Hajime Racers Team: Touge, Wangan and Drift!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter G_Parrilla
  • 3,930 comments
  • 190,560 views
View attachment 394128

One hour enduro. A 10 minutes quali starts the Sunday 28th, 7PM GMT. The race will be held right after it.


Special thanks to the TRD Hot Version Racing Series Club for allowing us to use their specifications for the race.


Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex ’83/ Corolla Levin GT-Apex ’83
  • 220Bhp
  • 850Kg
  • N/A only (No Turbo/Supercharger)
  • Sports Soft Tyres
  • Tyre-fuel wear
  • Full Damage
  • SRF = Off
  • Active Steering = Off
  • TSC = Off
  • ASM = Off


Tsukuba Circuit
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: (time penalty subject to replay verification, no in-game penalties)
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal


This is our first circuit event! :dopey: Racing in a closed track needs a different type of driving. Racing
etiquette is a must.

Feel free to ask anything about the specifications / racing etiquette / penalty
system. 👍



Confirmed entry list:

  • Kaza
  • Konan
  • G_Parrilla
  • Ruwan1969

I'll be out of town for work for two weeks starting Friday, so I won't be making that. Good luck all
 
View attachment 394128

One hour enduro. A 10 minutes quali starts the Sunday 28th, 7PM GMT. The race will be held right after it.


Special thanks to the TRD Hot Version Racing Series Club for allowing us to use their specifications for the race.


Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex ’83/ Corolla Levin GT-Apex ’83
  • 220Bhp
  • 850Kg
  • N/A only (No Turbo/Supercharger)
  • Sports Soft Tyres
  • Tyre-fuel wear
  • Full Damage
  • SRF = Off
  • Active Steering = Off
  • TSC = Off
  • ASM = Off


Tsukuba Circuit
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: (time penalty subject to replay verification, no in-game penalties)
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal


This is our first circuit event! :dopey: Racing in a closed track needs a different type of driving. Racing
etiquette is a must.

Feel free to ask anything about the specifications / racing etiquette / penalty
system. 👍



Confirmed entry list:

  • Kaza
  • Konan
  • G_Parrilla
  • Ruwan1969

I could probably do this
 
Did some good racing with @twitcher and got to retune the GT40 Mk1. It corners on par with Kenjiro's beastly R8 with just a tad more top speed and less acceleration.
 
Did some good racing with @twitcher and got to retune the GT40 Mk1. It corners on par with Kenjiro's beastly R8 with just a tad more top speed and less acceleration.
Ya good races man, a lot of close ones! Sorry for the crashes at the finish :dopey: I tend to lose people in my blind spot while going around the final left hand sweeper...makes a mess sometimes :lol:

I made another breakthrough with the Skyline Sedan and Coupe after you left...found another 1.5-2 mph :D. Now if I could just that pig of a sedan to corner...
 
Ya good races man, a lot of close ones! Sorry for the crashes at the finish :dopey: I tend to lose people in my blind spot while going around the final left hand sweeper...makes a mess sometimes :lol:

I made another breakthrough with the Skyline Sedan and Coupe after you left...found another 1.5-2 mph :D. Now if I could just that pig of a sedan to corner...
Your differential could be key. What's your accel setting?
 
Wangan lobby up, I'll be semi-afc at times. Just going to test a few things.

Edit: At touge w/rain now.

Edit II: I've had to leave. :boggled:
 
Last edited:
Your differential could be key. What's your accel setting?
Umm can't remember off the top of my head...it's pretty low though. Lower than 15 I think.

Forgot to mention before, I also got an ISF, at 13D spec, up to 205mph. Was pretty stoked to discover it was possible :)
 
View attachment 394128

One hour enduro. A 10 minutes quali starts the Sunday 28th, 7PM GMT. The race will be held right after it.


Special thanks to the TRD Hot Version Racing Series Club for allowing us to use their specifications for the race.


Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex ’83/ Corolla Levin GT-Apex ’83
  • 220Bhp
  • 850Kg
  • N/A only (No Turbo/Supercharger)
  • Sports Soft Tyres
  • Tyre-fuel wear
  • Full Damage
  • SRF = Off
  • Active Steering = Off
  • TSC = Off
  • ASM = Off


Tsukuba Circuit
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: (time penalty subject to replay verification, no in-game penalties)
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal


This is our first circuit event! :dopey: Racing in a closed track needs a different type of driving. Racing
etiquette is a must.

Feel free to ask anything about the specifications / racing etiquette / penalty
system. 👍



Confirmed entry list:

  • Kaza
  • Konan
  • G_Parrilla
  • Ruwan1969

Sunday is when i'm out flying my rc planes and only day i get with my dad.. sorry but i won't be able to join in :(
 
Umm can't remember off the top of my head...it's pretty low though. Lower than 15 I think.

Forgot to mention before, I also got an ISF, at 13D spec, up to 205mph. Was pretty stoked to discover it was possible :)
20 or above makes it turn better but also presents the risk of breaking the grip on the tires.
 
