How to hunt in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tvensky
  • 192 comments
  • 15,244 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, still amazing to see those that decry the bickering and 'trivial crap' are those unable to resist joining in

I joined in only to dispute you saying HIS business, when he started a thread and shared his business. I didn't take any side reguarding spinning or deleting psn friends.

... I guess some have to live up to their sig's... :sly:

Indeed :sly:
 
There's next to no REAL racing in GT5 whatsoever. Online is the only place, and that is full of pre-teens that can't drive, or elitist cDc's that race a VERY narrow range of cars and tracks.

Personally, any way to filter out those that take racing as a joke is fine in my book. And, bottom line, as YOU aren't on the OP's list of Friends, as you exploiters are so fond of saying,,,

"It's HIS business how he wants to play the game. What right have you got to criticize any way he wants to play it?"

Oh yeah, I forgot. That only applies to things YOU want to do that others may not like, doesn't it? 💡 :crazy:
 
Time spinning is time NOT spent racing. Time racing is time improving your driving. Time spinning ISN'T.

You are right, but the fact remains that all you need to complete GT5 is time, not skill.

So cutting down the time required to complete it does not cut down your skill. Racing Aspec really does very little to improve your skills.

His arguments that glitchers are wreckers and lack skill compared to "hard earned levelers" is flawed.

I have massive respect for guys who achieve level 40 on their own with no glitches but it does not mean they are a skilled driver or a good racer. GT5 has no real way to measure this. I treat a level 0 the same as a level 40 until this person proves themselves on the track.

If you want the best GT experience IMHO, you need to only delete the morons in your "friend" list that bump and crash you off track. Any other form of gameplay doesn't effect you in the slightest and to delete someone based on how they choose to play the offline mode just makes no sense at all.

People should be judged by how they race on track with others, not how they drive against some of the worst AI available in racing games today.
 
better athlete is?

#1. dude who start doing it at age of 2!

#2. dude who start doing it at age of 15!

who might that be..? its only a time spent training...
 
better athlete is?

#1. dude who start doing it at age of 2!

#2. dude who start doing it at age of 15!

who might that be..? its only a time spent training...

Most of my friends have been playing the gt series since gt1 :dopey:

Would you ask say Mario Andretti to race go karts for a year before letting him drive an f1? Just food for thought.
 
better athlete is?

#1. dude who start doing it at age of 2!

#2. dude who start doing it at age of 15!

who might that be..? its only a time spent training...

better racer is?

#1. dude who start driving on the road at age of 16.

#2. dude who start driving with professional guidance and proper racing at age of 25.

who might that be..? its only the quality of time spent training...

Racing GT5's AI is not time well spent training.
Racing with other fast drivers in Competitions / Online is.

Dont believe me? have a go at the Weekly Race Series (or other high level competition) and see how quickly you improve your skills through proper feedback and driving. Not mindless lap after lap against immovable brick AI.

Anything that lessens my time spent driving around bored out of my brain against the AI so I can spend more time driving against real people Online and competing in competitions is a good glitch in my book 👍
 
so again? why dont you read all posts and replies please, then you will understand how pointless youre reply was.. thank you! 👍

and dont speak please like you know me, you dont :)
 
This thread is pointless...play the game the way you want, befriend who you want...why bother other people with this?...

Coxis
"I thought this topic was going to be about how to "hunt" monkeys in Trial Mountain or Loch Ness monsters"
👍
 
Coming from a guy who has shown his face in every thread regarding cheaters and glitches just to voice his opinion.

Me? I made jokes and passed things off in a sarcastic manner. No real opinions, guy.

Every thread? C'mon now...
 
This thread is only for fair GT player community! Please dont bash and ruin this thread with aggressive comments! 👍

Well I just wanted to inform you how to hunt in GT5 :) You can start by checking "suspicious" person by clicking on it in GT LIFE - Community section (same place where you join friends online), there is button "LOG" there you can see literally all stuff that person do, or did in a past for a month and even more! Great! If he is started to like GT-R last days and is leveling up level after level, then obviously he is cheating! I hunted down 10 out of 75 in my PSN friends list today....

Then what ? OMFG, I think you care a lot, hope you won't turn psycho before the end of your life. I'm glad i don't have you in my friends list, cause I would be scared that you call FBI if you discover that I went from level 39 to 40 in one day... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uJ9MMmeV7M

A 🤬 finger from me !
 
I love this "purist" attitude. Maybe then those "purists"shouldn't even use B-spec? because then you haven't earn't it but Bob did?

If people like too play a game there way aslong there is no online cheat abusing wat is the problem? i gifted a few cars too myself so? i still play fair online.

Think people go overboard with the attitude.
 
And I love this "cheater" attitude. Works both ways. :rolleyes:
 
I think the only time I've used the log is to see if people I traded cars to received them. I'm not gonna bash the OP as a person because of his wanna be detective work, but if you enjoy playing with someone because they are friendly or fun to be around, why would you delete them for doing an xp glitch? I didn't stop playing with my friends in mw2 who did the prestige hack. You have friends because they're your friends, not because of how they play. I have to say: the growth in around here of people being so smug and above the 'cheaters' is crazy. If you were that quick to delete a friend, then you were never really a friend. Just my two cents.
 
Funny thing is that the op has 3 friends on his list and he just deleted 2
 
Methinks you ladies doth protest too much... :sly:

Here's a guy (the OP) doing EXACTLY what you say YOU want to do... He wants to play it 'his' way. He wants to play with people that have leveled themselves up STRICTLY by racing, without using exploits. Now, I'm not sure you realize the irony of criticizing someone for doing the very thing you say YOU want to do. You want to play the game 'your' way, and use whatever exploits exist. Fine. He's not saying for you to stop. He's just saying he'd rather race those that don't.

