Hong Kong in GT4P

Haven't tried since it's just that pesky track from lesson 6 ... will try later. Just check for typos, and don't forget to remove your memory card, wheel and everything else from the PS2 when you boot up the game with the codes. Once you did get the track, you can load your savegame again (but recommended to turn off autosave ;) )

Oh, the one with the Alto works?
Bah!
After the first time I tried it and it crashed I did it without a memory card and it still crashed. Well as long as Hong Kong works it's fine. Now i'm just hoping we can get some of the other circuits.

*Hopes*

Originally posted by maskrider
The following video is me driving a Evo VIII in Hong Kong. Not a driving show off as I am not a good driver (in speed).

File size 12.2MBytes, will be available for a few days.

http://felixmcli.org/video/gt4-hk.wmv

I live in Hong Kong, but I will never be able to drive in Tsim Sha Tsui like that in real life, ha ha ! :D

Sweeet..:eek: thank you so much.. I migt just go out and buy myself an AR now...:

Originally posted by Arwin
Yep, I got Hong Kong to work fine with the AR2. :) Very happy!

EDIT: Wow, that video looks great! How did you record it? And is it ok if I have IGN post it up? Then it will be available indefinitely and automatically as Quicktime as well btw.

Just woke up.

Thank you for your effort in bringing the codes here or else I will not be able to play in Hong Kong.

You can upload it to anywhere you want to, I don't mind it being distributed.

I recorded it using my Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB 2 hardware MPEG-2 encoder, then converted it to WMV by TMPGEnc Xpress 3.0.

I only just found out that you could only race with the mem car out when loading the tracks. Hong Kong now works on my Xploder, thanks GTChamp2003 for the codes. :cheers:

EDIT: GTChamp2003, one thing though, 60Hz mode makes the screen too big vertically, i assume the Y-Fix code corrects that. But the Y-Fix XP2 code you submitted just makes the screen blank. Can you make sure you wrote the code down right please. It would be most helpful.

whoa!! wait!!! can we recap......what exsactly do I need to get Hong Kong out of prologue?......Ive got a Japanese PS2 and the chinese prologue.......

omg did you notice all the small details in hong kong!????

look at 1:10 in the background in the shops!! :D
their are ppl going on rollerstairs (no idea about the english
word :D up a floor :D

There called escalators! I just watched the reply vid of Hong Kong on prologue to......I saw the detail to, its amazing!! I have seen in the E3 video of Hong Kong that they have made the water in the habour move......e.g. ripple towards shore, they have made the spectators 3D and also that they have finshed the really tall building on the Hong Kong shore front (think its called the ICS tower).....seeing the vid make me I really want to hack prologue now!!!......But I still wonder why PD put a fully driveable cource on the disk.......put all the data in and then didnt put it properly in the game :confused: :confused:

its beyond me! :lol:

Originally posted by AndreasN
omg did you notice all the small details in hong kong!????

look at 1:10 in the background in the shops!! :D
their are ppl going on rollerstairs (no idea about the english
word :D up a floor :D

Escalator.

robin2223,

The codes are for PAL version of Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, no codes for other versions at the moment.

ok......:( oh well......i'l get the track eventually, when gt4 finally comes out.....and I suppose it will look better than the Prologue build anyway...:)

MASKRIDER IS THE MAN

Your translation screens were printed out and placed with my DFP, most helpful, now this !!!

Hong Kong is as much a complete fantasy as New York. NY's mayor won't let you smoke a cigarette, not likely he'd ever allow race cars to tear up mid town Manhattan!

WTF else is on that GT4P disc?

How can I drive the TA22 Celica against the 70's cars?? (The FairladyZ's too fast)???

Originally posted by eddieturner2002
I only just found out that you could only race with the mem car out when loading the tracks. Hong Kong now works on my Xploder, thanks GTChamp2003 for the codes. :cheers:

EDIT: GTChamp2003, one thing though, 60Hz mode makes the screen too big vertically, i assume the Y-Fix code corrects that. But the Y-Fix XP2 code you submitted just makes the screen blank. Can you make sure you wrote the code down right please. It would be most helpful.

I double checked everything and i didn't make any mistakes.Every code works.I can't help it that the screen gets too big,that's what code does.When using the Y-Fix code put the Vertical Screen Adjustment on 8,that's the best result you'll get.

I just thought of something interesting. Would people without en ar max but with an x-port be able to download and watch the replays?

If so, would anyone please upload a replay file of hongkong or grand canyon north? Not being able to play these tracks, it would be nice for me to see it on my own ps2.

Is there a particular version of Action Replay Max?
I've found it at various prices from £11.49 - £24.99 here;
Are they all the same?

I can maybe justify £11.49,(just about) to myself, but not £25.

Originally posted by PjotrStroganov
I just thought of something interesting. Would people without en ar max but with an x-port be able to download and watch the replays?

If so, would anyone please upload a replay file of hongkong or grand canyon north? Not being able to play these tracks, it would be nice for me to see it on my own ps2.

It would not work because without the codes the replay would show you racing on the New York track. I reccomened that you try to find a cheap ARV2 if you cannot get max.

Originally posted by Blue_Reaper
It would not work because without the codes the replay would show you racing on the New York track. I reccomened that you try to find a cheap ARV2 if you cannot get max.

How would I get to see racing on NY while actual racing was being done on Hongkong? It's not that the ps2 can make up an imaginary session on NY.

There is nothing to lose by posting a replay.

Originally posted by PjotrStroganov
How would I get to see racing on NY while actual racing was being done on Hongkong? It's not that the ps2 can make up an imaginary session on NY.

There is nothing to lose by posting a replay.

Except your self-esteem ... :D

Seriously, if you watch a replay at Hong Kong without activating the New York / Hong Kong swap, you'll get to see a car on New York making a complete fool of himself. The game stores the data from the controller, and the code for the track. But since the code for the track being stored in the savegame is New York, it shows the input for driving on Hong Kong on the New York track.

I'm 100% sure because someone on GTWeb already tested this. ;) Nevertheless, once I've cleaned out my replays again I'll post one here for all the nonbelievers.

Originally posted by Arwin
Except your self-esteem ... :D

Seriously, if you watch a replay at Hong Kong without activating the New York / Hong Kong swap, you'll get to see a car on New York making a complete fool of himself. The game stores the data from the controller, and the code for the track. But since the code for the track being stored in the savegame is New York, it shows the input for driving on Hong Kong on the New York track.

I'm 100% sure because someone on GTWeb already tested this. ;) Nevertheless, once I've cleaned out my replays again I'll post one here for all the nonbelievers.

Aha, thanx for clearing that up.:)

Originally posted by GTChamp2003
I double checked everything and i didn't make any mistakes.Every code works.I can't help it that the screen gets too big,that's what code does.When using the Y-Fix code put the Vertical Screen Adjustment on 8,that's the best result you'll get.

If everything works for you, what Xploder do you use, a V2, because I use a V3. Would that make any difference. Also when using the codes, do you do anything like take the memory card out at certain points etc.?

Originally posted by eddieturner2002

Xploder :D it should work on the v4 pro edition right? Because I just bought it the other day.

Action replay max aswell i hope? Only trouble is I doubt i'll be getting a Max until GT4 so there won't be much point then. :-( Still, there is that small chance.

Without an AR Max, if someone shared there saved game after they applied the code, would I be able to play Hong Kong Track on my Korean Prologue version?

Back