HEY YOU!!! New to the WRS? Introduce yourself!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 716 comments
Almost have the Mrs swayed to accept that there'll be a new racing seat and G25 wheel purchased and permanently set up in the den when GT5 draws near. :)

Cheers!

Welcome Herk! You and I have been working on the same thing!

Now that my downshift paddle is acting up intermittently, I might go for this soon rather than later.

My current setup involves a lazy boy and a table with wrought iron legs. :crazy: It works, but I have a feeling I could pick up some tenths by just improving my setup.

Anyhow, again, welcome to the WRS and hope to see you out on the track for weeks to come.

:cheers:
Kevin

Hey Guys and Girls...
Im a new member the GTP Just thought i would say hi (SO HI LOL) and i had a hard time Doing the Qualify Lap for WRS but was all good fun see you around

QUIK!

PLAY IT...LOVE IT...FEEL IT...GT

My name is tom, i am 13 years old and i live in South west england. I have an interest in art, design, motocross and CARS!!! :D I can't wait to get started racing although i can't race this week (151) Due to the lack of a '63 Corvette Stingray lol.

Welcome to the WRS Tom. I am also in division 3. I'm sure you will enjoy the racing and people in this great community.

Kenny

Hey Tom, welcome to the WRS. Have fun rippin' up the tracks with us. I read you're also in Div 3, so if I'm in your way, just flash lights!! :)

My name is Pierre, I just submit my time for the Infineon ''test''.

43 years old, one wife and a 6 months old daugther.
I liked a lot to fabricate cockpits and playing LAN races with a bunch of friends. I am also in real cars, mainly restoration, like this one: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfGjuTfQe0.
I live in Montreal, Canada.
On GT4, I mainly drive BMW 2002 Turbo, Cobra and others like the old Mercury Cougar with the comfort tires. Not into too unrealisticly sticky cars on the track, I like when it is sliding...

I cant wait for the next WRS with comfort or economy tires...

Hi there, and welcome.. weird coming from a 2 day old member but hey.. i know what you mean about the comfort tires thing.

Nurb, welcome. I live just across the border in VT. Good to see "locals" around here. Get enough snow yet this winter LOL!

Welcome to other new members as well. Enjoy!

Welcome to all our new members. I'm a D3 racer, been here since October and enjoy all the combos in the past. Some are harder than others, but that seems to be up to the driver. I hope you all enjoy your time spent with this great community of racers.

Hey everyone. New WRS'er from Washington state here. I've known about this site for a little while but didn't really feel like getting into it at first; now gasoline is so expensive that I don't feel like taking any of my own cars out for anything other than necessary driving. So, WRS it is! :)

Also I accidentally erased my very excellent GT4 save when transferring my memory cards onto my PS3 so I need some positive motivation to get back into the game and hopefully start working on a better save than the one I had (~37% with about 200 cars; not much I know, but I was proud of it!).

I just submitted my Qualifier time. Hello, all!

The choice of qualifier was suprisingly in-depth. I discovered umpteen ways to go exactly as fast, or slightly slower than, my initial few runs. That said, I'm proud of my qualifier time, and I don't think I can make it much better.

I am slightly useless at tuning basically because, after I drive a car for long enough, it becomes transparent to me, and I only see the flaws of my own driving. So, I'll probably participate in the WRS's with balanced cars and make a serious effort. Honestly, the only thing I can really say about which cars I'll use is that I usually don't like American cars. Until then, peace.

Hey all,

My name is Presto aka Presto. It is my first week here, but have been racing with my buddies for a while. They all race and I finally got set up.
I am looking foward to this series.

Presto

Presto - Welcome to the WRS, I'm sure you will have fun in here, as we all seem to each week! 👍

Hey everyone. New WRS'er from Washington state here.
Welcome!!! If you ever feel the need for some head to head racing, we have a pretty sweeeeeet seasonal meeting at a a place up there to go race 5/6 at a time. It's a BLAST! Our next meeting should be in May sometime, I think. Let me know if you're interested!

Welcome!!! If you ever feel the need for some head to head racing, we have a pretty sweeeeeet seasonal meeting at a a place up there to go race 5/6 at a time. It's a BLAST! Our next meeting should be in May sometime, I think. Let me know if you're interested!

Word?

Road racing?

I've been looking for an excuse to legally flog the life out of my M3...

Send me a PM kind sir!

Hi guys its only old Quiksilver_GT changed my name on here long with with my PSN to match so theres no confusion see you guys around

Hello all:
Name is raz, I live in 415 area. Been in GTP for a couple of years, just bumped into WRS now I'm looking forward to some competition & lots of fun. :)
WoW fast drivers all around!! :sly:

I'm not a new driver, I'm an old WRS veteran from the GT3 days who has come back to GTP after some time away, just saying "Hi". I miss the WRS racing. I look forward to when the WRS moves over the GT5.

This is kind of a late introduction but here it goes. My name is Yusuf and I'm 21 years old. I live in Virginia(DC Metropolitan Area), USA; there is a large possibility of moving to Florida very soon.

I have "known" Gran Turismo series from their graphics since GT3. I have been playing GT4 for almost a year. My purpose for playing the game is a bit more than just "fun"; I'm not poking anyone whose sole purpose for playing is just fun.

