HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
Sorry to hear about the Vann Dammage! Feel better soon!

Great work on all the tunes btw. They have really helped me as a beginner Gran Turismo-er!

I was wondering if you had a tune for the Lamborghini Nomad GT1 with racing soft tires?

Thanks in advance!

Honda HSV-010 GT Base model '12 - RACING hards - 573pp (V1.2)

Stock: engine

Adjust aero / gears to suit track

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

60 / 60
16.61 / 15.46
1 / 2
2 / 6
5 / 3
1.0 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.10

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

This is in a different league to the other GT500's. With stage 3 engine tuning it'll keep up with your GTR GT500 Stealth tune (just). Handles (and sounds) like a mosquito- I love it!

Edit: Ok so that was my first impression. After driving it more i'm now around a second clear of my best time in the GTR. 1:54.156 around Suzuka and I bet it can go faster.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Reventon '08 - SPORTS soft - 600pp

Stock: aero, torque split

Engine - tune to 600pp
Weight reduction stage 3
Fully custom gearbox (but all stock)

Suspension:

70 / 90
7.96 / 10.22
4 / 2
2 / 1
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

20 / 10
18 / 10
30 / 20
Here's my opinion on this. With practice, you can slaughter any 600pp car out there, but this is the type of car that demands you learn to use it. It's very heavy, and if you turn too hard, it'll slide. Very challenging car, both to tune and drive. Thumbs up from me 👍.

Fingers crossed for monday morning. If there is a new update let's hope all your wonderfull tuning work won't be wasted by new physics H ;). Hab tuning forever my favorite and the only tuning that makes sense for me (wheel user). Hope you have recovered from your staple accident bro .

Hi all

Well, good news and bad news:

Bad - as a matter of principle, decided to take back my copies of GT6 and Battlefield 4.

Told the people at GAME I thought it was a total piss take having to pay 100 pound for them. We're no talking pocket money here, 100 quid is way too much.

They offered me the best trade in prices they could, so I got 60 quid back, better then a slap in the face (or staple in the eye!).

They said they felt the PS3 wasn't worth playing online, in their opinion Sony has put all their eggs in the PS4 basket, and I have to agree. I don't think I've ever played such big name games with such a huge amount of problems.

GT6: I don't think Polyphony will change - they will still do whatever they want to do and most of the time that won't be what the organisors of serious online racing want. Combined with their useless communication and 'secret' updates/physics changes, enough is enough.

There's alot of things I want to do outside of the PS, summers coming and so is the World Cup, so I think taking the 60 quid now was a good deal.

I'll still be keeping my PS3, got a couple of things I want to do to as a thank you to the awesome guys (and races) from GT5 @ HaB.

After the World Cup has finished, I'll look for a cheap copy of GT6 and maybe come back for some races (aslong as PD has fixed the issues with tyres and pitstops for endurance racing). Would be nice to get back on track with the regulars during the winter months, but who knows what PD has got planned.

Just a big, big thank you to all those who have supported and liked the HaB tunes..

Good news: don't worry, I'll definately be back for GT7, you can guarantee that. After such a warm welcome here for GT6 wouldn't want to dissappoint them for GT7....eh....and how much they like to use some of my setups/techniques (nice new test track you chose for GT6 eh Mr P, soft springs needed at Bathurst, maybe, too? - gee, wonder where you got those from...).

I'll still have the HaB site running, aslong as that is live and running, I'll be around... Best of luck peeps, catch up with you some point in the future...

Once again, huge thank you to all those who used, liked and supported the HaB tunes..

Last edited:
Nice to hear from you bud.

I don't blame you what so ever for taking GT6 back. Less said about it the better.

However, your tunes were/are fantastic and I'll keep looking back here if you have a tune for a car I want.

Once GT7 is with us, I know your tunes are going to be the business once again! Have a great summer fella. As you say, there's lots of things coming up plus why spend your time doing something that isn't worth your time?!

All the best :cheers:

I'm not good at goodbyes :lol:. But seriously.

Sorry to hear you've got rid but I can understand why. Sounds like you got a decent deal too, all things considered. I've been patient with GT6 but lately- I don't know... Mistakes have been made and PD (seemingly) aren't doing much to address them. Anyway...

