own penalty area.)
  5. Denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offense punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
  6. Recieves a second caution in the same match

Any offensive contact towards a player, with the mere intention of injuring or hurting the player, is sanctioned with a red card. Even if Zidane would have given a slap in Materazzi's face...he would/should have been sent off anyway.

Ciao!

Mr.OzzyGT
That is never, EVER going to happen at all.

According to the FIFA.

Any offensive contact towards a player, with the mere intention of injuring or hurting the player, is sanctioned with a red card. Even if Zidane would have given a slap in Materazzi's face...he would/should have been sent off anyway.

Ciao!

I was being sarcastic dude. I mean can you imagine fifa changing the rules to say that violent conduct is ok?

Race Idiot
I was being sarcastic dude.
My bad...maybe you were too sarcastic :P

I mean can you imagine fifa changing the rules to say that violent conduct is ok?

Yeah I know..when I read yours I was like..whaaat???:odd:

Edit: sorry about the double post...

Ciao!

Courtesy of Football365.com

Raymond Domenech might have made himself look silly with the claim that Marco Materazzi "put on a show" after Zinedine Zidane headbutted him, but there's no doubt that the Italian must have said something. But what? What would wind up a man who's won everything in football?

Here are F365's (very brief - we're pressed for time) thoughts...

* "Bruno Cheyrou is the new you. And he's better."

* "Baldy."

* "You play like you're English."

* "See all these names tattooed on my arms - this is your mother, this is your sister, and this is your wife."

* "You might have been a Real Madrid legend, but you never played at the School of Science with Scott Gemmill."

"Cor, you sweat more than your wife does!"

"Your daughter's having Wayne Rooney's lovechild."

"I've got hair growth formula on my shirt..."

"I don't care what FIFA says, Jermaine Jenas is better than you."

"I bet you a fiver you can't headbutt me in the chest."

"I bet I can do a better Rhino impression than you."

"Hey Zizou, Boumsoung is warming up...I think that's your lot for tonight."

"My name's worth more than yours in Scrabble."

"Show us your butt."

"Are you Jenas in disguise?"

"You wouldn't have cut it at Everton, either."

"We in Italy still think your wife wears the trousers..."

daan
What would wind up a man who's won everything in football?

I've heard a number of theories. I initially heard that it was racial abuse directed at his immigrant roots, but the BBC News at 10pm has proabably the best theory/answer of all so far. For the report they got an Italian lip-reader to translate what Materazzi said.

The BBC claim that as Zidane walked off Materazzi said 'I wish Death to you and your family'. This was particularly insensitive as the BBC claimed that Zidane's mother was ill with cancer. Finally, just before Zidane stopped and turned around to floor the Itallian, Materazzi mouthed 'Go **** yourself!'.

I was initially shocked by Zidane's actions, but after thought and looking at the video footage, I think that the attack was not without provocation. Zidane's actions were unsportsman-like, but so where Materazzi's.

You know lets try not to dwell on this too much, i'd rather try to remember Zidane for all the good things he did than the bad. So i'm going to post this video again and hope that Felipe doesn't get mad at me.

Race Idiot
You know lets try not to dwell on this too much, i'd rather try to remember Zidane for all the good things he did than the bad. So i'm going to post this video again and hope that Felipe doesn't get mad at me.

You are such a party pooper Brett.

MdnIte
You are such a party pooper Brett.

TRI YOU DONT EVEN LIKE FOOTBALL YOU BUTTE

Also i'm making you an honorary Chelsea supporter and now you have to watch Chelsea Play every week when the premiership starts. I mean you could go to Matts house and watch with him.
attachment.php

ExigeExcel
That's completely true.

Rugby, football, karate and even cricket I've given and recieved trash talking...

Teah too right. Maybe up the emphasis on cricket. It is THE sledging sport, infact it's a huge tactic, especially in Australia. (Within reason, obviously). Typical of cricket in Australia, "spill his milk" even as far as "make his box a swimming pool" are common. Phsychology is becoming such a big part of sport these days.

Zidane is good (very!), but he didn't help his aspiration for a 'godlike' retirement. Sadly the last thing we're left with is that red card:ouch::dunce:.

FormulaGT

FormulaGT
Teah too right. Maybe up the emphasis on cricket. It is THE sledging sport, infact it's a huge tactic, especially in Australia. (Within reason, obviously). Typical of cricket in Australia, "spill his milk" even as far as "make his box a swimming pool" are common. Phsychology is becoming such a big part of sport these days.
:lol: I like those. Mine are usually a little less creative, I'll have to try those some time.

Race Idiot
You are a terrible poster please stop posting

:rolleyes:

I just cant stand cheaters, and dirty players, and after seeing that video of materrazi I have to say I would like to do aot more to him than headbutt to the chest. But maybe its because im from the UK. Most other countries seem to not care that theyre team is nothing better than back stabbing cheats 👍

Here's the best vid I've found. Materazzi definitely said something:

BTW, I laughed SO loud and it's like 6:33am.

There were some great ones in the Guardian this morning.

"Zidane, I have some steak lodged in my throat, help me!"

"You cannot win Zidane. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

Poverty
:rolleyes:

I just cant stand cheaters, and dirty players, and after seeing that video of materrazi I have to say I would like to do aot more to him than headbutt to the chest. But maybe its because im from the UK. Most other countries seem to not care that theyre team is nothing better than back stabbing cheats 👍

Just shup up, you are making a fool of yourself.

Back