Here comes an update!!!!

• Thread starter doggyollie
  • 401 comments
gtbycitroen_sc002.jpg

This car must be real fast to be able to hit 212 mph/kph either would be very fast at this point on this track, also car must be automatic as it's showing in "D" gear and what looks to be about 1/3 throttle!

gtbycitroen_sc002.jpg

This car must be real fast to be able to hit 212 mph/kph either would be very fast at this point on this track

:ouch: its KPH... huge difference between them
but yeah seems fast. I'm guessing over 500 BHP
He is doing 131 MPH there.. pretty fast

Last edited:
gtbycitroen_sc002.jpg

This car must be real fast to be able to hit 212 mph/kph either would be very fast at this point on this track, also car must be automatic as it's showing in "D" gear and what looks to be about 1/3 throttle!

you meen,full throttle and 1/3 revs..👍

spyrrari.

Maybe car has gears, but changes it for you like real automatic?
Maybe it change from 4th gear to 5th that why it has low RPM

Who knows maybe the update will get us car as well some new physics!!

After being off the online part for nearly 2 weeks I went on again last night and it's absolute crap! The online mode is laggy as hell and I just got boosted to a 10meg connection? and the punters are out in force and it seems it's the way to drive lately no matter who you are :rolleyes:

This game is going in the bin soon if they don't make a drastic change and fix the god damned LAG issue and bring in the much needed private rooms :mad: It's a friggin joke just trying to hook up for a few races with some friends 👎

This update crap is just like a carrot on a stick to a donkey :rolleyes:

I hope this car has a useful purpose in game and is not just a novelty that can't be raced online against other GT Concept Cars. We don't need another F2007 type car that only allows 8 players ghosting around a track.

After being off the online part for nearly 2 weeks I went on again last night and it's absolute crap! The online mode is laggy as hell and I just got boosted to a 10meg connection? and the punters are out in force and it seems it's the way to drive lately no matter who you are :rolleyes:

This game is going in the bin soon if they don't make a drastic change and fix the god damned LAG issue and bring in the much needed private rooms :mad: It's a friggin joke just trying to hook up for a few races with some friends 👎

Just curious... are you using Wi-Fi or a cable?

Just curious... are you using Wi-Fi or a cable?

I'm using Wi-Fi mate ... I simply took it for granted that with me now using a 10meg connection it would connect fine without using an rj45?
with this single question you have prompted me to do some experimenting today :)

Cheers 👍
Ron.

I'm using Wi-Fi mate ... I simply took it for granted that with me now using a 10meg connection it would connect fine without using an rj45?
with this single question you have prompted me to do some experimenting today :)

Cheers 👍
Ron.

No problem :) I know with Wi-Fi you have that packet drop in the signal so its not constant... I use Wi-Fi too but its only laggy sometimes... most of the time its alright... Ive heard from many though that an ethernet cable is best and gets rid of the lag...

Nice to know you have a bright outlook on things, Lately the servers have been rubbish everyone keeps getting disconnectione errors before the race has even started, It'll be alot better once they work out the kinks, It hasnt been lagging bad for me so must just be you, other people do experaice this but some dont. Private rooms will help but a private room full of 16 people wont do much good either. Depends how many people use Wireless and Ethernet. And for organising races me and my friend Aly did it the other day and just messaged each other to press Matchmaking at exact same time via PM and we got in every race togther racing 15 times in a row.

I hope this car has a useful purpose in game and is not just a novelty that can't be raced online against other GT Concept Cars. We don't need another F2007 type car that only allows 8 players ghosting around a track.

I think it will be used to chase Luke Skywalker around London. The Force is strong in this one!

The speed of your connection is not really important (1 Mbit at least) but the quality of the line (ping) is what makes the game playable, below 30 milliseconds should be enough :)

The speed of your connection is not really important (1 Mbit at least) but the quality of the line (ping) is what makes the game playable, below 30 milliseconds should be enough :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't done huge amounts of online gaming, but I've always been of the mind that lag etc. is the player's fault.

I.e complaining that an online game is really laggy either means you've got a poor ping connection, or the people you're playing do?

I've found GT5 : P to be fine online, and I've only got a 2MBit connection.

I think the wireless on the PS3 is pretty suspect, definitely wire it up if you can.

I have had pretty good luck with a 1.5M connection. I almost never host but I have basically no lag. I've even tried using the wireless and found no lag problem.

Last couple of days I have been getting alot of failures to connect but always connect on the second try.

Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't done huge amounts of online gaming, but I've always been of the mind that lag etc. is the player's fault.

I.e complaining that an online game is really laggy either means you've got a poor ping connection, or the people you're playing do?

I've found GT5 : P to be fine online, and I've only got a 2MBit connection.

I think the wireless on the PS3 is pretty suspect, definitely wire it up if you can.