I, like Andy, will continue to recommend and use your fantastic tunes and will still be checking here first when a car isn't behaving the way I'd like.

Thanks for all your hard work, enjoy the World Cup and I look forward to your return with GT7 (or 6, as the case may be).

Stay safe, and away from staple guns! :cheers:

Hi all

Well, good news and bad news:

Bad - as a matter of principle, decided to take back my copies of GT6 and Battlefield 4.

Told the people at GAME I thought it was a total piss take having to pay 100 pound for them. We're no talking pocket money here, 100 quid is way too much.

They offered me the best trade in prices they could, so I got 60 quid back, better then a slap in the face (or staple in the eye!).

They said they felt the PS3 wasn't worth playing online, in their opinion Sony has put all their eggs in the PS4 basket, and I have to agree. I don't think I've ever played such big name games with such a huge amount of problems.

GT6: I don't think Polyphony will change - they will still do whatever they want to do and most of the time that won't be what the organisors of serious online racing want. Combined with their useless communication and 'secret' updates/physics changes, enough is enough.

There's alot of things I want to do outside of the PS, summers coming and so is the World Cup, so I think taking the 60 quid now was a good deal.

I'll still be keeping my PS3, got a couple of things I want to do to as a thank you to the awesome guys (and races) from GT5 @ HaB.

After the World Cup has finished, I'll look for a cheap copy of GT6 and maybe come back for some races (aslong as PD has fixed the issues with tyres and pitstops for endurance racing). Would be nice to get back on track with the regulars during the winter months, but who knows what PD has got planned.

Just a big, big thank you to all those who have supported and liked the HaB tunes..

Good news: don't worry, I'll definately be back for GT7, you can guarantee that. After such a warm welcome here for GT6 wouldn't want to dissappoint them for GT7....eh....and how much they like to use some of my setups/techniques (nice new test track you chose for GT6 eh Mr P, soft springs needed at Bathurst, maybe, too? - gee, wonder where you got those from...).

I'll still have the HaB site running, aslong as that is live and running, I'll be around... Best of luck peeps, catch up with you some point in the future...

Once again, huge thank you to all those who used, liked and supported the HaB tunes..
H,
Sorry to see you go but I too can hardly blame you. GT6 is the first in the series I've thought of taking back as well. PD dropped the ball with this and 7 will HAVE to be a whole lot better both offline and online before they get my money.

All the best for the future and watch out for flying projectiles :lol:

H,
Sorry to see you go but I too can hardly blame you. GT6 is the first in the series I've thought of taking back as well. PD dropped the ball with this and 7 will HAVE to be a whole lot better both offline and online before they get my money.
The problem I have is as much as GT5 and GT6 have infuriated me, I will never part with them. Hell I'll keep playing GT6 on and off till GT7 comes. And I'll be pre-ordering 7 once I've got a PS4. I can't help myself, even though I know it'll probably let me down and 🤬 all over my lawn.

Least I know I can come to HaB Tuning when the cars handle like garbage, or I mess up with my own setups and they need fixing.

Nissan GT-R YellowHat, Calsonic & Xanavi '08 & Base Model '08 - RACING hards - 577pp (V1.2)

Stock: weight, aero

Suspension:

60 / 60
13.95 / 16.52
1 / 2
3 / 6
5 / 4
1.0 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RACING medium / soft - 577pp (V2.1)

Suspension:

60 / 60
16.60 / 17.70
4 / 4
5 / 5
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
+0.05 / -0.05

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

NOTE: With minor tweaks, these setups could be used as soft / hard setups or relevant tracks on HARD tyres

Is your setup made for controller or wheel????

Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 - SPORTS hard - 450pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, weight

Engine - MID turbo & exhaust parts
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios)

Suspension:

110 / 110
6.38 / 3.63
1 / 2
3 / 6
2 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 8

LSD:

Where it says exhaust parts, does that refer to the Exhaust and Exhaust Manifold? If so, what stage of upgrade for the exhaust?

Ford Focus RS '02 - SPORTS hard - 450p (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine - exhaust part
Weight reduction stage 1 - 976kgs

Suspension:

130 / 130
5.79 / 5.51
2 / 3
3 / 4
4 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 8

LSD:

This is a very nice setup for the rs indeed! I increased deceleration diff from 10 to 30 to make it more stable on braking. This setup it very quick but easy to drive. Thanks!

