HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
Cool - thank you :D

It shouldn't be too much work to get the car more responsive if you want.. 👍

Many thanks 👍

I thought the Reventon wasn't quite right, so am meaning to go back and have a 2nd go at it, along with a few other cars....but if it worked for you then that's cool :D

I think I got the Countach, but haven't driven it yet, I'll have a few laps in it and see what I can do - what PP / tyres etc do you need it for?

OK, no worries.. (apologies, can't remember if asked you before) - do you use wheel or pad (if pad, what setting do you use i.e. steering sensitivity)..? Did you use the setup as it was or add aero?

It's helpful to know this as it'll hopefully make trouble-shooting the tune alot easier..

I'm presuming when you say 'push', you mean understeer?

Pretty sure we should be able to come up with something to make this a bit better - might be worth copying the setup over to another setup sheet in your settings and do a bespoke tune for Motegi oval.?

Thanks as always for your support :bowdown:

👍
I forgot about telling you what I drive with,duh,I use a Driving Force GT wheel,and yes when I said push it was meaning understeer,also I haven't added anything to the car,drive it just as the set-up was, I did end up tweeking the camber a bit and made it turn a little better,but still have to slow it way down to make the turn,I hope I'm helping in getting this figured out.

I forgot about telling you what I drive with,duh,I use a Driving Force GT wheel,and yes when I said push it was meaning understeer,also I haven't added anything to the car,drive it just as the set-up was, I did end up tweeking the camber a bit and made it turn a little better,but still have to slow it way down to make the turn,I hope I'm helping in getting this figured out.

Sent you PM with (hopefully) something better for Motegi Speedway :D

Cool - thank you :D

It shouldn't be too much work to get the car more responsive if you want.. 👍

Many thanks 👍

I thought the Reventon wasn't quite right, so am meaning to go back and have a 2nd go at it, along with a few other cars....but if it worked for you then that's cool :D

I think I got the Countach, but haven't driven it yet, I'll have a few laps in it and see what I can do - what PP / tyres etc do you need it for?

OK, no worries.. (apologies, can't remember if asked you before) - do you use wheel or pad (if pad, what setting do you use i.e. steering sensitivity)..? Did you use the setup as it was or add aero?

It's helpful to know this as it'll hopefully make trouble-shooting the tune alot easier..

I'm presuming when you say 'push', you mean understeer?

Pretty sure we should be able to come up with something to make this a bit better - might be worth copying the setup over to another setup sheet in your settings and do a bespoke tune for Motegi oval.?

Thanks as always for your support :bowdown:

👍

The Reventon it's not that perfect but finally I manged to complete a lap in the ring without crashing lol. I'm DS3 user and it's so hard to control the lambos and ferraries. they always need some serious tuning.
I hope you go back to them and do some tweak to them lol.

:)
I use mostly SM or SS tires on my cars

The Reventon it's not that perfect but finally I manged to complete a lap in the ring without crashing lol. I'm DS3 user and it's so hard to control the lambos and ferraries. they always need some serious tuning.
I hope you go back to them and do some tweak to them lol.

:)
I use mostly SM or SS tires on my cars

Yep, no worries... The Lambo's were done before the 1.03 which changed alot of things, not just what PD said it was supposed to. Many of the cars I've got setups for will need to be looked at again after what that update did..

So many cars now are not worth doing full setups on, they feel so good with default custom suspension settings, only a couple of things need tweaking and it's "job done".. :ill:

Yep, no worries... The Lambo's were done before the 1.03 which changed alot of things, not just what PD said it was supposed to. Many of the cars I've got setups for will need to be looked at again after what that update did..

So many cars now are not worth doing full setups on, they feel so good with default custom suspension settings, only a couple of things need tweaking and it's "job done".. :ill:
Aaaaaand 1.04.

I think it's actually just new content rather than physics adjustments. Not sure though haha. I really hope camber has been fixed but i'm not holding my breath.

I think it's actually just new content rather than physics adjustments. Not sure though haha. I really hope camber has been fixed but i'm not holding my breath.

Hmmm, yeh, Polyphony have just "....done it again...." .

Unbelievable, game is a month old, (on top of 3 years of GT5) and they've already changed things twice.... :banghead:

But why PD are doing all these physics changes? day after day i'm telling to myself that gt6 is only a beta game... we can't be testers or they are testing gt6 for gt7? too much questions... PD!!!

@Highlandor have you noticed anything regarding camber mate?

Hey Fez :D

No, I don't really look at individual variables, try to keep things general as chances are PD change thing generally more than changing individual parts of a setup, a la GT5...

There might well be a change, but haven't had a chance to look at individual things, just ran some cars I tuned pre and post 1.03 to see if there'd been any changes...

