Have a lot of you moved on now to a better sim?

  • Thread starter Thread starter poe64
  • 153 comments
  • 13,197 views
paskowitz
Pretty much it goes like this. GT5 is great if you like to drive RWD street cars between 200-600hp on tracks like Nurb, Spa and Le Mons. FM4 if you like a great car selection and customization. iRacing and rFactor 2 if you like to drive race cars and race competitively. Richard Burns Rally if you like rally. My solution, play all of them.

Or they create a Richard burns granturforza 5 irracefactor edition 👍
 
Thank you Dmarc for proving my point. I see nothing that shows them bringing Porsche and I bet even the car company couldn't care less. EA will probably keep hold of Porsche for years to come to keep FM and T10 in their pocket so they don't have to worry about the sim market.

Where do I claim "I hate" GT/PD, try to stick to what I write and not over dramatize it. Reading between the lines here in my oppinion is you, once again on another thread defending GT. Funny part is I even say I'm a fan of the series, but don't hold it in such high regard because it doesn't deserve it. Step into the other threads that talk about sim racers and see how much interaction they have with themselves and the fans that's point one. I highly doubt you done that or even commented in them but you could prove me wrong. I'm glad KY is proud of his drivers and keeps us more in the loop on their racing than actual games.

Finally all the points you make here that are supposedly suppose to sway me into believing in GT/PD are items that many games have had and had before GT5 thus only proving yet again that they need to play catch up and are somewhat old hat.

Well only time will tell...btw, what exactly was your point?
I think you focused too much on "hate" ,if it makes you feel better replace hate with dislike or any other word for the way you feel about PD, my point is still the same.
How am I defending GT5?I answered your question. I guess I should put it simple since for some reason your over thinking it and thinking im attacking you ( judging from your response). No, there is nothing anyone can do to convince you to have hope for GT6.
I dont see what the rest of what you said has to do with anything I said so il just leave it at that
 
Well only time will tell...btw, what exactly was your point?

Only time will tell, I think history speaks louder when it comes to Porsche and EA relationship. What was my point on what, because I made quite a few all summing up to the main topic. Not sure what you missed?
I think you focused too much on "hate" ,if it makes you feel better replace hate with dislike or any other word for the way you feel about PD, my point is still the same.
Once again I ask you as I did in my last post where do I ever say I hate or give a notion of hate for GT/PD??? So your point is I should move on, see that shows a lack of accountability, people speak all the time to improve a product and if it were just me then I would keep to myself but it isn’t just me that sees fault with GT5. Sorry but it’s hard to settle when other groups are going out and putting on a better show and at the same time showing fans what they can expect.
How am I defending GT5?I answered your question. I guess I should put it simple since for some reason your over thinking it and thinking im attacking you ( judging from your response). No, there is nothing anyone can do to convince you to have hope for GT6.

How are you defending, well circumstance shows how. You off the bat think I hate GT when in reality I've only given slight criticism toward the game, and one game at that which is GT5. I also say I'm a big fan to GT series (owned 1 and onward even TT) so that obviously shows I can be swayed, guess you didn't hone in on that one. Sure there is, I didn't believe SMS could make games that were on par with real sims after both Shift games. Yet I’m being proven wrong every day with the progress we as fans are being shown.

I dont see what the rest of what you said has to do with anything I said so il just leave it at that

How do you not see that? I mean from the looks of it, you didn't understand a great majority of what I wrote, so I can't be too surprised.
 
I would like to try other PC racing sims but i only have a laptop and i'm not spending a fortune on a gaming PC, if i had the money i definally would tho, i got good memories of playing GTR and the old geoff crammond grand prix games on PC.

As far as other racing series on console go, i keep buying games such as f1 2010,shift,ferrari challenge,dirt etc but nothing keeps me coming back like Gran Turismo does, i have actually just traded a few games in recently and now i'm left with only one racing game GT5 and i'm more than happy with it.
 
I would like to try other PC racing sims but i only have a laptop and i'm not spending a fortune on a gaming PC, if i had the money i definally would tho, i got good memories of playing GTR and the old geoff crammond grand prix games on PC.

As far as other racing series on console go, i keep buying games such as f1 2010,shift,ferrari challenge,dirt etc but nothing keeps me coming back like Gran Turismo does, i have actually just traded a few games in recently and now i'm left with only one racing game GT5 and i'm more than happy with it.

