Hajime Racers Team: Touge, Wangan and Drift!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter G_Parrilla
  • 3,930 comments
  • 190,505 views
I think we established a good system already, but this is the club owners' call.
I'm not necessarily proposing this SHOULD be in the club...just wondered if anyone has thought of it is all. I'm about to start opening lobbies and build cars like that.
 
Have money-based classes ever crossed your minds? Like for instance, a touge class where a car plus its parts cannot exceed over 50,000cr. That includes things such as rims, oil change and increased body rigidity.
@KazaMR2 this ain't too bad of an idea man.
 
@KazaMR2 this ain't too bad of an idea man.
Let me play the devil's advocate, if I may. If there is a budget cap, people will either buy the strongest car they can (i.e. 100k cap can net some ridiculous cars) or just go all in on a cheap car which throws the balance out of whack. You also eliminate the more expensive cars that can compete at that performance range out of the question. For example, if you pricecapped Class A, you'd cut out the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Passo, which is a solid and quick car at that range.

The other issue comes with how people go for the best budget car. If someone can't afford a TZ3 or Huyar,a for SSRX for example, they'd buy a Supra RZ instead because it's just as strong.
 
Have money-based classes ever crossed your minds? Like for instance, a touge class where a car plus its parts cannot exceed over 50,000cr. That includes things such as rims, oil change and increased body rigidity.
I don't think it'll work, because there isn't really a way of telling weather or not someone's cheating. (I.e. You can't tell just by looking if they have increased body rigidity) As @Obelisk pointed out, the system we have works well with no problems. But, again, it's up to @G_Parrilla, @KazaMR2, and @TheNeos to decide.
 
I don't think it'll work, because there isn't really a way of telling weather or not someone's cheating. (I.e. You can't tell just by looking if they have increased body rigidity) As @Obelisk pointed out, the system we have works well with no problems. But, again, it's up to @G_Parrilla, @KazaMR2, and @TheNeos to decide.
But as a community we should be able to trust eachother to not cheat, a strategy would be a screenshot maybe? max 50k spent on a car?
 
But as a community we should be able to trust eachother to not cheat, a strategy would be a screenshot maybe? max 50k spent on a car?
I guess, but then again, @Obelisk's statement makes sense. Again, (:p) its up to the HR leaders to decide. And a money-based class really only works in competition, which isn't what Hajime Racers is about.
 
I don't think it'll work, because there isn't really a way of telling weather or not someone's cheating. (I.e. You can't tell just by looking if they have increased body rigidity) As @Obelisk pointed out, the system we have works well with no problems. But, again, it's up to @G_Parrilla, @KazaMR2, and @TheNeos to decide.
While that is true, they can only hide so much before you can clearly identify that they've spent too much. I'll repeat though, that I didn't necessarily suggest making budget classes....was just wondering if it had been considered before is all.
Let me play the devil's advocate, if I may. If there is a budget cap, people will either buy the strongest car they can (i.e. 100k cap can net some ridiculous cars) or just go all in on a cheap car which throws the balance out of whack. You also eliminate the more expensive cars that can compete at that performance range out of the question. For example, if you pricecapped Class A, you'd cut out the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Passo, which is a solid and quick car at that range.

The other issue comes with how people go for the best budget car. If someone can't afford a TZ3 or Huyar,a for SSRX for example, they'd buy a Supra RZ instead because it's just as strong.
Interesting point. One could set other regs in tandem to the price cap, such as engine displacement and power/weight. You also forget that such budget classes are designed for enjoyment of lesser, more common, and/or readily obtainable cars, rather than the same old GT-Rs, RX-7s, Lan Evos, etc. Again, I only asked.
I guess, but then again, @Obelisk's statement makes sense. Again, (:p) its up to the HR leaders to decide. And a money-based class really only works in competition, which isn't what Hajime Racers is about.
For a laidback club, regs here get pretty tight. At that point, how isn't HR at least a LITTLE competitive? Haha. But I still get there's a difference between climb-the-leaderboards competitive, and friendly-battles-among-friends competitive.
 
While that is true, they can only hide so much before you can clearly identify that they've spent too much. I'll repeat though, that I didn't necessarily suggest making budget classes....was just wondering if it had been considered before is all. Interesting point. One could set other regs in tandem to the price cap, such as engine displacement and power/weight. You also forget that such budget classes are designed for enjoyment of lesser, more common, and/or readily obtainable cars, rather than the same old GT-Rs, RX-7s, Lan Evos, etc. Again, I only asked. For a laidback club, regs here get pretty tight. At that point, how isn't HR at least a LITTLE competitive? Haha. But I still get there's a difference between climb-the-leaderboards competitive, and friendly-battles-among-friends competitive.

