Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would at least roll out B-Spec, or some car and track DLC's at least. Thought they were supposed to do that every 2 weeks.

Hey if this is how they want to play, I have no problem selling the game, going out and buying Forza and an X-box One instead. Then I can at least get all my customization features too.

Special features? Which features?

Perhaps those advertised, like clubs?

Matchmaking? How can you possible measure the skill level of each driver?

With a ranking system? A points system similar to trueskill? Many, many ways. None of them perfect, but all work to a degree. None of that gets away from the fact matchmaking was advertised with GT5 and GT6, it's still not here.

Create race series? Do it manually.

Cop out. The option is still missing. Most people don't have time to find organised leagues in forums.

Shuffle racing? Ok, theres no shuffle racing, but you have a ton of other options.

Like what? You can create a race with practice and qualifying. You can do a time trial. What else?

You can see the PP limits and rules of each room before entering.

Yes, and what if you don't have a car to suit any of them?

The problem with Polyphony is that they're extremely unpredictable when it comes to dates. Gran Turismo 6 is probably the only game in the series to not have a delay for its release date (correct me if I'm wrong) but that's not a good thing. I disagree that Gran Turismo 5 and 6 are unfinished, I think it's just that PD promises a lot of crap to come in their game like the 1000+ detailed cars goal for example. However, they know even doing one car is really time-consuming and would be extremely difficult to achieve that goal in five-six years with "premium" quality. Also the course maker, which they promised for the "February update" they're probably trying to make it better than GT6 which is great, but it's the middle of March and even that Spanish track PD promised to give us is not here! Can't they at least say: "Sorry, the course maker was supposed to be released at a later date" instead of making the Gran Turismo community get in a fit of rage?

Ive played GT since the first one, preordered every one of them. Im no kid. They were all great prior to GT5 when they started lieing to us and changeing things constantly. When i buy a game , the one thing i expect is that the gameplay is consistent. PD hasnt been able to do this for the last 2 games for some reason. Their phyics is the 1 thing that should
NOT be changed over and over.

At this point in the series if you cant agree with my comments something must be wrong with you or you are a paid PD troll.

Im not here to argue with anyone... its pointless. I just dont understand how people can defend PD's actions. If you advertise that certain things will be in the game prior to release and the are not in the game 3+ months after release , something is wrong with the way things are run.

Did they say that we will be getting DL content monthly??? correct me if im wrong. Seems like all we get is updates.....

By the looks of the voting , im glad to see there are plenty of people as disappointed i am.

In a previous post i made a statement that i could have made the series, specifically GT5 and GT6, an additional 200 mil. This could have easily been achieved if PD hired more people to specifically create new cars. I personally would have paid $1-$3 per race car and would have purchased them if they were for sale as downloads. More GT3 cars, some GT4, GT2, modern LMP cars, modern exotic street cars, Australian touring cars, and anything else that people wanted or requested. I believe PD is seriously lacking in the employee department.

Track creator and the ability to buy new tracks would be great also.

Last edited:
Perhaps those advertised, like clubs?
What are clubs useful for?
With a ranking system? A points system similar to trueskill? Many, many ways. None of them perfect, but all work to a degree. None of that gets away from the fact matchmaking was advertised with GT5 and GT6, it's still not here.
Well, who cares anyway... i dont get why players should be divided by their skill level.
Cop out. The option is still missing. Most people don't have time to find organised leagues in forums.
I think its not a good excuse. It takes almost no time to search a little bit.
Like what? You can create a race with practice and qualifying. You can do a time trial. What else?
You can do one-makes and cap by country and maker, pp, power and weight. What else do you want? You can create infinite combinations.
Yes, and what if you don't have a car to suit any of them?
Then you get money and buy more cars.

Gt6 is a step backwards from GT5 and I definitely won't buy GT7 unless it is a huge improvement over previous games and it has better SOUND. I'm pretty disappointed by GT6, I should have known when I went to pick up my preorder copy from gamestop a few hours after the store opened and I was the first one to buy a copy, they hadn't even taken them out of the back room yet.

Well, who cares anyway... i dont get why players should be divided by their skill level.

You can do one-makes and cap by country and maker, pp, power and weight. What else do you want? You can create infinite combinations.

