How in the Frank Bruno did Forza III do it?

• Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Hard Drivin'?

4D sports driving/Stunts.

I believe the engine was later used to create Hard Drivin but not sure about that.

👍 Great game, just thought I should point that out. Even thought it used the same interior for every car haha.

I didn't remember that... I just remembered how awesome it was to be in the cockpit and the drivers head even turned (although it was kind of hard to get used to)...

And that track editor.... man that was sweet... MASSIVE AIR!!!!

I think your missing the point he was making. Obviously PD make money out of GT but it isn't their main objective. The main objective for PD is to make a top quality racing game and of course by doing so they make alot of money. However this wasn't the case for Turn 10. For starters they ignored their main fanbase and changed FM3 to appeal to the casual racers because they thought this would increase sales. Also I wished they had spent more time fixing the bugs than releasing DLC.
I didn't miss any point. He thinks PD are "gods" and put all their money into their game & that Turn10 are just for profit. I have no doubt T10 have nothing but profit on their mind, but I guarantee you PD does as do Sony as well. PD aren't just making GT5 so we all have a game to play; they want money, too.
Just an observation but would you defend Turn 10 as much as you do if they weren't from the USA? I have many friends from the US and one thing I notice about americans is they don't like to admit that another country can do something better. Lets be honest any country will struggle to compete against Japan for many reasons. The people of Japan are very clever, workholics, well educated. No coincidence that the very best always comes from Japan.
Take this BS & stick it where the sun don't shine. I mean, really, this is your argument now?

Where these developers come from doesn't concern me in the slightest. T10 could come from Slovakia, & PD could be from Canada, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Go stereotype elsewhere if this is how you want to debate.
When I played FM3 they had a few fixes for the game. Not all were liked by the fans but some things had to be sacrificed in order to fix other things.
They, T10, think or know that fans just want more and more cars, which even this forum proves, so they release more cars and let the errors stay. New cars sort of keep the game fresh, error fixes, like dash and visual fixes, don't really do that IMO.
Hence why I said, "For a while". I agree they just give us cars & seem to be ignoring the online racing.

There is no denying that T10 has cut corners on the car models at times, but I'm still driving 3 cars I owned in the past with fully funtional cockpit instruments in FM3. That's the beautiful thing for me, to look at those cockpits and put those cool aero and mechanical upgrades I only wished I could afford when I owned those cars. Can't do that in GT5, those cars are Standard car models. 👎

Last edited:
I didn't miss any point. He thinks PD are "gods" and put all their money into their game & that Turn10 are just for profit. I have no doubt T10 have nothing but profit on their mind, but I guarantee you PD does as do Sony as well. PD aren't just making GT5 so we all have a game to play; they want money, too.

Take this BS & stick it where the sun don't shine. I mean, really, this is your argument now?

Where these developers come from doesn't concern me in the slightest. T10 could come from Slovakia, & PD could be from Canada, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Go stereotype elsewhere if this is how you want to debate.

Hence why I said, "For a while". I agree they just give us cars & seem to be ignoring the online racing.

Dumb american,just an opinion but seriously more of the same?,well I own an apology to SlipZtrEm,ha wasn't the Forza fan.

Mclaren is the Forza fan,he truly is,not critic points or reasonable posting just bulling posts(like this one)but seriously, questioning out everything that is fact or making an huge mock of opinions is not fair posting,devedander and other members post reasonable post or give their opinions but the post from Mclaren are always bulling,to be honest and to be fair we sometimes found problematic people who just create chaos in places,discuss is fundamental in forums but bulling isn't,and to be fair again I hope you can receive my apologies SlipZtrEm and accept them :) .

Edit:

And since the post has been reported I also ask you to check Mclaren post,hope you be fair moderators :) .

Dumb american,just an opinion but seriously more of the same?,well I own an apology to SlipZtrEm,ha wasn't the Forza fan.
I knew you would slip up eventually. Post reported.

As for the rest of your post, don't be mad because you make it easy for me * others to debunk your "theories". As another member said, take your shoddy English somewhere else.

I do read the contest but seriously even devedander make reasonable post,not bulling post,I hope you guys get my point if you check another Mclaren posts.

