Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackers and wannabe hackers are either delusional or pathetic liars. I am sick of hearing this bs about how it is for your personal entertainment.

Yes you get that small % of guys who make them stupid 100k hp cars etc. You can eliminate them from entering your room by setting a PP limit. End of story.

Look at hacking from my view and a large percentage of people who want to have a lot more fun while drifting, hacking gives us that freedom to create cars we've seen in real life or our own personal cars.

So don't just think everybody is the same and they want to make cars just to beat you in races.

Just so you know it's not 'bs' for someone to put a RB25det into a 180sx, lower it a little, remove the wing and give it some poke for a decent mexiflush look ?
image.jpg

Or make their R34 a RWD to simulate a R34 25GT-T.
And a V8(LS1) GT86
image.jpg

PP are calculated by software executable, hybrids are made by editing save game file ( swapping car data comprised of various parts -chassis code, engine code etc ) when the game reads the save, it assigned PP values associated with each parts. To change PP, one would need to reverse engineer the game data + executable files, alters the way PP calculated/set and somehow manage to compile the exe files again and able to run on PS3, don't think that can be done, unless you are PD engineer.

Hybrids back again ? hmm...

Well someone had to make PD get 'on the ball' with updates :lol:, if ya' know what I mean ;)

coming from a ps3 hacking background. this wont effect online much... BUT itll be there for sure. And SONY is banning TONS of people so just keep reporting people like this and theyll eventually run out :) im telling you because i dont go online but i know a whole lot in hacking. And even though JB ps3 can unban themselves from PSN its still a PITA to do so :D

PP are calculated by software executable, hybrids are made by editing save game file ( swapping car data comprised of various parts -chassis code, engine code etc ) when the game reads the save, it assigned PP values associated with each parts. To change PP, one would need to reverse engineer the game data + executable files, alters the way PP calculated/set and somehow manage to compile the exe files again and able to run on PS3, don't think that can be done, unless you are PD engineer.

its easier than you think ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gran Turismo®6_3.png
one of the best things of JB ps3 is that you can take screenshots like so .. for car tunes and stuff would be perfect :D too bad im not a good tuner or theres already a tune for everything lol

Hackers and wannabe hackers are either delusional or pathetic liars. I am sick of hearing this bs about how it is for your personal entertainment, and how you would NEVER inflict this cheating upon the online community. If that were true, the online community would never know about it. Unfortunately, we all know that it has ruined GT5 online. A permanent ban on players should be put in effect for all online hackers. I would also support a public flogging.
Well said.
Well it brings the fun back in the game. But if your sick just lay down on your bed and rest for a while 👍.
No, it ruins the game. Look what happened to GT5 online, the amount of players dropped significantly during the hacking era and it made it a pain in the 🤬 for non hackers like me. I was in countless rooms where some idiot would start a race in cars like a 1500 hp corvette or a super light weight LMP or nascar. Like I said earlier, hackers should be permanently banned if they go online with hacked cars as those people ruin games.

no matter how you see it, the PS3 is wide open for hackers. Blame it on SONY or blame it on the individuals, the point is you wont get away from it now. Itll be on every popular game, so it might be time to upgrade to a PS4.

And let me teach some of you something. Hackers ARE banned, and they are banned permanently. However it is easy for hackers to unban themselves UNLIMITED TIMES. BUT they need a constant source of online I.Ds.. which are a PAIN to obtain. So my best advice is to keep reporting people that are hacking online. I think its childish and stupid to modify cars like that online. .

I can honestly say that I do all my hacking offline, for money and custom things. But i NEVER go online, believe me or not, all i can say is report report report them!!!

Last edited:
The only high powerde hybrid car i miss was the Pro Mod '69 Camaro Dragster.

7 Liter Turbo+Supercharged biglock V8 generating over 2000hp on the back wheels.
That car had a single speed CVT gearbox from the toyota Prius (!!!)
Under 8,5 seconds @ 205mph on a quartermile

I shared that car with a friend, so we made some nice drag races.
The only thing which mattered was the throttle control, from 100mph on, no greater wheelspin, and it was like an explosion!!!

