Honda & McLaren 2014 Formula 1

• Thread starter Mr.NSX
  • 461 comments
What they should do is paint it orange, or paint the grey bits white, or add the name Fernando/Jenson (depending on which one is driving) written the same way as the West logo was on the side pod.

More pictures can be found here
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/01/29/first-picturesnd-video-mclaren-mp4-30-revealed/

upload_2015-1-29_7-56-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-29_7-56-13.png
    upload_2015-1-29_7-56-13.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2015-1-29_7-56-22.png
    upload_2015-1-29_7-56-22.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 7
Looks more like Vodafone McLaren-Merc...Honda. I guess they still have a few cans of chrome paint kicking about the MTC.

The lack of a sponsor livery may indicate what we are seeing is an interim paintjob. Bruce would have liked the orange bits.

Well, the silver paint is a trademark of the Silver Arrows, the Mercedes. I really don't get it. I sure hope it's just an interim paintjob. At this point I was expecting an orange livery to comply with McLaren's tradition. This reveal has been a total disappointment to me, at least the car itself looks good.

McLaren's tradition is a livery color they haven't used in over 5 decades outside of preseason testing a decade ago?

Not much of a tradition if you ask me.

McLaren's tradition is a livery color they haven't used in over 5 decades outside of preseason testing a decade ago?

Not much of a tradition if you ask me.
I agree, but they could at least abandon the silver. Their engine supplier now is Honda, for Christ's sake.

G6OE6US.jpg

just going to leave this here....
It's really not a great shop... Not at all.

I agree, but they could at least abandon the silver. Their engine supplier now is Honda, for Christ's sake.
Apparently silver is the colour McLaren will use for the 21st century. Or some PRICE spiel.

I'd get used to it if I were you.

It's really not a great shop... Not at all.

Wasn't suppose to be some insane 1337 photoshop, just suppose to show how much better the livery would be if it wasn't almost identical to the Force India and had some personality to it.
I think alot of us where hoping for the old Red and White style livery and even though there was ofc no way to simply do the Marlboro livery, they could have worked with the same colour scheme, given how big a deal moving back to Honda is. Instead we get what looks like a mix between the Vodafone Mclaren and the West Mclaren, with a really ugly nose...

Also, I didn't do the shop, it was posted on Reddit.. just thought I would share seeing as how you guys seemed to be as disappointed as everyone else :P

It's not as pretty as the Lotus, but that's not a bad thing. Great nose, just wish there was more red. From the side it's bleh.

Apparently silver is the colour McLaren will use for the 21st century. Or some PRICE spiel.

I'd get used to it if I were you.
Excuse me but what color is the 650S GT3 painted out of the factory? Mclaren Orange...end of discussion. :P

It looks neat and clean, just what Bruce would want.

28555.jpg

inspired by this:

digital%20thermometers%20ECT-2.jpg

so, when do McLaren reveal the "real" livery? Since I'm following Honda from this year, Guess i'll be wearing a Silver McLaren jacket around town
th

so, when do McLaren reveal the "real" livery? Since I'm following Honda from this year, Guess i'll be wearing a Silver McLaren jacket around town
th
McLaren are in negotiations with Santander, but so far have no series sponsor.

Can't help but dislike this McLaren-Mercedes livery. The red stands out like a sore thumb and the rest is immensely boring. McLaren could have just as easily gone for a distinctive Championship White + Orange or Red, but instead they're a poor man's Force India. Disappointing.

At least the Sauber will be blue.

Back