Guys who stream GTsport..

• Thread starter R10tz0r
  • 168 comments
View attachment 776633

It's even clearer in this frame. 1st has just begun to turn in. 2nd is yet to turn in. 3rd is attempting to block or not in control.

He’s allowed one defending maneuver anyway. Nothing you’re going to say will convince me that was a responsible move. The only thing that would have prevented the crash is if the Porsche had seen the dive coming and not turned in, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to turn in early if there’s no car there yet holding that position....there wasn’t. It was no doubt ending in a crash, and could have been avoided if the desperation move wasn’t made. The guy in 2nd messed up and went wide, the Porsche had to take an aggressive inside line if they were both going to make the corner. The streamer just plugged himself into a battle he wasn’t a part of and ruined two peoples finishes.

that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to turn in early if there’s no car there yet holding that position..
It does if he's going to cause a collision. Just like a car doesn't have the right to make a similarly late move to block an opponent on a straight. If the attacker has nowhere to go but into him, the defender is at fault. If he held his line to the turn in point and the attacker still hits him it's a different story. That's not what happened though.

You can't divebomb from 3 car lengths, and try and overtake 2 cars at a slow chicane no less and expect to be called clean.
You can divebomb from anywhere as long as you get alongside by turn in, make the apex, don't initiate contact, and don't force the defending car to take serious evasive action. With the first three it's usually easy to spot an infringement, the last point is often down to an individual's way of seeing it.

I guess some people don't read race situations too well. If anything, EERIEISSSS drives with less aggression than most.

Unrelated to the above, another to watch is mclarenLB. Very polished, informative and entertaining. Keep them coming @mclarenLB 👍

You can't divebomb from 3 car lengths, and try and overtake 2 cars at a slow chicane no less and expect to be called clean.
You cant if both cars are at a similar speed with similar braking points.

If the car in front brakes way too early or is slow due to going off and rejoining its fair game assuming you can get well alongside before turn in.

This was simply a poorly timed defensive move way before turn in that resulted in carnage.

That video is why setting unrealistic goals leads to mistakes and bad driving. Getting A+ is one thing but making that step to be good enough to qualify for a Regional or World Finals is a huge jump. To even start thinking about it you have to be regularly battling with the very fastest across many different car and track combinations.

There are currently at least a dozen Brits who I reckon on merit can get any of the 3 Nations spots, and many more hovering at 60-70k who just need to tie up some loose ends. Not saying it's impossible (I was still a lazy auto gears pleb in February :lol:), but I think people are getting hung up on reaching A+ when in reality you can still reach it (especially with the quality of these Weekly lobbies now) being 2-3 seconds off the pace.

Also can we not have people in this community that defend despite all evidence bad driving from their favourites. Leave that for the 10 year olds in F1 please :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That video is why setting unrealistic goals leads to mistakes and bad driving. Getting A+ is one thing but making that step to be good enough to qualify for a Regional or World Finals is a huge jump. To even start thinking about it you have to be regularly battling with the very fastest across many different car and track combinations.

There are currently at least a dozen Brits who I reckon on merit can get any of the 3 Nations spots, and many more hovering at 60-70k who just need to tie up some loose ends. Not saying it's impossible (I was still a lazy auto gears pleb in February :lol:), but I think people are getting hung up on reaching A+ when in reality you can still reach it (especially with the quality of these Weekly lobbies now) being 2-3 seconds off the pace.

Also can we not have people in this community that defend despite all evidence bad driving from their favourites. Leave that for the 10 year olds in F1 please :lol:

Even at the "top" you mention this kind of thing still happens, just not as frequently.

My only trigger i guess is the claim that this divebomb is terrible. Its really not that bad.

The dude in front was slow and also too slow on the defensive move. If theyd stuck right after coming back on track they might have kept position. If theyd moved slightly earlier my guess is a full on rear end or the youtuber goes off veering left which leaves no doubt with fault but they left the door open instead and probably only tried to close it after realising someone was already starting to come through. i.e. they misjudged the timing of their defensive move.

You cant if both cars are at a similar speed with similar braking points.