Thank you very much @Ridox2JZGTE for the Pro Mod Camaro, and the 700hp bigblock V8 Turbocharged Suzuki GSX-R
An thanks to @Bruno Felgas for these nice drag races!!!

Tell me what weight/HP limits I should use in a 425pp room. Limits that will allow super light cars with little horsepower and big heavy cars with lots of horsepower.

We don't all drive sedans.

425 PP
1700 HP
200 kg (or whatever the lightest car with weight reduction is)

Now all cars must conform to 425 PP and no one can overload HP to generate a false 425 PP. Though you can make the restrictions tighter if you wanted since no 1700 HP car would be able to enter 425 PP anyway, so 700 HP should be fine.

I didn't even know GT6 allowed PP + HP/weight after PD never bothered adding it to GT5. This already makes the issue being discussed tiny in comparison to GT5.

So if you say at it is possible to point out hacked car from room where is tuning allowed, room what is for league and there is restrictions for current car let say (hypothesis car, not real), 503pp 1207kg 551hp CM tires Honda model X, no other cars allowed, only that car, and those values are same as full tuned oil changed max weight reduce of that "honda X". That honda has also front and rear wings.

Tell me how to point out some one with "bonus" 10% HP limited to same 551hp as others.

They fail the PP restriction.

Or they keep their 10% and slow their car down by adding weight. By the way, does GT6 even allow you as a host to control ballast settings?

I am not going to change the way I play the game because some punks feel the need to google search a way to hack their game save.

Then I hope when someone comes in and drives backwards or rams people you don't do anything about it. Someone breaking the rules shouldn't require any attention from you right?

I do NOT need to change the way I play, the hackers need to be banned.

There is no reason to ban them. Only cheaters need to be punished.

How simple is your logic?
That is not avoiding any of hacked cars.
Legit MAXIMUM PP is 503PP, not saying at everyone are on 503.
Then what is the point of this racing league? Also, how are you enforcing that someone isn't playing with PP/tuning under the regs? Is it not a problem if people cheat without modding?

Yes we know your story and we know how you cheat. I would love for my Stratos to handle well, it is fast, but it handles like crap.

Wow hack on a new chasis! so fair
What unfair advantage was gained to constitute cheating?
Lets just use a hypothetical situation here for a minute. Nothing based in reality, just a total hypothetical.

Player A see his opponent is driving a really crappy underpowered car for this PP class, lets just say that player B, C, D and E also see this, and in some fairness of the game, they decide to go into a crappy car also to make the race more competitive.

Player E. The opponent in said crappy car. But is it really crappy? Or is it disguised, also known as hacked in the game world. No, it is not crappy, it is a hacked car, and driver A,B,C and D are none the wiser.

Race proceeds, everything is going good until the Clock hits 0, then out of nowhere player E takes off in his little box and blows away the opposition.

Now this could be one of many situations like this online effectively ruining the race for everybody in it.

You may use the argument that they should not have been lenient and used better cars, but it is the actual deceiving and dishonesty that gets to me. This might happen only once a week to someone online, but it could be enough to put a sour taste in their mouth forever.

Do you see this situation as fair game? I certainly do not.

I'd honestly say get over it. It sounds like these people would throw controllers against the wall in disgust if that same person, with a normal car turned out to be a rammer. People cheat online, it's no surprise. It has nothing to do with modding. Whoever is host just kicks E and they get on with it.

Also add to this hypothetical that the mod car user joins in on the laugh the whole room is having with an F1 fast Subaru 360, says it's a joke and tells them all about modding. They get interested and start their own private modding league which adds to their enjoyment of the game.

I keep seeing the same old argument "restrict PP, cant cheat PP system" apparently people forgot that negative PP cars have been created in GT5. Whose to say that won't happen in GT6.
No, you solve those by setting room restrictions.

That is precisely why I put the hypothetical situation in, in this situation, hypothetical said people changed their cars to weaker cars based on the assumption the hacking player was using a non-hacked car. The question in this situation was, Do you see this as fair or not? I know it is only hypothetical, but it is a situation which could arise very easily.