Please stop making this personal. If you have trouble understanding, that's fine, I don't profess to have a good command over your first language. But you're starting a flame war and that is not a good thing. I'm only saying this because English is my second language, and if I'm not sure about saying something because of not understanding the discussion properly, I don't. I take my time and think it through...

Last edited:
I do read the contest but seriously even devedander make reasonable post,not bulling post,I hope you guys get my point if you check another Mclaren posts.
That's why 2-3 other members have agreed with me that your theories on the cockpit view in standard cars make no sense, right? As I've said in the past, at least someone like Ten. D & even fresh make a much more compelling argument than someone who decides that a straight forward response is actually the exact opposite.

With that, who are you to talk about bullying & being fair, and then call me a "dumb american". Where are you from that's so high & mighty then?
My posts may be aggressive & "bullying", I can always admit that, but at least I have never decided to take a person's country of origin & insult them because of it.

This whole, "be fair" nonsense out of you is annoying & needs to be ignored because you're anything but "fair" in your arguments.

They actually did for a while there b/c they listened to the community unlike PD who ignored us until GT5 finally got around.

I'm sure PD do listen to the fans and what they have to say. I think you mean PD don't communicate with the fans. To listen to someone you don't have to acknowledge the fact you are indeed listening.

“[A Polyphony rep said that] the only reason crash damage exists in the game is because of mountains of requests they’ve received from American gamers. The vast majority of content requests they get from European and Asian players is for more authentic cars and tracks.

“Only Americans, it seems, are fixated on busting up their virtual vehicles.” Although one might argue that crash damage adds to the authenticity of the cars and tracks.

The newspaper columnist adds that according to Polyphony’s research, “most players who want to see realistic damage - including issues that affects performance and handling - end up turning it off after just a few races.” How ironic.

T10 like to communicate with the fans which is a good thing as people like yourself feel as though your voices are being heard, I like this way too, but as you said......

I agree they just give us cars & seem to be ignoring the online racing.

Then are we not in a similar annoying situation we find ourselves in with PD? The feeling of being ignored?

That's why 2-3 other members have agreed with me that your theories on the cockpit view in standard cars make no sense, right?

With that, who are you to talk about bullying & being fair, and then call me a "dumb american". Where are you from that's so high & mighty then?
My posts may be aggressive & "bullying", I can always admit that, but at least I have never decided to take a person's country of origin & insult them because of it.

This whole, "be fair" nonsense out of you is annoying & needs to be ignored because you're anything but "fair" in your arguments.

Don't misunderstand the term "dumb american",I don't mean that all americans are "dumbs"but certain amount of them(so call red necks)who really make nonsense of their opinions or topics as such,while there is americans that can make reasonable arguments,even discuss the topics really well but sadly there is a certain amount of people who don't appeal to reason,when you say 2 or 3 members who contradict my theory,well they are reasonable and appeal to sense,not bulling posts.

Then are we not in a similar annoying situation feel find ourselves in with PD? The feeling of being ignored?
As I said, until GT5, PD didn't seem intent on taking what the fans said into account. Thus, I would have agreed.

However, since PD seem intent on released different online races during Prologue, they've shown that what we say does seem to matter. Unfortunately, T10 only seem to like communicating to us by teasing new cars & don't seem to care about talking about the online.

But, I also blame this on their PR folks. Che & others have this notion of ignoring good questions or banning those who demand an answer.

Don't misunderstand the term "dumb american",I don't mean that all americans are "dumbs"but certain amount of them(so call red necks)who really make nonsense of their opinions or topics as such,while there is americans that can make reasonable arguments,even discuss the topics really well but sadly there is a certain amount of people who don't appeal to reason,when you say 2 or 3 members who contradict my theory,well they are reasonable and appeal to sense,not bulling posts.
Don't you dare try to tell me I misunderstood you.

Being American had nothing to do with my post, yet you made it quite clear I was a "dumb" one. If you didn't actually mean anything American by it, you wouldn't have said, "dumb american".

