Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know where to begin with this one. This is the most non-sense I've read in a while. Explain to me how I can go to my local shop (EBgames and others) and find JB PS3s for under $100? Sure they're not in production but they aren't, by any means, hard to find.

As for the need to buy a new console to un-ban yourself, that's false! There are plenty of ways on unbanning a PS3, even IP bans. Educate yourself before making things up.

As for unavoidable hacks, that's false too. Cloud saving! That would eliminate any save data from being compromised as there wouldn't be any raw data to work with, unless you hack their servers :lol:.

-

With that said, back to topic; I think all this Hybridding is blowing out of proportion. Some like it, some don't; I see it pretty much 50:50 (just a guess). All this talk about unfair advantage and whatnot is really up to the host. If there are active hosts running "race for real" rooms, there really shouldn't be any problem with "fairness".

The only issue that I have personally is the fact that I don't know what the heck the other guy's driving. I choose my car solely on what everyone else is driving; so what @Chrunch Houston mentioned earlier makes perfect sense.

All in all, I guess the best thing we could all do as modders and non-modders is to educate each other. Some people don't mod because they either don't know how to or find it un-ethical/cheating. Modders mod because of the sense of freedom of expression. If we could somehow find common grounds, we could work together. I'll be keeping my eyes open for Master Chassis/engine swap compatibility lists in the near future.

PS: I'm not for it nor against it. I've made a few in GT5 but found it too time consuming and tedious, I don't need a second job :lol:.

Its illegal for JB/with games to be sold on stores so I think you should report ebgames (is that even open??) ...to your local authorities. If you live in the USA. They are hard to find in the fact that they are no longer in production, and you can only JB PS3 thats are 3K models and down, understand? And even then if you find an old PS3 you have to downgrade it in most cases, which required hardware, not a lot of people can do this as it requires soldering to the motherboard. And how do you know theyre JB? theres only one way to find out, id like to know if what you say its true, so are they realJB or are they claiming it ?.. please tell me how you know they are JB, see if youre lying or not. Thats besides the point. .. they will get banned if you go online witha JB console, sooner or later. I know first hand, im part of the hacking scene, that is all i can say.

There is only one way to unban a PS3, that is by getting another IDPS, and you can only get a IDPS by extracting it from the EID0 root, and to do that you need a CFW PS3. One that hasnt had an ID banned, or you can find an ID that is shared publicly, but they will be banned that day as SONY servers sees tons of consoles with the same ID online at the same time..

I am a PS3 hack scene developer, I help with making hombrew apps for it, please dont tell me to educate myself. I will educate you and your mother from here to hong kong, kid.

IP bans HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PS3 and the way SONY WORKS, this shows how little you know.

If youd like me school you more please respond with ignorant remarks again so i can show you how its done again. this time with screen shots of my CFW PS3, my profiles on my SCENE websites, and many many many sources to my FACTS.

IP bans HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PS3 and the way SONY WORKS, this shows how little you know.
I think he might have been referring to the way people were circumventing the handful of GT5-specific bans (as opposed to PSN bans) that they handed out for using the Secret Menu, which was trivially easy. Maybe not.

*shrugs*

What I'm waiting to see is how fast hacking will spread. Faster than GT5? Slower?

Probably slower since GT5 had car trading, however a certain tool was released a little bit after hacking was discovered that made hybriding cars very easy. If that same tool gets developed for GT6 then it will spread quickly.

I think he might have been referring to the way people were circumventing the handful of GT5-specific bans (as opposed to PSN bans) that they handed out for using the Secret Menu, which was trivially easy. Maybe not.

*shrugs*

meh, IP bans are almost rare on a console .. first comes a profile ban, then a ID console ban, ive even seen MAC bans.. but I.P bans? never ... and that would be a first on Playstation games, gosh not even BLOPS had these. And an I.P ban is so lame. Youll get a letter from sony saying this ..

Notice: Unauthorized or pirated software has been detected on your PlayStation®3 system. This use has violated the terms of both the "System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation®3 System" and the "Terms of Services and User Agreement" for the PlayStation®Network/Sony Network Services and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. As a result, your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently banned and access to PlayStation®Network and Sony Entertainment Network services through your PlayStation ®3 system has been terminated permanently.
Further information regarding Sony Network Entertainment International LLC "Terms of Services and User Agreement" can be found on:

To you guys having an absolute meltdown over hacks being the end of the world because they're ruining your precious online racing.
Here's a solution, make your rooms friends only or race with people that you know won't hack...