It's obviously not fair, but the situation doesn't make much sense to me either. The room doesn't even appear to be about competitive racing.

Umm? Really, people actually gave likes for this comment?

To answer it, by the fact that it LOOKS like a Redbull Car and SOUNDS like a Redbull car, and then kicking the person from the lobby for using it.

This is a completely different issue and nothing at all to do with hacked cars in lobbies.
Why are you kicking someone who is following the rules? That makes no sense. Yes people liked the comment, because modding or not the restrictions serve the same purpose. Keep racing fair. If you don't want a fair race, then by all means avoid using restrictions. Just know there is no reason to complain when a 12000 HP car enters the room, it's abiding by the rules.

Lets think, PD should know the maximum HP of every car in the game when fully tuned up and tinkered with, they could auto-ban anyone who goes online with a car that exceeds that HP number by 10% or something.

Not very useful or constructive. People with more than max HP aren't cheating, and people with less than max HP aren't immune from cheating. What PD needs is some sort of mod integration that allows people to easily use and filter mods in the game. Along with this the host needs to be able to enforce an integrity check that would allow what parts of the game can be modded and by how much. Failure to comply with the integrity check either sends a warning to the host or denies the failed player room access.

Amid all the other same old countless excuses and rationalizations I've read on this forum which read like all the other excuses and rationalizations people have come up with for cheating in online video games they seem to be relying heavily on the assumption that the hackers can't hack the PP system as well. The game itself is open to hacking...but that PP number is somehow untouchable and secure. Somehow, I'm not buying that.

It held true for GT5.

It also seems like the only hacking you can do is to save files.

I believe it is only a matter of time. GT6 will meet the same fate as GT5, unless
PD does something to halt this insanity. Probably won't happen. Anyone know if Forza has been ruined by hackers. If not, it may be time to buy an Xbox.
See my signature..

I am seeing a few trends in replies that I feel the need to respond to.

"I Only use hacked cars off line"
"Blah,Blah,Blah, Single player"
"Something some thing something Offline,something something something Single player"

To the people in that crowd, The group that is anti Haxors aren't responding to you. What you do offline is your own business. Most people don't care what you do offline. The only person you are cheating there is yourself. If you aren't making someone else’s online experience worse, than we really don't care about you. It's the ones that go and cheat online. Some of us spend a lot of time working on our tunes, and skills.

"PD isn't giving me what I want so I'm going to take it"
That's kind of like saying. "Well She isn't giving me what I want so I'm just going to take it." Kind of an extreme, but it's still saying the same thing. Right Now GT6 isn't complete, we get that. Give them some time. They just may be working on doing an Engine/drive line swap option.

Maybe PD isn't giving you what you want because they really don't know what that is. Have you tried posting messages on their facebook wall? Send them an E mail? Or did you just hack the game and rape what you wanted?

Hacking doesn't hurt anybody

Did you happen to notice that after the hacking started, PD had started to force us to use whatever car they wanted for seasonal events? When the game gets flooded with hackers online, legitimate replicas or a real car, Realistic power upgrades, or full blown over the top hacks, what ever. PD had to take time out and put in measures to stop those from being used. That cost man power, and that cost money. Time and money taken from development of new features. Maybe GT6 is incomplete because you took that time from PD to have those features in GT6.

You are also destroying the integrity of the game. Am I losing to a better driver, or a hacker?

It's only a small percentage that hack, and of those it's a small percent that abuse it.

That is a load of ********, and you know it.

Personally I think that anyone that brings in a hacked car in any form to an online event, I don't care what you have done to it. If you made it slower, changed engine sounds, painted an unpaintable car, slammed it, swapped wheels, ect. Hell even if you open it in the hack program, and save it un altered. Your PSN should be instanly banned from GT servers. Zero tolerance should be how it should be handled.

No, it ruins the game.
At this point, anything that alters GT6 in any way is an improvement by default.