We do have pretty stringent specs (especially the Wangan specs) but it's all in the name of having fun and fair battles.
 
Have money-based classes ever crossed your minds? Like for instance, a touge class where a car plus its parts cannot exceed over 50,000cr. That includes things such as rims, oil change and increased body rigidity.

As of what most people have already said here I have to agree, I don't think this would work well. There is too many loopholes for a start, as of the body rigidity and other GT auto tunes which you can't tell if they have been applied or not. I also think that we'd have to inforce another special spec as with the wangan for some car that would be over-powered. I mean, someone could just take a way over powered light-weight car and dominate everyone with it.

I have to diagree with this. But it doesn't mean we could alter the idea a tad and make a new spec. As for now, I'd say our specs are in top condition for fun and enjoyable racing, we don't really need any more I think too. (Well my highway specs maybe not, but I haven't made all the special specs yet... :lol:)
 
For a laidback club, regs here get pretty tight. At that point, how isn't HR at least a LITTLE competitive? Haha. But I still get there's a difference between climb-the-leaderboards competitive, and friendly-battles-among-friends competitive.
The only real competition between members usually happens in events (I.e. TRD AE86 N2 races, Kanjo Hondas, etc.). Other than that, I personally think the current regulations allow members to have a "laidback" experience. :cheers:
 
As of what most people have already said here I have to agree, I don't think this would work well. There is too many loopholes for a start, as of the body rigidity and other GT auto tunes which you can't tell if they have been applied or not. I also think that we'd have to inforce another special spec as with the wangan for some car that would be over-powered. I mean, someone could just take a way over powered light-weight car and dominate everyone with it.

I have to diagree with this. But it doesn't mean we could alter the idea a tad and make a new spec. As for now, I'd say our specs are in top condition for fun and enjoyable racing, we don't really need any more I think too. (Well my highway specs maybe not, but I haven't made all the special specs yet... :lol:)
Yeah. We had exactly the same problem in Lots when discussing a budget so we scraped the idea. I have been playing around with the idea for a couple of years and came up with an odd idea. If implemented for touge, I was of going to have the budget based on the displacement classes. It would follow like this.

Class C- 25,000Cr
Class B- 35,000Cr
Class A- 50,000Cr

Because there is disparity of prices regarding aero and reinforcement between cars, I wished to omit those parts from being counted towards the budget and counting only parts in the tuning section. Well, all of this assuming you want cross-class competition.

On a side note...

I like the current regs but was wondering if a class devoted to classics was considered. I.e. I wanted to make a 280zx for class c, but... the car weighs so little that even with full ballast it is too light for the regs. This is a common problem for many pre-80s jdms as they are made of foil, :lol:.
 
I like the current regs but was wondering if a class devoted to classics was considered. I.e. I wanted to make a 280zx for class c, but... the car weighs so little that even with full ballast it is too light for the regs. This is a common problem for many pre-80s jdms as they are made of foil, lol.

@KazaMR2 Do we have an ancient jdm class? I think we might need one for special event races.
 
On a side note...

I like the current regs but was wondering if a class devoted to classics was considered. I.e. I wanted to make a 280zx for class c, but... the car weighs so little that even with full ballast it is too light for the regs. This is a common problem for many pre-80s jdms as they are made of foil, :lol:.

@KazaMR2 Do we have an ancient jdm class? I think we might need one for special event races.

Hmm... I'm down for a special class for classics, an alternate B & C class? Sounds fun! Since G usually takes care of the touge stuff, I'll consulte him and TheNeos, and we'll make a new classification soon I think. :cheers:

I was actually thinking of making a few alternate touge classes the other day. What do you guys think of a super-light C class? (and maybe B-class?) for even faster touge cars! :dopey:
 
Vintage Jdm class. Let's be pc people, :banghead:

Also, I like the idea of a super-light class. May I share a suggestion?

Class L(Light)
850kg-950kg
200hp

*assuming there isn't a displacement limit.
 
Last edited:
Hmm... I'm down for a special class for classics, an alternate B & C class? Sounds fun! Since G usually takes care of the touge stuff, I'll consulte him and TheNeos, and we'll make a new classification soon I think. :cheers:

I was actually thinking of making a few alternate touge classes the other day. What do you guys think of a super-light C class? (and maybe B-class?) for even faster touge cars! :dopey:

This doesn't include 'Murican vintage cars :(
 
[QUOTE Obelisk, post: 10956783, member: 261885"]This doesn't include 'Murican vintage cars :([/QUOTE]
Well you normally wouldn't put the words American cars and Touge together. :lol: Maybe they can be used for drag racing? ;)
 
[QUOTE Obelisk, post: 10956783, member: 261885"]This doesn't include 'Murican vintage cars :(
Well you normally wouldn't put the words American cars and Touge together. :lol: Maybe they can be used for drag racing? ;)[/QUOTE]
Both Dag and Steel haveuscle cars. Dag has the Corvette C3, Pontiac Trans-Am and I forget the other one. Steel uses a C1 Vette.
 