Also you's say even the realistic hackers should be banned, you're kidding right?
If that happened in GT5 about 90% of the drifting community would be banned :odd:

The only ones who should get banned are the 5yo's who make 100K hp beetles, fits, and who deliberately join racing rooms to win by cheating etc etc..

So if PD allowed basic engine swaps in GT6, would you's be having a go at guys who have an engine swap and you didn't?

To you guys having an absolute meltdown over hacks being the end of the world because they're ruining your precious online racing.
Here's a solution, make your rooms friends only or race with people that you know won't hack...

Also you's say even the realistic hackers should be banned, you're kidding right?
If that happened in GT5 about 90% of the drifting community would be banned :odd:

The only ones who should get banned are the 5yo's who make 100K hp beetles, fits, and who deliberately join racing rooms to win by cheating etc etc..

So if PD allowed basic engine swaps in GT6, would you's be having a go at guys who have an engine swap and you didn't?

Why ban only the 100k Hp cars? Makes no real difference. I like them better as I can kick them on spot.

Either way, it will be patched, again, and again.

Why ban the 100k Hp cars? Makes no real difference. I like them better as I can kick them on spot.

Either way, it will be patched, again, and again.

Because it's not fun having one of them come through at 1000kph, lagging everywhere, and crashing into everyone. If they're not in the room at all it's perfect

Because it's not fun having one of them come through at 1000kph, lagging everywhere, and crashing into everyone. If they're not in the room at all it's perfect

They're easy enough to spot that "banning" them specifically is not necessary, as you can just kick them on sight - that's the gist of the post, I think.

They're easy enough to spot that "banning" them specifically is not necessary, as you can just kick them on sight - that's the gist of the post, I think.

I was just mentioning the banning because previous posts above stated EVERYONE who hacks should be banned, when it should be only about 5% who fit in that category

Exactly.
I was just mentioning the banning because previous posts above stated EVERYONE who hacks should be banned, when it should be only about 5% who fit in that category

Why should they be banned? They are no "better or worse" than "realistic" hacker so they would have to be banned on the "crashing into people" merit. And if they did that, they would be banning 50% of everyone online.

I'll wait for the patch.

Would you have a go at the postman if he changed the numbers on your letterbox?

PD can do whatever they want with their intellectual property.

I'm happy to see this :) motor swaps here I come.
What is this magic you speak of?:lol: I know I'm a dirty cheater for saying this and no one will visit my poor little garage as a result, but engine swaps made the game come alive!!!! Imagine a 69' Vette that sounds like a Vette!! A 2010 Camaro SS that sounds like a real V8!!! A 700 HP Superbird that sound like Richard Petty's!!! It was glorious!:cheers:

What is this magic you speak of?:lol: I know I'm a dirty cheater for saying this and no one will visit my poor little garage as a result, but engine swaps made the game come alive!!!! Imagine a 69' Vette that sounds like a Vette!! A 2010 Camaro SS that sounds like a real V8!!! A 700 HP Superbird that sound like Richard Petty's!!! It was glorious!:cheers:
Wow that's a pretty different response coming from someone who said i was jeopardizing Ferrari's involvement in GT6, by putting rally tires on a Ferrari in GT5. I thought you disapproved of "hacks"? All that was a year ago. Good times. Glad to see you have changed your mind on this subject. :cheers:

Engine swaps were actually intriguingly revelatory for me. There seems to be a complex interplay between an engine and the chassis in which it's mounted that, whilst I was obviously aware of, I didn't really fully appreciate until I had the "power" to start swapping things around and compare, "A to B".

It's also a very easy means to expand the model repertoire of the game; e.g. want a 130i? It's there, if slightly rudimentarily.

Wow that's a pretty different response coming from someone who said i was jeopardizing Ferrari's involvement in GT6, by putting rally tires on a Ferrari in GT5. I thought you disproved of "hacks"? All that was a year ago. Good times. Glad to see you have changed your mind on this subject. :cheers:
I started out against it like a lot of people here but people like @Exorcet and @Griffith500 kept responding with rational, well reasoned discussion and so I tried it for myself. At first I set out to try and break the system, find a hidden way to build a car better than anyone else could, not to win more than I already do, but just so I could prove to myself whether or not you can gain an advantage by hybriding. So I built about 50 cars all of which were great cars and fun to drive, but none of them were any faster than the Elises, NSX's, LFA's etc that dominated PP racing. In fact none of them were as fast unless I used the Elise etc. chassis and dropped a different body on it. And I used downforce, grip multipliers, engine swaps, drivetrain swaps, every tool at my disposal and nothing made me any faster than the fastest cars. But I could compete at 500 PP with a 69 Vette, or rip around the track in a Camaro SS '10 and it sound like a real V8. I had a 427 Cobra body and motor with the chassis of an Elise that was incredible at 550PP, not quite as fast as an LFA or NSX, but so much fun!!

