How many people bought a replacement PS2 for GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 40 comments
  • 2,067 views

Could you play GT4 immediately?

  • GT4 did not work on my existing PS2 so I bought a replacement so I could play it

    Votes: 21 16.9%
  • I didn't have a PS2 and bought one to play GT4

    Votes: 19 15.3%
  • GT4 plays fine on my existing PS2

    Votes: 84 67.7%

  • Total voters
    124
Messages
1,607
England
Near Oxford, UK
Messages
RogsR35UK
Messages
RogsR34UK
GT4 would not work on my old PS2 so I had to buy a new one (I did clean the lens just in case, though the PS2 seemed to play all my other games OK).
 
I haven't got GT4 yet, but i'm considering buying it in a bundle with a PSTwo. Sorry, there's no option for that ;)
 
My PS2 works fine with GT4, its an original launch one from the UK (bought on the day of release).

I did give it a strip down and clean prior to getting GT4, but its been fine.
 
Works fine for me, I got the GT3 Racing Pack PS2 👍
 
I didn't have a PS2 and bought one to play GT4

Yay, 1 vote ... ME! :dopey:
 
I don't know why so many people have had trouble playing GT4 on old PS2s. I have the first ever version of the PS2 to be released in the UK, and GT4 has been running on it constant for about 16 hours today :D.
 
It worked and still works fine on my ps2 ;)
 
hey i no this iz off the topic but i got 4,520,617 n i need a car for the last thing in pro mode the gt championship and utha hard race wat car shud i but
 
My old PS2 stopped working a few months ago, had to buy a new PStwo for GT4.
 
I quote from the PAL Manual:
NOTE: Owners of SCPH-30000 and SCPH-50000 series Playstation2 consoles should refer to the setup intructions supplied with the console.

See they knew it wasn't going to work, cost me £94.
 
starlet turbo
hey i no this iz off the topic but i got 4,520,617 n i need a car for the last thing in pro mode the gt championship and utha hard race wat car shud i but

uh ... what?
 
GT4 works just fine with my existing PS@ 👍.
 
In a roundabout way, I had to get a new PStwo to play GT4. The USB ports on my launch unit PS2 wouldn't work with my DFP. 👎


starlet turbo
i sed wat f1 car shal i buy which iz the best i got 4.520.617 creds
After some serious decryption, I've got one thing to say: you're way off-topic.
 
GTA: San Andreas killed my PS2 (3000 series). I had to buy a refurbished one for that (NO new PS2 ANYWHERE in November). There's no doubt in my mind that GT4 wouldn't have worked on the old one.
 
I bought two of the very first PS2 sold in Canada and played a lot with them...
they still working perfectly with all my games including GT4 (with DFP)! :)
Am I lucky or what? :sick:
 
nurburgring
I bought two of the very first PS2 sold in Canada and played a lot with them...
they still working perfectly with all my games including GT4 (with DFP)! :)
Am I lucky or what? :sick:

You must keep the PS2 in a hermetically sealed vault with no dust! ;)
 
Maturin
You must keep the PS2 in a hermetically sealed vault with no dust! ;)

Not at all: Me and my friend always move them from one house to the other with no box at all, in very sweaty summer or in freezing winter.
We put them on vertical or horizontal position, dusty carpets, we bumped them a lot, I'm still surprised they're working...
 
I put this poll on another site as well and the percentages of people who had to buy a new PS2 was about the same. Looks as if Sony have sold a good few PS2's to get people up and running wuth GT4.
 
I bought a slim line ps2 when i got SA, so it works fine with GT4.

GTA San Andreas is the most demanding ps2 game id say. GT4 isnt even close as demanding as GTA San Andreas. If GTA SA works then GT4 will cruise along
 
got my v10 PS2 used last year and has been running GT4 for 3 1/2 weeks straight now, without turning it off. 2 1/2 weeks with GTA: SA and sometimes leaving it on the Sony browser screen or the HD Advance menu, while the TV is off.
 
My pervious PS2 doesn't work 👎
So my dad bought me a new slim one....
 
The only weird thing I get is whenever I turn it on it goes to the PS2 menu screen, then loads GT4 after a couple seconds.

Only does it with GT4 though.

Potsy.
 
GT4 worked fine on my old PS2. Luckily I also bought EBGames 6-month warranty with it. So I called up EBGames and told them I was starting to get disk read errors (I wasn't, on any games), and asked about getting a new PSTwo. They said since I bought the warranty, I would only have the pay the difference in purchase price between my old ($129.99) PS2 and the new ($149.99) PSTwo. So I ended up with a deal where I paid $21 and some change for a new PSTwo. And of course, I did it. Happy I did, and GT4 hasn't had problems yet. And no, it doesn't overheat.
 
GT4 plays just fine on my original v3 PS2 and the two I've fixed (v4 & v5).
 
how do you tell what version you have?
 
Back