Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are two possible reasons for PD's silence and inactivity regarding GT6:

a) They are working on something truly magical. Something like a Spec 2.0 update that fixes all of the bugs and all of the hacking vulnerabilities and adds new sounds, new AI, community features, the course editor, a livery editor, a club editor, a race gear editor, all 20+ VGT cars, Seattle, Midfield Raceway, etc. etc...
OK, maybe the update doesn't need to be that massive, but something along the lines of what was done with GT5 (perhaps a little grander).

b) They've abandoned the game entirely.

Now, which one is more likely to be true?
Fortunately, I enjoy the game enough with the content that IS available, that I try not to get too bent out of shape. If PD has ditched GT6, there are still hundreds of unique vehicles that I haven't even touched yet.

aaahh good, the thread has turned into what we all knew it was going to. A complaints thread, nothing makes coming here better than listening to the same people complain about the same crap over and over and over and over and over again in every single thread.

Yea, I know. Those same few people always complaining about others complaints are really tiresome. :rolleyes:

What are clubs useful for?

The mere fact that you asked that question reveals you as just another GT fanboy in here to blindly defend your baby and have no real place discussing the issue at hand. Although, something tells me you'd be one of the loudest complainers had PD decided that your favorite feature of GT wasn't "useful" and decided to just dangle it in front of you like a carrot on the end of a stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Niko-H, Option A. They need to really complete the game for PS3's sake at least and also what they said they will deliver. Anyway Senna content is due around May time, hopefully they get the new sound engine in by then if possible. Today would have been his birthday.

aaahh good, the thread has turned into what we all knew it was going to. A complaints thread, nothing makes coming here better than listening to the same people complain about the same crap over and over and over and over and over again in every single thread.
I don't disagree, I also hear the same complaints over and over.

Trust me, I highly doubt new sounds for GT6 are coming.
I would be disappointed if they don't get the new sound engine in, it is main thing I want improved in the game. It will be a while before there is a GT game with this number of cars. Hopefully they make the breakthrough soon. At least they have worked on it for a few years already.

I would be disappointed if they don't get the new sound engine in, it is main thing I want improved in the game. It will be a while before there is a GT game with this number of cars. Hopefully they make the breakthrough soon. At least they have worked on it for a few years already.

If we get anything from the promised list, I suspect it will be some form of community update and the course maker. We might see a sound update in GT7, maybe (but I doubt it).

If we get anything from the promised list, I suspect it will be some form of community update and the course maker. We might see a sound update in GT7, maybe (but I doubt it).
Until they say they won't be able to deliver it, will keep optimistic until then.

The mere fact that you asked that question reveals you as just another GT fanboy in here to blindly defend your baby and have no real place discussing the issue at hand. Although, something tells me you'd be one of the loudest complainers had PD decided that your favorite feature of GT wasn't "useful" and decided to just dangle it in front of you like a carrot on the end of a stick.
Lol seriously. So much anger from many people. Guys, chill out and relax.
I know what's the point with a club. What I'm saying is, personally, I dont NEED it. Because I have many PSN firends who play GT6 (I have 100 friends and I could have many more if there wasnt a limit, and 75% of them play GT6)
I have always someone to play with. I have very competitive players and non-competitive ones.
Sometimes when I'm discussing in this forum, I feel like I have a different game than some other forumers... because my online experience in GT5 and GT6 has always been good and I don't understand that for some people it has been absolutely terrible.
I have played many games online and mind you GT6/GT5 are easily 2 of the 5 best I've played because its a fair game with clear rules (unlike shooters, for example...)

Lol seriously. So much anger from many people. Guys, chill out and relax.
I know what's the point with a club. What I'm saying is, personally, I dont NEED it. Because I have many PSN firends who play GT6 (I have 100 friends and I could have many more if there wasnt a limit, and 75% of them play GT6)
I have always someone to play with. I have very competitive players and non-competitive ones.
Its almost like we have different games, because my online experience in GT5 and GT6 has always been good and I don't understand that for some people it has been absolutely terrible.
I have played many games online and mind you GT6/GT5 are easily 2 of the 5 best I've played because its a fair game with clear rules (unlike shooters, for example...)
So again because you don't care it doesn't matter.

Until they say they won't be able to deliver it, will keep optimistic until then.
I'm genuinely curious where your optimism comes from.

a) They are working on something truly magical. Something like a Spec 2.0 update that fixes all of the bugs and all of the hacking vulnerabilities and adds new sounds, new AI, community features, the course editor, a livery editor, a club editor, a race gear editor, all 20+ VGT cars, Seattle, Midfield Raceway, etc. etc...
OK, maybe the update doesn't need to be that massive, but something along the lines of what was done with GT5 (perhaps a little grander).

I know you're only proposing it as a posibility, so don't take what I'm going to say personally, but what you describe is what optimists have said since I've been active here in GTP (back then when we were eagerly awaiting E3 just so we could over-analyse a 1:30 trailer of GT5...) and it's always been proven wrong by PD's actions. Time and time again people keep posting things like "Have faith", "It'll be fixed in a later patch", "It'll be implemented in the next GT", "It's just a placeholder", "PD is gonna surprise y'all naysayers", "OMG YOUR NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING QIUT CRITICISING KAZ!", "ALL THE INFIDELS WILL BURN IN FORZA HELL!!!!!", etc.

It's not a matter of blatantly criticising PD without acknowledging their triumphs, but as fans our responsibility, and as customers our right, is to be honest with PD. The GT franchise is going nowhere but to the toilet with the unreasonable optimism some of us, GTP'ers, have and, the decisions Kaz has been taking regarding the structure of the game and the way PD relates to the community.

Last edited:
How about making some of your own threads that are positive then? That's not against the rules and if you're clear with your OP you can keep things positive and on topic. Be proactive instead of reactive, then you won't have to read this stuff.

It is really sad that we, the community, have to create a thread questioning PD's commitment to GT6. But really it is totally justified on our part to do so. I just can't believe that PD won't even make any form of communication with us at all. But this has been said many times before, so I won't go any further.

It just seems like every other thread is full of negativity and skepticism towards PD on the forums now. The joy and excitement for the franchise really seems to be disappearing.

I tend and need to think is B - NO, GT6 is NOT abandoned.

If only by following Japan´s attitude towards work.

If you have time to read I attach a doc on this subject. From page 11 up to 16 on the pdf file.

Attachments

• viewcontent.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Could PD/Sony actually get away with selling a game without advertised features being included during the game's development life? Short of them announcing that they're no longer working on GT6, could they be open to some sort of legal action for false advertising? Because I don't know where the line in the sand is for games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back