Horizon Zero DawnPS4 

When it comes to reviews, I trust this guy the most:

He thinks the The Witcher 3, MGSV, Arkham Knight and any soulsborne game isn't worth playing but thinks Mad Max is incredible.

It's funny watching him destroy games that are genuinely bad but often he'll rip into a game that is widely regarded as great when he's only played it for 3/4 hours at most, what baffles me is his dislike for Horizon when in many ways it feels like Far Cry which he admits is one of his favourite videogame series of all time.

ACG is one of my favourite reviewers, he goes into a lot of detail while trying to avoid being so hyperbolic in his opinions.

Last edited:
He thinks the The Witcher 3, MGSV, Arkham Knight and any soulsborne game isn't worth playing but thinks Mad Max is incredible.

It's funny watching him destroy games that are genuinely bad but often he'll rip into a game that is widely regarded as great when he's only played it for 3/4 hours at most, what baffles me is his dislike for Horizon when in many ways it feels like Far Cry which he admits is one of his favourite videogame series of all time.

ACG is one of my favourite reviewers, he goes into a lot of detail while trying to avoid being so hyperbolic in his opinions.
Sounds like why I can't listen to the "Yahtzee" idiot :lol:

Which machines can I now override after beating the first Cauldron (answer in spoilers tag if you can)?

I can't remember if this is how I checked, but if you've done the first cauldron, check your quests list and it should list them for you.

Edit. No it doesn't. Instead you go to your notebook and check the ones you've seen. It tells you what you unlock them with.

Grazer, Scrapper, Lancehorn and Sawtooth

Last edited:
Beat the game over the weekend, and all I have to do now is gather everything I missed and help those in need. It was well worth the wait, and I'm so onboard for DLC and a sequel that I've already mentally stored away money. :lol:

I can't remember if this is how I checked, but if you've done the first cauldron, check your quests list and it should list them for you.

Edit. No it doesn't. Instead you go to your notebook and check the ones you've seen. It tells you what you unlock them with.

Grazer, Scrapper, Lancehorn and Sawtooth

Thanks mate

Just bought the game and looking forward to playing it once its downloaded.

Just a tip, but as you do the main story keep an eye out for things called "Power Cells". You will need them to unlock a very special item at the end of the game.

Beat the game over the weekend, and all I have to do now is gather everything I missed and help those in need. It was well worth the wait, and I'm so onboard for DLC and a sequel that I've already mentally stored away money. :lol:

I wouldn't mind DLC based on Sylens. Not so much during his time with the Eclipse but regarding the after-credits scene, when you see that he harnessed a remnants of HADES. Probably to seek more knowledge of the ancient world, as he overlooks a Ruins never before seen in the game, i think. In fact, in some ways Sylens is still a pretty mysterious character.

Or perhaps DLC based on Rost's adventure hunting down those outlanders who killed his daughter. Though I'm not sure how they would that, as Rost spanned not only areas accessible in-game, but some place called "Forbidden West" which isn't accessible, because it's far off the map to the West.

And... funny enough I totally forgot about Rost and the slow beginning sequence as I was exploring the world lol. But it explains the intro sequence, when infant Aloy was handed to Rost for him to raise. As we know that by then, Rost was made an outcast by choice, the Mothers know that Rost lost his daughter, and that Aloy was perceived as an outcast since birth.

can't be the only one who thought of this

pAPaPj6.jpg

Last edited:
Man I'm loving this game, changed my approach and am focusing now on traps and the ropecaster instead of the bows, combat is super awesome.

The story is starting to get interesting now, need to stop getting distracted by the visuals.

I wouldn't mind DLC based on Sylens. Not so much during his time with the Eclipse but regarding the after-credits scene, when you see that he harnessed a remnants of HADES. Probably to seek more knowledge of the ancient world, as he overlooks a Ruins never before seen in the game, i think. In fact, in some ways Sylens is still a pretty mysterious character.

Or perhaps DLC based on Rost's adventure hunting down those outlanders who killed his daughter. Though I'm not sure how they would that, as Rost spanned not only areas accessible in-game, but some place called "Forbidden West" which isn't accessible, because it's far off the map to the West.

And... funny enough I totally forgot about Rost and the slow beginning sequence as I was exploring the world lol. But it explains the intro sequence, when infant Aloy was handed to Rost for him to raise. As we know that by then, Rost was made an outcast by choice, the Mothers know that Rost lost his daughter, and that Aloy was perceived as an outcast since birth.

A friend of mine pointed this out and despite paying so much attention to the story, it actually blew my mind a little bit:

For how intelligent Sylens wants to be, he's incredibly stupid and is turning into the second coming of Ted Faro. Before everything is made clear you can sympathize with him a little (though he's still an outright dick) as Ted royally screwed everyone by destroying APOLLO because he didn't want their (his!) sins being repeated.

