Help us make the superstar broadcast better

• Thread starter Jimmy B
  • 174 comments
You need to understand how ridiculous PSN IDs look (and sound) to people outside of the GT Scene, its one consistent thing in a lot of eSports that hold them back from being taken seriously by a wider audience.

Somehow I don't think Jimmy would sound professional calling out my psn ID to the masses. Saying "and here comes crazybuttocks198 down the back straight".

Jimmy fantastic that you post here ! I hope you can at least update this topic whenever there is news ?

I am a big fan of the game but have not heard about any streams. I could not find any info about it. Only the Nurburgring event of course.

So my biggest issue was PD kind of hiding these interesting things about the game. Maybe you can share this with them as it seems a big issue here.

You can always perfect things, but if most people dont know about it ?

After that I have witnessed a live stream, I will let you know here if and what things can be done better.

As regard to the names: both names should be mentioned. PSN names are imported for recognition but real names are imported to make it more professional.

Again: fantastic that you post here. It is a big community and we all would like PD to be a bit more involved. Even if its on an individual basis like yourself.

Thanks for that !

Most important is to promote the FIA seasons as serious esport competition. I mean active and official by PD and(!) FIA. There is not even one word of all this on the FIA website... it feels like the FIA sold only their name to PD. You have the chance to make something really big, use your chances (PD).

I am very sad there wasn't a short player introduction at the beginning of the race. They just skipped right into the race.

(I know I started last :D messed up my Q)

Fantastic broadcast. Keep them coming regularly for all regions and it will surely be a success.

Just one thing I noticed in the EMEA manufactures race. Alexonys Megane was described as FWD. It isn’t. There are two versions of the Megane in the game. One with FWD and one with RWD. This was the one with RWD.

Things like this won’t matter for the casual gamer. But I’m sure everyone on here will have noticed.

This is in no way a criticism btw. The overall broadcast was fantastic.

They can't because there is absolutely no indication who is showing up
What are you talking about? There's the introduction in every single FiA race. They could just use that and say something like "here's Mclaren representing England" and "here's Lord Protector representing Slovakia". Would be a nice touch I think.

What are you talking about? There's the introduction in every single FiA race. They could just use that and say something like "here's Mclaren representing England" and "here's Lord Protector representing Slovakia". Would be a nice touch I think.

If its that vague I don't think it adds anything, I thought you meant proper detailed information on the players

Mclaren representing England

If only, I mean it had a 60% chance of happening in that Bathurst Race but PD's Top 24 Slot Machine denied me and @ZokyCRO through RNG because this is an extremely fair and well organised championship. /s

We did have a short intro, but I guess it didn't make the cut. I hope you guys enjoy the full race broadcast, I'm sure there's more to come ;)

We did have a short intro, but I guess it didn't make the cut. I hope you guys enjoy the full race broadcast, I'm sure there's more to come ;)
Yay :) hopefully it could make the cut next time :D

Just saw that Spanish video with Lucas Ordonez is 1h 28m long, with much more information in it :(

Why is this? :ill:

Whoever is doing the editing seems to be treating it more like a TV broadcast and leaving some stuff on the cutting room floor. It's Youtube, put some timestamps for quali and race for the impatient so there's no need to leave content behind.

Also goodness me Jimmy and James you have a lot of races to do with the combined Americas and EU races :dopey:

Edit: Booted up the game and it's nice to see a notification of the broadcasts 👍

Last edited:
Whoever is doing the editing seems to be treating it more like a TV broadcast and leaving some stuff on the cutting room floor. It's Youtube, put some timestamps for quali and race for the impatient so there's no need to leave content behind.

Also goodness me Jimmy and James you have a lot of races to do with the combined Americas and EU races :dopey:

4 in one night is quite a challenge :nervous::nervous::nervous:

I wonder how @Jimmy B and the other commentator will do with the Asia/Oceania T24SS English coverage. They will be like, oh look saika's missing! And we didn't see an Indonesian in a long time in the T24, it's always been the battle between Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong, isn't it?

Oh, and the commentators on Akagi's F-type would be: "That is a really patriotic livery for the car."

I wonder how @Jimmy B and the other commentator will do with the Asia/Oceania T24SS English coverage. They will be like, oh look saika's missing! And we didn't see an Indonesian in a long time in the T24, it's always been the battle between Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong, isn't it?

Oh, and the commentators on Akagi's F-type would be: "That is a really patriotic livery for the car."

Won't see a fiery Japanese take on it then?

Hello @Jimmy B, maybe you want some informations for the next manufacturer series top 24 race, as we are able to tell you who is able to participate in this race, maybe we can tell you something about each driver, and some informations about the track limits / best cars for the track / as it is an endurance race, the expected number of laps that will be run, tell me if you want/need these informations and i will try to do a little summary for you ;)

I just finished watching the whole video of EMEA in english and I have mixed feelings. The commentary was top notch :) but the edit and focus of the race was quite bad I'm afraid.

