HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
Tried your S2K '06 tune for the TT, managed to do a 1.42.8xx after few tries, really good a bit understeering in the fast corner but nothing else more.

Cool, didn't think (the setup) would transfer over to comforts that well, I had a quick run with it on comforts (online) and it seemed not to work very good and would need to have a setup made for those tyres..

Thanks .. 👍

Did a Lexus Touring Car setup you requested, let me know what changes you need to suit your style... :D

You were right about the Maserati Gran Turismo S. Pure driving pleasure. Pushing that car puts a massive smile on my face! Another nice tune man. This has become the first place i look when a car isn't to my liking. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08 - SPORTS medium - 600pp (V2.1)

Stock: weight, aero, power

Suspension:

90 / 100
11.95 / 14.01
1 / 2
2 / 6
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Aero:

100 / 200 (stock)
This was a real suprise on SH tires. The stock setup made the car a pig on the harder rubber but this calmed it right down. Used for the Modern Muscle races in IB and won easily.

Don't think the setups will transfer across from the Audi R8s, I'm pretty sure at least one of them has a totally different spring min / max value..by al mean try it though, but pretty sure it won't.

The ballast might help to balance the car out, not sure as never use it, if I get time I'll see..

The Challenger was wierd, it went where you wanted it to go, but just had a weird feel about it,maybe I can look at it again and see if it can have a better feel.. 👍

Hello, Highlandor--

ok, so I ran your '09 set-up on the Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 and it seemed to be fine, as usual what your set-ups do for me is stabilize the car & add consistency so job well done again! If your in the mood one of these days maybe try the R8 LMS Ultra '12 1350KG (-50 ballast position/distribution 48:52) and see what that outcome is (just suggestion) , but this set-up you gave me is great as usual!--

Now about the Challenger, your tune was great and I had a good drive, but I agree, its always had a weird weight shift about it, or its top heavy or something lol-- either way great stuff man & thanks for your time!

ILL BE BACK SOON! lol

Hi, stumbled across your thread whilst looking for a 475pp tune for a Clio V6 and saw your comment about MR cars being difficultnin GT6, just wondering where you are finding the difficulty as I am suffering with horrible understeer mid corner (using a G27, sports softs, 330bhp 1237kg no aero and prefer a loose setup)
No asking/expecting you to come up with a setup, just wondering about the MR cars.

You were right about the Maserati Gran Turismo S. Pure driving pleasure. Pushing that car puts a massive smile on my face! Another nice tune man. This has become the first place i look when a car isn't to my liking. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Yep, dont know why, but the Maserati (once dialled in to drivers needs 100%) just feels fantastic.. The aero (floor) helps keeps it stable, but I like the wild version with no aero, it means lifting off a bit here and there, but in a way, it makes it more satisfying when you get it 'right'...

This was a real suprise on SH tires. The stock setup made the car a pig on the harder rubber but this calmed it right down. Used for the Modern Muscle races in IB and won easily.

If you're using SH for this, than you could maybe drop the front roll bar 1 click...depends how balanced it becomes, or doesn't, or how well the car is as it is.

As always, thanks for your feedback and support 👍

:D

Hello, Highlandor--

ok, so I ran your '09 set-up on the Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 and it seemed to be fine, as usual what your set-ups do for me is stabilize the car & add consistency so job well done again! If your in the mood one of these days maybe try the R8 LMS Ultra '12 1350KG (-50 ballast position/distribution 48:52) and see what that outcome is (just suggestion) , but this set-up you gave me is great as usual!--

Now about the Challenger, your tune was great and I had a good drive, but I agree, its always had a weird weight shift about it, or its top heavy or something lol-- either way great stuff man & thanks for your time!

ILL BE BACK SOON! lol

Cool, thanks for the feedback, I'll try looking at the Challenger again as we used this in GT5 and it was quite a cool car, doesn't have the same feel.. Some cars are naturally soft / hard and need to be adjusted accordingly... Dont think we've got the best out of it at the moment..

The setups here are exactly that, a stable base/platform to adapt to the huge amount of variables (outside of a setup) that can affect it.. It almost impossible for one setup to suit all - 90% of the setups I give to friends need tweaking a little or alot, IMHO always has been and always willl.