Yet, here we are anyway.

A friend of mine pointed this out and despite paying so much attention to the story, it actually blew my mind a little bit:

For how intelligent Sylens wants to be, he's incredibly stupid and is turning into the second coming of Ted Faro. Before everything is made clear you can sympathize with him a little (though he's still an outright dick) as Ted royally screwed everyone by destroying APOLLO because he didn't want their (his!) sins being repeated.

Yet, here we are anyway.

He's very curious about the ancient world. After all, he spent decades unraveling Old World knowledge, going so far as to awake the ancient machine that's presumed to be HADES. Then Aloy comes along and expedites not only his journey to learn the truth, but pretty much doing the work for him. He was listening in on Aloy's Focus, he copied Sobeck's notes, he basically points Aloy the way, coaches Aloy to keep going, and so on. He didn't even show himself in physical form until he had to, and even that was sparingly. Who knows what he was doing, where he was. But we had to play along, since he was the only one who knows what he was doing. We didn't have to trust him. And then, when he learned enough, he suddenly departs, leaving Aloy to fight off HADES. No support in the final battle, just waiting to gain remnants of HADES, once the aftermath blew over. Aloy was a little ignorant missing this.

Honestly I think Sylens is still influenced from his time with the Eclipse. Remember when you talked to him before you left GAIA Prime? he said that we would do it again if he could. I'm sure that he knows that HADES is a bad apple and obviously a threat to all life on earth, ever since HADES put a kill order on him. But it's not like if Sylens wanted to rid of HADES completely. Sylens needed to know more about the Old World, his life basically depended on it. His time with Aloy made him learn that there's still more to know from the threat, in spite of the threat being so close to wiping all life. Though I think Sylens knows this much: he probably won't try to resurrect HADES again. But who's to say he will do anything to learn the truth?

Another bit I found odd is the manner which he captured HADES into that lantern. From that alone, Sylens knew that Aloy will be able to kill HADES, but not enough to wipe him out. The Master Override was just that, an override. Didn't mean HADES is dead. Sylens capturing HADES like that was almost black magic, out of all the things we saw thus far in the game. Can't help but think how in the world Sylens did it.

I picked up this game recently and I love it, even if just for the visuals. It's one of the best looking games that I've played. Besides that though, I'm hooked, it's a pretty damn addicting game and there is plenty to do. The story has been very interesting, too, keeping me wanting to find out more and more on the backstory. Pleasantly surprised with this game.

The negative, and this reflects on my skills and not necessarily the game, is that the combat is tough. I turned it down to easy difficulty, but I find it still pretty hard. I need to try different approaches, probably. Those bird things (forget the name) are annoying to fight, they just circle me while I struggle to aim and hit them. I'll figure it out.

@SPhilli911 The "bird things" are probably Glinthawks, I used the ropecaster whenever I encountered them, after the first hit they lose their agility, after another 2 they crash to the ground and you can land a critical hit with the spear on them.

@SPhilli911 The "bird things" are probably Glinthawks, I used the ropecaster whenever I encountered them, after the first hit they lose their agility, after another 2 they crash to the ground and you can land a critical hit with the spear on them.
Yes, Glinthawks! Thank you. To be fair, my first encounter with them was on the peak of a mountain with little room to run around, so I was bombarded with their attacks. Since then I found them to be tolerable and easier to handle.

That bigger bird thing on the other hand... :lol:

Yes, Glinthawks! Thank you. To be fair, my first encounter with them was on the peak of a mountain with little room to run around, so I was bombarded with their attacks. Since then I found them to be tolerable and easier to handle.

That bigger bird thing on the other hand... :lol:
Yeah, it's best to avoid Stormbirds. :D

Oh those Stormbirds. Is that what that was. The laser beam that came high in the sky when I had my encounter with the Thunderjaw and Sawtooth during the night. I thought the laser things or some sort of drone came off the Thunderjaw.

Oh and you've got to be freaking kidding me... Deathbringers?!

I don't know if I can post videos, in case say me and I'll delete this post.

Anyway, about Stormbirds I recorded a vid of the kill of the one during main quest. Not my first kill as I encountered another in a side quest. Here it is the main quest one:

This instead is my very first kill on a Thunderjaw at the very first attempt. I didn't know the right tactic as I never read a guide, so I was completely blind:

Both on "Normal" difficulty. Hope you enjoy.

God! They're really making you work for these damn power cells. If I had known where they were I could have picked them up. Now I have to travel to a lot of old places.

Back