20 or above makes it turn better but also presents the risk of breaking the grip on the tires.
In which case you increase initial torque to aid exit stability.
 
Umm can't remember off the top of my head...it's pretty low though. Lower than 15 I think.

Forgot to mention before, I also got an ISF, at 13D spec, up to 205mph. Was pretty stoked to discover it was possible :)
I want isf tune
 
I want isf tune
I'm sure you do :p

Try one on your own first. 470hp, max weight reduction (1299lbs I think). When I first tried it, it was a dud. The 30 downforce kills the top speed. I fiddled around with the gearing though and found the sweet spot :). It barely touches 205 in the second tunnel, so it's a little slow, but with some more tuning I think it'll hang with most of the class.

I'll post my tune later when I get home from work. The key is keeping the engine in the power band...really small rpm drop when shifting up through the higher gears (4 and up).
 
Good music and end... still poor skyline thought looks great 👍
It was a mix of, it was the first time I drove that matterhorn, and that odd bank + wall :), also. Are you going to be online tonight? I'd like to get some random stories going for anyone who needs a break from wangan for a sec for the filler story Idea I had.
 
It was a mix of, it was the first time I drove that matterhorn, and that odd bank + wall :), also. Are you going to be online tonight? I'd like to get some random stories going for anyone who needs a break from wangan for a sec for the filler story Idea I had.
Yeah i'll be on tonight. at what time... i dunno.. but i'll post here when i'm on :)
 
I'm sure you do :p

Try one on your own first. 470hp, max weight reduction (1299lbs I think). When I first tried it, it was a dud. The 30 downforce kills the top speed. I fiddled around with the gearing though and found the sweet spot :). It barely touches 205 in the second tunnel, so it's a little slow, but with some more tuning I think it'll hang with most of the class.

I'll post my tune later when I get home from work. The key is keeping the engine in the power band...really small rpm drop when shifting up through the higher gears (4 and up).

I'm getting good at the transmission tuning so what I do is I set the final gear to the max and then adjust max speed one or two steps up, then I make the first few gears longer and the top gears shorter then tweak the final gear.
 
Managed to duck home for lunch. Here's the ISF tune:

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
1299lbs

Oil Change
Engine Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Power limiter: 81.6
470HP
466ft-lbs

Transmission:
Set Final Gear to 5.000
Set Max Speed to 124mph (lowest it can go)

1 - 2.780
2 - 2.140
3 - 1.725
4 - 1.410
5 - 1.175
6 - 0.985
7 - 0.835
Final - 2.750

Transmission still needs work. You'll want to get the shifts to drop to about 5700-5800 rpm when up shifting. Short shifting may work well for this car, as the torque falls off at really high rpm.

Edit: scratch that, don't short shift. In 1, 2 & 3, go right to the 7400rpm rev limit. For 4-7, shift up when the red light flashes.
 
Last edited:
Managed to duck home for lunch. Here's the ISF tune:

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
1299lbs

Oil Change
Engine Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Power limiter: 81.6
470HP
466ft-lbs

Transmission:
Set Final Gear to 5.000
Set Max Speed to 124mph (lowest it can go)

1 - 2.780
2 - 2.140
3 - 1.725
4 - 1.410
5 - 1.175
6 - 0.985
7 - 0.835
Final - 2.750

Transmission still needs work. You'll want to get the shifts to drop to about 5700-5800 rpm when up shifting. Short shifting may work well for this car, as the torque falls off at really high rpm.
You don't need it to be set to 124, you just waste a lot of the Final Gear. Try a second set-up but this time, set the max speed anywhere between 160 and 180.
 
You don't need it to be set to 124, you just waste a lot of the Final Gear. Try a second set-up but this time, set the max speed anywhere between 160 and 180.
Hmm I might try that. But I've always found that using the lowest max speed possible allows for the shortest 6th (7th for the ISF) possible, which in turn allows for the smallest rpm drop in the gears leading up to the last one.

The way I have it built, the ISF has about a 1500rpm powerband. 5800-7300, ish. I've got it set so the rpm drop lands just under 6000rpm.

Other cars, like the R33, I have the max speed set around 160mph. The torque curve allows for a much larger rpm drop between gears. I can push 5 and 6 to be a little longer, and then make the final shorter to give it better pull in the lower gears.
 
Ok everyone, listen up:
Due to the lack of confirmed assitance for the next sunday event, we need to know which day/time fits most of the people. The options are:

  • Fridays nights.
  • Saturdays nights.
  • Sundays evenings.
Please answer, we need this information for future events as well 👍
 
Ok everyone, listen up:
Due to the lack of confirmed assitance for the next sunday event, we need to know which day/time fits most of the people. The options are:

  • Fridays nights.
  • Saturdays nights.
  • Sundays evenings.
Please answer, we need this information for future events as well 👍
I typically have Friday and Saturday free.
 
I usually work friday from 7 am to 10 am CST, so friday is when I'd be on during the night for you guys.
 
Back