If the car in front brakes way too early or is slow due to going off and rejoining its fair game assuming you can get well alongside before turn in.

This was simply a poorly timed defensive move way before turn in that resulted in carnage.

I means thats just blatantly wrong.

His car is behind the rejoined car even in the braking zone? You only go for such moves if you are side by side a decent amount when you go into the braking zone, otherwise its a clear divebomb and you can't expect the driver in front to expect you to do that.

Not only that, but even after hitting him, he continue to ride against him and casually pushes both cars out of the way while acting like it was an accident. No it was not an accident, you deliberately pushed them both out of the way. Whole thing could have been avoided by simply not going for stupid overtakes and falling back after contact was made.

even after hitting him,
He didn't hit him. The Porsche turned into him.
You only go for such moves if you are side by side a decent amount when you go into the braking zone
This is generally true but not in all circumstances. Legal overtakes regularly happen entirely in the braking zone IRL. Get your car alongside by turn in and the defender must give the attacker room.

I means thats just blatantly wrong.

His car is behind the rejoined car even in the braking zone? You only go for such moves if you are side by side a decent amount when you go into the braking zone, otherwise its a clear divebomb and you can't expect the driver in front to expect you to do that.

Not only that, but even after hitting him, he continue to ride against him and casually pushes both cars out of the way while acting like it was an accident. No it was not an accident, you deliberately pushed them both out of the way. Whole thing could have been avoided by simply not going for stupid overtakes and falling back after contact was made.

Its not wrong. The overtake attempt was legitimate, im not trying to say it was perfect either. The defender got it wrong. Well just have to agree to disagree there.

I'm not offering any opinion on what happened next as I skipped to the next crash. Take that up with the youtuber. Apparently theyre on these forums.

Y’all are so silly, it’s just ridiculous. He went for the bomb from too far out, plain and simple. Evidenced by the 3-car pile-up that was the result. The two cars in front of him were slow through there because the 2nd place guy messed up and went wide, the 3rd place guy rejoined the track. So conditions were not optimal for a perfect line for anyone yet alone a clean overtake. It’s this kind of pass-at-all-costs and go-for-any-gap mentality that can make this game sloppy, even at the highest levels. Yes he should have taken that look up the inside, but if you brake so late that you can’t abandon the maneuver should the guy in front turn in, then you made a bad move. If someone goes for a move like this on me, you better believe I’ll find a way to stick my nose right up there on the following lap or two in the same fashion, but I’ll make sure not to wreck an innocent bystander in the process.

Get your car alongside by turn in and the defender must give the attacker room.
It's worth, at this point, asking where this particular direction appears in the GT Sport rules.

We can all hold ourselves to whatever additional standards we wish, but the baseline for GT Sport is "if you don't get a orange arrow or a time penalty, it's gravy".

And of course "don't become a missile" and "don't make yourself look bad".

“as long as you get alongside by turn-in”

Cool. He wasn’t. And yeah the turn in was earlier than you like, but it doesn’t mean he was alongside before it happened. Why was the turn in early? One reason, traffic in the chicane just ahead. Second reason, his line was compromised from the rejoin and speed difference. Third reason, allowed one defensive move before the attacker gets there.

And of course "don't become a missile" and "don't make yourself look bad".

That first move was very missile-like if I had to give it an accurate name.

It's worth, at this point, asking where this particular direction appears in the GT Sport rules.
It doesn't. However, it is supposed to simulate real life racing. It
would be remiss of me to say that this game is trying to simulate all the rules of real life motorsports. Much like real life motorsports what is expected of a driver is open to interpretation. In this case I would argue the person who looks bad is the Porsche driver because he made a late blocking move (or was out of control).
"if you don't get a orange arrow or a time penalty, it's gravy".
Presumably they both got an orange arrow for the contact. If someones goes off track, a penalty is often handed out to the driver who stays on track, regardless of who is at fault.
it's gravy
This is not a phrase I'm familiar with (although I have heard it before). I think it means "everything's fine". If not I've misunderstood the whole sentence.
And of course "don't become a missile" and "don't make yourself look bad"
If the Porsche driver didn't initiate contact, and the attacking driver did, I would have a different opinion. What we see in the video is the Porsche turn into his opponent, as I have shown in screenshots.

