How Im suppose to get 20 million price tag cars?

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 266 comments
I'm not personally that taken with any of them in theory, but now I'll need one for GTLeague, I've decided to up my game.

I've got up to about 10 million since the weekend, mostly using the rubber band technique (7 hours whilst I'm at work + 7 hours while I'm sleeping = about 3,000,000), and completing a bunch of arcade races and GT League events I hadn't done. I'm not sure if the premium sports/Alpine A110 method still works, but that was hilarious, so I might do that a couple of times too. Should have the required credits at the weekend.

The decision to buy the Ferrari 330 P4 was easier for me when I realized I don't really need the credits for anything else. I sold some Vulcans and have put in a hundred plus miles every day since and am now back up to 6 million. Other than more of the expen$ive cars and potentially useless VGT cars, there aren't any cars I really want.

Oh and an FYI, when you enter an arcade race with the Ferrari, you are matched with only Ferraris. I had mistakenly thought I'd see some Jags.

Almost got a 20 Million car today, well, the chances were extremely high.
In the Dailly workout were 2 20 Million cars (330 P4 and XJ13) and one 15 Million car (Shelby Daytona) with an Audi TT Gr4.

With my luck I got the Audi.

This makes me think about it, in the past 2 Weeks I had at least 7 times a 20 million car in there.
Should I buy the car that I want for 20 Million, or should I rather wait until I get really lucky (for once)?

I'm an actual casual player unlike that psycho who posted earlier with almost 100 days of driving time alone. I've never rubber banded but did grind to 20M by racing the professional "Premium Sports Car Lounge" races with an underpowered car with a N rating well below everyone else, clean race bonuses etc. I also had no clue there was a 20M cap and figured it out after i didn't get the winnings after I achieved 20M credits. I also didn't really spend any money until I hit 20M. After that, I spent around 7M on cars and as the updates came I bought expensive cars like the W08, 787B etc. I do not play Sport mode although I did and hated it. I work 12 hours a day and really can only dedicate any time to the game on weekends but I do the daily workout pretty regularly hoping to win a 20M car. However, I've only seen those cars in the spin 2 different times but didn't win them. I was going to just wait to win one but the more cars they add to the game, the smaller your chances. So decided to bite the bullet and am now working on getting the 330 P4 and am currently a few million short. But I can make that in a few hours by grinding if I really dedicated the time for it.

Cliff notes - Be frugal, grind occasionally, be patient. It's just a game.

Stats 1.jpg

Stats 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not looking for fast rewards, I've been playing the offline game since the beginning with very little spent, and still only have $10M. That's just stupid IMO.

Didn't say you were this kinda player.

However, they are out there.

And since the 20mi cars are nothing beside collectibles to brag about, and take pictures and apply custom liveries those guys just want to keep up with the Joneses in the Gran Turismo social media environment.

And since the 20mi cars are nothing beside collectibles to brag about, and take pictures and apply custom liveries those guys just want to keep up with the Joneses in the Gran Turismo social media environment.

Citation needed, you do know like any other car on the game you can race them right?

I'm an actual casual player unlike that psycho who posted earlier with almost 100 days of driving time alone. I've never rubber banded but did grind to 20M by racing the professional "Premium Sports Car Lounge" races with an underpowered car with a N rating well below everyone else, clean race bonuses etc. I also had no clue there was a 20M cap and figured it out after i didn't get the winnings after I achieved 20M credits. I also didn't really spend any money until I hit 20M. After that, I spent around 7M on cars and as the updates came I bought expensive cars like the W08, 787B etc. I do not play Sport mode although I did and hated it. I work 12 hours a day and really can only dedicate any time to the game on weekends but I do the daily workout pretty regularly hoping to win a 20M car. However, I've only seen those cars in the spin 2 different times but didn't win them. I was going to just wait to win one but the more cars they add to the game, the smaller your chances. So decided to bite the bullet and am now working on getting the 330 P4 and am currently a few million short. But I can make that in a few hours by grinding if I really dedicated the time for it.

Cliff notes - Be frugal, grind occasionally, be patient. It's just a game.

View attachment 764161
View attachment 764162

Compare that though to mine which outside of about 3-4 million of grinding has been just playing the game how I want to.

52E04070-3AB3-4E71-B69C-48F6CC0881FA.jpeg

3548E17D-B4A4-4FA6-A547-F3A801CE6BAF.jpeg

Note how it’s taken me double the time and double the distance to get the money that already took you ages to get. The payouts are just so poor in a lot of cases, as you can see between days 60 and 120 where I barely make over 5 million credits in 2 whole months of playing.

Could somebody enlighten me on how you can win an endurance race with 20 oponents using a rubber band? I know i can do 2nd place if its a 2 car race but how do you win against a whole field using the rubber band method?

Yeah I get that but how can you beat cars from gr3 in a N300 using rubber banding? Thats at least what im reading here or am I getting this wrong?

The video shows 20 oponents for the race, thats what I dont get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I get that but how can you beat cars from gr3 in a N300 using rubber banding? Thats at least what im reading here or am I getting this wrong?

The video shows 20 oponents for the race, thats what I dont get.