I tend to drive with a big mix of guys, from people who are new to online racing all the way to guys who've been to GT academy national and regional finals, I think this helps to see/understand a different side to tuning which not everyone understands...

But that's the world we live in, no different from most other hobbies / interests / cultures etc in life...

As always, thanks for your feedback and support 👍

Hi, stumbled across your thread whilst looking for a 475pp tune for a Clio V6 and saw your comment about MR cars being difficultnin GT6, just wondering where you are finding the difficulty as I am suffering with horrible understeer mid corner (using a G27, sports softs, 330bhp 1237kg no aero and prefer a loose setup)
No asking/expecting you to come up with a setup, just wondering about the MR cars.

The problem is that some cars are still difficult, or almost impossible to race with even if tuned using methods that are far from normal (normal as in what "works" for other cars which are similiar). Not all cars (of the same drivetrain / PP / tyres etc) respond to the same methods, it's quite natural to find an exception to the norm, but when you exhaust all possibilities, far beyond dealing with these normal exceptions and a car is still almost undriveable or un-raceable, to me, there is something wrong there.

After driving and tuning alot more cars now, there's been a couple of cars with other drivetrains that seem to have similair problems.

It's like the game physics allow most cars in most situations to have a field / area where within that area they can be tuned to be balanced or driveable, but somewhere within the GT physics something has happened which pushes a small amount of cars outside this area of usability - even when applying what works for other cars that are similiar and also usin techniques that normally fix the exceptions (i.e. not using ballast of different tyres).

i.e. the R8s etc can work if using unorthadox methods, but 99% of cars don't need these methods, it's quite easy to find good balance etc in a large amount of cars, from hugely diverse backgrounds (from low pp historics to LMPs etc)....

The main culprit in terms of what's wrong is the way these "problem cars" light up their rear outside tyre, causing the back end to come roun or the whole car to spin, so quickly - it's not possible to catch it.

I can try and do a base setup for the Clio and see if that helps you... 👍

Last edited:
Tonight tried your 2 tunes of Z4 and SLS GT3 cars... very good. My only small problem was the transmission

Hi Ricky the gearboxes are a nightmare on GT6, adjusting the ratio's just drives me mad, so even the cars I'll be using myself will run fairly simple gearbox's i.e. fully custom gearbox with a very small amount of adjustment.

The problem is that some cars are still difficult, or almost impossible to race with even if tuned using methods that are far from normal (normal as in what "works" for other cars which are similiar). Not all cars (of the same drivetrain / PP / tyres etc) respond to the same methods, it's quite natural to find an exception to the norm, but when you exhaust all possibilities, far beyond dealing with these normal exceptions and a car is still almost undriveable or un-raceable, to me, there is something wrong there.

After driving and tuning alot more cars now, there's been a couple of cars with other drivetrains that seem to have similair problems.

It's like the game physics allow most cars in most situations to have a field / area where within that area they can be tuned to be balanced or driveable, but somewhere within the GT physics something has happened which pushes a small amount of cars outside this area of usability - even when applying what works for other cars that are similiar and also usin techniques that normally fix the exceptions (i.e. not using ballast of different tyres).

i.e. the R8s etc can work if using unorthadox methods, but 99% of cars don't need these methods, it's quite easy to find good balance etc in a large amount of cars, from hugely diverse backgrounds (from low pp historics to LMPs etc)....

The main culprit in terms of what's wrong is the way these "problem cars" light up their rear outside tyre, causing the back end to come roun or the whole car to spin, so quickly - it's not possible to catch it.

I can try and do a base setup for the Clio and see if that helps you... 👍

Thanks for the input, but by the sounds of it the Clio is suffering differently from other MR's as I'm not having any problems on exiting corners other than a comprimised line caused by the understeer.
I started as I would in GT5 by buying the adjustable susp and leaving it stock apart from reducing rear toe to 0.14 and then using the diff at 10, 25, 18 or there abouts, this gave me an average 2.16 at Silverstone GP with a fastest of 2.15.5, where as rival cars were consistant 15 flats with an Evora hitting a 14 flat.
After talking to one of the guys who I was testing with about where he starts when it comes to tuning I ditched my setup and started again using his method, but ran out of time before finishing setting it up so now I have a car that is horrible to drive and only 20/30 mins of time to set it up before tonights race!!
It would be really helpful to me if I could give you my setup when I'm done tonight and if you could give it a quick going over and suggest where I could improve and why, as it seems tuning is going to be a little more vital in GT6 than it was before.
Thanks again,
Jim.

