Here comes an update!!!!

• Thread starter doggyollie
  • 401 comments
You people cant be pleased at all. These FREE Updates are brilliant and it's a great surprise of Polyphony to do this out of the blue on top of the fall update. Somepeople just cant be pleased. Ungrateful as a matter of fact.

I will be really pissed if the only thing that comes with this update is this ugly bat mobile.

I've got the same feeling about this vehicle! :lol:
anyway, I do think we're gonna get more than just a Concept Car in an update with 108MB. ;)

You people cant be pleased at all. These FREE Updates are brilliant and it's a great surprise of Polyphony to do this out of the blue on top of the fall update. Somepeople just cant be pleased. Ungrateful as a matter of fact.

I think based on what the news says in GT5 : P, this is the beginning of the fall update.

It says there's to be an update beginning at the start of October.

So this is phase 1 of 'the fall update' I believe.

I think based on what the news says in GT5 : P, this is the beginning of the fall update.

It says there's to be an update beginning at the start of October.

So this is phase 1 of 'the fall update' I believe.

Phase 1? No it's more a seperate small update i beleive you cant expect Private Rooms to in a download of 108mb,

The fall update is yet to come and yet to be announced at TGS, And GT News doesnt refer to this update as the *Fall* Update, More like expandable content just like the Audi R8 Intro. It's just a seperate update.

I will be really pissed if the only thing that comes with this update is this ugly bat mobile.

I agree. Is this really the best thing PD could have put their effort into?

I just hope there is more than just this car. Otherwise it just looks like a paid advertisement for Citroen.

Phase 1? No it's more a seperate small update i beleive you cant expect Private Rooms to in a download of 108mb,

The fall update is yet to come and yet to be announced at TGS, And GT News doesnt refer to this update as the *Fall* Update, More like expandable content just like the Audi R8 Intro. It's just a seperate update.

Well it also says about online being down for some time due to various maintenance etc. which could be them putting the things in place for private rooms, with a later update to follow?

I'm just trying to be positive 👍

I agree. Is this really the best thing PD could have put their effort into?

I just hope there is more than just this car. Otherwise it just looks like a paid advertisement for Citroen.

Wow... Just wow...

Theres alot of speculation so i do hope we get as much as we all hoped for it should be a good week for GT! 👍

Is this really the best thing PD could have put their effort into?

I agree.
I don't want to be the party pooper, but I was hoping for more than just a concept car...

Yeah i agree too Polyphony do hardly anything for us seriously? Wow all their time gets put into doing nothing i just cant beleive how lazy they can be espcially Kaz/ Sarcasm just incase your stupid.

I'm hoping for (not expecting) the private rooms in this update. I can't see why the private rooms update would take up a lot of MBs. I doubt there would be much in the way of graphical assets with private rooms and thus would mainly be code... and code itself doesn't take up a whole lot of space. For example, the whole game of Quake 1 is approx 50MB in size (including graphical and audio assets) which includes the network code and server browser for online. Granted, that it's over 10 years old but the point is that without modern assets (models, tracks, sounds, videos), code doesn't take up a lot of space.

it does look like an advertisement for the new Citrogen which i don't care much for, but if it comes out i'll eventually give it a whirl.

I share a lot of peoples gripes with online play. Yesterday i was doing an intermediate event on Suzuka using the Tuned Clio and only me and 1 other guy were in the game. Not sure if he was a beginner but by the End of the S-bends i was way ahead of him, i think he spun/lost it on the first main turn. So to try and enjoy it i waited up for him to make an interesting race. First turn we come up to he's already trying to bump/run me off the road when i CLEARLY stopped to avoid ramming him and went around properly. After that i just raped him and finished the race. Until Private rooms with cool/clean racers/people i will NOT enjoy the online events. :crazy:

I want an update to the physics only. No new cars, no new tracks, because reading everyones replies when they are spitting there dummies out is much more entertaining. Lmao.

just my $0.02 but that car is ass ugly, i could think of a thousand better cars to put into the update, also yes perhaps we are ungrateful considering this is rather deflating compared to what we got with SpecII. If thats all the update is thats sad, considering i have no desire to drive the thing, Ill just stick to rFactor

Yeah i agree too Polyphony do hardly anything for us seriously? Wow all their time gets put into doing nothing i just cant beleive how lazy they can be espcially Kaz/ Sarcasm just incase your stupid.

Wow. I'm puzzled why you are so emotional about our remarks.

PD doesn't do anything "for us" at all. Like all companies they do what they do for profit. Which is fine. They make a product. We pay them for it.

While it is true that they are not charging us for the updates, it is also true that they do it to keep up the interest in their products. Companies never do anything that doesn't profit them in some way.

So there is no need for such an emotional reaction. This is simply a discussion.

I havent scrolled through the GT5P forum for a while. But last time I did people were looking forward to an update. They even got excited when a new background and intro movie came out. Now it's way different. I'm happy with the game as it is. Updates are still a big plus.

When I bought the game it said "about 40 cars and 5 tracks". I thought that was what i payed for. But I already have 71 cars and a total of 12 tracks (6x2). I'm very happy for another update :)

Wow. I'm puzzled why you are so emotional about our remarks.

PD doesn't do anything "for us" at all. Like all companies they do what they do for profit. Which is fine. They make a product. We pay them for it.

While it is true that they are not charging us for the updates, it is also true that they do it to keep up the interest in their products. Companies never do anything that doesn't profit them in some way.

So there is no need for such an emotional reaction. This is simply a discussion.

Well IMO your being a bit blunt and not recognising that Polyphony are actually bothering to update the game which is a nice surprise. Still yet poeple whine about it. If they didnt update the game people whine about it. It's a no win with the community it seems and some people need to open their eyes and recognise it. It's up to you for your opinion but theres a bit too much bashing going on atm and bashing the game isnt going to get anyone anywhere but arguements. It all depends on how much you like Gran Turismo. Im a passionate fan and always have been. Just too much bashing thats my response. Before the game was released on Europe, US The game included around 42 cars and 5 Tracks, With casual updates it's a great to be looking forward to the next one.

I agree with kekke. We should be grateful whatever the update is, as long as it is playable ;)

Back