How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
26 or 27, I don't know really (born in May of '82), haven't keep track since I was 21. Been playing GT since about year after GT1 came. Would have got it sooner but, It was hard to buy a $40 dollar game on a $5 a week allowance.:)

I'm 53 and holding. I've been playing GT since I purchased my TV at BB in Sept. '07 and saw GTHD running on a PS3 and told the salesclerk, "better add one of those to the bill while you're at it". I then downloaded the GT5P Japanese Demo and imported the JSpec version when it came out. Can someone out there tell me how to put this game down? :)

Not sure what you mean by Rock music fan? Spy Hunter is a top down driving action game in pursuit of enemies. The arcade cabinet had a wheel. Awesome looking cabinet. I used to go to the arcades a lot and play these with the wheel. It had about 10 wheel cabinets with different boards added regularly.
:)

No no, I know what Spy Hunter is, I meant that this game with motorbikes and dressing your character (with new helmet etc.) is other game that I do not know the name of. Hmm I had no idea that Spy Hunter was in arcades too - cool :)
Did you try WRC games but PS2 editions ? quite god especially tracks in Germany or France with super grip roads but with mega fun full hand break - really worked, and in WRC transmissions on eurosport one can see that those drivers actually use hand break.
If only all these wheels wouldn't be that expensive :(

Sorry for OT

27 years old and been playing since gt1.

Does anyone remember the gt2 demo disc that came with a gamer magazine?

You could only drive a yellow Fiat Coupe'. The turbo sound was terribly high piched, the frame rate was slow, and the graphics were super pixelated. I'm so glad polyphony got rid of the bugs...

Hopefully GT5 will surpass my expectations again once again.

19 years old currently and played since day 1, 1998. Still have to say out of everything it's the best gift I ever recieved from my step father. :lol:

Cheers.
Jetboy.

I'm 27, been caning GT since i borrowed a PS1 and the original GT1 from my friend back in 98. there was a 5 or 6 year gap from about 2001 onwards when i didn't have a tv that i could use to play, but since acquiring one, i've been back into it full steam ahead!

i now play GT4 almost every day. still never used a wheel, maybe one day when i have some cash to buy one.

i expect i'll be able to afford a ps3 around the time ps4's are released....

I'm 36 and I've been playing GT since it came out too. I had just got back from being stationed in Japan when GT1 came out. So it was great to be able to play with all the cool cars I saw while I was there. I came home telling my friends how awesome Skyline GTR's are and it was cool that I could show them with the game.

16 turning 17 in a month started playing Gran turismo back early 2000 it was Gt2 played that for a few years tbh only got a Ps2 xmas 03 as they were quite a bit back then, got GT3 in 2004, and then currently my faveourite game Gt4 1 month after australian launch around the 4th of May 2005 for my birthday (Launch was very late march i beleive)

I am 17, been playing since GT2. I've bought every game PAL since that, except GT1. I've also bought both GT Concepts, GT4 Prologue and GT5P.

I'm 13, and I've been playing since 2002, when I got GT Concept. Since then, I've gotten all of the main GT's and GT5P, with the exception of the first, which I will EVENTUALLY get off of Amazon.

No no, I know what Spy Hunter is, I meant that this game with motorbikes and dressing your character (with new helmet etc.) is other game that I do not know the name of. Hmm I had no idea that Spy Hunter was in arcades too - cool :)
Did you try WRC games but PS2 editions ? quite god especially tracks in Germany or France with super grip roads but with mega fun full hand break - really worked, and in WRC transmissions on eurosport one can see that those drivers actually use hand break.
If only all these wheels wouldn't be that expensive :(

Sorry for OT

I bought WRC4 on PS2. Very good game. Really like the layout and feeling of going fast with well done traction which made it fun again like CM1.

Here's Jaguar XJ220 on mega-cd

hjkw.jpg

32 and been with GT since the beginning. I remember the first time I saw a trailer for the first game and freaked out about the graphics.

34 & playing since May 1998.

only reason i have purchased the 3 consoles.

first exposed to it in a small photo in a magazine, Autoweek i think. It was a Championship White '97 Civic Type R over some curbs.

14, been playing since something stupid like 1997/8 (GT1, obviously.)

I still play GT2, even though I have 3, 4, 4 Prologue, 5 Prologue and Concept Geneva!

29 and like most of us bought Sonys consoles because of GT. From PS1 to PS3...from GT to GT5p.

I think its great to see the different age groups coming together under the GT banner. Kaz and PD will be proud.

long live GT!👍

35 years old on the outside about 5 years old on the inside i started with GT3 . The only reason i bought a playstation was Gran Turismo

I'm 22 and played since GT1 was released in Europe (1998) :mischievous:
so that's about 11 years + :lol:

MadMax

I'm 28 and been playing since day 1, and that day I did borow (sp?) my friend PS just to play GT1. Hope to play a long time thougt

Back