Anyone who doesn't understand or care about matchmaking, clubs, online sort options etc. really has no place in a discussion about online racing. You are entitled to voice an opinion of course, even on subjects of which you have no knowledge.

Do I really have to explain that? Seriously? Maybe if I called them racing teams you'd better understand.

So if you don't care nobody cares and it doesn't matter? Right.

It's not an excuse, it's a simple fact that not everyone has time to find something in forums. It certainly doesn't take "almost no time".

How about set PP lobbies, always available? How about being able to create championships? There is a lot more you can do with a racing game online mode. You obviously haven't played any except GT5 and GT6 if you think it offers everything you could want.

Gee why didn't I think of that? I'm talking about the fact rooms can have any number of PP and other restrictions, one might be 520PP, one might be 550PP, one might be 535PP? How am I meant to have a car ready for all of those rooms?

Clubs are racing leagues. Formula One, V8 Supercars, BTCC, NASCAR, Indycar are all racing clubs/racing leagues. They make a government for their particular racing events and it keeps it organized (rules and other things). It also makes it exclusive to only certain people instead of everyone (NASCAR license for NASCAR, FIA Super Licence for F1). It's the same for gaming (like a clan in fps games). So clubs are useful.

I'm very surprised that there is seemingly no way to get any kind of answers out of PD, regarding what the situation is. If there are problems and things have been delayed, even massively, I don't see why they wouldn't come out and just say so. What's there to be scared of ? I don't get it. Just say, "Sorry, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. Sucks I know, but we'd rather it be right, than broken and it's taking longer than we first estimated."

If people blow up over a statement like that, then that's their problem surely. There's no need to be so entitled, especially if the company you bought the game from is making the effort to finish what was advertised. I recall GT5 taking AGES to get good ( spec2? ). How many months did that take ? If it's going to take as long again, it should really be ok with everyone, as long as we know that the things you advertised on the box and the official website, before many of us fronted up pre-order money, are going to end up in the game at some point.

Problem that I see is, that internet rumor is taking over any kind of official news and that is going to create a whole mess for PD to have to deny/confirm. The silence is a little disturbing, because it makes things look REALLY bad, to everyone as a whole. No need to be detailed about the ins and outs of any problems. They're the devs, they know whats wrong and how it can be fixed, there's no need for any of us to be privy to that information. Just a simple confirmation that the game is still going ahead as planned, either sooner or later. Good or bad news, it's better than nothing at all.

Most of us are getting itchy feet it seems and i, for one, couldn't blame any of them for starting to buy into unsubstantiated rumor eventually, because that's all they have to go on, PD !

I'm very surprised that there is seemingly no way to get any kind of answers out of PD, regarding what the situation is. If there are problems and things have been delayed, even massively, I don't see why they wouldn't come out and just say so. What's there to be scared of ? I don't get it. Just say, "Sorry, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. Sucks I know, but we'd rather it be right, than broken and it's taking longer than we first estimated."

Perhaps PD does not recognize a problem?

Yeah, it sounds absurd to anyone that has played the game and if you need a good laugh just visit their Facebook page. But I sometimes question their grasp on reality.

Nope. It offers so much. Maybe you guys just dont like the racing games much? People who do, like me, can have endless hours of fun by doing online races with other people. It works well. I play almost everyday.

Don't like racing games hmm is that why 90% of the games on my shelf consist of some sort of racing you obviously haven't played many RACING games as you think gt6 is that good when it clearly is not until its FIXED it won't be going back in my ps3 that's for sure and if and when it does get fixed I probably won't return ill stick to dtm,rfactor and assetto corsa

@NixxxoN this guy is clueless wake up you must be still in the last century as you clearly don't have a bad thing to say about gt6 when I bet at least 80% of gtplanet members know this game is unfinished and probably never will be

Last edited by a moderator:
@NixxxoN this guy is clueless wake up you must be still in the last century as you clearly don't have a bad thing to say about gt6 when I bet at least 80% of gtplanet members know this game is unfinished and probably never will be

It's not just that it's unfinished, the game plain sucks. It offers nothing different from GT5 apart from a few new cars and tracks. They could have added this stuff as DLC in GT5. I think I am going to give it another month and if no new content, I'm selling it.