There are people who play iracing on their laptops and some even claim that they've used pcars as well. this notion that you need a super couple thousand dollar PC isn't true. There are many users who don't have have a great or better gaming experience. I think consoles have sold off the idea that the only way to have gaming fun is by buying a mass produced system. When in reality a good PC isn't that much and about the price you'd spend for a game system on it's release year.
 
There are people who play iracing on their laptops and some even claim that they've used pcars as well. this notion that you need a super couple thousand dollar PC isn't true. There are many users who don't have have a great or better gaming experience. I think consoles have sold off the idea that the only way to have gaming fun is by buying a mass produced system. When in reality a good PC isn't that much and about the price you'd spend for a game system on it's release year.

I've already checked if my laptop would run certain games, i think i used canyourunit.com or something like that, and my graphics card fails badly lol

I understand a half decent PC might not be that expensive to some but it's definally out of my price range, would love to invest in one in the future tho if possible because the quality of sim racing games available looks fantastic.
Also i would love to check out the new SimCity game when it's released.
 
Only time will tell, I think history speaks louder when it comes to Porsche and EA relationship. What was my point on what, because I made quite a few all summing up to the main topic. Not sure what you missed?
If "history speaks louder" then gt shouldnt have ferrari and lamborghini.
You said I proved your point meaning your point was you should move on... because that was my point.
Once again I ask you as I did in my last post where do I ever say I hate or give a notion of hate for GT/PD???
The fact that you need someone to show you something that gives you hope in the damn series.... or maybe the fact that you think people who think the game will improve are being optimistic.That truly shows that you like the game yes?If im asking that question, that means I lost faith in the series therefore I dont like it anymore. Get it?
So your point is I should move on, see that shows a lack of accountability, people speak all the time to improve a product and if it were just me then I would keep to myself but it isn’t just me that sees fault with GT5. Sorry but it’s hard to settle when other groups are going out and putting on a better show and at the same time showing fans what they can expect.
Accountability for what ?What does any of this has to with your original point?Dont talk to me about what other people do because I only speak for myself.
How are you defending, well circumstance shows how. You off the bat think I hate GT when in reality I've only given slight criticism toward the game, and one game at that which is GT5. I also say I'm a big fan to GT series (owned 1 and onward even TT) so that obviously shows I can be swayed, guess you didn't hone in on that one. Sure there is, I didn't believe SMS could make games that were on par with real sims after both Shift games. Yet I’m being proven wrong every day with the progress we as fans are being shown.
I criticize the game also so its obviously more that showed me you dont like the game...Saying your a gt fan means nothing to me.I was a TD fan I hate tdu and tdu2 and theres nothing anybody who enjoy the game can say to "sway" me.
" I didn't believe SMS could make games that were on par with real sims after both Shift games. Yet I’m being proven wrong every day with the progress we as fans are being shown."
So basically over time SMS showed you... nobody on a forum tried to sway you right ?

How do you not see that? I mean from the looks of it, you didn't understand a great majority of what I wrote, so I can't be too surprised.
Yea I couldnt understand a "great majority" of what you wrote because of your lack of proper punctuation.
It was obvious your original purpose was to argue with some "gt fanboy". Because you twisted everything I said to make it seem so pro pd and offensive.I basically said nobody can sway you to have hope. Yet somehow you found a way to make an argument out of that haha.If I wouldve actually attempted to sway you wouldve done nothing more than what the norm is on this forum which is argue over differing opinions.
 
Boy are people starting to be phased out by the competition. I don't blame you guys because competition is certainly on the rise and only getting stronger.... which is why I think PD should get done with GT5 soon and move on. They can't move forward if they continue to focus on GT5 and its DLC, game patches, and whatnot.
 
Pretty much it goes like this. GT5 is great if you like to drive RWD street cars between 200-600hp on tracks like Nurb, Spa and Le Mons. FM4 if you like a great car selection and customization. iRacing and rFactor 2 if you like to drive race cars and race competitively. Richard Burns Rally if you like rally. My solution, play all of them.

I totally agree.

I hate this whole thread. What says you have to move on? How can people be so fickle and snobby as to abandon games they once loved because they're currently enjoying something else? I find that really to be stupid. It's just like people who constantly sell or trade in their games, I will NEVER understand it, not at all.

Like you, I think the only solution is to play them all. Of course we don't have time to literally play them all equally, but we all go through phases, and having each of these sims is the best solution.

I gotta say, I disagree with what you said about GT5 being best for RWD cars, etc. I think GT5 is great for everything it has except for maybe the F1s and that's only because it has an improper steering lock (it should only be 360 degrees). You can get used to it, but I don't like the fact that I have to.