An 845bhp McLaren F1 is about as far away from N300 (while still being an N) as you can get.

You don't win with rubber banding, your car rides the wall all the way around and you get points and credits. You only want 2 cars in the race, not 20.

I was fortunate i won the 330p4 on the roulette wheel and with the nostalgic race at Le mans i can make 240,000 credits every 7 minutes so i just saved for the others.My advice is do Blue Moon Bay in an underpowered car save 15 million credits then buy the Daytona (cheapest car for nostalgic race) and the 20 million cars will come easy.
20180907131956.jpg

Last edited:
You don't win with rubber banding, your car rides the wall all the way around and you get points and credits. You only want 2 cars in the race, not 20.

You can win providing you go for a car that can lap quick enough even when wall-riding. You get a smaller pay off because you're in a better car, but that's offset by the fact you're beating more cars. If that video posted works out, it's about 90,000 bigger payout for winning N800 vs 19 Gr.3's, than for N200 vs 1 Gr.1 car... and it'll accumulate mileage faster.

Assuming my theory that you don't get a payout if you drop too far behind is accurate - making sure you win might negate that problem and allow for longer sessions.

You can win providing you go for a car that can lap quick enough even when wall-riding. You get a smaller pay off because you're in a better car, but that's offset by the fact you're beating more cars. If that video posted works out, it's about 90,000 bigger payout for winning N800 vs 19 Gr.3's, than for N200 vs 1 Gr.1 car... and it'll accumulate mileage faster.

Assuming my theory that you don't get a payout if you drop too far behind is accurate - making sure you win might negate that problem and allow for longer sessions.

High probability of getting shunted off track when racing more cars, or racing with a much faster car than computer.

Picking an N400 vs Gr 1 has never failed for me. Trying a < N300 vs other cars has a much higher failure rate. So slow the Gr1 car hits them every so often.

If you go off track and spin against the wall for hours, the game will only give you mileage points and zero credits, even with the setting that tells it to replace cars that go off track. Racing 20 cars does similar, even if you pick yourself as Gr1 and them as crap cars.

I was fortunate i won the 330p4 on the roulette wheel and with the nostalgic race at Le mans i can make 240,000 credits every 7 minutes so i just saved for the others.My advice is do Blue Moon Bay in an underpowered car save 15 million credits then buy the Daytona (cheapest car for nostalgic race) and the 20 million cars will come easy. View attachment 764343
How do you get 240k?

How do you get 240k?

160k + 80k for clean race, 240k in total

X-Bow on BMB grind makes you around 218k for the same time period as Nostalgic race, so this method will make you more money while actually offering more variety in courses, since all of the races in Nostalgic are relatively short

Anyone know how to get the Toyota 2000GT race car? I don't even see it available.

There is no 2000GT race car in the game. The cars you see in "Possible opponents" section of Nostalgic races are only acting as backmarkers and just regular cars with classic liveries

That's the problem. I think the new Nostalgic challenge requires such a car.

Yeah, it does. The thing is that GT league event only came out with the last update. Until very recently, there were no need to get any of the 20mi cars to complete anything.

Citation needed, you do know like any other car on the game you can race them right?

I do. lol My point is: as far as I know, the high rollers vehicles are never required on Sport Mode. So, when it comes to the online portion, they are for online lobbies only. And even so, for One Make races. Which may not be the most exciting thing. Just like getting 100% in GT league is not the main goal for the majority of players. Then the cars lose their "utility".

That argument that they are just trophy car goes out the window when you need them to compete in certain events....

Yeah. Again, it's a brand new offline event. And again, completing the GT League 100% is not what many players do seek achieving. So... you can say it's not super needed.

Yeah, it does. The thing is that GT league event only came out with the last update. Until very recently, there were no need to get any of the 20mi cars to complete anything.

I do. lol My point is: as far as I know, the high rollers vehicles are never required on Sport Mode. So, when it comes to the online portion, they are for online lobbies only. And even so, for One Make races. Which may not be the most exciting thing. Just like getting 100% in GT league is not the main goal for the majority of players. Then the cars lose their "utility".

Yeah. Again, it's a brand new offline event. And again, completing the GT League 100% is not what many players do seek achieving. So... you can say it's not super needed.
Well I don't play GTS for Sport Mode or GT league either, so...

High probability of getting shunted off track when racing more cars, or racing with a much faster car than computer.

Picking an N400 vs Gr 1 has never failed for me. Trying a < N300 vs other cars has a much higher failure rate. So slow the Gr1 car hits them every so often.

If you go off track and spin against the wall for hours, the game will only give you mileage points and zero credits, even with the setting that tells it to replace cars that go off track. Racing 20 cars does similar, even if you pick yourself as Gr1 and them as crap cars.

Fair enough. Last night, and todays session were done N100 vs Gr2 (no increase in payout to go to Gr.1). No contact as yet. Pays 1,520,000 for 7 hours.

You're actually wrong with regards to that being the quickest way to grind credits now - if you already have a 20 mllion car you can grind the Nostalgic 1979 Race 2 for 250k in 7 minutes.
Tried this with my 330 P4, only got 240k. Do I have to de-tune or something to get the full 250k?

Back