This is a very nice setup for the rs indeed! I increased deceleration diff from 10 to 30 to make it more stable on braking. This setup it very quick but easy to drive. Thanks!

Cool - thanks 👍

At the moment fully emersed in the GT3s and RUFs on iRacing, just got the hang of doing custom liveries aswell, which is pretty awesome as you can literally upload anything (any image, pattern etc) to your cars.

iRacing is a bit expensive, but it's everything GT should be (albiet in a lesser form) but isn't. I'll try and get some pics etc and post them up, but need to download some stuff to do it.

As always - many thanks to those who supported HaB Tuning and those still using it, always appreciated :bowdown:

Still hoping to pick up a cheap copy of GT6 after the world cup and then plan some racing for the winter months, maybe by then GT6 might be a bit more bearable..

Keep rockin' peeps :cheers:

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine - exhaust
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1455kgs

Suspension:

110 / 110
17.74 / 11.24
3 / 6
3 / 6
5 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
-0.18 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Surprisingly nice to drive car, this caddy. With your setup even nicer. I'm not aware of other 900+ bhp mr/fr road cars which are so easy to handle without driving aids. And it has equal tyre wear front and rear so no need for early pitstops. It is in my top10.

Weak tune. Car won't turn in corners sluggish off the line power bounces up and down coming out of turns oversteers. And why is everything done on hard tires

Weak tune. Car won't turn in corners sluggish off the line power bounces up and down coming out of turns oversteers. And why is everything done on hard tires

I take it reading the first post was a bit too much for you..?

1) there's been a few updates since these setups..so they're very outdated
2) if you're complaining about hard tyres, it's reasonable to assume you dont normally use these - so this might be why it feels it won't turn in.

Tyres are middle of the road tyres, as different people I race with would require both lesser and greater grip from tyres.

It's pretty easy to give this car alot more turn in, whilst still keeping it on hards - these are middle of the road setups to give people a base to work from so there's plenty of leeway to adjust it....

But if that's too hard for you to understand (see 1st post), it's pretty pointless giving you the tweaks needed to make the car better for you...

Best try someone else's setup or go back to the tyres you're used to...

Thanks for trying the setup anyway.. :cheers:

👍

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 - SPORTS medium - 600pp (V2.1)

Stock: weight, aero, torque split
Fully custom gearbox (but all stock)

Suspension:

95 / 95
5.26 / 7.73
3 / 1
6 / 3
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.02

Racing brakes:ght

5 / 5

LSD:

5 / 7
20 / 10
20 / 45
What a fantastic tune! You don't know how heartbroken I have been since I got GT6 and have had to avoid driving my favorite car, the Lamborghini Aventador, because I just couldn't find a tune that suited my driving style and frankly, this car is a wild beast un-modified! I mean no disrespect to other tuners on GTPlanet (and I've used various tunes from all the well known tuners) but your Aventador tune just suits my driving style perfectly. I'm not the most skilled driver - I am far, far from it. With your tune I knocked almost 10 seconds off my best Nurburgring time with this car. I ran a 7:10 lap, which for me is fantastic. Im sure if I take the time to learn where the limits of this beast are on some sections of the track I will lower that number even further.

Great job!!

NSX-R Prototype LM RACE car - RACING hards - (stock 568pp) (V1.2)

Stock: engine, gearbox, aero, weight

Suspension:

70 / 70
14.96 / 16.52
3 / 2
9 / 6
3 / 1
1.0 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 3 or (raise for more "turn in", lower for less and more stability)

LSD:

Will need more adjusting at later date..
HAB any further adjustments for us nontuners?

Tommykaira ZZII '00 - SPORTS medium - (591) 600pp (V2.1)

Stock: weight

Engine - MID turbo
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratio's)

Suspension:

80 / 80
6.84 / 7.48
1 / 2
3 / 4
6 / 6
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

5 / 10
20 / 10
25 / 35

Fr/Rr torque distribution:

25 / 75

Aero:

150 / 350 (max)

Car is about the right pace for 600pp sports mediums, but doesn't quite feel 'right' - will come back to this later..
A fantastic setup! I just used this setup to roll my way to Gold in this week's seasonal event on Big Willow (4WD Non-Race Car Super Lap 550PP). I don't drive this ZZII often. It had only 9 miles on it before the event, but it's going to get a lot more put on because I really like the way it drives now that I've applied your tune.

