GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
Lol they have to be free obviously, since they're making up for the game's shortcomings compared to the previous titles. If they'll charge players for these DLCs in the future, I won't be surprised once nobody will play this game anymore.
Due to the introduction of microtransaction I believe DLC/updates are going to remain free.

I don’t get people these days, complaining about complete nonsense. Spoiled ****ing kids.
I'm just gonna say I'm not one of them.
:cool:

Others would complain maybe because they paid to buy the game and expected that they'll be satisfied playing it but got disappointed instead.
Due to the introduction of microtransaction I believe DLC/updates are going to remain free.
Should be and should continue that way, as long as the servers up there are still active and popular amongst players.

Lol they have to be free obviously, since they're making up for the game's shortcomings compared to the previous titles. If they'll charge players for these DLCs in the future, I won't be surprised once nobody will play this game anymore.
You dont know gran turismo/never played prologue titles.

You dont know gran turismo/never played prologue titles.
Never have, I admit but what's special about those prologue titles? Tell me. Are they actually better than what we have right now? I'd be better playing the whole game instead but just because I haven't played them doesn't mean I don't know anything about this series at all.

It may have to do something with acquiring of the license/certificate of a certain model before it appears, I guess but it shouldn't take that long just to have it in-game.

So you're complaining about people that complain? lol
You think you sound smart or something?

Yes I am complaining about people like you, because you lot are bugging me, because you don’t even know what you’re complaining about.

“They’re just dated” you say. Has it ever occurred to you that MAYBE they modeled the cars to such a high level that they’d be good for 1 or 2 console generations to come? Or do you actually see something wrong about them? If so, show me what’s wrong about them, and I’ll chill.

It may have to do something with acquiring of the license/certificate of a certain model before it appears, I guess but it shouldn't take that long just to have it in-game.
Even so, if they released GT6 in 2013 with a 2012 Tesla, why couldn't they put at least a 2016 model now?
That's why I think they didn't rebuild the cars from scratch, but are instead refining GT6 assets. That would also explain why we have received this amount of content in so little time.

Even so, if they released GT6 in 2013 with a 2012 Tesla, why couldn't they put at least a 2016 model now?
That's why I think they didn't rebuild the cars from scratch, but are instead refining GT6 assets. That would also explain why we have received this amount of content in so little time.
I thought this was a well known fact already?

It may have to do something with how PD views those cars that they could add in the game. They could see some models released some years ago that may still seem the same until now so they're not gonna add it since it will be redundant and they'll choose the older model year in the previous game over the new one since they possibly have become familiar with it already. But some new models do have the potential to become good and popular in the game though they probably won't consider it for a long time.

Last edited:
I thought this was a well known fact already?
The only well-known fact is that they stated in the Copper Box reveal back on May 2016 that all cars from GT Sport have been built from scratch for the PS4, despite their previous claiming that the PS3 cars were PS4-ready.
It may have to do something with how PD views those cars that they could add in the game. They could see some models released some years ago that may still seem the same until now so they're not gonna add it since it will be redundant and they'll choose the older model year in the previous game over the new one since they possibly have become familiar with it already. But some new models do have the potential to become good and popular in the game though they probably won't consider it for a long time.
But wouldn't the brands be more inclined to show their current models in these games?

I'm not really getting the cartoon look that people are referencing. I mean, yeah, the GT6 to GTS comparisons are night and day, but the term cartoonish isn't applicable at all here (not even for older GT titles). When someone says a car is cartoonish in its appearance, I think of titles such as Auto Modellista or Outrunners, games that are highly stylized and not trying to look realistic.

This makes me wonder if they have really remade all those models from scratch. Why not a 2017 model at least? This could be applied to other cars as well: Abarth 500, KTM X-Bow, Aventador, Maserati GT S…

Saves development time. Simple.

The only well-known fact is that they stated in the Copper Box reveal back on May 2016 that all cars from GT Sport have been built from scratch for the PS4, despite their previous claiming that the PS3 cars were PS4-ready.