But why PD are doing all these physics changes? day after day i'm telling to myself that gt6 is only a beta game... we can't be testers or they are testing gt6 for gt7? too much questions... PD!!!

Erm... because this is what PD do...and have done all through GT5...

Hi Highlandor,

(Sorry for not quoting but I'm using the PS3 browser at the moment and it's not very practical.)

About the Shelby GT500, ok thanks, I'll ask you what to tweak if I want more responsiveness.
I need to do more testing first, the car feels more understeery, but I don't know yet if it's because of the last update or the 2 new Redbull events... Maybe I need more time to get my sensations back...

Keep up the good work.

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 - SPORTS hards - 450pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine - MID turbo and exhaust parts etc
Weight - stage 1 reduction = 976kgs
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios)

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

110 / 110
8.61 / 5.84
3 / 4
4 / 5
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
+0.05 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 8

LSD:

Finally been able to take this out for a spin.

Smooth, very solid. Understeers a bit but it is on Sport Hard and FF, so proper good job... once again 👍

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 - RACING hards - 600pp

Stock: engine, aero

Suspension:

75 / 95
16.40 / 17.00
10 / 4
4 / 1
2 / 3
1.0 / 1.0
0.00 / +0.10

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

:drool: Wow!!! I don't care if the physics have changed since you did this- it's amazing! All this time i've been using the SLS (which i love BTW) when i should have been using this instead. It annihilates every corner ahead of it leaving you thinking you could have gone even faster around it. I did 8 laps of Suzuka with it as a quick test and it got faster and faster with each lap, going far quicker than my best time in the Merc at equivalent PP. Very nice work yet again.

The GT3 Nismo GTR is very nice too, the alternate setup being much better for me.

All three are great but the Z4 is greater! 👍

Hi H,
Just thought I'd let you know that I used a few of your tunes with great success recently. I've had great fun using the GT300 cars for the Nurb 24 mins. I can chalk up wins with Wedsport IS350, Impreza 4wd, '06? RX-7 & BRZ. BTW that BRZ is one taily S.O.B!! You had better be on the watch when your steering that in the wet!
The new hobby is trying to build replicas of cars we don't have in the game at this stage. I'm trying to keep them as close as possible to the car that rolled down the assembly line whenever that was.
Problem is: I don't know squat when it comes to setting up a car to go around corners. I can find the correct ratios for the gearbox & diff but that's about it.
First replica I've got is the '63 Chev Corvette Coupe. The end goal is the '67 Corvette 427 L88 Big block. According to those that know, this weapon had more than the quoted 435bhp. Try 50bhp + more! It also had stiffer suspension than the standard model. I've tried fitting the FC suspension but don't like the default setting at all. Waaaaay too much understeer! Admittedly I'm trying to put 466bhp to the track with Sports:Hard lol. I've fitted the FC diff to replicate an LSD which is very much needed. Too easy to turn the inside tyre red otherwise.
If you can please fit in a look at this whenever you could, if really appreciate it.

Cheers
Pete

PS What tyre do you reckon would best replicate a '67 vintage Factory supplied cross-ply? I shudder to think of traction problems lol

:confused:Things are definitely different,haven't had a chance to do alot of testing yet,but the cars I have driven are definitely driving different.:banghead:🤬

How did you get on with Motegi..?? Any luck with the HSC..??

Hi Highlandor,

(Sorry for not quoting but I'm using the PS3 browser at the moment and it's not very practical.)

About the Shelby GT500, ok thanks, I'll ask you what to tweak if I want more responsiveness.
I need to do more testing first, the car feels more understeery, but I don't know yet if it's because of the last update or the 2 new Redbull events... Maybe I need more time to get my sensations back...

Keep up the good work.

Cool - many thanks :D

Which Shelby GT500 tune did you use - the 550pp or 600pp??

Finally been able to take this out for a spin.

Smooth, very solid. Understeers a bit but it is on Sport Hard and FF, so proper good job... once again 👍

No worries, were you using this offline or online?

Should be fairly easy-ish to loosen it up.. where were you getting the understeer..?

:drool: Wow!!! I don't care if the physics have changed since you did this- it's amazing! All this time i've been using the SLS (which i love BTW) when i should have been using this instead. It annihilates every corner ahead of it leaving you thinking you could have gone even faster around it. I did 8 laps of Suzuka with it as a quick test and it got faster and faster with each lap, going far quicker than my best time in the Merc at equivalent PP. Very nice work yet again.

The GT3 Nismo GTR is very nice too, the alternate setup being much better for me.

