Help us make the superstar broadcast better

• Thread starter Jimmy B
  • 174 comments
2 of the most hotly contested manufacturer battles decided before warm up even begun and the favourite underdog story destroyed (@Tidgney :(). Can't be a coincidence all of them were in the Nations T24?

Ended up driving like James May in the race just to make sure I brought it home in one piece and avoid battling too hard. Would've much rather won that battle on track because last night maatu and I were bumper to bumper in a practice lobby.

Looked like enough mayhem behind me to keep things interesting for the casters, turns out 2 stops weren't as good as suggested :lol:

To add insult to injury the 10:10 lobby didn't even create either... Very disappointed in the ending to the season but I feel more for Atho and Maatu as you've said. These guys, or indeed everyone had practised a lot for this race with it being a decider (Ridiculous points on offer) and for it to end like that is stupid. This issue has been going on all season as well I believe :(.

Top 24 needs to be scrapped or reworked entirely, change my mind.

This season has zero integrity because of the sheer amount of nonsense that's gone on (Primarily Round 6 and 10)

My Top 24 race went incredibly pear shaped in the first few laps, shoved off track twice Lap 1, then I saw @Cuber Tom behind me so decided to throw the race because I knew he really needed points... May have put him and Aston in the finals by doing that :lol:

Such a shame about the disconnects. It never used to be a problem in the test seasons. So may point on offer also leads to desperation and dirtier racing. It doesn't matter if we lose SR in this race or even have a DR reset because its all about this 1 race

Top 24 needs to be scrapped or reworked entirely, change my mind.

This season has zero integrity because of the sheer amount of nonsense that's gone on (Primarily Round 6 and 10)

My Top 24 race went incredibly pear shaped in the first few laps, shoved off track twice Lap 1, then I saw @Cuber Tom behind me so decided to throw the race because I knew he really needed points... May have put him and Aston in the finals by doing that :lol:
You literally saved my season

I'm sure racers will give PD feedback at the Live Events about the disconnect issues,they have to fix these issues before 2019 Season begins.

Shame to see some of the battles end before the race started, we were looking forward to them as much as you were.

We were all disappointed in the lobby to be honest... and then i told myself "Where is Tidgney ?!?!" (Maybe he saw on rick's stream), i was gutted for him as even if he didn't managed to qualify, he deserved to be featured in this race and make all Pug drivers dream during at least half an hour...

For my part it went pretty well, good quali, good race but i feel sorry for all the guys who were dropped by the servers... I hope the informations that we all gave to you were helpfull even with as you said some battle and thrills ended 1s after the lobby creation....

Sorry but that's just totally unacceptable on PD's behalf. That should be rescheduled :confused::lol: Keeping tabs on all of this, that's a really poor way for it to end.

We were all disappointed in the lobby to be honest... and then i told myself "Where is Tidgney ?!?!" (Maybe he saw on rick's stream), i was gutted for him as even if he didn't managed to qualify, he deserved to be featured in this race and make all Pug drivers dream during at least half an hour...

Not caught up yet, thanks for the support though mate and congratulations on securing a place at the world finals :). Could have been an unbelievable story potentially;

Doh! If I had won Manufacturers I'd have done it! All ifs and buts though as anything could have happened. Congratulations to anyone who has qualified for either a regional or world final. I haven't seen much of the Americas region yet, I hope you had a smoother evening than Europe!

@Tidgney, @Jimmy B Just look at everyone's reaction in the lobby, that's no comment

O wow yes. You know I said this in the stream last night actually it's one thing I like about the GT Sport community as a whole... The chat shows how much people care for a good race, and good spirit. Ye occasionally we all bitch/rage about something but it's racing that stuff happens all the time in real life never mind the game but as a whole we all just love a good race and to actually put on a good show. The racing community can actually bring such a positive to everyone, hell it's why I still do it 20+ years after I started playing.. lets hope that the technical gremlins can be resolved so we don't experience this kind of issue again.

Cheers for that initial feedback guys, keep it coming!

