Have you won an engine swap yet?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 149 comments

Have you won an engine swap in the roulette?

• Total voters
Question for those who have done a swap; are you finding the cars have a bias toward drifting?

I have put the LS in the Miata and now the Hellcat in the Challenger. Rear wheel spin is PROMINENT (for both). I have my Challenger running 1.3:1 in first, and 1:1 in second... The top three gears are over drives.

Anyone else find the cars a bit drift oriented?
I’ve only done 2 so far - z4 gt3 engine in the M3 and the Wankel in the MX-5 (miata) and the m3 is quite tail happy, but the MX-5 is relatively stable!

Got the Coyote engine last night from a four star ticket. Not the one I wanted the most but still happy to get it.
And a couple of days later, without using the glitch. I got the R26B. Now all I need is a RX-7 to put in it.

Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:
Finally, after months I got my 1st engine the BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2) compatible with the Toyota MR2 GT-S '97.

I was so fricking excited, jumping for joy, then an engine glitch hits, and I am deflated. This game has been an emotional roller coaster.

6kx864.jpeg

Bro just do the glitch, everybody has like 100+ engines now 😂🤷‍♂️

Edit: Just to note, I had never got one before this bug.
Do I have to have done the extra menus before doing this? I have barely played anything single player in ages.

Do I have to have done the extra menus before doing this? I have barely played anything single player in ages.
The extra menus require no racing. They simply require you to own three specific vehicles, which you may already own.

Finally, after months I got my 1st engine the BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2) compatible with the Toyota MR2 GT-S '97.

I was so fricking excited, jumping for joy, then an engine glitch hits, and I am deflated. This game has been an emotional roller coaster.
Why deflated?

All the engines should have been in the tuning menu from the start, and more engines/cars should be available for swapping. I am not sure why they limited it so much.

Having it on an extremely limited roulette took much of the fun out of it. I understand the desire to make it exclusive, but the roulette was a poor way to go about it. It could have just been expensive.

Hopefully they open the option up even more in the future.

Actually, on that note, is the current list definitive? Are we sure those engine and car combinations are all that's available?

Last edited:
I won a 787b engine about a month back. Loved hooning about in a seemingly unique rx7 and sometimes surprising the odd skyline and corvette in lobbies. Then the extra menu book 3 prize wheel I got a lexus gt3 engine for the Toyota crown. Not the one I would have hoped for but its pretty cool and makes a good drift toy.

Then the glitch arrived and at first I was thrilled to be able to aquire these 'unicorn' parts that I felt PD had made over difficult to aquire but they do feel somewhat devalued now. Every lobby is now filled with maxed out swap cars and they just don't feel special anymore.

Last edited:
Why deflated?

All the engines should have been in the tuning menu from the start, and more engines/cars should be available for swapping. I am not sure why they limited it so much.

Having it on an extremely limited roulette took much of the fun out of it. I understand the desire to make it exclusive, but the roulette was a poor way to go about it. It could have just been expensive.

Hopefully they open the option up even more in the future.

Actually, on that note, is the current list definitive? Are we sure those engine and car combinations are all that's available?
An odd design choice, for sure.

Every lobby is now filled with maxed out swap cars and they just don't feel special anymore.
There's nearly 500 cars in the game. These engine swaps really transform some cars, effectively making them a totally different car.

For instance, Miata vs LS swapped Miata.

In a tuned lobby, every car is special. I never felt that my car was not special simply because someone else has one. The tune alone makes it special. The livery makes it special.

There is literally enough personalization options for every person to have a unique version of every car... For this to become "not special" seems a bit extreme.

Of course, the novelty of this shines a light on it that wouldn't be there if it had not been so restricted from the start, but still. I bet no one has a Hellcat Challenger like MY Challenger, unless they grabbed my Style and happen to have the exact same parts and tune on it.

There's nearly 500 cars in the game. These engine swaps really transform some cars, effectively making them a totally different car.

For instance, Miata vs LS swapped Miata.

In a tuned lobby, every car is special. I never felt that my car was not special simply because someone else has one. The tune alone makes it special. The livery makes it special.

There is literally enough personalization options for every person to have a unique version of every car... For this to become "not special" seems a bit extreme.

Of course, the novelty of this shines a light on it that wouldn't be there if it had not been so restricted from the start, but still. I bet no one has a Hellcat Challenger like MY Challenger, unless they grabbed my Style and happen to have the exact same parts and tune on it.
Fair point. I should have said 'quite as special'.

@MatskiMonk

I had the exact same thing happening to me.
Prior to this i only had two engine swaps, SR20DET and VR38DETT.
Then i win a 5.0 Coyote from a 4star ticket and the next day i got that same engine from the 6* ticket.
I was gutted lol. Then i learned PD messed up, and now i'm good engine wise.

p78
Then i learned PD messed up, and now i'm good engine wise.
I'm only really interested in the Z4 engine, I've not spammed the glitch yet but I'm hoping to get one pretty quickly. Not keen on using exploits, but up until now it was beginning to feel like I'd never get the BMW engine.

I do wonder how much it's linked to Collector level, seems like a big coincidence that pretty much the first ticket I get after reaching level 50 was my first engine. Hopefully I'll start getting some better prizes now.

You're too generous, pretty sure there's less than 400 when you count those that are essentially duplicates.
Right now, it says 433, so yes, I am being generous and rounding up. Still, a car with a swapped engine is far more different than something with just a trim or name change.

I got 2 engines prior to menu book glitch; first was Hellcat engine and 2nd was Nismo GT-R engine. Haven't used the GT-R in a swap yet as I’m tempted to drop it in the 300ZX but I know it’s more beneficial in the Lancia.

Last edited:
I love the Z4 GT3 engine in the M3. It's got potential for sure.

Even as a fun mod, it's definitely got my interest. I didn't know which particular M car it would go into, but I'm most pleased that it's for the E46.

VXR
Even as a fun mod, it's definitely got my interest. I didn't know which particular M car it would go into, but I'm most pleased that it's for the E46.
I test drove mine yesterday, very fun and lively. The sound is great too.

Also, the K20 swapped, fully built EK9 is a freaking monster. I haven't tried the Integra and the Mini but I imagine they're also fast.

Last edited:
VXR
I didn't know which particular M car it would go into, but I'm most pleased that it's for the E46.
E92 M3 would have made a certain degree more sense. The E92 M3 GTS effectively homologated the 4.4 V8 for use in the Z4 GT3.

A "P" V8 engine in an E46 M3 obviously invokes E46 M3 GTR though, and provides a bigger step-up in performance than it would in the E92.

Not going to lie, was hoping it would go in one of the CSL's.

Back