All three are great but the Z4 is greater! 👍

The Z4 is a beast, but its way too fast for the other GT3s.. shame, so many people were looking forward to GT3 championships / racing, PD has really screwed things up... :crazy:

With all these updates / physics changes, manual equalisation of car's (performance) is becoming too much work.. I already know 2 websites / race series that have / are jumping ship and leaving GT... It's hitting our racing hard too..

:boggled:

Hi H,
Just thought I'd let you know that I used a few of your tunes with great success recently. I've had great fun using the GT300 cars for the Nurb 24 mins. I can chalk up wins with Wedsport IS350, Impreza 4wd, '06? RX-7 & BRZ. BTW that BRZ is one taily S.O.B!! You had better be on the watch when your steering that in the wet!
The new hobby is trying to build replicas of cars we don't have in the game at this stage. I'm trying to keep them as close as possible to the car that rolled down the assembly line whenever that was.
Problem is: I don't know squat when it comes to setting up a car to go around corners. I can find the correct ratios for the gearbox & diff but that's about it.
First replica I've got is the '63 Chev Corvette Coupe. The end goal is the '67 Corvette 427 L88 Big block. According to those that know, this weapon had more than the quoted 435bhp. Try 50bhp + more! It also had stiffer suspension than the standard model. I've tried fitting the FC suspension but don't like the default setting at all. Waaaaay too much understeer! Admittedly I'm trying to put 466bhp to the track with Sports:Hard lol. I've fitted the FC diff to replicate an LSD which is very much needed. Too easy to turn the inside tyre red otherwise.
If you can please fit in a look at this whenever you could, if really appreciate it.

Cheers
Pete

PS What tyre do you reckon would best replicate a '67 vintage Factory supplied cross-ply? I shudder to think of traction problems lol

Cool - glad to hear the setups are still OK for you... 👍

We were using a stock BRZ on sport mediums a few nights ago, I was quite surprised how easy it was for it to let go at the rear, even in higher gears (schumacher 'S's @ Nurb GP/F sent me flying into the barriers when I wasn't payng enough attention!!)..

Maybe try using the setup from the '69 Vettte 'vert, not sure it'll work but might be better than stock..??

I can have a look at the '69 coupe and see if it'll transfer over..

CROSSPLYS!!! that bring back memories... Got a lift to / from a show with a friend in his semi restored '49 bug a few years back... As it was early Sunday morning the roads were pretty clear and everytime we came to a roundabout he'd give it a quick scandanvian flick and go sideways round it... First time he did it he "forgot" to tell me, I was still half asleep and weren't exepecting it... soon woke me up though!

I'd guess at going down at least one or 2 tyres from stock to get anywhere near how scary those tyres were!

How did you get on with Motegi..?? Any luck with the HSC..??

Cool - many thanks :D

Which Shelby GT500 tune did you use - the 550pp or 600pp??

Should be fairly easy-ish to loosen it up.. where were you getting the understeer..?

The Z4 is a beast, but its way too fast for the other GT3s.. shame, so many people were looking forward to GT3 championships / racing, PD has really screwed things up... :crazy:

With all these updates / physics changes, manual equalisation of car's (performance) is becoming too much work.. I already know 2 websites / race series that have / are jumping ship and leaving GT... It's hitting our racing hard too..

:boggled:

Cool - glad to hear the setups are still OK for you... 👍

We were using a stock BRZ on sport mediums a few nights ago, I was quite surprised how easy it was for it to let go at the rear, even in higher gears (schumacher 'S's @ Nurb GP/F sent me flying into the barriers when I wasn't payng enough attention!!)..

Maybe try using the setup from the '69 Vettte 'vert, not sure it'll work but might be better than stock..??

I can have a look at the '69 coupe and see if it'll transfer over..

CROSSPLYS!!! that bring back memories... Got a lift to / from a show with a friend in his semi restored '49 bug a few years back... As it was early Sunday morning the roads were pretty clear and everytime we came to a roundabout he'd give it a quick scandanvian flick and go sideways round it... First time he did it he "forgot" to tell me, I was still half asleep and weren't exepecting it... soon woke me up though!

I'd guess at going down at least one or 2 tyres from stock to get anywhere near how scary those tyres were!
Hi H,
The '69 Vette coupe is next on the list. Same idea as the '63 actually. The L88 427 version.

I'm thinking of having a go at some 'what ifs'. Taking a top of the range model from the game & giving it a tickle so to speak. I might start with the Alfa Romeo Mito. Try & make a GTA version similar to the 147GTA. Have you waved your magic wand over a Mito yet?
I'll let you know how I go

Cheers
Pete

Yeah, having a GT3 race with the Z4 involved is massively unfair on the other cars in it's class! A shame indeed. I like as close a race as possible but sadly you can't have that with that car.