There's not much info I can give on a concrete dates/times etc but I'm extremely confident that we'll be seeing more content coming out on the GT YouTube channel in the very near future. I'm hoping to be able to promote the streams/videos myself a little bit when I get the go ahead, so hopefully that'll get more people interested.

We have been given info on you guys (fave car/track etc) but in all honesty there isn't alot of time to use it. Most the races I've casted have been too action packed for us to get anything in edgeways haha.

Info on cars would be great, especially for the manufacturer races. Nations is usually easy enough, because everyone is in the same car ;)

#tidgneytrain

Literally the most fun train anyone has ever been involved in :lol::lol:. Chaotic clean racing everywhere!

like this :P
Untitled-1.jpg

@Jimmy B

The thumbnail or video title for each race should include the region (EMEA, Americas or Asia/Pacific). Simple detail. :)

I don't know if it's technically possible but it would be cool to have replays from onboard / chase cam. Especially during race starts. The default camera is very close to the ground usually and we miss what happens behind the first few cars.

Keep up the good commentary. :tip:

I just came back to GT after 6 months and watched the last couple of videos. Great to see so many of the people I've raced against still rocking and some new drivers too. I'll see if I can go back to S/S and maybe join one of the next streams.

Off topic:
Apparently I came in a bit late for the fun of joining the world tour event. I missed the first one because I stopped playing 3 months before (Still got a box of gifts from PD though ^^) and now I'll miss this one because I came too late. :D

Last edited:
I absolutely loved the last broadcast. Very well done. It's better than I could have even hoped. You two are really finding your stride now, like the early days of top gear.

Again great job @Jimmy B and @Irelique, picking up straight away the rather controversial ending to the NA Manufacturers race (Multi 21 all over again :lol:), and correctly calling my rather safety first approach (turns out I needed 14th to get top Ferrari btw but I only worked that out myself afterwards)

Shame though you guys weren't given much information about the Manufacturers standings worldwide for the top 16 places before the American race, we were doing that by ourselves watching the live streams of those taking part so I'm surprised no-one at PD seemed to do so. Ferrari and Chevrolet weren't as safe as many predicted and Outlaw taking Windfire on the line had a massive impact, which I'm sure you guys would've picked up on had you known how Jaguar, Aston and Hyundai were so close in the end for 16th. So many weird and wonderful things got Aston that all important spot :lol:

Once again, great work from both of you @Irelique and @Jimmy B (and the staff we don't see)! I feel like you begin to take your marks as a duo here and it makes the broadcast reaching another level. I don't really know what to add else compared to what has been already said except I can't wait to get to the Regional Finals (even if I'm sad Jaguar didn't made the cut, for many reasons).

Also, thanks @SkyPikmin for all the infos you gave and everyone who were able to race!

The commentators didn't quite understand the strengths and weaknesses of each car in Group 1 so I thought I'd clarify what was happening at the race start and during the early laps of the European race.

As you may be aware, the 2016 LMP1 cars have a large amount of hybrid power, and GT Sport simulates this by auto-deploying hybrid when accelerating up to 200-220km/h, giving these cars the best acceleration in-class. The Peugeot L750R by contrast, has a very weak hybrid, and the 908 no hybrid at all, so they accelerate more gradually.

Hence, at the start we see Aderrrm rocket from 3rd to 1st because the Audi R18 is just that fast to get up to speed. But once that hybrid goes way, he's 77hp down and 50kg heavier than the L750R, so Garasa/Fuvaros reel the R18 back in on every straight, only for Aderrrm to build that gap again as soon as there's an acceleration zone. But overall, the two cars were very evenly matched, as qualifying demonstrated.

EDIT: This is something the broadcast caught on to in time for the American race, but nonetheless these details should be useful if you're commentating on any of the regional finals next month, as group 1 will come up again at some point.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

My name is Jimmy Broadbent and i'm one of the commentators tasked with calling the superstar races.

At the moment we're in the process of improving the broadcast (keep an eye on the Gran Turismo YouTube channel) and I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to you guys and find out what you'd like see/hear on future race broadcasts.