I would love to see some tunes for the GT300 Base machines. Tires: Racing Hard, Circuits: Japanese World Courses (Fuji, Suzuka, Tsukuba) 518PP, 364 max HP 1050 Min weight. Tuning allowed within those confines. Would that be possible? I hope to promote a GT300 series in a couple months and want to test performance. I have a couple of my own tunes but I need a benchmark to test against. I have been using the stock tune on the BRZ Base GT300 as my benchmark up to this point.

rbwwsc said
Have you considered doing a tune for the Chevy Camaro LM Race Car?
PS: Great tunes!!

Highlandor Reply--Nice car (Camaro LM) - shouldn't be too bad/hard to put something together - what tyres / PP do you want it setup to??
_ _

650 PP Race Hard Tire .. Really like running nuerburgring nordschleife.

Great job here...

Can you do the tune for the huayra 13'

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-600pp-online-only.293305/page-4#post-9101193

Have you considered doing a tune for the Chevy Camaro LM Race Car?
PS: Great tunes!!
_ _

650 PP Race Hard Tire .. Really like running nuerburgring nordschleife.

Great job here...

Thanks for your feedback, Camaro LM setup being posted shortly 👍

I would love to see some tunes for the GT300 Base machines. Tires: Racing Hard, Circuits: Japanese World Courses (Fuji, Suzuka, Tsukuba) 518PP, 364 max HP 1050 Min weight. Tuning allowed within those confines. Would that be possible? I hope to promote a GT300 series in a couple months and want to test performance. I have a couple of my own tunes but I need a benchmark to test against. I have been using the stock tune on the BRZ Base GT300 as my benchmark up to this point.

No worries, we did the GT300s base model a little while ago, but just revised them, biggest problem is the ARTA. With RH tyres it's so out of balance, but put on sports soft and its a different car. Some tracks it can be setup to be quite well balanced (on RH tyres), but go to another track and it falls to pieces.

Let me know what you want to do, I'd recommend putting it on SS tyres as with these, stock, it's not that much slower than the other cars. Once it's setup, it should be bang on the pace.

Alternatively, there's other low powered cars that could take it's place in your series, maybe have a look/think about using another car.

Or, alternate choice no 2 - car equalisation is always subjective, people are going to argue / question no matter what, one method we use to stop this is to make everyone drive each car. So if there's 8 races and 4 cars, everyone drives each one twice, or make it 8 cars and 8 races / tracks and leave the car choice up to the participants.

This way everyone has the same "equiptment" and no one is worse or better off than another.... hope you dont mind the suggestion, it's worked very well for our championships and alot of members seem to like it..

Thanks for the input, but by the sounds of it the Clio is suffering differently from other MR's as I'm not having any problems on exiting corners other than a comprimised line caused by the understeer.
I started as I would in GT5 by buying the adjustable susp and leaving it stock apart from reducing rear toe to 0.14 and then using the diff at 10, 25, 18 or there abouts, this gave me an average 2.16 at Silverstone GP with a fastest of 2.15.5, where as rival cars were consistant 15 flats with an Evora hitting a 14 flat.
After talking to one of the guys who I was testing with about where he starts when it comes to tuning I ditched my setup and started again using his method, but ran out of time before finishing setting it up so now I have a car that is horrible to drive and only 20/30 mins of time to set it up before tonights race!!
It would be really helpful to me if I could give you my setup when I'm done tonight and if you could give it a quick going over and suggest where I could improve and why, as it seems tuning is going to be a little more vital in GT6 than it was before.
Thanks again,
Jim.

You need to let me know exact model - there's 2 road going V6 Clio's and the cup car too, double if you count the Luticia versions... I sent you a PM but I think you had logged off already..

If you still need it, please advise exact car..

