How to hunt in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tvensky
  • 192 comments
  • 15,244 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tvensky: Why are you in such a rush to have PD fix this glitch?

As long as the glitch exists, you can avoid people who take advantage of it by not entering a race with 'glitch' or 'fast cash' or similar in the description.

What's your plan for avoiding cheaters after the next patch?
 
What's your plan for avoiding cheaters after the next patch?
He's going to unplug and take himself out of the matrix.
 
Don't need to look at the logs, just read the forums.
 
he is the most funny guy ever. he should be a comedian
 
Pfft.
 
I hope OP you're just some kind of troll
 
images


Tomato fight! :) Please continue I would love to see how far you will go to defend yourselfs :banghead:

Just try to figure out something more funny, without personal atacks :) thanks!

:gtpflag:

EDIT: yes and not reading thread and full conversation really gets you in a silly place to be honest :)
 
This thread is almost as full of comedic value as the one the other day about whether someone was cheating duping paints.

Really, OP, I stand behind anyone who is against cheating. Of course, I don't see duping cars, or paints, or this new thing you're on about as cheating. If anything I see it as a response to cheating. PD obviously is trying to cheat all of us out of our precious time by pricing cars so stupidly and having a XP system that is a penalty to players. So instead of letting PD cheat them out of their time, they dupe and glitch and whatnot. It's people just trying to get access to paid content within their OWN timeframe and NOT the timeframe that some overly arrogant developer decided on.

It's not cheating to me because it has absolutely ZERO effect on gameplay. Noone is going any faster because of this. Noone is winning any more races because of this. Noone is getting any higher on the two stinking pathetic leaderboards on the game.

If you were on here talking about removing friends who were cheating to win races or go faster. I'd give you a standing ovation. As it stands, it's just another in the endless line of hilarious threads created by people who have lost the whole point that this game SHOULD be about racing, and not about how many pokemon cards, err I mean credits you have.
 
TRC GeorgiaDawg
This thread is almost as full of comedic value as the one the other day about whether someone was cheating duping paints.

Really, OP, I stand behind anyone who is against cheating. Of course, I don't see duping cars, or paints, or this new thing you're on about as cheating. If anything I see it as a response to cheating. PD obviously is trying to cheat all of us out of our precious time by pricing cars so stupidly and having a XP system that is a penalty to players. So instead of letting PD cheat them out of their time, they dupe and glitch and whatnot. It's people just trying to get access to paid content within their OWN timeframe and NOT the timeframe that some overly arrogant developer decided on.

It's not cheating to me because it has absolutely ZERO effect on gameplay. Noone is going any faster because of this. Noone is winning any more races because of this. Noone is getting any higher on the two stinking pathetic leaderboards on the game.

If you were on here talking about removing friends who were cheating to win races or go faster. I'd give you a standing ovation. As it stands, it's just another in the endless line of hilarious threads created by people who have lost the whole point that this game SHOULD be about racing, and not about how many pokemon cards, err I mean credits you have.


100% agree, that's why I delete all who collects pokemon cards and are not racing! :sly:
 
Good to see there are people who play fair. But its bad to see that they take it too serious. Really, its not cheaters fault. Some people like to unlock everything and achieve averything in a game, but the way that PD designed GT5´s progress and prize system, only leads this type of people to cheat.

I would like to reach level 40, and get the best cars, but cheating is only going to end the already short experience of GT5. The game is already frustratingly boring, but getting everything the fastest way is going to make it even more boring. I rather be bored grinding, and still knowing I have stuff to unlock.

Then again, when I get the more expensive cars, or reach level 30-something, the experience will be over, since there will be nothing to do with them...

I don´t mind waiting a few years for GT6... I know PD will make it like GT5 was supossed to be. Like previous ones...
 
Good to see there are people who play fair. But its bad to see that they take it too serious. Really, its not cheaters fault. Some people like to unlock everything and achieve averything in a game, but the way that PD designed GT5´s progress and prize system, only leads this type of people to cheat.

I would like to reach level 40, and get the best cars, but cheating is only going to end the already short experience of GT5. The game is already frustratingly boring, but getting everything the fastest way is going to make it even more boring. I rather be bored grinding, and still knowing I have stuff to unlock.

Then again, when I get the more expensive cars, or reach level 30-something, the experience will be over, since there will be nothing to do with them...

I don´t mind waiting a few years for GT6... I know PD will make it like GT5 was supossed to be. Like previous ones...

Here is where most "purists" are at fault of.
 
Even if cheaters are a reflection of the poor job that PD made with the prize and car prices system, plus the EXP system, I play this game for what it is, and I´m still able to do what I did in other Gran Turismos. I cannot say I´m 100% happy with the game, but as long as I can take my Viper around Nurburgring or La Sarthe 2005, and just...drive..., and then enjoy the replay, PD will have my aproval...:)

Here is where most "purists" are at fault of.

