Hardware List : devices Compatible with Photo Mode

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 138 comments
A while ago I had my ipod shuffle(512mb)working fine to transfer the pictures,but now it doesnt work.Could it be that I need to buy some kind of softwear?

Nikon Coolpix 3100 worked just fine, but my SonyEricsson K750i wouldn't and my 30GB iPod video also not :indiff: which dissappointed me in that way. I thought it would be a bit more "alienware-friendly" :odd:

Emprex 128mb Flash Drive works...

PD371-s400.jpg

Someone has still yet to add the PSP to the list. But I cannot remember who was the first one to say the PSP worked guys.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Someone has still yet to add the PSP to the list. But I cannot remember who was the first one to say the PSP worked guys.

Yeah, PSP worked fine for me. It required that I connect it to the computer in USB mode and reformat the drive in FAT format.

I also have another flash drive I've used that originally would not work, but after reformatting worked great! I don't know the brand though, its a 128mb swivel drive (the casing is metal and swivels around the USB end to protect it when not in use) that I bought for $8 from work with my name engraved on it.

noobie 4 ever
my psp works :) the only downside is that the pics are blurry :indiff:. is threr any way to fix this?

There are three quality settings, make sure you're using the highest. It defaults to the lowest, I think, assuming you need to save space on your memory card, if that's where you're saving it. I don't think it moves the resolution up when you select a USB device until you tell it to.

Do any of the more recent large USB flash drives like the 8-16gb ones work?
Kingston Data Traveller G3, Pen Drive, 8192MB (8GB)
Misc info: for reference whether my PS2 has a USB 1.0 port or not, I have a model SCPH-50004 PAL. When I mass copied 8 superfine images onto the pen drive the loading bar stood still a while near the start, I'm unsure whether this is due to the number or quality of the images or the pen drive.

EDIT:
the Freecom 128MB USB Stick ( www.usbstick.com) has problems as well. It starts to save but when it has 1/4 saved GT4 gets stuck and the bar don't go to the end
Happened to me too (with the pen drive I mentioned above), but I waited a bit and it suddenly finished.

MAJOR EDIT:
AstroSnail
When I mass copied 8 images onto the pen drive the loading bar stood a while still at the start, I'm unsure whether this is due to the number or quality of the images or the pen drive.
I had made another mass copy, and found that the loading bar was just further back than normal and processed each image in line only showing total progress, and that it didn't suddenly finish (I was away at that time) but did 1/8th of the bar at a sudden, at a time. This was essentially the same problem outlined by Liquid Li0n,
the Freecom 128MB USB Stick ( www.usbstick.com) has problems as well. It starts to save but when it has 1/4 saved GT4 gets stuck and the bar don't go to the end
except his problem only involved 1 image and he wasn't as patient as me for a result. I hope this clarifies any doubts or issues you may have.

EDIT: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/photo-transfer-is-very-slow.97725/#post-2751342

Last edited:
Back