Thanks

👍

Camaro LM race car - RACING hards - 632pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine - MD turbo

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

85 / 85
14.86 / 12.08
1 / 1
2 / 2
4 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
+0.02 / -0.05 (can also use -0.05 / +0.10 for more stability if need be)

Brakes:

5 / 5

NOTE: for Nordschliefe use dampers:

2 / 2
6 / 6

Last edited:
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94 - RACING hards - 531pp

Stock: engine, aero

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension (SOFT):

65 / 65
12.68 / 12.72
3 / 1
4 / 3
7 / 7
0.4 / 0.6
-0.10 / +0.10

Suspension (HARD):

65 / 65
16.74 / 16.24
5 / 4
6 / 6
4 / 4
0.4 / 0.6
-0.10 / +0.10

Brakes:

4 / 5 (adjust to suit your style / track)

LSD:

8 / 10
24 / 11
20 / 18

Fr/RR torque Distribution:

20/80

NOTE:

Tested with stock aero, but you'll need to adjust aero for the track being used, reducing difference between FR & RR will help with high speed rotation.

Last edited:
No worries, we did the GT300s base model a little while ago, but just revised them, biggest problem is the ARTA. With RH tyres it's so out of balance, but put on sports soft and its a different car. Some tracks it can be setup to be quite well balanced (on RH tyres), but go to another track and it falls to pieces.

Let me know what you want to do, I'd recommend putting it on SS tyres as with these, stock, it's not that much slower than the other cars. Once it's setup, it should be bang on the pace.

Alternatively, there's other low powered cars that could take it's place in your series, maybe have a look/think about using another car.

Or, alternate choice no 2 - car equalisation is always subjective, people are going to argue / question no matter what, one method we use to stop this is to make everyone drive each car. So if there's 8 races and 4 cars, everyone drives each one twice, or make it 8 cars and 8 races / tracks and leave the car choice up to the participants.

This way everyone has the same "equiptment" and no one is worse or better off than another.... hope you dont mind the suggestion, it's worked very well for our championships and alot of members seem to like it..

Advice is appreciated. I sent you a PM.

Nissan GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94 - SPORTS hards - 550pp (V2.1)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee505/Highlandor/Funny%20****/Godzilla_biography_zps63dc0e30.jpg

Engine - high turbo & exhaust parts to PP
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1245kgs
Fully custom gearbox

Suspension:

115 / 115
7.24 / 5.92
1 / 2
2 / 4
3 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 6 (adjust to suit your style / settings / track - higher rear - more turn in under braking, lower rear = less, more stability)

LSD:

5 / 7
20 / 10
15 / 20

Fr / Rr torque split:

30 / 70

NOTE: there is a bug with this car, the stock Fr / Rr torque split is 150 : -50 (yes, you read that right). This setup (above) was doing ridiculous laptimes in testing, so we'll have to wait and see what happens if/when PD fix the crazy stock Fr/Rr torque split, until then.... fill yer boots...

Unleash Godzilla......
Define ridiculous

Define ridiculous

Ridiculous compared to what the same car was doing against the fast (road) cars lb for lb in GT5, it was no-where, now it's capable of staying with cars that would've left it for dead on GT5...

We raced 530pp road cars 0kgs ballast, 100% power limiter all through GT5, the R32 was no where to be seen, we're now running 550pp sports hard (same regs 0kgs ballast, 100% power limiter) and the R32 can put in some very competitive times against alot of the fast cars.

The cheat cars will still dominate (NSX, R35, Evora etc etc) always have and always will, but take these out of the equation and the R32 is now a viable option, instead of being something you looked at in hope and despair..

Ridiculous compared to what the same car was doing against the fast (road) cars lb for lb in GT5, it was no-where, now it's capable of staying with cars that would've left it for dead on GT5...

We raced 530pp road cars 0kgs ballast, 100% power limiter all through GT5, the R32 was no where to be seen, we're now running 550pp sports hard (same regs 0kgs ballast, 100% power limiter) and the R32 can put in some very competitive times against alot of the fast cars.

The cheat cars will still dominate (NSX, R35, Evora etc etc) always have and always will, but take these out of the equation and the R32 is now a viable option, instead of being something you looked at in hope and despair..

Wow. That is ridiculous lol

Back