I´m not only a "purist" car guy, but I´m also a "purist" gamer, and I like to do things fair and square. But that doesn´t mean I´m going to take my 12 Gauge, and go hunt cheaters. Seriously, look at the OP. I thought he was joking, but like many, he is serious!

Thats not "purism." That´s plain immaturity. As much as I´m into GT, and video games in general, they are just that... Games... And anyone can play their games like they want...
 
Last edited:
HuskyGT
Like you, and a few of us in here, I have a life. Obviously, people like the OP, do not...

:lol: ok Mr.Life, who have a life, what makes you so sure? :) PS, dont reply if you didnt read full conversation, then it will be pointless...
 
Even if cheaters are a reflection of the poor job that PD made with the prize and car prices system, plus the EXP system, I play this game for what it is, and I´m still able to do what I did in other Gran Turismos. I cannot say I´m 100% happy with the game, but as long as I can take my Viper around Nurburgring or La Sarthe 2005, and just...drive..., and then enjoy the replay, PD will have my aproval...:)



I´m not only a "purist" car guy, but I´m also a "purist" gamer, and I like to do things fair and square. But that doesn´t mean I´m going to take my 12 Gauge, and go hunt cheaters. Seriously, look at the OP. I thought he was joking, but like many, he is serious!

Thats not "purism." That´s plain immaturity. As much as I´m into GT, and video games in general, they are just that... Games... And anyone can play their games like they want...

Like you, and a few of us in here, I have a life. Obviously, people like the OP, do not...

Why do you say he doesn't have a life? Do you know that? It's funny how quickly people want to justify their actions or thoughts. All I read from the OP is that he doesn't agree what is going on and what he is doing about it personally and how he is doing it. He was also looking to hear from others that felt the same. Like it or not he is allowed that on here, you can flame him for it but it doesn't change this fact. I also don't care for what is going on... it is taking staff away from other things that I would like see put into the game. As for as making a blacklist it's somewhat harsh but I don't judge him for doing what he feels he needs to do.
 
Dreadin
Why do you say he doesn't have a life? Do you know that? It's funny how quickly people want to justify their actions or thoughts. All I read from the OP is that he doesn't agree what is going on and what he is doing about it personally and how he is doing it. He was also looking to hear from others that felt the same. Like it or not he is allowed that on here, you can flame him for it but it doesn't change this fact. I also don't care for what is going on... it is taking staff away from other things that I would like see put into the game. As for as making a blacklist it's somewhat harsh but I don't judge him for doing what he feels he needs to do.

thank you! I just woke up one morning and thought to myself, this is just matter of principle! And I did what I have to do, to feel comfortable in my PSN environment!👍 Edit: (I decided it strongly when people started to invite me to "200 laps" rooms, it was the "last drop") :)

Shared the info for same minded folks.. principle is principle!
 
This thread is almost as full of comedic value as the one the other day about whether someone was cheating duping paints.

Really, OP, I stand behind anyone who is against cheating. Of course, I don't see duping cars, or paints, or this new thing you're on about as cheating. If anything I see it as a response to cheating. PD obviously is trying to cheat all of us out of our precious time by pricing cars so stupidly and having a XP system that is a penalty to players. So instead of letting PD cheat them out of their time, they dupe and glitch and whatnot. It's people just trying to get access to paid content within their OWN timeframe and NOT the timeframe that some overly arrogant developer decided on.

It's not cheating to me because it has absolutely ZERO effect on gameplay. Noone is going any faster because of this. Noone is winning any more races because of this. Noone is getting any higher on the two stinking pathetic leaderboards on the game.

If you were on here talking about removing friends who were cheating to win races or go faster. I'd give you a standing ovation. As it stands, it's just another in the endless line of hilarious threads created by people who have lost the whole point that this game SHOULD be about racing, and not about how many pokemon cards, err I mean credits you have.

I was actually going to give this the "👍", but I read it a second time...

"I see it as a response to cheating"
"PD obviously is trying to cheat all of us"
"people just trying to get access to paid content within their OWN timeframe"
"this game SHOULD be about racing, and not about how many..."

Seriously?
👎

Is it really thought that when it comes to GT5 one is being cheated, their time is being wasted, and/or they're not getting what they paid for?
If they are, they're obviously disatisfied, so why are they playing a game where they're so disatisfied?

Is it really thought that cheating isn't cheating when it's a response to being cheated?
The only positive manner to convey my thought on that is the last I was aware, two wrongs don't make a right.

Whether it's racing in a Yaris, Miata, GT-R, F2007, X2010, or 1000+ other cars that are in the game, a car race is a car race. If it's just about racing, the credit and XP system are immaterial because anyone can race essentially as soon as they put the disc in their PS3. The opportunity is there to race already, so the efforts of cheating boil down to the cheater's choice to cheat in order to get something they want.

It's fine. It's everyone's choice to make, so make the choice you want.

If it's unfair of folks to whine about how those that cheat are ruining their game experience, it's equally unfair of folks to whine about how they're cheating in order to keep their game experience from being ruined.