For F1, the best simulator would be Ferrari Virtual Academy, but since there's no multiplayer, iracing takes the cake for F1. I love the FW31, and can't wait to buy the Lotus 79, and even more so the Lotus 49
 
Boy are people starting to be phased out by the competition. I don't blame you guys because competition is certainly on the rise and only getting stronger.... which is why I think PD should get done with GT5 soon and move on. They can't move forward if they continue to focus on GT5 and its DLC, game patches, and whatnot.

But DLC is really apart of the development for the next sim. Any cars and tracks they make, or even new features they add will be included into GT6 or whatever so them doing DLC is actually a good thing that won't slow them down at all.

I do think they should not have wasted so much time on the stupid GTA mini game and photo stream. I mean seriously, those things aren't crucial to GT5 GT6 or anything else. That's just bonus stuff.

From now on with GT5, all I really want to see is new tracks and cars, and maybe new features.
 
If "history speaks louder" then gt shouldnt have ferrari and lamborghini.

Really I don't recall Lambo or Ferrari being the same way as Porsche, in fact Ferrari has been known in the recent past to not allow EA the right to their cars. They rather see them in actual race setting. So actually what I have just said shows the opposite. EA has had a Porsche only deal and done many things to protect the exclusive rights to their cars for years. Need I prove more to you so you can move on? Just like PD has a massive Nissan deal, EA has one with Porsche that is more restricted. The only way I see a Porsche in GT6 is a sub-license contract to PD from EA.

You said I proved your point meaning your point was you should move on... because that was my point.

Read that back to yourself and then take a long pause and ask out loud, "does what I (being you) wrote make sense?" In all honesty it doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, my point was that GT fans tend to be optimistic which you indeed proved me right on.

The fact that you need someone to show you something that gives you hope in the damn series.... or maybe the fact that you think people who think the game will improve are being optimistic.That truly shows that you like the game yes?If im asking that question, that means I lost faith in the series therefore I dont like it anymore. Get it?

No, you don't get it. I play the game, but the studio that doesn't give access to the fans and so on is an issue. I'm asking people that are more open minded than yourself (it would seem) and don't see things so black and white. Just because I think GT5 was a step back and give criticism doesn't mean I dislike the series. The way you explain it makes no sense (yet again) and only shows a jumping to conclusions.

Accountability for what ?What does any of this has to with your original point?Dont talk to me about what other people do because I only speak for myself.

You seem to not have much luck understanding me yet again and now you're on some tangent. That's great you speak for yourself but that's not what I was at all trying to say.

I criticize the game also so its obviously more that showed me you dont like the game...Saying your a gt fan means nothing to me.I was a TD fan I hate tdu and tdu2 and theres nothing anybody who enjoy the game can say to "sway" me.
" I didn't believe SMS could make games that were on par with real sims after both Shift games. Yet I’m being proven wrong every day with the progress we as fans are being shown."
So basically over time SMS showed you... nobody on a forum tried to sway you right ?

Uh no, the studio and the ability to actually test their game swayed me along with the fact that they aren't under the thumb of EA. Which is a big reason both shift games weren't all that good. They provide fans with frequent updates Same with T10 and showing people what they were doing to FM4 and eerily do things that people on here keep asking for.

You may very well do what you claim, but the ways you and I go about it are two different styles. I may not like GT5 as much as GT4 or GT2 but doesn't mean I dislike all that is GT as a series which I keep explaining to you.

Yea I couldnt understand a "great majority" of what you wrote because of your lack of proper punctuation.
It was obvious your original purpose was to argue with some "gt fanboy". Because you twisted everything I said to make it seem so pro pd and offensive.I basically said nobody can sway you to have hope. Yet somehow you found a way to make an argument out of that haha.If I wouldve actually attempted to sway you wouldve done nothing more than what the norm is on this forum which is argue over differing opinions.

Uh okay...I've refrained from saying anything about your lack of grammar and spelling ability because it has nothing to do with the topic. Seems like your running out of ammo, also nice contradiction there. You're going to call me out on punctuation when you have a host of writing issues yourself.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

I'm only arguing because of the way you presented it, if you actually think that daft post explained why anyone should have hope in PD/GT6, then any game with those features would be just as good. Furthermore, games with Porsche should thus be a bigger improvement if GT6 doesn't have it from the way you seem to put it. If someone gave me insight into what PD is doing like we get with SMS, T10, CM, SimBin, IRacing and EA to a limited degree that would help many. I never once call you a GT fanboy for many reasons, but you in the end seem to refer yourself to that. I think GT6 has potential to be great, but I also thought the same for GT5 and well you see my take on that already.
 