And this whole, "I meant rednecks by dumb americans" just ticks me even more. So I'm now a redneck when you mean dumb americans. Why? Because I'm from Texas? 👎

Last edited:
Don't misunderstand the term "dumb American", I don't mean that all Americans are "dumb" but certain amount of them (so call red necks)who really make nonsense of their opinions or topics as such, while there is Americans that can make reasonable arguments, even discuss the topics really well but sadly there is a certain amount of people who don't appeal to reason, when you say 2 or 3 members who contradict my theory, well they are reasonable and appeal to sense, not bulling posts.

OK I guess thinking things through is overrated. :drool:

Cost of a laptop, $1000+, cost of ADSL2 broadband service $100p/m, reading the quoted post. Priceless! :lol:

EDIT: akiraacecombat, that's very discriminatory man, joking aside, it's not cool at all.

Last edited:
Don't you dare try to tell me I misunderstood you.

Being American had nothing to do with my post, yet you made it quite clear I was a "dumb" one. If you didn't actually mean anything American by it, you wouldn't have said, "dumb american".

And this whole, "I meant rednecks by dumb americans" just ticks me even more. So I'm now a redneck when you mean dumb americans. Why? Because I'm from Texas? 👎

No because you are from texas,either saying that texas people are dumb,I know people that live there and trust me while there is people that is smart,there are other people who make no sense of the things,like bullies and so on,if you life there you know,but I am deviating form the whole point because anything you say will take away the quality of your posts,if you express an opinion using sense,and reason not bulling is valid,but you do stuff like I just did appeal to non sense and rant about it.

The moderators will see the post that you made as well and they will get my point,not being racist but to show how a post against you will looks like,if you are smart and reasonable,be but don't be pedantic or a bullye,you will just get the same results that you (maybe) get on Forza forums.

The moderators will see the post that you made as well and they will get my point,not being racist but to show how a post against you will looks like,if you are smart and reasonable,be but don't be pedantic or a bullye,you will just get the same results that you (maybe) get on Forza forums.
Just stop. There was nothing smart & reasonable about calling me a "dumb american", and none of the moderators here let people say such things just to make a point.

Akiraa, STOP. You have one too far in several of your posts, and if a mod reads this and you keep going, you're going to get banned. You are in serious violation of the AUP.

This thread has last its time. Why is it still open for people to argue over silly things :confused:

I mean if people like Forza they will go play that. GT should never try to be like Forza or other racing games IMO. It is fine and its quality is miles better than others. Even content is more.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I am not about to read 47 pages of posts XD I am a noob when it comes to GT or any racing game so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong ,but....
We estimate about 200 premium car right ?
But the number of cars is 1000 +
So 1000 (maybe more ) - 200 = 800 ( number of standard cars )
This is many people are saying theses are all cars from GT4 but this makes no sense because GT4 had 721 cars soooo... 800 - 721 = 79
Infact, on the official website it states that there will be over 800 standard cars so they MUST have modeled cars and made them Standard. This leeds me to believe that thoses cars are not imports form GT4 at all but their own thing. On the subject of the cockpit view... I truly hope there will be at least SOME sort of view.

Also, I would like to respond to an earlier comment that said that bumper view is more realistic because in real life your real view would not be your arms because you already see them in real life. But I beg to differ because your concentration is focused on the screen and you most likely do not look at your racing wheel in real like at all. Of course this argument of mine depends on the size of your tv ! :P

*sorry bout the bad spelling xD too lazy to be asked to try harder at 11:20

This thread has last its time. Why is it still open for people to argue over silly things :confused:

I mean if people like Forza they will go play that. GT should never try to be like Forza or other racing games IMO. It is fine and its quality is miles better than others. Even content is more.

👍 Honestly who cares about Forza yes its a good game, but still not on GT level as a whole game.

Its a valid discussion and as long as it keeps to the AUP it stays open.

I would also ask that you do not tell the staff what to do, as if anyone is at fault here its your spamming, flame-bait post, not the other contributors to the thread.

Scaff

This was posted just a few pages ago.
Since it has now strayed beyond the bounds of the AUP as some of you can't keep from attacking each other's opinions and have resorted to cheap insults, the thread is being closed to further discussion for a while to allow you all time to re-evaluate your positions, and to re-educate yourselves by reading the AUP again.

It may or may not re-open, pending a discussion I'm about to raise with the rest of the staff.
I, for one, am sick of receiving reported post emails mostly from members trying to get other members in trouble, and vice versa. 👎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back