"Nuff said."

Peace...
 
Why do you say he doesn't have a life? Do you know that? It's funny how quickly people want to justify their actions or thoughts. All I read from the OP is that he doesn't agree what is going on and what he is doing about it personally and how he is doing it. He was also looking to hear from others that felt the same. Like it or not he is allowed that on here, you can flame him for it but it doesn't change this fact. I also don't care for what is going on... it is taking staff away from other things that I would like see put into the game. As for as making a blacklist it's somewhat harsh but I don't judge him for doing what he feels he needs to do.

Calm down, man. I´m not flaming him. It´s just a matter of speach. I didn´t ment to sound rude to the OP. Its hard when you´re not talking in front of a person, since anyone interprets the post the way they want.

I´m a very nice guy, and usually I don´t conflict with others. What I´m saying, is that what the OP is taking it too far. Again, its his business, and I really don´t care, but if he created the thread, then people are going to give their opinion.
 
Why don't you write a couple of them some stern letters, let them know to stop 🤬 with your game and ruining your goddamn experience.

I salute you, sir.
 
:lol: ok Mr.Life, who have a life, what makes you so sure? :) PS, dont reply if you didnt read full conversation, then it will be pointless...

Yeah, maybe that was to harsh, my appoligies... I didn´t ment to say that you didn´t have a life, but again, I think that you are taking it too serious. None of my business on how you´re addressing this "problem", but you asked for an opinion, and you got it... Your method is good for knowing who actually plays fair, and who doesn´t, but you are not going to be able to stop cheaters from cheating. Like I said before, it´s not 100% their fault...

PS, and I DID read the whole thread before posting:)
 
Last edited:
I see what's happening here. OP is using his alt account (dreadin) to post replies, making people believe they are two people whereas infact they are 1.
 
STIG_RS6
I see what's happening here. OP is using his alt account (dreadin) to post replies, making people believe they are two people whereas infact they are 1.

LOL :D well that is just insane thing to do to be honest ! :scared:
 
Although I disagree that the X1 (or X2010 or whatever it's actually called now) challenge is the only hard "Special Event", there are a few others which aren't exactly a walk in the park, I agree with you however that reaching level 40 "legit" isn't necessarily an indicator of talent.

Currently I'm at level 38 (and golded all licenses within the first 5 days of playing, a new GT-record for me ;)), simply by having a lot of free time to spend playing due to certain circumstances I won't go into (haven't cheated yet as far as I'm aware, not that it really matters though).
I consider myself reasonably good at times, maybe even high above the average casual gamer who seems to have no real knowledge or sympathy for cars and car culture so that isn't a real achievement perhaps.
Since playing Prologue online I've given up the illusion I could be one of the faster players around, I do win some races online but I also lose a large amount or am destined to be somewhere in the middle of the pack (unfortunately I've been used a few times as a moving chicane....).

So I don't consider myself the undiscovered next Schumacher or Senna simply for having a high level, it merely in my case indicates spending too much time playing a videogame and being completely inefficient in doing so.

Yes, golding the X1 challenge is an exception.

My comments are not aimed towards yourself 👍.

I have no issues with how anybody likes to play as long as they race clean and fair online. I just found it pointless and strange that the OP wants to delete people for how they choose to play offline, when they could be decent people with great racing potential.
 
This thread is only for fair GT player community! Please dont bash and ruin this thread with aggressive comments! 👍

Well I just wanted to inform you how to hunt in GT5 :) You can start by checking "suspicious" person by clicking on it in GT LIFE - Community section (same place where you join friends online), there is button "LOG" there you can see literally all stuff that person do, or did in a past for a month and even more! Great! If he is started to like GT-R last days and is leveling up level after level, then obviously he is cheating! I hunted down 10 out of 75 in my PSN friends list today, Im not saying they are bad people, some of them drived very well, I just wanted to keep my place cheater free, because GT is my favorite game and I play it alot, just dont want to see in main page level 40, after level 40 and so on, all fake (one guy in my PSN isnt fake, real dude with level 40, 1000+ cars, driving just like a pro). I will just keep my place clean and fair, so I can see players real accomplishments!

Maybe this one helps some fair same minded folks like me, in this new generation spoiled community. Please comment and think positive! Everyone should have there thoughts and Im not saying you should delete them, its a personal choise! happy hunting 👍

http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums...-special-stage-7-money-and-xp-glitch-very-fas


link is for GTP feedback, visit it if you agree.

Please if you disagree be understandable and mature!

I use glitches so what, what are you going to do? Come to the streets on ssr7 and I show you how it feels to get virtualy 🤬 by a 2jzgte on the straight. Im to illegal 4 you.
 
Please continue I would love to see how far you will go to defend yourselfs :banghead:

I like how you're full of yourself, Seriously. :)
But.. what if you're wrong?
What if you're not totally right like you believe?
They are defending from WHAT/WHO? You?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back