Hunting GT7 in trailers...

• Thread starter Shidapu
  • 87 comments
...:odd:

Wowsers.

There is no doubts that simulator part in the video was made by Polyphony Digital, no matter it's GT7 or not.

I'm curious as to how you arrived at this conclusion. After watching that Toyota video, all I can think of was, "Man, if that was GT7 graphics, I'd hide myself in shame if I was a PDI employee."

Flat surfaces, flat lighting, flat camera movement... Nope, not GT7 at all. Probably as @Tired Tyres said above, it's a footage from a race sim used by Toyota's racing team.

Last time I checked, most of the respectable racing outfits have one of those...

...:odd:

Wowsers.

I'm curious as to how you arrived at this conclusion. After watching that Toyota video, all I can think of was, "Man, if that was GT7 graphics, I'd hide myself in shame if I was a PDI employee."

Flat surfaces, flat lighting, flat camera movement... Nope, not GT7 at all. Probably as @Tired Tyres said above, it's a footage from a race sim used by Toyota's racing team.

Last time I checked, most of the respectable racing outfits have one of those...

I am 100% sure that it's PD work because this track is from Gran Turismo 6, every tree and spectator stay in the same place, it's simple. And I didn't say that it's final version of GT7, but better textures could show early prototype which runs on the new hardware.

Also, could you please link to any sources to this mystical Toyota Sim I am curious what it is?

I agree with you 100%. Everything is in same place as in GT6 circuit... Not just that shot, I tried to compare other shots from video with my GT6 and its 100% same. So yes I think that is GT6 circuit running on more powerful system than PS3... Look at tree look much better than in GT6.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure that it's PD work because this track is from Gran Turismo 6, every tree and spectator stay in the same place, it's simple. And I didn't say that it's final version of GT7, but better textures could show early prototype which runs on the new hardware.

Also, could you please link to any sources to this mystical Toyota Sim I am curious what it is?

The trees are the same because that's where the trees are on the real track. The truck is in the same place because that is where the truck parks at the real track. Everything else visible on the real track will always be put into SIM software because drivers see them as they drive around the real track and it helps with orientation.

Every major racing team has a SIM. How do you think drivers learn a new track before ever going to it?

The trees are the same because that's where the trees are on the real track. The truck is in the same place because that is where the truck parks at the real track. Everything else visible on the real track will always be put into SIM software because drivers see them as they drive around the real track and it helps with orientation.

Every major racing team has a SIM. How do you think drivers learn a new track before ever going to it?
Using PD assets?

Different teams use different software. Perhaps PD developed theirs? Who knows.

This is the TRD SIM in Germany from three years ago.

..."mystical"...:lol:

A quick Google search came up with this rather well known Sim provider.

http://www.cruden.com/

Feel free to browse through their catalog of products...

Oh yeah, and if (A BIG IF) that Toyota PR fluff used PDI assets, then I ask you, where are the "thanks, PDI!!" or "images used with consent of PDI" or something similar in the ad? Even more curious now...

Wow, you are really far away from understanding how tracks made in games. These trucks for example aren't monumental and if two teams of developers came there in different time, there is almost impossible that 3 trucks would stand the same positions as few months ago.
Every major racing team has a sim and 99% of them based on rFactor engine.

Wow, you are really far away from understanding how tracks made in games. These trucks for example aren't monumental and if two teams of developers came there in different time, there is almost impossible that 3 trucks would stand the same positions as few months ago.
Every major racing team has a sim and 99% of them based on rFactor engine.

It's a SAFETY TRUCK! It will always be stationed IN THE SAME PLACE.

Now you've gone from a race team SIM being mystical to 99% of teams use rFactor as the base of their sim.

It's a SAFETY TRUCK! It will always be stationed IN THE SAME PLACE.

Now you've gone from a race team SIM being mystical to 99% of teams use rFactor as the base of their sim.

I guess you have any proof with the same well detailed track where every tree stands in the same place as GT6, no?

The trees would be in the same place, but a different sim wouldn't be using PD assets.
Right. The only question here is how this ad footage made, does it playable concept on PS4 or it is just a video made on developers computer and played on TV?

And where is YOUR proof that it is GT? You are the one who made the claim in the first place. The burden is on you.
I am just sure about this and I added screenshot as proof. If you don't get that this is GT, sorry for you. End of discussion.

This IS GT am 100% sure. In other part of video, like start finish stright spectator are in same place as in GT6. Game developers dont count spectators and put them like in real life (same number and exacly same chair). They put them random on grand stands.

I am just sure about this and I added screenshot as proof. If you don't get that this is GT, sorry for you. End of discussion.
That's not proof of anything other than a Toyota sim. Deal with it.

Here is for everyone stated that this is not GT. The only two games except GT have the same well detailed Le Mans: Project Cars and Forza, here is this place in Toyota ad:
NSyjECu.png

Gran Turismo 6
qQ5yMM9.png

Forza 4
BNpY9En.png

Forza 5
XvjQRyt.png

Project Cars
USEBaTp.png

Of course it could be special build for Toyota, but track was made by PDI, and this video is the exclusive teaser of next Gran Truismo with a new hardware.

Correct.

Assumption.
Maybe, but trees model quality obviously show new hardware, do you really think that PDI ported Gran Turismo to PC? Because if it runs on PS4 what is it if not early GT7 concept?
Well, I reform my statement: This video shows Le Mans track from Gran Truismo with better textures and models running on more powerful hardware.
But it's just ridiculous, everyone can understand what does it mean.

Last edited:
What you guys fail to realize is that companies will never use actual gameplay on trailers, most, if not all companies have a in house filmmaker tool that renders stuff in engine to minimize the chance of glitches or general weirdness like you saw in early GT5 trailers.

You know how GT5 first looked when we saw it on E3 2005? It was basically same as GT4 just in HD and more cars on circuit (name was Vision GT). After year we saw GTHD and it was big step forward in terms of graphic, than GT5 prologue... I think that (Toyota video) is just GT6 on better hardware (PS4) and some minor tweaks. Also do you remember that we saw video in pre GT5 release that Kaz drove Nurb northshleife from GT4 in GT5 engine and with GT5 quality cars on track because track wasn't finished and than we saw remade circuit in GT5. Maybe it same case here with La Sharte, circuit is not finished in terms of modeling for PS4 standard so PD put GT6 version.

To me it looks just like gt6 with the motion blur from replay mode which they disabled for most of the views in one of the first patches.

nsyjecu14sq8.gif

No power cables, lampost or bollards in Toyota version, so pre GT6 WIP? Toyota has better filtering (gaps in trees - I'm thinking high quality mode selected in GT6 running on devkit? I'd be disappointed if this was PS4.

That's a very good catch indeed but that looks like a special version of GT6, GT7's background should look much better.

Back