I realise you haven't actually offered an opinion of the incident, and I'm not trying to infer you have. I'm just trying to back up mine based on the parameters you've set.
yeah the turn in was earlier than you like,
Are you suggesting a driver can make a move whenever they like? On a straight? Even if the opponent is .001 behind and travelling at a faster speed? It's the same in the braking zone. If a defending driver makes a late move, and the attacker has nowhere to go, it's the defender's fault. The defending, and the attacking, driver has a responsibility to not cause a collision. IRL it's easy to see where a driver's turn in point is based on previous laps. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury here. I think, in this case, he is unlikely to hit the car in front. IMO 2nd would have made it through the corner if 3rd and 4th don't collide. It's possible 4th would have hit him but we don't get to see that far ahead.
his line was compromised from the rejoin and speed difference.
He is obliged to rejoin safely.
one defensive move before the attacker gets there.
He can make a defensive move, but he has made it so late it has caused a collision.

I meant to say yesterday that I'm not trying to change your mind. I realise that these types of incidents are often contentious. I'm only offering my opinion as I see it. I felt OP's analysis was wrong so I posted a retort. If I've learned anything in my time it's that we're all wrong (including me) some of the time.
why not back off or move over,
Had he known the outcome he might have. There's a fine line between too aggressive and too passive. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
The entire point was that his car was not :lol:
The Porsche turned in well before turn in point. It's obvious from the screenshots.

Last edited:
I hope nobody in this forum watches this YouTuber.

He’s everything that’s wrong with this community and I’m baffled that he’s so self absorbed that he can upload these videos and blame other drivers.

2:55, that’s one of the most disgusting moves I’ve ever seen in this game, taking out two guys and still coming in 2nd, and he immediately wants to shift the blame on other guys. This is what people see when they look up GT on YouTube and think it’s okay to behave this way. No wonder the races have gone to ****.

Wow, he’s not done. 7:19, pushes the other guy but completely doesn’t care lmao.

13:04, again blaming another guy rather than accepting his stupid move. This guy must be a caricature. I can’t explan it otherwise

how can I block his videoes from coming up in my youtube?

Another youtuber I watch frequently, another disgusting move. But it's fine you know, I was faster anyway.

Remember kids, when you make a mistake and are leading, the guy behind always has the right to completely push you out of the way.

Last edited:
Once again, you've poorly misinterpreted the video. He didn't push anyone out of the way.:rolleyes:
Throwing yourself into a corner when you're not even with a car (being level with the rear tyre is NOT being even with a car) always leads to disaster, especially in those fast left handers on Bathurst. He takes the completely wrong line and he would have lost 1 or 2 seconds on the guy in front if he didn't use him as braking assistance to get the turn in. But again, people always want to defend this dirty and aggressive driving. This is almost an exact copy of the Vettel/Verstappen incident in Suzuka, and I want to hear your reasoning where Vettel was in the right then as well.

Hell, even the game agrees with me and gives him a 5 sec penalty.

Look at it again, there's a breakdown of the move at the end of the video. Driver in front hits the wall (tyres going off) and bounces to the right. He gets his car level with the door of the leading driver (without contact) who then turns into him. Tough to disappear at that point.

Sure, it's aggressive and risky trying to pass over the mountain but if the driver in front of you clouts the wall and opens the inside line for you...

Look at it again, there's a breakdown of the move at the end of the video. Driver in front hits the wall (tyres going off) and bounces to the right. He gets his car level with the door of the leading driver (without contact) who then turns into him. Tough to disappear at that point.

Sure, it's aggressive and risky trying to pass over the mountain but if the driver in front of you clouts the wall and opens the inside line for you...

If you need to break down your move into separate screenshots and still have to admit that your move was maybe too aggressiv, something is wrong here.

Again, he is NOT level with the door, but with the rear tyre, which AGAIN does not mean he is completely level with the car in front of him. Do you want to ignore this fact on purpose?

