Honda & McLaren 2014 Formula 1

• Thread starter Mr.NSX
  • 461 comments
The latest speculation suggests that the MP4-30 looks very good, but the livery could be a simple black and white design.

Now thats all kinds of bad acting, no career in Hollywood for either of you after F1 :lol:
Vettel is worse... remember drive of the dragon?

in fact, no. I've just remembered Alonso's Fiat 500 ad...

PjpkvR6.gif

Sadly, yes. They will not.

Instead, they will win because Alonso.

Alonso. Alonso. Alonso.

-

Also, because Alonso.

-

Does that Spanish page say the Honda has 70 horses less than the Mercedes motor? Shame.

Still. Alonso.
Who's this Alonso you're referring to?

Really? We're accepting Reddit as a source now?

I never stated that it was entirely reliable source, neither did I claim that it was fact - I merely posted content that gives reason to believe that the McLaren livery will be of the described nature.

If you examine the post, you'll see that Matthew Easton - who is a designer at the team - has apparently given a talk at a University and stated the above. Whether it's legitimate or not, we won't know until the reveal.

Tom
A chap on Reddit seems to believe that the McLaren will be predominantly grey - similar to the West livery of old.

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/2tzwl0/matthew_easton_a_mclaren_design_engineer_just/

When they said white and red livery, I was dreaming of this:
2015-McLaren-Honda-F1-car-597x316-597x316.jpg

But then, possibly silver/grey-West coloured, I really hope there would be a bit of orange colour:
mclarenconcept.jpg

Performance wise, I would go ape if they choose the latter. Now with Honda engine & Fernando onboard, I know what team to root this year. Apartfromredbullandferrari

Sorry to be that guy, but...yuck! :yuck: In my opinion the whole front end of the car looks horrific. It's almost as if it's already been in an accident and a blind man tried to bend it back into shape. That red doesn't work either.

The almost complete lack of sponsors suggests to me that they should have just painted it papaya orange anyway. At least their cars would have stood out.

At least it has some orange/red.... Did they ditch the butterfly wishbones? Looks like it to me. Also there's no beam support for the rear (can always be added).

Untitled-3.jpg

I actually like the look of the car. Not really the best BUT it looks pretty cool!

The livery however... I don't think that is the actual livery... It looks too Merc like...

I like the livery but I don't.
Should've change the Red stripe/line with orange. That's more akin to a Mclaren history but oh well, at least it's not that ugly. Hope it perform well.

Back