How deep is the customization?

Is the level of customization going to be better than previous games? I'm referring more to body mods and wheels, the viynals never really seem to be an issue for me.

As far as we know all that stays pretty much the same, I'm sure we'll find out exactly what's changed tomorrow, no tuning though :(

Judging by the list of wheels I saw in one video, the rims looks to be exactly the same. Most bodies are the same aswell, but havnt really seen much on most cars.

The Roush bumpers have been dropped from the Boss 302 in the first round of DLC.

I suspect there might be an expansion for styling mods, or at least some included in the rally pack. Mudflaps, extra lights and snorkels would be epic.

Well that sucks no new rims and still no white paint

What I'm wondering is if cars that had front Forza splitters, do they still have headlight covers? I would hope not.. I would love my z432 to have a splitter, but retain its original headlights.

Maybe the new rims unlock later? I thought there would be new rims for sure.

Seems unlikely, although I'm hoping that its not. Although, everysingle video I've seen really never went through the whole rim list. So maybe its a possibility, but I've seen nothing of it from people that have the game.

My wife just rented this for me. She said they only ordered 2 so luckily she got there early enough to pick it up. Thats rare for them to only order 2 of a game. Regardless I should be playing it tonight.

My wife just rented this for me. She said they only ordered 2 so luckily she got there early enough to pick it up. Thats rare for them to only order 2 of a game. Regardless I should be playing it tonight.

Lucky you, if my girlfriend saw a game I wanted, she would probably do everything she can to keep me from it. lol

What I'm wondering is if cars that had front Forza splitters, do they still have headlight covers? I would hope not.. I would love my z432 to have a splitter, but retain its original headlights.

Are there Forza aero parts in Horizon? No setup changes would make me think there wasn't, can someone confirm if there is Forza Aero parts or not?

Are there Forza aero parts in Horizon? No setup changes would make me think there wasn't, can someone confirm if there is Forza Aero parts or not?

Yeah there are. Already seen a couple of photos with cars that have the aero. There was a video I saw yesterday by gameverb and they where fixing up a new mini and the only aero options it had was the Forza front, and spoiler.

^ Thats a good question. I know they said there will not be anywhere near as much customization as Forza 4. Just dont know exactly what was removed. Which is fine, I didnt expect everything from F4 to carry over.

Someone should make a list of the items we can not customize in Horizon compared to F4.

@Fezz and @Camaroboy

It goes through everything. Im about 2 minutes in and it showed the Forza Aero already.

Wow, does the RX-8 sound that bad in FM4? :lol: I know it's rotary and everything but! I hope it's just the video. :) Skip to 17:33 and you'll know what I mean. It's like the samples they've built the sound of were very "un-seamless", if you understand what I mean! Like 12 different engine tones played one after another without any kind of mixing. Am I the only one hearing this? :lol:

wait till you hear the 2jz in the supra....or 86;) best sound in any game. period. and you can paint wheels white. paint them matte white, theyl still look greyish in the paint booth but when you leave they are a bright white. also strip your interior(full lightwieght) for the best, rawest car sounds.

wait till you hear the 2jz in the supra....or 86;) best sound in any game. period. and you can paint wheels white. paint them matte white, theyl still look greyish in the paint booth but when you leave they are a bright white. also strip your interior(full lightwieght) for the best, rawest car sounds.
I learned about that trick very early in F4 and it works very well. Also if you buy the largest cam and headers, both of those also improve the car audio in F4. Not sure if that still works in Horizon.

For whatever reason, changing the muffler never made a difference in the audio on F4. :confused: Not sure if thats resolved yet in Horizon.

I tried it on the old boss mustang 429 and it did not get the headlight covers, but a nice splitter. Looked good.

So far only a few hours into Horizon, and no ability to tune. You can upgrade your cars like FM4, but so far can't make adjustments. Maybe and unlock down the road. Odd decision, have not tried the paint, but seeing as the cars look quite downgraded from FM4, the decals could end up being more pixilated than FM4.

Tuning has been confirmed not to be in the game since it was announced.
Exactly. You can swap parts to improve performance, but there is no tuning. Which is fine with me, its a more casual laid back open world racing game. 👍

Back