Last edited:
Really I don't recall Lambo or Ferrari being the same way as Porsche, in fact Ferrari has been known in the recent past to not allow EA the right to their cars. They rather see them in actual race setting. So actually what I have just said shows the opposite. EA has had a Porsche only deal and done many things to protect the exclusive rights to their cars for years. Need I prove more to you so you can move on? Just like PD has a massive Nissan deal, EA has one with Porsche that is more restricted. The only way I see a Porsche in GT6 is a sub-license contract to PD from EA.
Okay I wasnt talking about the intricates of the licenses and or reasonings for ferrari and porsche not being in the game.I was more talking about the bottom line.
Ferrari and Lamborghini Porsche wasnt in previous 4, PD worked out what ever to get Ferrari and Lamborghini in GT5,now that EA doesnt have the rights to Porsche any more (?) maybe work out what ever to get it in GT6.Just a misunderstanding there.


Read that back to yourself and then take a long pause and ask out loud, "does what I (being you) wrote make sense?" In all honesty it doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, my point was that GT fans tend to be optimistic which you indeed proved me right on.

My comment didnt prove your point.Nothing about my comment indicated me being optimistic.


No, you don't get it. I play the game, but the studio that doesn't give access to the fans and so on is an issue. I'm asking people that are more open minded than yourself (it would seem) and don't see things so black and white. Just because I think GT5 was a step back and give criticism doesn't mean I dislike the series. The way you explain it makes no sense (yet again) and only shows a jumping to conclusions.

Once again your focusing on the word " hate" too much.As a matter of fact ,that sentence wasnt even really aimed towards you, it was backing up the sentence before it which itself wanst even continuing with my main point. Like I said already I barely understood you question because you were asking questions with no question marks.


You seem to not have much luck understanding me yet again and now you're on some tangent. That's great you speak for yourself but that's not what I was at all trying to say.
Please evaluate then.


Uh no, the studio and the ability to actually test their game swayed me along with the fact that they aren't under the thumb of EA. Which is a big reason both shift games weren't all that good. They provide fans with frequent updates Same with T10 and showing people what they were doing to FM4 and eerily do things that people on here keep asking for.

You may very well do what you claim, but the ways you and I go about it are two different styles. I may not like GT5 as much as GT4 or GT2 but doesn't mean I dislike all that is GT as a series which I keep explaining to you.
How many games out of thousands release alphas and betas to a small public throughout its development?I can totally understand people wanting PD to be more active with the community, thats a complaint with a whole heap of games.But to me personally its not that big of an issue because developers not communicating much with their fans is the norm now but more and more are starting to.
Yes you keep explaining that to me but I keep telling you that your focusing too much on the word hate. I didnt mean that YOU hate GT when I said " Nobody can make you like a game you hate" that was just generally speaking and being vague because I didnt completely understand your question(s).


Uh okay...I've refrained from saying anything about your lack of grammar and spelling ability because it has nothing to do with the topic. Seems like your running out of ammo, also nice contradiction there. You're going to call me out on punctuation when you have a host of writing issues yourself.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

I'm only arguing because of the way you presented it, if you actually think that daft post explained why anyone should have hope in PD/GT6, then any game with those features would be just as good. Furthermore, games with Porsche should thus be a bigger improvement if GT6 doesn't have it from the way you seem to put it. If someone gave me insight into what PD is doing like we get with SMS, T10, CM, SimBin, IRacing and EA to a limited degree that would help many. I never once call you a GT fanboy for many reasons, but you in the end seem to refer yourself to that. I think GT6 has potential to be great, but I also thought the same for GT5 and well you see my take on that already.
Well spell check says my spelling ability is quite good :).Running out of ammo ? for what ? Im simply replying to a comment, how can I run out of things to say?Anyway.
That "daft post " wasnt suppose to explain why anyone should have hope.... It was to explain that if you need to find hope for it then you shouldnt have hope for it.I dont need to have hope.If GT6 is anything like the previous GTs I dont need hope because I already know what im going to get.
 
Last edited:
Seems like a lot are moving over to PC based sims.
PCars looks and drives really good now and new tracks are coming all the time.

I can't seem to spend more than a few mins with GT5 anymore. Seems stagnant.
I like to try out any cars I read about in mags with GT5 but what a waste of a great sim.