But wouldn't the brands be more inclined to show their current models in these games?
I don't know but I could recall someone here who said PD has a hobby of adding outdated models in many of their DLCs and he even said like it's usual for PD to add a car that came out years ago or something like that. I'm just not sure where in this site exactly was it but yeah. Automakers would probably complain about them if they made a pact with PD in which they committed to feature their new models in the game and yet, it took PD more than 2 years just to add it. What if by that time, the maker also released a new model of the car the moment PD has just added the older model? Well, it's their decision after all and we fans can't do anything about it.

I hope this thread doesn't become a car crash, considering the argument that is happening. Completely surprised that this argument would end up in this thread.

I'm interested in how PD are handling porting GT5-era cars that lacked adaptive-tessellation. Would the car model be re-scanned and built from scratch once more, or do they have good data reference in the archives to simply update the current model to the new quality standard?

More comparison photos please.
Yep, I'd like that. No more arguments please.
I'm interested in how PD are handling porting GT5-era cars that lacked adaptive-tessellation. Would the car model be re-scanned and built from scratch once more, or do they have good data reference in the archives to simply update the current model to the new quality standard?
I believe either the model would be heavily modified or would be completely redone.

They seem to be completely redone most of the time for the worst examples (R32, Z32, FC RX-7), some of them even have new colours available as is the case with the Maserati they added last month.

I guess we could say that they released the game with low car count and most of the DLC are from GT5/6 but whose developer these days would give you 50+ cars and tracks for a year without a price tag. If PD was EA they probably charge you 5 bucks for 5 cars not including tracks, lol. Based on the comparison pictures on this thread the quality is much higher than the one in GT6, and I think that's enough for them to charge us for the DLC but they didn't.
They aren't the only developer that released a wealth of free content when they're content numbers werelow. The only other developer that had as big a car list as PD, that also had a relatively low content release at the launch of a generation, also released somewhere around 30-40 free vehicles and a couple of free tracks as well. it seems to be something the devs do in order to keep up public relations, so it's all a win for us, really.

However, I don't really get the dig at EA for charging $5 bucks for extra content when the other game in the comparison offers microtransactions in order to get cars that are already in game. When you compare that side by side, I'd rather pay for new content than paying to unlock content. Not that I'm bothered by it either way as I'd pay to support something I like, I'm just confused at the insinuation.

They aren't the only developer that released a wealth of free content when they're content numbers werelow. The only other developer that had as big a car list as PD, that also had a relatively low content release at the launch of a generation, also released somewhere around 30-40 free vehicles and a couple of free tracks as well. it seems to be something the devs do in order to keep up public relations, so it's all a win for us, really.

However, I don't really get the dig at EA for charging $5 bucks for extra content when the other game in the comparison offers microtransactions in order to get cars that are already in game. When you compare that side by side, I'd rather pay for new content than paying to unlock content. Not that I'm bothered by it either way as I'd pay to support something I like, I'm just confused at the insinuation.

What's the name of that developer who released free tracks and 30-40 free cars? I don't think there's a developer who supported the game with free content as much as PD. Only DRIVECLUB received a bunch of free tracks and around 15 free cars and Forza Motorsport 5 received 2 tracks and around 10 cars if I remember correctly. But those numbers aren't even close th what PD delivered or to your numbers.

Also, you're saying that you'd rather pay for the DLC instead of having it for free? Do you even know the prices of the cars in GT Sport? You can buy them easily with in-game money. The only cars that are harder to be bought are the 20 mil cars but they also can't be purchased via microtransactions because PD said that they want you to feel rewarded when you buy one, like in real life. I prefer the DLC's to continue be free if the cars will have the same prices.

What's the name of that developer who released free tracks and 30-40 free cars? I don't think there's a developer who supported the game with free content as much as PD. Only DRIVECLUB received a bunch of free tracks and around 15 free cars and Forza Motorsport 5 received 2 tracks and around 10 cars if I remember correctly. But those numbers aren't even close th what PD delivered or to your numbers.
There was plenty of hints within the post to give that away without having to bring it up, because everytime the actual name is mentioned it never goes well so I tried to keep that out, but it seems like you got the gist of it. I'm trying to find the breakdown I did years ago, but looking into it again, it came out to about 20-30 free cars and 3 free tracks(I'm looking for the breakdown, so give me some time lol). As much as GTS? You're right, not as much, but I was just pointing out that free content isn't isolated to just one developer. It seems that devs realize when customers might be upset with something, so they spring in to make amends.