It seems like we've lost you to iRacing forever. Such a shame. I understand why you'd go - it does seem to be the pinnacle of online sim racing. Hopefully you'll make a reappearance on Gran Turismo some day. I find myself relying on your provided setups more than any other tuner's. Your tunes just work perfectly for me.

How do u set up your transmissions?

Hi - apologies for delay in replying..

I normally keep things pretty simple as most of my cars would be used for different tracks.

I'd use 'motorbike' gears for all my cars i.e. very long 1st and 2nd, then the rest would be close ratio. Changing the gearing was a nightmare at the start of GT6, so I rarely bothered.

It's been a while, haven't even switched my PS3 on for 6 months or more, so can't remember the procedure, I think it was:

Final gear (drive to it shortest)
Make 1st & 2nd gear max (long)
Make rest of gears evenly spaced
Adjust final gear to whatever speed you needed for each track

Sorry couldn't be more help..

What a fantastic tune! You don't know how heartbroken I have been since I got GT6 and have had to avoid driving my favorite car, the Lamborghini Aventador, because I just couldn't find a tune that suited my driving style and frankly, this car is a wild beast un-modified! I mean no disrespect to other tuners on GTPlanet (and I've used various tunes from all the well known tuners) but your Aventador tune just suits my driving style perfectly. I'm not the most skilled driver - I am far, far from it. With your tune I knocked almost 10 seconds off my best Nurburgring time with this car. I ran a 7:10 lap, which for me is fantastic. Im sure if I take the time to learn where the limits of this beast are on some sections of the track I will lower that number even further.

Great job!!

Cool, many thanks for the feedback :D

:cheers:

The 4wd cars were a bit weird, especially on sports soft, those tyres just felt so wrong on GT6, made tuning very hard which is why we swapped to mediums.

Gald you like the setup for the big Lambo, many thanks for trying it 👍

A fantastic setup! I just used this setup to roll my way to Gold in this week's seasonal event on Big Willow (4WD Non-Race Car Super Lap 550PP). I don't drive this ZZII often. It had only 9 miles on it before the event, but it's going to get a lot more put on because I really like the way it drives now that I've applied your tune.

It seems like we've lost you to iRacing forever. Such a shame. I understand why you'd go - it does seem to be the pinnacle of online sim racing. Hopefully you'll make a reappearance on Gran Turismo some day. I find myself relying on your provided setups more than any other tuner's. Your tunes just work perfectly for me.

Cool, many thanks for trying the setup and giving feedback... 👍

Not quite lost forever - still have plenty of secrets about GT physics / setups that no-one else knows (despite numerous devious attempts to find them out) so I'll always keep one eye on GT.

Sometimes in life you have to take one step back before going 2 steps forward, and this was definately the case with GT. I've always been a huge GT fan, but there has to be a cut off point, what PD has done with GT5 & GT6 has proved to push many die hard GT fans away.

Despite personal things not being great, the break from GT and then from all online racing has definately been beneficial. It looks like Sony has done a much better job with the PS4 than the PS3, so maybe there's hope for GT7 ;)

Oh wow...So nice to hear from you @Highlandor! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having personal issues to deal with. Believe me, I know just how difficult real life can get - I hope things have gotten better or will get better for you soon.

If you haven't played GT6 in over 6 months, I hope you have some time available to give it a try soon. You might be pleasantly surprised at some of the physics changes PD has implemented. I don't know how much you've kept up on GT6 news, so I don't want to waste time telling you things you already know. :D

For me, I have nothing to compare GT6 to. I have never played a previous version nor have I played any other serious driving game/sim. I can understand your frustration. Even though I have only been invested in Gran Turismo since December 2013, I have already grown extremely frustrated with PD regarding a lot of different issues with GT6. Still, my frustration must come nowhere near the level of your frustration (or other long-term GT players) because I still find pleasure in playing every day - even if I can only manage 15 minutes a day, I haven't put GT6 on the backburner like thousands have.