I know there have been a couple of small issues with some of the races (i tend to get a first hand view) but my goal is to make sure the broadcast is the best it can be, so any help you can give would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I watched the race at Interlagos, and my biggest issue is that the volume of the cars passing by was a lot higher(or at least the same as) than the volume of the two commentators. I could hear you talking, I just couldn’t hear what you were saying.
And, watching the final of the nations cup, and your interview with GTP_Aderrm...please tell whoever is responsible for the audio that it would be nice to hear the interview without some stupid music that makes it close to impossible to hear what you’re saying.
Now, as I’m halfdeaf (yes, really) and English isn’t my native language, it might just be me having problem to hear, but it’s still stupid to have music overlapping an interview.
Other than that, keep up the good work:tup:

Watched the EMEA manu final last night and I have to say it's pretty damn good. My only real complaint is still the graphics on screen are to big, but it's not a huge issue. I'm glad to see more action from mid field rather than the front 5 cars like the other race I watched at I think Bathurst. Are the Americas races getting uploaded soon as well? Also a slight side note, does anyone know if there are doing anything with this off season thing or no? I would be surprised if there is.

Watched the EMEA manu final last night and I have to say it's pretty damn good. My only real complaint is still the graphics on screen are to big, but it's not a huge issue. I'm glad to see more action from mid field rather than the front 5 cars like the other race I watched at I think Bathurst. Are the Americas races getting uploaded soon as well? Also a slight side note, does anyone know if there are doing anything with this off season thing or no? I would be surprised if there is.
The Americas races are already available on the GT channel.

Couple of things I noticed were... The graphics about the race had been typed wrong where it tells you the qualifying session is 15 minutes underneath it then says qualifying is 21 laps should of said race duration 21 laps.
Your microphones at the beginning of the cast were really breathy, maybe add some foam around them or get desk mics like radio.
And also still want to know where the sideskirt camera views appeared from on the crioux hotlap.
Thanks

Hence, at the start we see Aderrrm rocket from 3rd to 1st because the Audi R18 is just that fast to get up to speed. But once that hybrid goes way, he's 77hp down and 50kg heavier than the L750R, so Garasa/Fuvaros reel the R18 back in on every straight,

Bang on mate, In my Rd. 10 race I got Pole with the Mazda only to have 2 R18 behind me. The guy in 2nd rocketed past me right when the race started and I managed hold off the guy who started in 3rd. I had an awesome battle with the R18 in 3rd behind me for the first 3 laps of the race. Coming out of the turn before the big straights the R18 in 3rd would pass me every time with his initial acceleration, then once he passes I'd slide into his slipstream then with the Mazda's great high gear acceleration I'd blow by him right away and pass him again before the chicanes. If I hadn't of made a mess of my turn 1-5 at the start of lap 4 I may have finished second instead of 3rd, oh well.

Hello, everyone!

Sorry it's taken me a while to get around to this post but for the entire week I've been in RTX London mode with A LOT of things needing organising and scheduled happenings to happen. I know English, I promise.

So I'd just like to say thank you all so much for everything you guys did to help us in these final few sets of broadcasts for 2018 league play. The reason why we love shouting you guys out is because you deserve shouting out - it's as simple as that.

Of course the technical problems were incredibly saddening, we can all hope that this particular aspect is improved upon greatly. The racing was exactly what the doctor ordered though and, as always, it was awesome to commentate alongside @Jimmy B.

I'm not exactly sure when I will be back next to be fair! Deffo won't be in Salzburg, Regionals/Worlds/2019 is an unknown situation to me. If you want to see more then I guess let Polyphony know!

For now though you can catch me in other parts of the eRacing sphere, be sure to follow me @Irelique on Twitter if you wish to be kept up to date on all of it! Really proud to be a proper part of the GT family, keep up the amazing racing!

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the whole programme, where the Singapore F1 race I fast forwarded to the end.

Hope to see you and Jimmy in the future as the combination worked well.

Steve

Back