Lack of real tracks is the main problem. :)

I love GT5 but I just spent $900 on a computer to play iRacing.
It's been 3 days, and while I am enjoying it, the learning curve has been steep.

I am playing GT5 less now that I have a new 'toy' to mess about with. But I really hope that iRacing will make me not only a better driver, but a better driver in GT5, for GT Academy as well as the time trials.

iRacing really has shown me how non-sim that GT5 "The Real Driving Simulator" is.

Gotta love the car selection though:dopey:, and Nuerburgring :sly::sly:

It's too early to tell how long I will stick with iRacing, but I do feel like I gotta get my time and money spent out of my new home-built computer.
 
Actually yes. I bought a laptop that's good enough for gaming and I've been enjoying the Race 07 series by SimBin quite a lot (Not amazing graphics but definitely immersive and hard!!!). I've also got pCARS but I haven't managed to set it up correctly so far. Also, I'm considering iRacing once I get more practice.

I'm thinking of selling my PS3 so I can upgrade to a Fanatec CSW when it releases, but I'll always remember the game that was my first step into sim-racing.
 
Dmarc could you go back and quote your post correctly, you copied and pasted my writing but didn't quote it out from yours.

EDIT:
Okay I wasnt talking about the intricates of the licenses and or reasonings for ferrari and porsche not being in the game.I was more talking about the bottom line.
Ferrari and Lamborghini Porsche wasnt in previous 4, PD worked out what ever to get Ferrari and Lamborghini in GT5,now that EA doesnt have the rights to Porsche any more (?) maybe work out what ever to get it in GT6.Just a misunderstanding there.

The problem is you're wrong, EA has the rights to Porsche still; no one knows when that contract will end. The only one that was right was the Pagani one which PCars has for their games. I know you weren’t per say but those detailed portions explain exactly why it took PD so long as well as why PD wont get Porsche. Unless they do what was explained which is what FM did.

My comment didnt prove your point.Nothing about my comment indicated me being optimistic.

This I can gladly say you are 100% right and I'm wrong now that you've explained it. Rather you are just misinformed on the Porsche deal.
 
Sorry about that I hit enter by mistake.
The problem is you're wrong, EA has the rights to Porsche still; no one knows when that contract will end. The only one that was right was the Pagani one which PCars has for their games. I know you weren’t per say but those detailed portions explain exactly why it took PD so long as well as why PD wont get Porsche. Unless they do what was explained which is what FM did.
Well hopefully they can work out what ever to get it in GT6 :sly:
 
Last edited:
I doubt they will, just edit your first post and ask them to delete them.
 
Dmarc_Atl
Same with T10 and showing people what they were doing to FM4 and eerily do things that people on here keep asking for.

this sentiment is cropping up with surprising regularity lately, and it's reminding me of an old joke:

How many GT fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Just one: they hold it up, and the world revolves around them.

Racing games all share some pretty common ground. Requests for certain features from GT fans are hardly unique requests.
 
Slipz he didn't type that he just didn't quote me correctly and hit enter too fast. So blame me not him. Though I tend to think you'd agree with my general idea of what I wrote.
 
I have bought FM4 for my 360 (yes I have one too). I am not sure if it is any better because all the flame has been depleted over long lasted gaming with GT5. For sure, due mostly to the luck of interest it has been a waste of bucks.
 
I'm going to be playing the upcoming NFS: Most Wanted, new trailer is out today.

It is arcade-ish, fantasy, but I had a very good time playing that game a few years ago. (they are making a remake)

way better than the underground series of NFS titles, actually had a better time than Shift series too.

outrunning a pack of cops, with the damage modeling, is a lot of fun, and they have beautiful p2p/open scenic routes .

Mind you, it still is GT5 / Academy / GT6 forever.
 
Seems like a lot are moving over to PC based sims.
PCars looks and drives really good now and new tracks are coming all the time.

I can't seem to spend more than a few mins with GT5 anymore. Seems stagnant.
I like to try out any cars I read about in mags with GT5 but what a waste of a great sim.

Lack of real tracks is the main problem. :)

Yes Forza hands down.
 
I have bought FM4 for my 360 (yes I have one too). I am not sure if it is any better because all the flame has been depleted over long lasted gaming with GT5. For sure, due mostly to the luck of interest it has been a waste of bucks.

Actually i'm thinking of doing the same, i'm desperate to have tight racing with a worthy AI and those original gems of cars they have that actually sound good (and still release regularly as DLC).

I got all the cars now in GT, and all it is good for now, is the time trial format.. i'm so disappointed with the lameness of the race format, and the refusal of PD to actually do something about it.