Again, I hope all is or soon will be well for you. I will definitely keep an eye out for your Gran Turismo activity - and if we don't cross paths again until GT7, well I'll look forward to driving your GT7 tunes as much as I look forward to tuning yet another car with your setups now! 👍:cheers:

Cool - thanks 👍

At the moment fully emersed in the GT3s and RUFs on iRacing, just got the hang of doing custom liveries aswell, which is pretty awesome as you can literally upload anything (any image, pattern etc) to your cars.

iRacing is a bit expensive, but it's everything GT should be (albiet in a lesser form) but isn't. I'll try and get some pics etc and post them up, but need to download some stuff to do it.

As always - many thanks to those who supported HaB Tuning and those still using it, always appreciated :bowdown:

Still hoping to pick up a cheap copy of GT6 after the world cup and then plan some racing for the winter months, maybe by then GT6 might be a bit more bearable..

Keep rockin' peeps :cheers:

Hello, Highlandor---

I just wanted to say hi & let you know I & my GT3 Club appreciate your time & skill of tuning. I started using your tunes early in GT6 & I'm still using them & sharing them! (with a few little tweaks do to up-dates). So anyways, I was about to post a link to your thread(if that's ok?) to help some of my new members & I saw your post, so I'm glad to see you back & enjoy your iracing! cya around!

& thnx again, your tunes always have worked like a charm 4 me! :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Oh wow...So nice to hear from you @Highlandor! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having personal issues to deal with. Believe me, I know just how difficult real life can get - I hope things have gotten better or will get better for you soon.

If you haven't played GT6 in over 6 months, I hope you have some time available to give it a try soon. You might be pleasantly surprised at some of the physics changes PD has implemented. I don't know how much you've kept up on GT6 news, so I don't want to waste time telling you things you already know. :D

For me, I have nothing to compare GT6 to. I have never played a previous version nor have I played any other serious driving game/sim. I can understand your frustration. Even though I have only been invested in Gran Turismo since December 2013, I have already grown extremely frustrated with PD regarding a lot of different issues with GT6. Still, my frustration must come nowhere near the level of your frustration (or other long-term GT players) because I still find pleasure in playing every day - even if I can only manage 15 minutes a day, I haven't put GT6 on the backburner like thousands have.

Again, I hope all is or soon will be well for you. I will definitely keep an eye out for your Gran Turismo activity - and if we don't cross paths again until GT7, well I'll look forward to driving your GT7 tunes as much as I look forward to tuning yet another car with your setups now! 👍:cheers:

Cool, thanks :bowdown: 👍

I've a bit of 'homework' to do with GT (plus with the horrible British winter just around the corner) I'm having a look around for a cheap copy of GT6. Interested to see what Pd has done with the physics, but think the limitations of the PS3 means PD are flogging a dead horse (compared to what could / should) be achievable with GT online.

Having GT as your only game isn't a bad thing, it's probably quite a good thing, as there's nothing to complicate or distract you. There'd be a hell of alot of people still playing it if GT5 & 6 hadn't been such a dissappointment, I know I wouldn't have tried / played other games anywhere near as much, or even at all, if the '5 & '6 hadn't been like this.

Once again many thanks for tying the setups and giving feedback - these types of setups are very old and not for everyone, so it's nice to see they're useful for some :cheers:

Hello, Highlandor---

I just wanted to say hi & let you know I & my GT3 Club appreciate your time & skill of tuning. I started using your tunes early in GT6 & I'm still using them & sharing them! (with a few little tweaks do to up-dates). So anyways, I was about to post a link to your thread(if that's ok?) to help some of my new members & I saw your post, so I'm glad to see you back & enjoy your iracing! cya around!

& thnx again, your tunes always have worked like a charm 4 me! :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Cool - many thanks :bowdown: 👍

Yep, no worries, if these setups are helpful then no problem at all if you want to link to them. As mentioned with ALB123 above, these setups are very old, so am surprised a little they're still beneficial.

But that's the advantage of using 'base' setups instead of 1 dimensional ones, or using 'glitches' in the game (max/ min ride height, camber etc) as it means the setups are less likely to become redundant when PD do their usual ("let's change one thing and break another", or "let's change physics every update").

Thanks for trying the setups and giving feedback, we can't please everyone but it's nice to know some find them useful, especially after all this time / updates.

:D

:cheers:

Back