Horizon/Super Spin Thread.

• Thread starter Rob192005
  • 377 comments
Finally, no more lurking in the auction house to get these.

full

full

This is what I got from one of the two super spins I got for reaching the second star, the other one at least had the R8 V10 Plus in it but the cash was similarly low.

Attachments

• Forza Horizon 4 Screenshot 2018.11.15 - 22.01.22.59.png
    Forza Horizon 4 Screenshot 2018.11.15 - 22.01.22.59.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 18
It's not that I need money, but it's nice to win one of this anyway.
30jh188.jpg

Also clothing, emotes and horns are gone in the normal spins for me.... and I like it. I can still see some shoes on the superspins.
Holy unicorn poop!! :eek::eek:

By the way, is there any merit to the theory that the update at the end of the month includes a Wheelspin revamp? I'm sitting on like 110 of them so..

That’s it folks, all 4 colour variations of the biker sets fully completed now. :)

AB8044BD-1F61-4141-A8D0-002EED764934.jpeg

I barely see any more cosmetic items on the wheels either. Just scrolled through all sections of the clothing items and it seems that apart from some PVP rank caps, some artist and tuner clothing items, the only wheelspin items I’m missing are a pair of pink slippers and the disco chicken suit. :)

I assume that disco chicken suit comes from wheelspins as well? Or is it tied to the PVP ranks?

It’s taken me a month or so, but I finally finished unlocking the perks on all 470+ of my cars, starting with the Common cars and working my way up to the Legendary ones. I finished off the stragglers last night, which gave me over 200 wheelspins and I’d say it was worth the effort:

full

full

Because of this, I now have 21 million influence and 66 million credits, and these will grow even more as I go after the cars that I don’t own yet. :)

It’s taken me a month or so, but I finally finished unlocking the perks on all 470+ of my cars, starting with the Common cars and working my way up to the Legendary ones. I finished off the stragglers last night, which gave me over 200 wheelspins and I’d say it was worth the effort:

Because of this, I now have 21 million influence and 66 million credits, and these will grow even more as I go after the cars that I don’t own yet. :)

Jesus, how many skill points did that require? I know it's fairly easy to get 10 in a short space of time but grinding them out is seriously boring.

Jesus, how many skill points did that require? I know it's fairly easy to get 10 in a short space of time but grinding them out is seriously boring.

According to my stats, I’ve earned exactly 17,959 skill points. I got in my BMW M6 FE, went to airstrip, and grinded away. Takes roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach 999 skill points with this method.

And yes, skill point farming can get boring, so I listened to YouTube videos in the background. But when I really needed a break, I just did some races and Forzathon Live until I was in the mood to go at it again.

Last edited:
I got two wheelspin-exclusive cars and the chicken suit all in the same wheelspin session.

Have they made wheelspins land on better prizes less with a recent update? When I land on credits I’m almost always receiving between 5 to 20k, pathetic amounts really. The recent cars I’ve won have been duplicate MX-5s and Clios that I’ve already won from prior wheelspins.

It’s either got harder or I’m on a 50-60 spin streak of bad luck...

@boiltheocean I think it's because cosmetics seem to be replaced with common cash and cars when you unlock them, so your odds of getting crap cash and cars increase while rare or better don't change. When you consider that it seems like rare or better cosmetics are all replaced with common cash and cars, your odds of rare or better results overall drop - so the longer you play, the worse wheelspins seem.

I thought they'd tweaked the odds a while ago too but if you pay attention to what's on the wheel as it spins over a long period of time you'll notice all the not-green clothes, emotes and horns you used to see are just green cash and cars now. Obviously there's no way we can know for sure until it's confirmed by PG staff but I think that's what's happening.

This may just be confirmation bias but it also seems to skew the results of a spin so you're more likely to get 6-figure cash prizes when you have under a million banked, I feel like you can earn 1-2 million quite quickly until you get up to 3-4 million and then it starts to slow down considerably. Then again, last time I played I started at 40k in the bank, opened maybe seven wheelspins and had 90k at the end.

Edit: most obviously, the more cars you own, the more likely you are to get duplicates. This is especially annoying when you have all but 30 or so Autoshow cars but there are still some wheelspin exclusives you're missing, like the 2005 NSX-R... In any case, no matter how you look at it, wheelspins become far less useful the more you play until it gets to the point where your garage is full and it keeps giving you cars you already have and don't want.

@neema_t Removing duplicates from the garage that you don't need is definitely a chore. I have been getting a lot of garbage from Wheelspins lately (I do have a fair amount of money, but I don't think it has affected the credits I'm getting).

I don't think I've ever won a 10 million dollar car in the (at least a) thousand spins I've done so far. I do only have a few Wheelspin exclusives to go at least - the '79 Camaro I finally got not too long ago. I believe I'm only missing the '18 Cayenne,'95 GT-R LM, '12 Mini JCW GP and of course...the Taxi.

I do also agree that the green (cash/cars) spaces on the Wheelspins seem to have increased as you win an increasing number of the clothing/emotes. I feel like they definitely should have retained their status (a rare/epic/legendary clothing or emote should be equivalent to the money value of those spots).

Last edited:
Had a pretty good day today: A second 911 GT3 RS 4.0, Iron Knight and - on the very next spin - the 300 SLR! Then just before I turned it off I got a second Alfa 8C, so between that and the Porsche the game basically gifted me 600k plus whatever they might sell for in the marketplace. Which is handy, because I bought the 288 GTO which wiped out all my money.

Ugh, how obnoxious... So I opened four spins just now, 'earned' through idling a 24/7 stream on Mixer. All four narrowly skipped over epic or legendary things (including a 1M bonus) to give me less than 10k credits instead, one even landed between two legendary cars to give me 2k!

I used 5 wheelspins to get:

25,000 Cr.

Each spin gave me 5,000 each. :boggled:
Don't know if I should be happy or sad that I was consistent.

Back