That he gets onto the grass and takes a completely wrong line through there as well? You’re ignoring all of my statements why this overtake was dirty as hell and can only offer the excuse of "being somewhat fairly close next to him"

Seeing an opportunity to try a dirty and risky overtake doesn’t excuse you from being dirty and too aggressive. What kind of logic is that lol

If you need to break down your move into separate screenshots and still have to admit that your move was maybe too aggressiv, something is wrong here.

Again, he is NOT level with the door, but with the rear tyre, which AGAIN does not mean he is completely level with the car in front of him. Do you want to ignore this fact on purpose?

That he gets onto the grass and takes a completely wrong line through there as well? You’re ignoring all of my statements why this overtake was dirty as hell and can only offer the excuse of "being somewhat fairly close next to him"

Seeing an opportunity to try a dirty and risky overtake doesn’t excuse you from being dirty and too aggressive. What kind of logic is that lol

It wasn’t the best of moves, and I would have looked but backed out, but you do need to remember that one bad/suspect/dodgy move doesn’t make you a dirty racer, he is fundamentally a clean racer, no need to try and tarnish him.

Another youtuber I watch frequently, another disgusting move. But it's fine you know, I was faster anyway.

Remember kids, when you make a mistake and are leading, the guy behind always has the right to completely push you out of the way.

Im 50/50 on this one. Racing incident.

Keep posting more vids with crashes. Its interesting to see how other players react.

It wasn’t the best of moves, and I would have looked but backed out, but you do need to remember that one bad/suspect/dodgy move doesn’t make you a dirty racer, he is fundamentally a clean racer, no need to try and tarnish him.
No, I absolutely didn’t want to claim that he is dirty or whatever. I even mentioned him in this thread earlier (or was it another thread?) and he’s still one of my go-to Youtubers when it comes to GT Sport.

Hell, he is to tame and clean most of the time.

I think it was too aggressive. I wouldn't go as far as calling it disgusting though. If I were in the BMW I would definitely feel aggrieved. However if I were in the Porsche I may have been tempted to go for the move. The fact he was gaining and that the BMW hit the wall would have influenced my decision. The door was open for a split second and the time to make the decision was even less. Hesitate and the opportunity is lost. Once the contact is made and the cars switch positions there's an opportunity to give the place back. Again, though, it's only a short window to decide what to do. If the Porsche driver's comments are to be taken at face value he hasn't felt like he was wrong. He does have a case (he did get somewhat alongside), but he should have known that BMW was likely to close the door. Equally though BMW should have realised that by hitting the wall he was giving the driver behind a decision to make. If I placed myself in the position of both drivers I think I would have left more room if I were BMW, and backed out if I were Porsche. I can understand why both drivers came to their respective decisions though.

Last edited:

Sorry for the slow reply, Fell asleep. Getting old.

He is level with the door. Just, That's a pretty hefty overlap on what is a short section of straight road. He then steers onto the grass to avoid touching the M6 who's still turning into the next kink of the road as if he isn't there.

Aggressive and risky, yes. As sinful as you make it out to be, no. Hindsight's a bitch for both drivers in this racing incident.

I'll gladly debate these incidents with you but you have to be more pragmatic about them. I wouldn't have attempted the move myself and obviously you wouldn't have either but you don't use your own ethics to decide blame in these videos. You look for clear cut reasons to blame one driver or the other and if you can't, you have a racing incident.

I'll gladly debate these incidents with you but you have to be more pragmatic about them. I wouldn't have attempted the move myself and obviously you wouldn't have either but you don't use your own ethics to decide blame in these videos. You look for clear cut reasons to blame one driver or the other and if you can't, you have a racing incident.

The thing in the back of my mind that always bothers me when watching these aggressive overtakes is that they are always the first to complain and/or make a video about it when they're at the receiving end of a dirty move. If the YouTubers collectively stopped playing the victim every time they get divebombed or whatever then I wouldn't have any problem with them doing it as well. But seeing as they always excuse their aggressive moves but condemn the others...it just feels to hypocritical for me.

After taking some time and reading both your and Woodybobs comments I accept your opinions but I still think the move was too overzealous. But it's a different beast when you're driving in the FIA race or when you're sitting in front of your laptop talking **** about other drivers.

Back