Sauce for the goose, my fine feathered friends, is sauce for the gander.

If you want the right to not be criticized for using exploits, you HAVE to not criticize those that publicly say they won't, nor wish to race those that do.


👍 +1

Still really haven't seen much of a mature response to the demonstration of hypocricy, though...

Why did the OP make this thread in the first place?
Because they bloody well wanted to.

Me, I could personally care less if those I have as PSN friends glitch/dupe their time away. At this point, I use their shared B-Spec drivers for Remote Racing, and they use my shared B-Spec drivers for Remote Racing. That's basically it.
Would I go through my friends list and knock off anyone that plays the game in a way I disagree with? No.
Do I approve of the OP's choice to stand behind their convictions? Heck yeah!

Disagree or agree as you see fit, as you're perfectly within rights to.
If you have a constructive and non-inflammatory contribution to the conversation, please share.
If you're a "glitching/duping elitist" who has nothing to contribute to the discussion except a derogatory comment about the OP's choice as what you consider to be a "non-glitching/non-duping purist", respectfully keep your comments to yourself...

Peace...
 
Funny thing is that the op has 3 friends on his list and he just deleted 2

1 was his mother, 1 was someone he went to school with and the other was the account he made to send all his duped cars. :) Guess he couldn't bring himself to delete his dupe account.
 
1 was his mother, 1 was someone he went to school with and the other was the account he made to send all his duped cars. :) Guess he couldn't bring himself to delete his dupe account.
:lol:
 
The OP is cheating.
He doesn't want aggressive-negative comments but this is an aggressive and negative thread.
You're a fair player? PLAY. The other fair players will decide what's to do, every one know about the log. :lol:
But MAYBE they don't want to waste time spying people, uh? 💡
Keep wars for yourself.
 
Last edited:
Having a High aspec level has nothing to do with skills. If you got to level 40 legit, you could still be crap at GT5 and cause a whole heap of crashes.

Although I disagree that the X1 (or X2010 or whatever it's actually called now) challenge is the only hard "Special Event", there are a few others which aren't exactly a walk in the park, I agree with you however that reaching level 40 "legit" isn't necessarily an indicator of talent.

Currently I'm at level 38 (and golded all licenses within the first 5 days of playing, a new GT-record for me ;)), simply by having a lot of free time to spend playing due to certain circumstances I won't go into (haven't cheated yet as far as I'm aware, not that it really matters though).
I consider myself reasonably good at times, maybe even high above the average casual gamer who seems to have no real knowledge or sympathy for cars and car culture so that isn't a real achievement perhaps.
Since playing Prologue online I've given up the illusion I could be one of the faster players around, I do win some races online but I also lose a large amount or am destined to be somewhere in the middle of the pack (unfortunately I've been used a few times as a moving chicane....).

So I don't consider myself the undiscovered next Schumacher or Senna simply for having a high level, it merely in my case indicates spending too much time playing a videogame and being completely inefficient in doing so.
 
Read this. Maybe some of you will get it, but I doubt it.

Methinks you ladies doth protest too much... :sly:

Here's a guy (the OP) doing EXACTLY what you say YOU want to do... He wants to play it 'his' way. He wants to play with people that have leveled themselves up STRICTLY by racing, without using exploits. Now, I'm not sure you realize the irony of criticizing someone for doing the very thing you say YOU want to do. You want to play the game 'your' way, and use whatever exploits exist. Fine. He's not saying for you to stop. He's just saying he'd rather race those that don't.

Sauce for the goose, my fine feathered friends, is sauce for the gander.

If you want the right to not be criticized for using exploits, you HAVE to not criticize those that publicly say they won't, nor wish to race those that do.

Just give it up already, you've patronized him enough. You guys sound like a broken record player. If you have nothing good to say then don't post. Very simple.
 
Just give it up already, You guys sound like a broken record player. If you have nothing good to say then don't post. Very simple.

Ditto
 
Is there any doctor around here then? :crazy:

:)

and you seem to read very bad for sure, I sayd dont post negative comments if you dissagree, ok, just move along please. Dont try to prove somethig else, I understad you 100%, and reason why you post this :) thanks for comment.

First of all, I'm not even aware of this cheat you are talking about, so don't lump me in with these "cheaters" you are hunting down.

I'm sorry, but you can't post a thread damning people for playing a game a certain way and then demand that no one post anything that disagrees with you. This is a forum, you WILL get posts that disagree with what you are saying, deal with it.
 
This thread reminds me of a company in Florida with those cheesy bad commercials that advertises their background check service.
 
This thread reminds me of a company in Florida with those cheesy bad commercials that advertises their background check service.

This thread reminds me of...

BURN TEH CHEATERZ!! KILL THE DUPERZ!!!!11
angry+mob.jpg
 
Levels mean nothing. I do not condone the SSR7 glitch (it is highly annoying to those who have to wade through these junk rooms to find a race online), but it is not really cheating to anyone except those who want levels to be a measure of skill (which they are not). To me the OP is on a witch hunt. The only measure of skill is how well people drive in an online room against other people. Cheaters are those who ram you from behind, cut across the grass, bounce off walls, etc. These are the real cheaters. If you want a list of cheaters: start lists of people who drive dirty when the room calls for clean driving. That would be a more sporting hunt.
 
Ooh, another 6 pages of self righteous crap...
 
This. Is. Sad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back