How in the Frank Bruno did Forza III do it?

• Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is by NO means I'm a Forza fan, but how did they manage to build 400+ cars in 2 1/2 years that are the most detailed cars second to GT5's "premium cars" I just don't get it?

They are certainly better then GT5's standard cars, I wanted GT5 to blow FM3 away not this. :(

Go back to your 360 and pop FM3 in, then come back and edit your post. They have interiors and that's all I'm gonna say.

They definitely did, but they all still have a cockpit view. With DLC what is the total car count now? 500? They keep banging out DLC packs every 3 months or so with about 8 cars in it. So does that mean they can model a full car or should i say 8, with interior etc in 3 months!?

They definitely did, but they all still have a cockpit view. With DLC what is the total car count now? 500? They keep banging out DLC packs every 3 months or so with about 8 cars in it. So does that mean they can model a full car or should i say 8, with interior etc in 3 months!?

And making a lot of money off it.
Would you rather have only 400 premium cars and then spend another $40-$60 to get another 100 premium cars? Cockpit view is not a requirement, so I know I wouldn't.

Because they only modeled the front half of the car and on top of that its really poor textures with really poor modeling. Its not as good as you might think, just drive up to a sunny area and look at it. Its horrible.

I'm just happy to get the game this year, I'm gutted about no interiors but hell as long as the RX7 and RX8 are premium I'm happy.

I am still confused over the "standard cars video". In it we see some standard cars with the blacked out windows, but some of the other standard cars in the video have transparent windows and you can see the driver and some interior. Why is this?

They've been releasing some form of DLC every month, mostly in the form of car packs, and will do so for up to a year after Forza 3's release date. If you look at the car packs however, it really does seem like T10 is 'banging' them out. There are bugs everywhere. In fact, nearly all the cars in the pack released last week have some sort of bug in them.

A little quality control would go a long way at Turn 10.

PD didn't always have 180, they were at way less than that for a long time.

This is by NO means I'm a Forza fan, but how did they manage to build 400+ cars in 2 1/2 years that are the most detailed cars second to GT5's "premium cars" I just don't get it?
Because it was really four years or more. They used the cars from Forza 2 in FM3. Some had a "face lift" of some things fixed. But many of the same flaws are still there from FM2.

Take a Ford GT in both games and mod them with aero parts, then compare. The GT in both games will be missing the nose strake on the right side. They even ported the bugs directly over. ;)

And yes, Turn 10 farmed modeling work out, but would never say how much.

Although I like Forza 3, you can see that they've rushed the game out. They managed to model 400 cars with interior's because...
1. They have a much bigger team.
2. They also use laser scanning on some cars.
3. Quite a few of the cars have bugs/errors. (many are awkward to paint on).
4. They outsourced development.
5. They reused many Forza 2 models.

They did cut corners, for example if you perform a race weight reduction on the Renault Clio 197, it will remove the drivers seat instead of the passengers. I still like it though, just not as much as GT.

Although I like Forza 3, you can see that they've rushed the game out. They managed to model 400 cars with interior's because...
1. They have a much bigger team.
2. They also use laser scanning on some cars.
3. Quite a few of the cars have bugs/errors. (many are awkward to paint on).
4. They outsourced development.
5. They reused many Forza 2 models.

They did cut corners, for example if you perform a race weight reduction on the Renault Clio 197, it will remove the drivers seat instead of the passengers. I still like it though, just not as much as GT.

But that's what sony did for 80% of the cars in gt5.

If you look at the cockpit view in Forza 3, there is no way to see the interior of the cars back seats and doors while you are driveing with the cockpit view. So there's just recreated the dashboard of the car. In GT5 you have full 360º interiors view. Including the front panel, right and left doors and back seats and window at 1280x1080p

Last edited:
well actually the cockpits and detail is not as good as gt5, but if we do get free DLC every once a month it will keep users coming back for more and more, so let's all hope so!

So what I get from this thread is:

T10 modeled the front portion of the drivers area in a way that under inspection, isn't all that great. And that pretty much renders them valueless and crap.

PD didn't model the inside of most of their cars at all but that's ok becuase who cares about what the insides of cars look like...

Ok....

But that's what sony did for 80% of the cars in gt5.

Unfortunately it is true, but I'm glad to here Forza cut corners that makes me feel better knowing that they didn't "build" all those cars in that time, but it hurts knowing PD mislead us for all this time........ :(

Unfortunately it is true, but I'm glad to here Forza cut corners that makes me feel better knowing that they didn't "build" all those cars in that time, but it hurts knowing PD mislead us for all this time........ :(

It's kind of sad we have to look to shortcomings elsewhere to feel less bad about GT...

It's kind of sad we have to look to shortcomings elsewhere to feel less bad about GT...

Welcome to fanboyism. The GT fandom has a PHD in being immature, idiotic, and religiously-worshipping-GT-to-the-point-of-it-being-a-deity-and-exxagerating-the-flaws-of-other-games.

Not all of them of course. Just most of them.

If PD need any more people to help them model more cars for us to race I'll quite happily move to Japan and work for them with my absolute zero experience of building games! If it is just a case of many hands make light work then I'm sure a lot of us on here would be more than happy to help them out!! hehe

If you look at the cockpit view in Forza 3, there is no way to see the interior of the cars back seats and doors while you are driveing with the cockpit view. So there's just recreated the dashboard of the car. In GT5 you have full 360º interiors view. Including the front panel, right and left doors and back seats and window at 1280x1080p

Explain what looking at a back seat has to do with me racing.

PD should have done the same, model just the front dash for the standard cars and farm out the work.
Really in 5 yrs? this is what has been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back