Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
I can see Lagnua Seca not making an actual DLC appearance until January. I know that's going to tick some people off, especially after seeing it this weekend, but I'd be surprised if it was ready to be deployed with the next update.

I'm hoping for the December update. It would only be 4 weeks from World Finals to full release. I think someone said Spa was 6 weeks between World Tour event to release. But I also don't recall seeing as much promotion from PD for Spa as we're seeing for Laguna Seca. Or, maybe I just wasn't looking for promotions after hearing that Spa was coming? I just feel like PD wants to get LS out to the fans & get it into daily race rotation.

Can we get back to talking about Laguna Seca in the Laguna Seca thread?
In all fairness, what's there to discuss? We know we're getting it, and we know what it entails. I think people are already over the hype of knowing that it's coming and have moved on to the usual "what's next?" discussion.

I see your point though. That could be its own thread and this one could be used just to be nostalgic with the track. Post things you like about Laguna Seca or old races you had, etc.

In all fairness, what's there to discuss? We know we're getting it, and we know what it entails. I think people are already over the hype of knowing that it's coming and have moved on to the usual "what's next?" discussion.

I see your point though. That could be its own thread and this one could be used just to be nostalgic with the track. Post things you like about Laguna Seca or old races you had, etc.
It is certainly not the thread to discuss the Lewis Hamilton time trial DLC.

Judging by the live footage, there's still some work to do on the track. For example, a newly built glass fascia structure on the right side of the main straight where the tower used to be is currently missing.

I mentioned, that PZ is going to be an advantage, to anyone with a 0.5 second penalty and a decent gap. Just park your car on the inside line.

Next, getting punted at the corkscrew, won't be any different than getting punted at the dipper in Mount Panorama.

@GTPNewsWire
"Laguna Seca Raceway coming to Gran Turismo Sport on November 28th, 2019

Tucked away in one of the most picturesque regions of America’s west coast, Laguna Seca Raceway is located about 190 km south of San Francisco in the state of California. The historic track was founded officially in 1957, but its roots are firmly embedded in the Pebble Beach Road Races that began in 1950. It has hosted everything from IndyCar races to the World Superbike Championships, and features the most famous S-curve in the world: the Corkscrew."

The memories...

Last edited:
So what do we think? Jag and Lambo VGTs, maybe GR Supra GT4(that's if we're only getting the N24 livery next month) and possibly one more car, plus track.

We have had updates with no cars, to give PDI "a break". We've also had updates with only one car.

EDIT: Well, it's not the first time they give us two real world tracks in a row:

Fuji - Catalunya
Autopolis - Goodwood
In 2018, PD actually gave us 3 real tracks in a row: Red Bull Ring (August), Fuji (September) and Catalunya (early November).

Only confirmed things now in the 28th update are:
- LH time trial
- Laguna Seca
- Jaguar VGT
Spa Circuit Experience and a few more GT League Events (probably 7) are also pretty much guaranteed, although not officially announced yet. I'd also say there is a good chance we'll get some Laguna Seca Scapes. But I'm not so sure the Lambo VGT and Supra Gr.4 will come this month, probably not.

Nice to see Laguna Seca happening so soon - didn't really expect that so shortly after Spa.

Car-wise I'm not sure what to expect. PD might have decided to emphasise the VGT project this month, but there's still hope for production cars as Kaz has sometimes posted silhouette teasers on weekend days. Fingers crossed there'll be something for everyone.

Judging by the live footage, there's still some work to do on the track. For example, a newly built glass fascia structure on the right side of the main straight where the tower used to be is currently missing.

On a second thought, that missing structure I talked about may have been a temporary setup for IndyCar. Nevermind I guess. :)

This test with Viper was so hard for me back in GT2 days. Memories:cheers:
What's really cool is, now we can add to the growing list of cars from GT1 & GT2. Brings the Audi TT(not the 1.8 though), Camaro, Challenger, Beat, S2000, Lancias, Mini/MINI, R34, Clio V6, TVR. Add in the three Shelby cars(Cobra, Cobra Coupe, GT350) and Ford GT40. More nostalgia for players. ;)
EKAsYKmUYAAgfbA

EKAsdnQU4AATJvY

Back