I'm tired of funding their projects (which mostly is Kaz's vacations and racing activities). In case you didn't know you are giving them "loans" (paying €60 for a game that has less content than GT5...) and bear all the risk (updates might not be free and/or of bad quality). If the hackers "ruin" the game, so be it. PD doesn't deserve anything better than that.

lol i feel the need to mention to all the people who hate hackers... GUYS they arent here ( if they are then who cares). LMAO seriously, you wont change their mind either. Im telling you your opinions matter nothing. ( youre only cheating yourself and all that nonsense sounds like an 80 year old telling a 13 year old not to eat candy, the 80 year old should know better) Hackers wont let sony tell them what to do , wont let PD tell them what to do, and they sure as hell wont let some nerd raged fan on a thread tell them what to do.

Im not sugar coating anything, im telling you they WILL BE PRESENT. They will be there and they will own you, and you will get mad. BUT im also telling you how to counter that, and that is by REPORTING THEM TO PSN. that is the only way. And if anyone here admits to hacking and they have their PSN ID up and out in the open the feel free to report them. SONY then investigates the profile and the amount of reports and will ban them. Thats how it works. Whining and crying wont help, we know you dont like hackers online, youve made that clear, who cares.. now its time to act like an adult and see things for what they are. Who cares if you dont like that they hack, they dont care about you... with that said REPORT THEM. that is the only way you can counter fight them !!! im telling you for a reason :P

"PD isn't giving me what I want so I'm going to take it"
That's kind of like saying. "Well She isn't giving me what I want so I'm just going to take it." Kind of an extreme, but it's still saying the same thing.

It's so far away from being the time zone of the same thing that it is easily the most absurd argument in this entire thread. Get back to me when you figure out how to rape your apparently sapient GT6 disc.

It's only a small percentage that hack, and of those it's a small percent that abuse it.

That is a load of ********, and you know it
I'm afraid we're going to need a bit more in the way of proof to support that supposition.

Last edited:
Heres my "excuse" for hacking, and i wont beat around the bush. ( even if some of you might not believe me that i dont go online)

I hack because I want to, and because I can. Any other reason is for pure pleasure, and is my decision to do so. Its not an argument, its how I F'n Roll, like it or not.. hows that for an answer?

All insults, or your reasoning for doing so has no bearing in what i will and currently do.

As for the amount of hackers online, theres THOUSANDS of them. Not as many as XBOX or WII hacked consoles, since you can only hack certain PS3s that were released a long time ago no longer being made. ( you cant do that online car trading thing which is a plague though)...yet.

People who hack and go on PSN get banned almost instantly by SONY for going online. So the number of hacked people is going down only.

Last edited:
It's so far away from being the time zone of the same thing that it is easily the most absurd argument in this entire thread. Get back to me when you figure out how to rape your GT6 disc.

But It's still saying the same thing. I'm not getting what I want , So I'm just going to take it.

PD has given us a variety of different ways to restrict online lobbies, and other than the infamous high-HP PP broken cars (which were only useful at Route X, really) nothing can cheat the PP limits. HP limits set to reasonable standards stop this anyway.

Single player GT5 hacking continues to this day, as does hacking on any game. So that's all fine, and everyone knows it. Seasonal's and other TT's are currently heavily restricted in GT6 anyway - and online has a variety of restrictions you can put in place. So why complain when you can just use the tools to your advantage?

Maybe it annoys you that someone did a swap over and put a Red Bull engine in a Fiat 500. But you're the one who allowed a Red Bull tier car to enter your race in the first place.

I don't hack, I've never hacked. But when a Peugeot 106 nearly beat me when I was driving a Nissan GTR, I laughed at the absurdity of it all and the fact the person driving said 106 (a friend of mine who was going to sell GT5 the next day) was finally having fun.

Now, Polyphony will most definitely patch it out, so if it REALLY annoys you that much just use the limiters for your lobbies until the first wave of anti-hacks comes in. Everyone's a winner!

But It's still saying the same thing. I'm not getting what I want , So I'm just going to take it.
Yes, it's saying the same thing in the sense that you managed to created a sentence with the same words in the same order.

