GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
VXR
It's much more deep now. Wonder which is more accurate?

imho the new one looks more accurate

BPA266K_5.jpg

gif29rk13.gif

Premium Passionate Orange in GT6 is not as bright as in GTS.
nissan_fairlady_z_version_s__z33___07_by_gt6_garage_d7hzli6-fullview.jpg

Hmmm... I guess it's this color...
car_photo_216620.jpg

So I guess it wasn't a mistake then? I'm confused now... >_<
I think the Premium Passionate Orange is much more accurate in GTS.

This is 2 different Nissan colors. The first one is Passionate Orange (probably Solar Orange) and the 2nd one is Burnt Orange.
You mean Sunset Orange?

Last edited:
I think the GT6 model is better...:boggled: The number plate on the real car is lower than the one in GT6, but if it was moved down, it would look exactly the same. That's probably what's throwing you off.
View attachment 794066
See what I mean?

That's not true at all. The entire top boot lid has been moved up. Look at the difference between the two on the edges of the bodywork, to the taillights.

SVX
That's not true at all. The entire top boot lid has been moved up. Look at the difference between the two on the edges of the bodywork, to the taillights.
No I'm saying that the GT6 model looks more accurate compared to the GT Sport one, where the boot lid has been moved up.

A lot of cars from that era tend to have differences from car to car. Its possible that PD just used two different reference models?
That's unlikely considering the Dino was first added in GT6 and the reference data was probably the same for GTS. Seems like somebody pulled their mouse upwards a bit too much.

I think the GT6 model is better...:boggled: The number plate on the real car is lower than the one in GT6, but if it was moved down, it would look exactly the same. That's probably what's throwing you off.
View attachment 794066
See what I mean?

Look at the Dino logo that is in the same place and has the same size, and look what happen if I try to copy paste the Dino logo in that space

012mkmc.jpg

02alj4s.jpg

03mbj7x.png

Look at the Dino logo that is in the same place and has the same size, and look what happen if I try to copy paste the Dino logo in that space

012mkmc.jpg

02alj4s.jpg

03mbj7x.png
I actually think the visual disparity comes from the tail lights on the GTS model being smaller than on the real thing, not the boot line being too high. Looks like it could easily be just a model difference.

I think that the models are correct in both games (maybe some trivial detail like the placement of number plates might be different) but the viewpoints are slightly different, which has skewed the proportions that it looks all wonky. I know that it is virtually impossible to get the exact same relative camera placement in the 2 games, especially when you need to compare it a 3rd image. I don't know if SSRX has a grid somewhere (and if GT6 has an on track photomode), but if SSRX has a grid it will be the easiest to get the closest relative camera placement. (maybe the distance indicators are a good grid like surface).

012mkmc.jpg

02alj4s.jpg

03mbj7x.png
So the cause of the strange is...
The sizes of the taillights and the position of that chrome pipes?

I actually think the visual disparity comes from the tail lights on the GTS model being smaller than on the real thing, not the boot line being too high. Looks like it could easily be just a model difference.

the size of tail lights is right, but the height of the back of the car was wrong and now they have corrected it.

This model is more similar to the GTS one

1969-Ferrari-Dino-246-GT_3_2.jpg

Really rough work though, I moved up the chrome pipes and enlarged the taillights.
44282E83-14B7-4B9F-B711-806F4804BD8F.png

...It seems that it didn't work well. Maybe needs more width?

Edit: Ouch, the taillights became asymmetrical because of my poor skill...

Last edited:
The Shelby exterior actually looks to be totally remodeled from scratch (some interior parts look to be reused like the spare wheel in the trunk). There's too large of a discrepancy in measurements, spacing differences, and modeling to the body panels for them to be a refinement of the same model. If they wanted to use the same exterior then a simple polygonal increase would have sufficed. We've seen what refined GT5/6 models look like, they have the exact same spacing and measurements and angles.

gtsdel8mustang3.png

gtsdel8mustang2.png

gtsdel8mustang.png

Last edited:
The new model of the Ferrari seems to be off, the GT6 model did seem to be more accurate. Look at the height difference of the back plate of the car right above the lights, where the outer and inner curve is. There's a bigger gap. The GT6 model is much more tighter in that area, resembling the actual real life vehicle

Real:
upload_2019-1-22_8-7-34.png

GT6:
upload_2019-1-22_8-8-16.png

GTS:
upload_2019-1-22_8-8-49.png

I smell outsourcing.
This is the most likely case here.

The new model of the Ferrari seems to be off, the GT6 model did seem to be more accurate. Look at the height difference of the back plate of the car right above the lights, where the outer and inner curve is. There's a bigger gap. The GT6 model is much more tighter in that area, resembling the actual real life vehicle

Real:
View attachment 794422

GT6:
View attachment 794423

GTS:
View attachment 794424

This is the most likely case here.

I hope they edit / change the model...it's putting me off.

The imperfect round shapes (exhaust pipe etc.) on the Z8 are too ugly for 4K. I'm also not sure what happened to the Ferrari Dino. :irked:
I would imagine that with such a large roster, and previous promises made about their goals, they've shot themselves in the foot with releasing content in a reasonable time frame. That likely led to outsourcing, with varying results.

I would imagine that with such a large roster, and previous promises made about their goals, they've shot themselves in the foot with releasing content in a reasonable time frame. That likely led to outsourcing, with varying results.

Outsourcing or not, it's ultimately PD's fault that quality assurance took a nap.

Back