Also, you're saying that you'd rather pay for the DLC instead of having it for free? Do you even know the prices of the cars in GT Sport? You can buy them easily with in-game money. The only cars that are harder to be bought are the 20 mil cars but they also can't be purchased via microtransactions because PD said that they want you to feel rewarded when you buy one, like in real life. I prefer the DLC's to continue be free if the cars will have the same prices.
No, what I'm saying is that paid DLC is not any worse than microtransactions in the comparison made, and if either are worth it, I'd gladly spend my money supporting the developers I like. PD also said that there will be no Microtransactions in the first place, so I don't really buy into that either way. I'd prefer them to continue being free as well, but if they transition to paid DLC then I likely wouldn't mind either because it's not like the price for extra content, in any game, is over the top.

Last edited:
No, what I'm saying is that paid DLC is not any worse than microtransactions in the comparison made, and if either are worth it, I'd gladly spend my money supporting the developers I like. PD also said that there will be no Microtransactions in the first place, so I don't really buy into that either way. I'd prefer them to continue being free as well, but if they transition to paid DLC then I likely wouldn't mind either because it's not like the price for extra content, in any game, is over the top.
I get what you want to say, I would be happy even if there would be paid DLC in GT Sport as long as it keeps the game "fresh". But I would like it more if they keep it as it is right now because the prices of the cars are OK and everyone can play with the new content without spending more real money.

I get what you want to say, I would be happy even if there would be paid DLC in GT Sport as long as it keeps the game "fresh". But I would like it more if they keep it as it is right now because the prices of the cars are OK and everyone can play with the new content without spending more real money.
I agree. They've done massive overhaul to their DLC-methods compared to the past, and it's nothing to complain about. The way it is now was something I was not expecting, so I was pleasantly surprised. There's nothing but positives about how it's being handled now.

You think you sound smart or something?

Yes I am complaining about people like you, because you lot are bugging me, because you don’t even know what you’re complaining about.

“They’re just dated” you say. Has it ever occurred to you that MAYBE they modeled the cars to such a high level that they’d be good for 1 or 2 console generations to come? Or do you actually see something wrong about them? If so, show me what’s wrong about them, and I’ll chill.
It's not about the models themselves, but in 2018 they should have a Model 3, Model X and updated Model S, not an outdated model from 2012 that nobody cares about. It just tells me that they can't get their hands on fresh cars being located in Japan, sending people to Europe or USA is obviously expensive for them. It also shows they have a limited understanding of car history and brands that are not japanese. Not to start a war, but Forza 7 shows a car list that is in tune with both modern development of cars as well as historic milestones and even some lesser known cars that have never appeared in any videogame. GTS' car list is safe, dated and limited in comparison. They could keep up back in the PS2 era because modelling only took 1 month, but now they just can't do it.

It's not about the models themselves, but in 2018 they should have a Model 3, Model X and updated Model S, not an outdated model from 2012 that nobody cares about. It just tells me that they can't get their hands on fresh cars being located in Japan, sending people to Europe or USA is obviously expensive for them. It also shows they have a limited understanding of car history and brands that are not japanese. Not to start a war, but Forza 7 shows a car list that is in tune with both modern development of cars as well as historic milestones and even some lesser known cars that have never appeared in any videogame. GTS' car list is safe, dated and limited in comparison. They could keep up back in the PS2 era because modelling only took 1 month, but now they just can't do it.

for the old models they have everything ready (laserscan captures, car photos from every angle, audio captures) they just have to improve the 3D model, re-texturize it and rework the audio. For a new model they have to start from the scratch.

They are probably working on many new models but keep them aside for GT7

They are probably working on many new models but keep them aside for GT7
I kinda doubt that, every studio has limited production capacity, these GT 5 remakes take as much time as brand new cars, maybe a bit less if the reference data from 2005 or whatever is of high enough quality, the sounds are obviously synthetic as opposed to real recordings for these older models. Even T10 who has the most efficient pipeline in the industry is capable of only 7 cars per month on a rolling schedule where production is carried out 24/7 really. It will take a while for PD to remake all the premiums from GT5-6, there are like 400+ left I think, this is not even taking into account cars produced from 2013-2021 or classics still missing from the franchise entirely. It will be interesting to see where they go next.

Back