No, it's not the same thing in the sense that raping a woman because she won't give you sex is not the same thing as changing save game data values for the purpose of more detailed car customization.

Last edited:
Yes, it's saying the same thing in the sense that you manage to created a sentence with the same words in the same order.

No, it's not the same thing in the sense that raping a woman because she won't give you sex is not the same thing as changing save game data values for the purpose of more detailed car customization.

It's the same thing as far as " I'm doing what I want and I'm not going to let anyone stop me"

Any idea if engine swaps are possible already? I'm tired of waiting for PD to fix some of the sounds, so I'll just fix them myself.

First thing I'll do is fix the Viper GTS by putting the SRT/10 engine in it, then lower the power to match the stock 450HP. I've been waiting since GT2 for this car to have the right sound. Been throwing my money to PD ever since and they can't do this simple task. Tired of it.

Another car I'm dying to fix is the Aventador. The Zonda C12's engine sounds the closest. I'll just have to tune it a bit so it can match the Aventador's power. Same thing with the Diablo GT and the Countach 25th. Man!! I can't wait!!

It's the same thing as far as " I'm doing what I want and I'm not going to let anyone stop me"

Yeah go ahead and explain to a rape victim how hacking a game to get what you want is the same as a INSANE guy grabbing her and taking her without her will.. we know you suffer so much, poor you.

Fun vs pleasure .... such a grey area.

BTW thats a horrible analogy, and if you cant see the difference why what you said is disturbing to say the least... then i give up on humanity lol ...

That would fall under "you managed to created a sentence with the same words in the same order". It's similar to me saying that breaking a stick is like breaking someone's arm. That watching an unauthorized music video on YouTube is robbing a bank. That killing a spider is shooting someone in the face.

So my suggestion to you is to perhaps sit down and think about how idiotic it is to come into this thread with over 300 pages of discussion and compare people arguing against you to rapists because changing some values in a save game is the "same thing" as rape. At least when you were just copy pasting "it's cheating it's cheating it's cheating" posts that were already practically a year old over and over again (you want to talk about posting trends...) you were only being repetitious rather than so lacking in self-reflection that you can't see yourself in a mirror.

no matter how you see it, the PS3 is wide open for hackers. Blame it on SONY or blame it on the individuals, the point is you wont get away from it now. Itll be on every popular game, so it might be time to upgrade to a PS4.

And let me teach some of you something. Hackers ARE banned, and they are banned permanently. However it is easy for hackers to unban themselves UNLIMITED TIMES. BUT they need a constant source of online I.Ds.. which are a PAIN to obtain. So my best advice is to keep reporting people that are hacking online. I think its childish and stupid to modify cars like that online. .

I can honestly say that I do all my hacking offline, for money and custom things. But i NEVER go online, believe me or not, all i can say is report report report them!!!
So if banning them will not correct the problem, that's where the public flogging comes in. Seriously, do you really think buying a PS4 is the answer? How long do you think it will be before hackers ruin that console. Doesn't seem like they are stoppable. I wonder if Xbox has the same problem.

My thoughts about these save hacking/hybrid cars have been fine and cheerio, all the way up until last night and this morning when hybrid cars started terrorizing the lobbies I was in.

So if banning them will not correct the problem, that's where the public flogging comes in. Seriously, do you really think buying a PS4 is the answer? How long do you think it will be before hackers ruin that console. Doesn't seem like they are stoppable. I wonder if Xbox has the same problem.

I said that reporting them does ban them, and in order for them to get back and UNBAN themselves they need another JB PS3, which arent being made anymore, those available are expensive, and rare... and the process of getting that ID is in itself tedious. . so while they have unlimited tries .... they will eventually STOP because those I.Ds will eventually RUN out one way or another. so keep on reporting them :)

And the PS4 is not hacked, that was my point ( and new PS3 models cant be hacked) . I dont know if its of any help to you but thats surely an option to avoid something that is the UNAVOIDABLE hacks already on certain PS3s.

And you better hope the PS4 doesnt get hacked. Its encrypted the same way credit card companies do ... so if they PS4 goes down, you have bigger fish to cry about LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back