Anyway, some occurrences in my life led me to realize that humans only reach what they believe and no more; I'm not talking about blind belief here nor am I talking about "romanticism". In a continuous loop, humans are pre-conditioned to what they can or can not by "culture" and factors that shape culture-media, events, etc. After a point, I set out to prove (only to myself at this point) that every human being is born with same potential(ongoing scientific studies suggest) and that "choice" is an imprisonable freedom.

That said, back to why I play GT4. I have a personal side-research subject: "Preparing the mind and the belief system for everything from athletic events to academics". I'm constantly testing hypotheses on this subject.

My first attempt has been a success. I have never liked math in my life and was labeled as "incapable" in my secondary-school years. I used "politics" to pass my math classes until I finished high school. This is now an "advantage" that I have with in respect to my research. I have started from numbers a 1.5 years ago. Now, I'm getting closer to new mathematical phenomena being studied by "genius" scientists in white dresses.

My second attemp, racing, was important because it is heavily physical. So, I first started with rental karts, moved up a class and got myself a professional racing kart(Boy is this a story in itself-clue:Poor college student) and started testing hypotheses again. Up to this point, it has been great. I play GT4 for this reason. Believe it or not, first one month that I played GT4(coinciding with the times when I started driving rental karts) I was looking at WRS times in certain weeks and my times were at the bottom of DIV 3. That is not the case anymore. And, finally, this is the reason I play GT4. I find it very close to real life. I also like to challenge to drive at the limit with huge amount of kinestetic input missing. BTW, All of you are subject to scientific research [Insert Evil Laugh Here]:) I watch everyone's replay carefully.

English is my second langage so if you see something offensive in this post ask me before you shoot me. Excuse all the typos-low on time:scared:

Here is a pic of my kart as it was when I first got it. Maybe I'll post more to WRS rides post.
IMG_0258.jpg

Relativly new WRS'er here, here's the story of how I started racing virtually

Before Gran Turismo came to me, I used to be an amazing Need For Speed: Underground 1 & 2 player, So in a sense I started out street-racing, always challenging my friends to come over and play the game with me just so I could waste them.
Then Most-wanted came out, I got that, and my dad hooked it up to a really, really good Stereo set, so whenever I played it sounded like a real street race, And the sounds of the engine always made me want more, and then I starting 'getting in trouble with the law', always out-running the cops and such, just for kicks and to push myself

Then one day a friend brought over GT3 to my house with a proposal, we buy a car, modify it, and take turns racing it, We bought a white Miata MX-5, and only had managed to get it an new set of wheels, Sports exhaust, Stg. 1 Weight reduction and Racing Chip, and down-graded the tires to N3's so he would have a challege (he was a good player at the time), he did all the tuning though, back then I had no knowledge of car tuning, just how to drive them.
He did a few races to dial the car in, and then handed it over to me, And previously only being used to NFS physic's, I had a hard time for the first couple of laps, once I had ticked myself off and blamed the game enough, We called it a day.
The same thing happened for about a week, and then I slowly started to get the hang of the slippery car my friend had set up, but he was still easily blowing me out of the water, And so I asked if he could keep the game at my house for a few days, He agreed, And I played my heart out at Mid-field for about 3 days straight in Practice, and had managed to come close to his record time with that car
Then during one practice session, I got really close to the edge of a corner exit, and dropped my rear tire onto the grass, causing the back-end to slide on me, I guess it was instincts, but I started to almost immediatly correct the slide, but thanks to the low-grade tires, the car continued to slide, and I used that to get through the corner
After that 'rough' experience, I started to mess-around with sliding the car more, first with the e-brake, then with the car's weight transfer, but kept it all quiet when my friend was around, until one day I challenged him to a Time Attack at Mid-field, fastest time wins
He made his run, beating his old time by about a half-second, and thought even though I had improved, he was safe, Then I made my run unveiling the sliding technique for corners that I had been working on, and to my friends amazement, beat his old record by about a second, winning the challenge and showing I had potential, which interested my friend into racing with me more.

We kept playing for some time after that, eventually selling the MX-5 for an RX-7 which we fully modded as the money was earned, And then GT4 came out, I got that and started with a red Evo I (which I plan to some-day restore, that or the old MX-5), worked through the game like everyone else, got this, earned that, sold this, aquired that, learned this, applied that, became faster than I thought I'd ever be, and eventually settled down with my Impreza (see link below) at Costa Di Amalfi, 100 %, 80 golds, and became the fastest GT4 player at my School, where none of my friends can even challenge me anymore, Track race or Street race in some NFS game

So then I went on-line to see who else is out there for a challenge, and started at a smaller forum, idforums.net in their GT section, and became one of the faster GT4 players there, then I graduated from small time to biggest GT site on the web, and presented myself out there as a capable judge for tuning contests and such to get my-self out there, and with sucess, establishing a name for myself as a fast driver with the knowledge necessary to manipulate cars as I need to go faster, stock or tuned, then the WRS got my interest, an official series where you can see exactly how you stack up against others, and I submitted a time as I wanted to see where I stacked up, and ended in Div. 1, higher than I expected, but I now had the proof I wanted to show that I'm not just a good driver, but a potentially fast one as well

So now I'm hanging around here at GTP, checking this and that out as they appear, participating in the WRS when I get the chance during a week that interests me, looking to make myself faster and more precise than ever before

Welcome, Stig... I myself have only been a WRS participant for about a week. In fact, I haven't even introduced my own self in this thread.

I'm James, I'm almost 17, and I'm pretty damn terrible at GT... unless compared against a casual player, that is. Only recently started playing Gran Turismo using manual and without driving aids.

Back