How is this game on a DS4?

• Thread starter ebelen92
  • 36 comments

Here's a video of mine, pardon the random shifting, couldnt tell if the gears were auto or not lol. That's how bad this game is, and no don't come to me saying thats how bad I'M because I'm pretty proficient at racing games.

edit: Literally just holding your finger on top of the DS4 stick will make it twitch like that.

So you want to sticky a guy that says he can't consistently stay on track while saying the DS4 is fantastic? Are you both trolling?

My English is far from perfect, but I'm pretty sure "playable" and "enjoyable" have a different meaning than "fantastic", which I've never used to describe AC with a DS4. My praises were for the physics of the game, I haven't mentioned other aspects of the game.

The game is very playable with a controller. Driving was kinda difficult on default settings but definitely not unplayable. Changed the controller settings and now I'm starting to have more fun. Heres a clip of a track day in the NISMO R35.

My controller settings:
100 (I have read that you should never change this last one)

Last edited:
Does AC have motion control steering on the DS4? For me Project Cars went from just barely enjoyable on a controller to really smooth and enjoyable after they added motion control support (well, one or two patches after they initially added it, it was a bit broken at first).
It's quite difficult for me to really enjoy racing games with a controller stick (Dirt Rally is an exception, lots of small correction needed more than smooth and steady cornering) after so many hours with motion control steering in Project Cars and particularly DriveClub.

I am still on the default controller settings, this game is really nice on the DS4. I have AI set to medium and am able to keep up with the AI pretty good. I might tweak them a little as the wheel in the cockpit view moves so fast it is distracting, not sure if adjusting the settings will change the wheel visuals though, otherwise the car response is just about spot on. If it is anything like PCars, it is a fine line between twitchy and a terrible turning radius. I prefer a little twitchy over a bad turning radius in low speed turns.

Back