You're right about the ping thingy.
Because I live out in the boondocks, between Jupiter and Saturn, I can only get a connection of about 450 kbps down and 250 kbps up. Latency is around 125 ms.
It doesn't appear that I have any worse problems with lag than most others.
Of course I will only know if I'm lagging if someone else tells me.

Translated from Babelfish :

October 2nd 9:40 AM (local time), the French automaker “Citroen” did press briefing with the Paris motor show which press day is commenced, released concept car “GT by Citroen” which is born 'by the collaboration of [gurantsurisumo]'. As for “GT by Citroen”, being something which it materializes converts the sport car image of the 21st century when Citroen draws, the avant-garde styling which does not look at example in other things is merit.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d2659.html

So, update on Saturday perhaps?

Wrong, lag can occur anywhere between you and the server. E.g. it can be the server's fault, your ISP, some backbone in between, and ofcourse on your end things can be messed up as well (most likely if other players do not have problems at all).

You lagging will not be caused by other players. It used to be an issue in the early days of online gaming, but that is no longer the case for a couple of years now. Ofcourse other players lagging will still show up erraticly on your side, possibly interfering with your play (e.g. crashing into you). But if you have a bad ping this will most certainly result in lag.

The wireless on the PS3 is excellent, provided it is configured properly, you have a decent router, and the signal is ofcourse of sufficient level (e.g. five concrete walls between the router and PS3 will not help ;))

I have been on wireless for ages, and the difference between wired and wireless (even using encryption like WPA) is less than 1ms. And yes, I've measured that. ;)

Last edited:
Nice to know you have a bright outlook on things,

Hey .. I'm just pissed with the punters and the lag is all :P I want this game to be as good as the potential it has! but it's a long time coming. Is everybody expected to post positively even through the crap connections and punters to keep others members here happy? Sorry if I don't jump on the 'waits patiently' band wagon :sly:
I will try again in a more civil manner anyway ...

Gran Turismo for me is the best and most realistic racing game franchise the world has seen and I have played it for years since 1999 and enjoyed each game 👍 The online play in GT5P is not what it could and should be .. I hope to see it improved dramatically soon or I will probably lose interest! From the people who can't race fairly without pushing you off track to the occasional lag issue's! It's just not enjoyable for me at this time in present :indiff: fingers crossed for some kind of improvement before GT5 gets released officially in 2035 :cheers:

;)

This game is going in the bin soon if they don't make a drastic change and fix the *beeeep*ed LAG issue and bring in the much needed private rooms :mad: It's a friggin joke just trying to hook up for a few races with some friends 👎

You're just sugar coating it, tell us how you really feel. ;)

Screen shot 3; he's done a 1.01.570 lap at HSR, which says this car moves. Beats my humble online 103.xx average in the 800PP pro GTLM :scared:, but he could be using standard physics, and who knows what PP level.

gtbycitroen_sc003.jpg

Hey .. I'm just pissed with the punters and the lag is all :P I want this game to be as good as the potential it has! but it's a long time coming. Is everybody expected to post positively even through the crap connections and punters to keep others members here happy? Sorry if I don't jump on the 'waits patiently' band wagon :sly:
I will try again in a more civil manner anyway ...

Gran Turismo for me is the best and most realistic racing game franchise the world has seen and I have played it for years since 1999 and enjoyed each game 👍 The online play in GT5P is not what it could and should be .. I hope to see it improved dramatically soon or I will probably lose interest! From the people who can't race fairly without pushing you off track to the occasional lag issue's! It's just not enjoyable for me at this time in present :indiff: fingers crossed for some kind of improvement before GT5 gets released officially in 2035 :cheers:

;)

No probs lol trust me it will be amazing for the actual Gran Turismo 5 Finished game remember Prologue is just Beta Testing more or less so we shouldnt expect amazing Finished Game Quality stuff

Screen shot 3; he's done a 1.01.570 lap at HSR, which says this car moves. Beats my humble online 103.xx average in the 800PP pro GTLM :scared:, but he could be using standard physics, and who knows what PP level.

gtbycitroen_sc003.jpg
If that's true (and it seems so) online racing is no more fun atleast for HSR.
It's already to bad they haven't got more competitive cars for HSR with current PP rules but if this hit the next minor update we only gonna see GTbyCitroen's on the track for a while

some other info i found:
2009 Citroen GTbyCITROEN

Year 2009
Make Citroen
Model GTbyCITROEN
Combined MPG 0.00
Introduced At 2008 Paris Mondial De Automobile

Dimensions
Standard Payload 0.00
Seating Capacity 2
Doors 2
Exterior
Length 4960.001 mm | 195.3 in.
Width 2080.001 mm | 81.9 in.
Height 1090.001 mm | 42.9 in.

Tires / Wheels
Wheels 21-inch aluminum

Last edited:
On an german news site i´ve read that the car will available at the same time when they will show the car @ the paris motor show... so this will be tomorrow? Friday is also normal for updates... (or have they show the car today already for the normal people,not the media?)

Back