Unfortunately i don't see PD slowing down with the physics tweeks. We've barely got chance to get used to them before they change something again! It's a pain for me because i have to readjust every car i use with each bloody update as there's always something different. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the tuning garages like yourselves/yourself having to, at least check every car they've tuned, let alone retune them. At least i only use 50 or so cars at the mo. My sympathies.

I'm not surprised to hear about people jumping ship. PD are making it very difficult to enjoy this game! As i saw someone say on these forums; PD, if it aint broke, fix it until it is!

Hi H,
The '69 Vette coupe is next on the list. Same idea as the '63 actually. The L88 427 version.

I'm thinking of having a go at some 'what ifs'. Taking a top of the range model from the game & giving it a tickle so to speak. I might start with the Alfa Romeo Mito. Try & make a GTA version similar to the 147GTA. Have you waved your magic wand over a Mito yet?
I'll let you know how I go

Cheers
Pete

Aaah, my bad, apologies - is the '63 vette the C2?? If so the '69 vette suspension most likely won't transfer over too well..

No, haven't tried the MITO yet, come to think of it, haven't done many Alfas at all much... some of the olde FWDs are very good - the GT and GTA :D

Will try and have a look, but got alot of revising for the road cars as alot of them are pre 1.03 setups and probably be pretty useless by now :ill:

If you want to make GT3 cars equalize in performance just test them. I think that a 600pp Z4 has equal performance as the SLS & Audi at 618pp.
I tried the SLS, Z4 and GTR each at 600pp and found the Z4 to be nearly 3 seconds faster due to its ability to out-handle the other two.
Granted it was the third car i drove out of the three so i may have been more dialled in to the circuit but i've tried the SLS again today and i just can't get it to go as quick. I'm not sure if the Z4 just suits my driving style better or if it's actually a better car.

Edit: 2.4 seconds faster. Not 3. But still...

Last edited:
Aaah, my bad, apologies - is the '63 vette the C2?? If so the '69 vette suspension most likely won't transfer over too well..

No, haven't tried the MITO yet, come to think of it, haven't done many Alfas at all much... some of the olde FWDs are very good - the GT and GTA :D

Will try and have a look, but got alot of revising for the road cars as alot of them are pre 1.03 setups and probably be pretty useless by now :ill:
Yeah the '63 is the C2 and the '69 is a C3.

Offline (everything offline for me atm)

From what I can remember just coming out of short-mid size corners. Just a bit of wheelspin that's causing the car to push wide. Nothing major though, it's probably me pushing it too hard, am a DS3 user.

Offline (everything offline for me atm)

From what I can remember just coming out of short-mid size corners. Just a bit of wheelspin that's causing the car to push wide. Nothing major though, it's probably me pushing it too hard, am a DS3 user.

No worries... Try going +0.10 / -0.10 with the toe....should help to loosen the car up and help with rotation..

Did you do the 'tranny trick' or make the lower (1st, 2nd) gears all way to left, 6th gear al way to right and rest evenly spaced??

The LSD I used was a pretty basic fwd LSD, adjusting this and getting this much better should also help :D

👍

No worries... Try going +0.10 / -0.10 with the toe....should help to loosen the car up and help with rotation..

Did you do the 'tranny trick' or make the lower (1st, 2nd) gears all way to left, 6th gear al way to right and rest evenly spaced??

The LSD I used was a pretty basic fwd LSD, adjusting this and getting this much better should also help :D

👍

Thanks for the toe settings :cheers: I'll let you know.

Yeah I've tranny tricked the gearbox, as follows: (I feel I can do gearboxes!)

To 6.000
To 112mph, then
------
4.200 - This gets adjusted per track.

I'll have a play around with the LSD also. 👍

On a side note, do you reckon your LFA tune will be usable on the 'Ring Edition LFA? I'm looking for a car for Rainmasters.

Thanks for the toe settings :cheers: I'll let you know.

Yeah I've tranny tricked the gearbox, as follows: (I feel I can do gearboxes!)

To 6.000
To 112mph, then
------
4.200 - This gets adjusted per track.

I'll have a play around with the LSD also. 👍

On a side note, do you reckon your LFA tune will be usable on the 'Ring Edition LFA? I'm looking for a car for Rainmasters.
I like the gearbox ratios. You have the same approach as me when it comes to stacking a 'box if the ratios are free.

I like the gearbox ratios. You have the same approach as me when it comes to stacking a 'box if the ratios are free.

Notice also I have to have ratios that end in 0 or 5... or my OCD flares up!! :lol:

I don't have that problem with suspension settings though thank goodness. I'd really be in trouble then, shooting myself in the foot.

Back