Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
It's beyond me how some people in this thread are saying Laguna Seca is average. I'm not disrespecting that opinion, but I simply don't understand it. The track is like Brands Hatch baked in the oven for 30 minutes and then topped off with some Nordschleife seasoning. What's not to like?
Personally I think it's the Corkscrew surrounded by a load of slow-mid speed individual corners that are separated by short straights. I wouldn't even say it was average!

I'm not disputing it's fame and that alone is enough to put it in the game but it's only redeeming feature is one corner. Without the Corkscrew nobody would pay it any attention in my opinion, the rest of it is just a dull, unimaginative road in the desert

*puts tin hat on*

Last edited:
Personally I think it's the Corkscrew surrounded by a load of slow-mid speed individual corners that are separated by short straights. I wouldn't even say it was average!

I'm not disputing it's fame and that alone is enough to put it in the game but it's only redeeming feature is one corner. Without the Corkscrew nobody would pay it any attention in my opinion, the rest of it is just a dull, unimaginative road in the desert

*puts tin hat on*
Laguna Seca > "the other track with 1 famous corner"

wait, I haven't even got to try SPA (busy) and you guys are telling me there is chance another favourite track is gonna make it in before I start complaining about free stuff? :D outrageous :D no seriously if thats true thats great!

Let's not go there! Not even a debate

Spa has a famous corner but the other four-odd miles of it are still a stunning, super fast, highly challenging race track. The Corkscrew is a colourful anomaly amongst an overwhelming beige landscape and it's as if they didn't join up the track correctly on the first time of asking so had to get from point A to point B down a hill

Let's not go there! Not even a debate

Spa has a famous corner but the other four-odd miles of it are still a stunning, super fast, highly challenging race track. The Corkscrew is a colourful anomaly amongst the overwhelming beige landscape and it's as if they didn't join up the track correctly on the first time of asking so had to get from point A to point B down a hill
Yep, after those two corners it's only matter of taste :cheers: :) . I like Laguna Seca much better, to me it's a better track :) .

OMG...
Flat =/= boring
Silverstone is awesome, it's so technical, it has so many great corners and the newest section allows so much wheel to wheel racing, its fantastic.
Most of Silverstone is good, but the turn 3 to 5 that is an hairpin turn is unnecessary and ruins the circuit as a whole. Old layout is better.

IMHO before this thread becomes off topic.

Most of Silverstone is good, but the turn 3 to 5 that is an hairpin turn is unnecessary and ruins the circuit as a whole. Old layout is better.

IMHO before this thread becomes off topic.
Disagee, new part is awesome and it allows for great wheel to wheel racing and overtaking opportunities. Not saying old one was bad, but it was not as good

Disagee, new part is awesome and it allows for great wheel to wheel racing and overtaking opportunities. Not saying old one was bad, but it was not as good

Totally disagree, the older version from the early 90s to 2009 was a lot better in my opinion, Bridge corner was epic in any sort of car, Farm/Village etc on the new track, while fast lack the character of the old layout imo. Doesn't help that everything has been pushed back with acres of tarmac run off everywhere, Silverstone is still a great track, just not as good as it used to be.

Laguna has more than the corkscrew. I really like the hill running up to the corkscrew, with turn 5 at the bottom being faster than it looks, and turn 6 halfway up you need to know your car well to maximise the exit speed and carry as much speed up the hill before braking hard and late, right where the road gets bumpy before heading into the corkscrew.

There's a lot that can go wrong in that middle section, and the circuit isn't even that long, and the midspeed corners work well with older cars.

Totally disagree, the older version from the early 90s to 2009 was a lot better in my opinion, Bridge corner was epic in any sort of car, Farm/Village etc on the new track, while fast lack the character of the old layout imo. Doesn't help that everything has been pushed back with acres of tarmac run off everywhere, Silverstone is still a great track, just not as good as it used to be.
Surely that section was good to drive alone but you couldn't have wheel to wheel or overtake.

Laguna has more than the corkscrew. I really like the hill running up to the corkscrew, with turn 5 at the bottom being faster than it looks, and turn 6 halfway up you need to know your car well to maximise the exit speed and carry as much speed up the hill before braking hard and late, right where the road gets bumpy before heading into the corkscrew.

There's a lot that can go wrong in that middle section, and the circuit isn't even that long, and the midspeed corners work well with older cars.

Yep, in video game terms the corkscrew was a novelty in the early GT games but it's not why I still love the track, it's the mix of some slow corners and sweeping corners that can make or break your race, no matter how well you know the track, it's still a challenge to string them all together.

Last edited:
Or maybe they genuinely don't like it? I think the first time I drove the track (in a game of course) was in GRID and I hated it. Never knew about its prestige at the time so being contrarian to the popular don't fly. Majority of the tracks with the unfortunate fate of being F1 compatible suck. Bunch of glorified parking lots.

Blanchimont and Pouhon would like a word.
I'm sure about that but I think a famous corner such as Eau Rouge easily overshadows any other corner on the track. The same thing truth to other tracks so an average "autosport fan" says (even without knowing their names) Laguna Seca = "the track with the tricky corner down", Spa = "the track with the tricky corner up", Circuit de la Sarthe = "the track with the very long straight", Monaco = "the track with the tunnel"...
imho :)

Or maybe they genuinely don't like it? I think the first time I drove the track (in a game of course) was in GRID and I hated it. Never knew about its prestige at the time so being contrarian to the popular don't fly. Majority of the tracks with the unfortunate fate of being F1 compatible suck. Bunch of glorified parking lots.
Ok but then what do they or you like? Baku? Yas Marina? Sochi? Paul Ricard? Most tracks in the world are just open flat spaces with some right/left handers, enjoyable as much as being kicked in the butt.

Latest Posts

Back