As much as I love watching the TOP 5 guys battling for their positions, I have a few points that I would like to point out.

1st: lack of incidents' coverage; why is the video 95% about the top 5 guys? It wasn't aired live so you guys certainly prepared for this and I believe you could show more of the interesting parts of the race. In the very 1st lap there were huge incidents and while this was happening, on screen I was watching how Lightning was driving behind Fuvaros for P1 :D I mean, you know, these incidents were far more interesting and I think you should focus more on the ACTION, rather than watching the top 5 guys drive. If nothing interesting is happening, than sure, let's watch the top 5 guys race :)

2nd: lack of focus on others; all of these 24 players are very good players and there were many overtakes and interesting stuff you guys could cover and comment on. Why not? For example: (I'm talking about me now) I made a mistake in lap 5 (actually the same mistake that Lightning did and you showed that TWICE) and I went from P15 to P22 and it got absolutely zero coverage. No replay, no comment. Again, wasted opportunity of interesting stuff.

3rd: english version is much shorter and crippled when compared to Spanish or Japanese version. Why is this incosistency a thing?

4th: player introduction; kind of goes hand to hand with my 3rd point.

5th: please let us use our real names, not childish nicknames that some of us created 10 years ago (like me :D )

I think the reason for spectating mostly top 5 is because there are only one (or two?) spectators who cannot keep an eye on 24 cars at the same time since what you see on the screen is what they need to decide where to transition. Pretty tough to always see every overtake or spin.

You're stuck with the name forever with no name change on PSN! :D

Great to have the full races finally, commentary and race direction was great. Hope we can get to see qualifying and be able to have them live streamed at some point soon.

A few little mistakes in the commentary I wanted to mention:
1. Rolling starts aren't controlled by us. We start in auto drive and everyone goes at the same time.
2. The setups of the cars are fixed, so Fuvaros couldn't have adjusted the wing levels of his car.
3. Manufactures Cup has a 2 car per manufacture limit not 3.
4. Basically no one run traction control in these races since its slower for all the top driver (Except if there is a standing start where almost everyone will use it until 2nd gear)

Below is the predicted lineup for the next EMEA Manufactures race + some reserves

upload_2018-8-30_17-33-28.png

Also completely off topic but it was cool to see you watching some of our 2 hour endurance race on sunday

2nd: lack of focus on others; all of these 24 players are very good players and there were many overtakes and interesting stuff you guys could cover and comment on. Why not? For example: (I'm talking about me now) I made a mistake in lap 5 (actually the same mistake that Lightning did and you showed that TWICE) and I went from P15 to P22 and it got absolutely zero coverage. No replay, no comment. Again, wasted opportunity of interesting stuff.

I do agree that more of the field needs to be looked on, but regarding your specific point, someone spinning out of a potential podium in the dying laps, holds way more importance and entertainment value than yourself spinning from P15.

Also, TRL_Lightning is quite well known, and is the previous season champion so those are 2 other reasons why that incident would hold more coverage.

I do agree that more of the field needs to be looked on, but regarding your specific point, someone spinning out of a potential podium in the dying laps, holds way more importance and entertainment value than yourself spinning from P15.

Also, TRL_Lightning is quite well known, and is the previous season champion so those are 2 other reasons why that incident would hold more coverage.
Fair enough, except I didn't spin out in the "dying lap". I spun out in lap 5 when the camera was watching, again, Fuvaros running up the hill straight I think :D

They were bloody brilliant to watch to be honest, fantastic job! If I was to say anything maybe some of the graphics need to shrink a little, especially the bottom right ones, they are mahoosive!

I wish I could have done a 1 stop in the manufacturers but the PUG eats its tyres to much so I thought, forget tyre saving, fuel saving I'm going full nutty, flat out and so glad I decided that! #TidgneyTrain (I called it the PUG train xD) was so fun, and so clean so glad you got it, although Kie25's move was remarkable during all that as well :D. But I wasn't bothered where I came in that or how far behind I was, I think it's the weakest gr.4 car so just racing in such a good race which was clean and fun (You should have seen the exit of the pits, was crazy tight :D) was brilliant. As per the chat after, best 23rd ever, was ridiculously fun and that's what I like :D!

No chance of making this weeks Manufacturers top 24, so I've got to hope for a strong lobby to try make the final one. Nations, I'm game :D! Would be good for some of the manufacturers to post some info about their cars here for the casters on Saturday for Manufacturer.

I'll also leave the BoP test here which is not fully accurate as there were some BoP changes and of course the new tyre model and stuff but you can see some comments about each car;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/group-3-bop-testing.375377/

Edit: Also thanks for the compliments <3

Last edited:
Back