Hi Res. Mode

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 40 comments
I've captured 2 videos with an S14 LM at SSR11 in lo-fi and hi-fi [direct dl]. Sorry for the sound abscense, for some weird reason my Camtasia doesn't want to record the audio from the speakers. Again. :ouch: Also, in both videos you can notice the FPS falling in the second parts - that's just my laptop saying me it can't take any more 100% CPU load :crazy:

Interesting, so the PS1 has more computing power than your laptop? Because it never lagged when I play hi-res mode on the PS1, not up to noticeable levels.

Nope, you're wrong. At first, the emulator of any kind (any PSX/PS2 emulator) always uses 100% of a CPU core when the game is working - no matter whether you're in the race or just doing nothing in the menu. It's emulating a PS. Normally a 2.00 GHz core is easily enough to handle GT1/GT2 at almost 300 FPS, but this time, as long as I was capturing all this stuff, the second core had been working hard too trying to let Camtasia record the video at 50 FPS. And that means the CPU temperature raised highly making the Notebook Hardware Control application slow the laptop down to prevent overheating and shutting down.

i liked those Hi-Res tracks.., the graphics were sooooo smooth when you aply using those tracks.., it's like, "Whoa, it's....so........AWESOME!!!" :D

You can mention the abscense of lights and smoke in hi-res mode - they had to switch it off because PS1 couldn't handle all the stuff at 50 FPS ^^ There were also some minor changes in the sound, but I can't show them, thanks Camtasia.

A.A.Z. I could get the lo-fi or hi-fi to work on my computer could you post photos of those hi res tracks. thanks in advance. :)

A tad off-topic...beware if you get upset by off-topic material. :scared:

Anyways, it's funny...this is how i feel about the "wet" tracks in gT3 and 4. PD develops this great technology, and then you hardly get to do any races on wet tracks. And there's only like 3 wet tracks for each game (instead of many)! And there's no "rain". ....it's always a wet track with no rain! :banghead: And it's not random!

Hell, even my neice's Sims Castaway game has random weather! :dunce:

Anyways, i agree with you on this guys...there should be more hi-res tracks; GT1 in fact did have leftover space on the disc for more memory...i think gT2 on the other hand, was near-max.

Wet course? Anyway that's the SSR11 (GT3) and Tsukuba (GT4), yet?

[ontopic]

I am guessing it for save the disc size.

GT5 better have rain on ALL tracks, maybe even snow as well. Disc space shouldn't be an issue now, they can release it as an update and it will just save into our HDD.

Back