Don't get out of your post why you say it's a waste of bucks. The points i mentioned are a huge improvement over GT no? So should i buy a second hand Xbox 360 and FM4?
 
Haven't moved on to a "better" sim per se, but lately I often go back to NFS Shift (the first version). Some days I can't stand Shift's laggy inputs, but at least the cars sound like they should (not just the engine, but all the other effects too) and feel fast - I may get frustrated in Shift, but never bored. Even in GT5 while I was primarily driving race cars with RS tires, I didn't get bored that often... The problem is as I started pursuing "realism" in GT5 by turning off ABS and using weaker tire compounds, that exacerbated two big problems, namely the lack of speed sensation and the unconvincing audio. This is what really drives me crazy about GT5, even more than the lame AI and the repetitive Seasonal events. In a good sim, the experience of a sub 7-minute lap on the Nordschleife should be terrifying. Even getting your car to 120mph or more should be somewhat scary. To get that kind of experience in GT5 almost requires driving the FGT or a Group C / LMP car all the time, but then you know you're nowhere near realistic lap times (the FGT will still do Nordschleife in under 5 minutes with Comfort Hard tires on).
 
Gran Turismo has never really been a (Simulator) The Physics are very realistic, but sounds, gear changes, movements, steering, tyre grip, off-track really are not that real at all. Its a good Racing Game, And thats what it always has been since GT1. A game that is reasonbly playable by everyone... thats why is sells well,... very very very well.
 
Give me Rauh-Welts, Ruf's, Singer's, dp Motorsport, TechArt, Gemballa, and the mother Porsche and its racing lineage from early 911's on....that to 917's, 956, 962's etc...put it in GT5 with the physics, be a loyal and happy camper. I'm sorry but something about 911's that entice me. Ferraris, Lambo's, GTR's maybe your thing, that's my car ever since my dad had a 1980 Carrera SC and would take me into the mountains of Colorado with it and up Pike's Peak (not the race) a few times.

As far as GT5 is concerned, the physics alone are enough to not make it feel like a second job. But not cheesy as Shift 2 where it feels like you're drifting all over the place. That comes from someone who started on GT (1) on up and played GTR, GTR2, GTR EVO, Race On rFactor, etc. I also occasionally take a spin at the local enthusiast tracks nearby Driveway and Harris Hill.

God I wish I was younger at times as I wished for a lot of what they have now in racing sim titles. And the ability to prove some skills to possibly have a career in racing...swear I was born too early sometimes.

Not enough time for most games and GT5 is what I can do with a gorgeous wife, 2 kids, full time job, and side projects. I'm not 20 and single anymore, I'm a 38yr old professional with a full schedule. GT5 is all I can squeeze in, that and a side of ArmA 2 occasionally.
 
Last edited:
Gran Turismo has never really been a (Simulator) The Physics are very realistic, but sounds, gear changes, movements, steering, tyre grip, off-track really are not that real at all. Its a good Racing Game, And thats what it always has been since GT1. A game that is reasonbly playable by everyone... thats why is sells well,... very very very well.

I know that's why some people think it's not a sim, but I find that ridiculous.

maybe it's because I'm more of a sim driver than a sim racer. To me, the most important thing in a sim is the driving experience, racing is secondary. A lot of people are more into the racing aspect, and obviously those things are more important like damage if you're racing.
 
Actually i'm thinking of doing the same, i'm desperate to have tight racing with a worthy AI and those original gems of cars they have that actually sound good (and still release regularly as DLC).

I got all the cars now in GT, and all it is good for now, is the time trial format.. i'm so disappointed with the lameness of the race format, and the refusal of PD to actually do something about it.

Don't get out of your post why you say it's a waste of bucks. The points i mentioned are a huge improvement over GT no? So should i buy a second hand Xbox 360 and FM4?

Yes, I know and you are correct. I meant that I already have a 360 as well with FM4, but the flame has gone out after playing GT5 for that long. Also, when I get that urge to play some racing, I prefer GT5 to FM4 because it the first feels far more familiar than the later. I cannot tell for sure if I find FM4 better than GT5, but for sure it will nor revive that thing that GT5 had sparked.
I find both my PS3 and 360 just sitting there collecting dust. :)
 
Yes I moved on to PC sims. GT5 was good for the first year but then I lost complete interest. What made me lose interest is the lack of races. Also the ammount of times I had to repeat races to get to level 40 drove the final nail home. I would have loved to have races up to level 80.
 
Back