Last edited:
Tough to say. All I know is they missed a perfect opportunity to showcase some Senna content. Or at least tease us with something to tide us over for a few weeks.

Anyone who doesn't understand or care about matchmaking, clubs, online sort options etc. really has no place in a discussion about online racing. You are entitled to voice an opinion of course, even on subjects of which you have no knowledge.
I understand about all of it. I dont think they are absolutely necessary. When I want to play friendly with non-competitive people, I know where I need to go. When I want to play competitive, I know where I need to go. Thanks to the PSN ID friends thing. Maybe people want the game to do everything for them... even drive the car
Do I really have to explain that? Seriously? Maybe if I called them racing teams you'd better understand.
So if you don't care nobody cares and it doesn't matter? Right.
It's not an excuse, it's a simple fact that not everyone has time to find something in forums. It certainly doesn't take "almost no time".
How about set PP lobbies, always available? How about being able to create championships? There is a lot more you can do with a racing game online mode. You obviously haven't played any except GT5 and GT6 if you think it offers everything you could want.
Gee why didn't I think of that? I'm talking about the fact rooms can have any number of PP and other restrictions, one might be 520PP, one might be 550PP, one might be 535PP? How am I meant to have a car ready for all of those rooms?
Search a bit for GT forums that organize leagues and events, and add people to PSN ID as friends so you could meet together and race what you want. I have no problems finding what I want.
Don't like racing games hmm is that why 90% of the games on my shelf consist of some sort of racing you obviously haven't played many RACING games as you think gt6 is that good when it clearly is not until its FIXED it won't be going back in my ps3 that's for sure and if and when it does get fixed I probably won't return ill stick to dtm,rfactor and assetto corsa
Good bye.

Read your back box and you will see " Create your own clubs and thrilling 16 players races " we are not able to do this so the game is unfinished !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My box only mentions cars, tracks, Vision GT, and online events with web enabled devices, either way hope that content comes soon.

It's not just that it's unfinished, the game plain sucks. It offers nothing different from GT5 apart from a few new cars and tracks. They could have added this stuff as DLC in GT5. I think I am going to give it another month and if no new content, I'm selling it.

Tell @NixxxoN that he thinks its the best game ever so it seems

I understand about all of it. I dont think they are absolutely necessary. When I want to play friendly with non-competitive people, I know where I need to go. When I want to play competitive, I know where I need to go. Thanks to the PSN ID friends thing. Maybe people want the game to do everything for them... even drive the car

Search a bit for GT forums that organize leagues and events, and add people to PSN ID as friends so you could meet together and race what you want. I have no problems finding what I want.

Good bye.
Bye bye no brains ohh and wake up.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you're right, because I want the advanced online features they teased us with for months I want the car to drive for me. Very intelligent response.

I never said its the best game ever. Learn to read

Have I disrespected you?

No it would take an awfull lot to be disrespected by someone who thinks gt6 is awesome as you think it is every post you have on here you don't have a bad thing to say about the game you don't have a clue

Yes, you're right, because I want the advanced online features they teased us with for months I want the car to drive for me. Very intelligent response.
It has been mentioned that they are future updates. Did they lie?
No it would take an awfull lot to be disrespected by someone who thinks gt6 is awesome as you think it is every post you have on here you don't have a bad thing to say about the game you don't have a clue
So I have to hate GT6 to death, otherwise I dont have a clue... sounds good... No.

It has been mentioned that they are future updates. Did they lie?

So I have to hate GT6 to death, otherwise I dont have a clue... sounds good... No.
Changing the subject isn't going to do you any favours. The fact is the features are not here and GT6 online is archaic and bare bones at best at this point. If anyone is left playing online if and when they release those features I'll re-evaluate..

Hi

I tend to think Sony is putting pressure on PD to get something ready for ps4 & aren't interested in the old ps3. From Sony's point of view ps3 is the past.

At least before the internet became so important at least the games had to be complete before they came out.

Paul

pb5
Hi

I tend to think Sony is putting pressure on PD to get something ready for ps4 & aren't interested in the old ps3.

At least before the internet became so important at least the games had to be complete before they came out.

Paul

Then I feel they should tell us that and return our money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back