About to open a lobby in around 30 minutes, anyone want to join and test some vintage cars & light-weights for a touge spec?

Edit: Lobby down
 
Last edited:
About to open a lobby in around 30 minutes, anyone want to join and test some vintage cars & light-weights for a touge spec?
I'm actually going to do a story lobby later so...
 
[QUOTE Obelisk, post: 10956783, member: 261885"]This doesn't include 'Murican vintage cars :(
Well you normally wouldn't put the words American cars and Touge together. :lol: Maybe they can be used for drag racing? ;)[/QUOTE]
You usually don't use American car and light in the same sentence either :lol: but I like the idea of a classic car class, as I always say old school is my kind of school :cool:
 
Hey,are you guys still there? I would like to be apart of this. About me,I'm just an beginner driver who loves to drive EDM import cars at the japanese street racing scene among the bunch of JDM cars. I know you guys are all about JDM but I hope you dont mind with this. I'm coming from TXR and TXRD series and have this as a inspiration in GT6,that's the only reason I still play this game. I'm into ID and WM as well.

Any of you who's still active in this club,please add-me and invite for your rooms. I'm up almost every day. :cheers:
 
[QUOTE Obelisk, post: 10956783, member: 261885"]This doesn't include 'Murican vintage cars :(
Well you normally wouldn't put the words American cars and Touge together. :lol: Maybe they can be used for drag racing? ;)[/QUOTE] Idk...some muscle cars have sone great touge potential. I'm building a Firebird atm for it, with a Shelby 'Stang on the way (which is very light...can be under 1000kg!). If any of you are familiar with hanablemoore, you cannot forget how much of a threat his 69 Camaro can be between 450pp and 500pp lol. But I'd love for vintage/classics to be included.
 
550
Hey,are you guys still there? I would like to be apart of this. About me,I'm just an beginner driver who loves to drive EDM import cars at the japanese street racing scene among the bunch of JDM cars. I know you guys are all about JDM but I hope you dont mind with this. I'm coming from TXR and TXRD series and have this as a inspiration in GT6,that's the only reason I still play this game. I'm into ID and WM as well.

Any of you who's still active in this club,please add-me and invite for your rooms. I'm up almost every day. :cheers:
Welcome! Just join the club in the GT6 Community!
 
550
Hey,are you guys still there? I would like to be apart of this. About me,I'm just an beginner driver who loves to drive EDM import cars at the japanese street racing scene among the bunch of JDM cars. I know you guys are all about JDM but I hope you dont mind with this. I'm coming from TXR and TXRD series and have this as a inspiration in GT6,that's the only reason I still play this game. I'm into ID and WM as well.

Any of you who's still active in this club,please add-me and invite for your rooms. I'm up almost every day. :cheers:
Welcome meng. Everyone is free to join and all you'd need to do then is join the Hajime Racers club on GT6 community and look out for any of our lobbies, whether it be here on the thread or through GT6.
 
Thanks,I've already joined the club some time ago,and I used to race in a room with some of you once (that's was a hell of fun) but now don't matter the times I go to the club rooms,never could find any room open. Then I just wanted to make sure you guys are still active.
 
550
Thanks,I've already joined the club some time ago,and I used to race in a room with some of you once (that's was a hell of fun) but now don't matter the times I go to the club rooms,never could find any room open. Then I just wanted to make sure you guys are still active.
Tbh, our lobbies just kinda happen randomly, as many of us work, have school, etc. That's why I said previously to check the forums and all regularly. I'll be on in a few myself if you want to add me.
 
Tbh, our lobbies just kinda happen randomly, as many of us work, have school, etc. That's why I said previously to check the forums and all regularly. I'll be on in a few myself if you want to add me.

That's right,I do play,as you said,kinda ramdomly,too. I'll keep looking for then,and make sure to add you today,after work. Just want to race together,make friends,participate in these club events and all of this.
 
550
That's right,I do play,as you said,kinda ramdomly,too. I'll keep looking for then,and make sure to add you today,after work. Just want to race together,make friends,participate in these club events and all of this.

I will be on later tonight doing a wangan lobby.
 
Back