Have a lot of you moved on now to a better sim?

  • Thread starter Thread starter poe64
  • 153 comments
  • 13,197 views
Forza 4 has taken my time by storm.
 
georgetigra
My friend the threat called
"Have a lot of you moved on now to a better sim? "

Forza 4 is a sim last time I played it.
 
Currently playing a lot of Project CARS (have been since public registration was available, I was one of the first people on board with it), iRacing, and Forza 4. Haven't touched Gran Turismo 5 in a long time.

Most of my time is in Forza 4 because of all of the incredible DLC the game keeps getting.

Forza 4 is a sim last time I played it.

It's a better, and more complete sim then GT5 as well.
 
For god sake, please don't start again guys.. Stay on topic and grow up a little.
 
DaveS1138
So long as you only want to race on tarmac.....only in the day....only in the dry.....only in short races....

Only in cockpit. Ha ha.
 
For god sake, please don't start again guys.. Stay on topic and grow up a little.

If you think a thread is going off in the wrong direction, you're better off reporting to a real moderator. And I don't see how discussing what sims you think are/aren't better is off topic.
 
GT5's lack of one very important thing called a tire model is what's keeping me away.
Sticking with Forza 4 and PC sims for the moment.
 
There really isn't another sim like GT5 for the ps3, but personally, I'm interested more interested now in Forza 4 and Forza Horizon. Don't get me wrong though, gt5 is a great sim, but I've really grown to love the customizability on FM. Once in a while, I'd probably go on gt5 rather than FM because of the wheel support that gt5 has over fm.
 
Have a lot of you moved on now to a better sim?

No, i still stay in PC, sometimes i have fun in consoles.
 
Have a lot of you moved on now to a better sim?

Yes, now I am into Flight Simulator X on my PC :)
 
So long as you only want to race on tarmac.....only in the day....only in the dry.....only in short races....

If you want too cusomize, paint, drive Premium Porsches and Rufs, FXX, 599XX, F40LM, F50GT, Reventon, Sesto Elemento,Cinque, Veyron SS, Point to Point, Rivals, with a supersmooth framerate. Yes i would:)
 
PC or PC Gaming is fun but its dying, unfortunately.
With the ammount of "my cpu is not fast enough" comments, its quite obvious.
You dont get that ammount of diversity on PC these days compared to what GT5 offers.
Sure the physics are still odd in GT5 but i've seen worst.
I agree that we need a serious track pack tho.

I disagree with PC gaming dying - e3 had a zillion titles that are coming to PC :)
 
PC or PC Gaming is fun but its dying, unfortunately.
With the ammount of "my cpu is not fast enough" comments, its quite obvious.
You dont get that ammount of diversity on PC these days compared to what GT5 offers.
Sure the physics are still odd in GT5 but i've seen worst.
I agree that we need a serious track pack tho.

just lol. Racing sims are only available on the pc, and there aren't plans on one moving to consoles (pcars isn't one by any means as of now). Also rfactor has 20x GT5's diversity and runs in almost any computer.
 
If you make it past your first week or 2 of iRacing I doubt you can ever look at GT5 (much less any other racing game) the same way... all the other games are just that, while iRacing is a full out hobby.


what would bring me back to gt5? ...... for me personally its everything except the driving - the driving in gt5 is exceptional. Its the lack of any actual racing - there is virtually no racing in gt5... don't believe me? well let's say the Ai races don't count because the Ai cars don't race you and they don't race each other either ... if you overtake them ... they fall back, even make a big slip on a corner and loose time.. 90 percent of the time they still don't retake the position - and have you ever seen an Ai car make a proper overtake on another Ai car either? no, because they are just moving pylons in single file..... Now Let's take Online racing - what makes a good online race? - for me the first thing is having a fair race.... how often in the average server do you get everyone with the same car? .... shuffle races are not good enough to provide fair racing, sorry - been there, tried that. So that leaves what? League racing .... how much work is that for the host to get everyone on the same page? ... its got to be like having a part time job running one of these leagues and taking the time to get everyone to tune their cars the same...... my god....

.... it truly is a driving game, in other words... time trials, to find the best players we time trial because the racing just isn't fair...

and lastly the Crashing is just too cartoony .... I don't even care about damage, but when cars collide it should be realistic as far as how they interact and effect eachother in the so called virtual world..... so because of these problems we're left with what? TIME TRIALS .... to determine the best players in GT5 we dont' even race,,, we time trial....... hardly anyone in iRacing even does time trials.... but the races are often full even when there aren't always many people practicing


- dedicated racing servers (ie Battlefield 3 even on PS3 HAS THIS!!! ... so everyone has a fair internet connection and lag free
- realistic collision physics (not cars made of soap bouncing off eachother)
- fair racing (same cars, same power, can only tune handling to fit your style or preference)
- a global ranking structure (saves your stats and races won and safety stats against others and also determines who you should race with of similar skill/talent)

and then (and only then) would I be forced to really wonder if iRacing was worth a monthly fee
 
Last edited:
I checked out some Youtube vids for Project Cars, specifically a 250 Shifter Kart at Bathurst and classic, late 60's F1 cars at Spa. I can't comment on the graphics because my computer isn't great with video but the sound was incredible. If you've ever seen the movie "Grand Prix" with James Garner from the late 60's it has great racing footage in car and the sound in Project Cars is identical to that. Incredible is the best way to describe it. PD is really missing the boat on most cars with the crappy engine sounds. If Project Cars comes to PS3 I'm in for sure for the sound alone!!!
 
Currently playing a lot of Project CARS (have been since public registration was available, I was one of the first people on board with it), iRacing, and Forza 4. Haven't touched Gran Turismo 5 in a long time.

Most of my time is in Forza 4 because of all of the incredible DLC the game keeps getting.



It's a better, and more complete sim then GT5 as well.

In terms of physics, not really. Still lacks good stability.
Other things, depends
 
I'm too loyal to the GT series, been playing since I was a kid with GT1 all the way back in 1998!
 
just lol. Racing sims are only available on the pc, and there aren't plans on one moving to consoles (pcars isn't one by any means as of now). Also rfactor has 20x GT5's diversity and runs in almost any computer.

Explain why pcars isn't, I'm curious.
 
Not yet...But when PCARS comes out next year (2013) i will be.

I can see myself being in this boat as well.. That game looks amazing.
& Thanks for making sure we know what next year is ;) haha
 
Still enjoying GT5, though would have dropped the game along time ago, as IMO A-spec is very bad. For me it is all about online competition, and I race with a great bunch of guys, so that keeps the fun up for me.

I am open minded to new sims, so will try them, Project Cars seem to look pretty good so I will give that ago.
 
Explain why pcars isn't, I'm curious.

have you tried it? it's worse than even gt5.

Thing is it's an alpha and developers are prioritizing content over fine tuning handling, which is the correct approach. Maybe in 2013 it'll be a whole different experience, but right now it's sub par on that aspect.

Also there's no way it'll look like that in consoles, not only because PCs are and always will be superior than them but also due that those screenshots are edited.

What I'm looking forward to is assetto corsa's nordschleife version.
 
Last edited:
While GT5 does a good job as a sim, I still find Forza 4 to be the best simulation racing experience out there on a console.
 
While GT5 does a good job as a sim, I still find Forza 4 to be the best simulation racing experience out there on a console.


Same here. I know many people stated RacePro on X360, and I do have it but I need to give it more time with wheel.
 
If I had enough Money I'd sell my PS3 and GT5 and buy a decent Rig and play PC sims only .
 
Back