My belated apologies for buying into the hype before checking it out for myself in GT5:cheers:

Wow that's a pretty different response coming from someone who said i was jeopardizing Ferrari's involvement in GT6, by putting rally tires on a Ferrari in GT5. I thought you disapproved of "hacks"? All that was a year ago. Good times. Glad to see you have changed your mind on this subject. :cheers:
I remember this as well. Johnnypenso used to be just as vocal on the matter as Chrunch Houston. Though the difference is that he also felt fit to do extensive testing on the subject to see if his ideas were accurate.

Here's a solution to all you guys having a absolute meltdown trying to defend your precious hacking, supposedly because the game doesn't have the feature you want and it's the end of your world, go play another game. You can make all the realistic RWD swapped Honda's and AWD Vipers and F50 GT's with ridiculous engines stuffed in all kinds of cars in that other game and you don't even have to hack to do it.

Think I'm done with this thread and this debate. It boils down to selfish people that don't care about anyone else thinking they can create whatever rules they want as they go, while selectively enforcing others rather ironically. None care that this stuff ruins online and TT. All about them and their need to have what they want in the game no matter the effects on others. As if others don't have long lists of stuff we think should be in the game.

Here's a solution to all you guys having a absolute meltdown trying to defend your precious hacking, supposedly because the game doesn't have the feature you want and it's the end of your world, go play another game. You can make all the realistic RWD swapped Honda's and AWD Vipers and F50 GT's with ridiculous engines stuffed in all kinds of cars in that other game and you don't even have to hack to do it.

:banghead:

The best part is that I haven't really touched GT6 since the end of December because I've been doing exactly that; and with this now I actually have a small amount of interest in GT6 again.

Think I'm done with this thread and this debate. It boils down to selfish people that don't care about anyone else thinking they can create whatever rules they want as they go, while selectively enforcing others rather ironically. None care that this stuff ruins online and TT. All about them and their need to have what they want in the game no matter the effects on others. As if others don't have long lists of stuff we think should be in the game.

Or, you can play the game the way you want and someone else can play the game the way they want.

Worry about yourself and let Sony worry about the ones who are being "selfish" and "don't care about anyone else".

Oh, I should probably tone it down... don't want you to think I'm personally attacking you again. :rolleyes:

Cool, see you tomorrow. Just be sure to use real examples, from real cars so we can double check the figures for ourselves, not numbers pulled out of thin air. I look forward to it:tup:
Lets pretend at Stage 2 engine is MAX for this car, and Stage 3 is after hacking Save game.
Then tell me how you set room to avoid those pic 2 and 3 hacked cars.
pic #1 (legit car)
20140216_212006.jpg

pic #2 (hacked car v.1)
20140216_212202.jpg

pic #3 (hacked car v.2)
20140216_212416.jpg

Don't spend too much time to shine your shield on pic #2, tell me how to avoid car on pic #3.
Car on pic #3 will beat legit car on all normal short/medium tracks.

Lets pretend at Stage 2 engine is MAX for this car, and Stage 3 is after hacking Save game.
Then tell me how you set room to avoid those pic 2 and 3 hacked cars.
pic #1 (legit car)
View attachment 115869

pic #2 (hacked car v.1)
View attachment 115870

pic #3 (hacked car v.2)
View attachment 115871

Don't spend too much time to shine your shield on pic #2, tell me how to avoid car on pic #3.
Car on pic #3 will beat legit car on all normal short/medium tracks.

Let me understand the question first. You've presented 3 scenarios that make it possible to enter the same car with the same PP into a race with no visible differences but possible slight performance differences without hacking and you want me to explain how to control this if the car is hacked?

These are quirks of the PP system that already exist and can already be exploited. Hybrids don't change or alter that in any way. It existed before hybrids and will exist after them.

I'd also venture to guess that car #3 will not outperform car #1. It has less HP, less torque and 3.3% more weight/hp, all indicators that it will be slightly slower. The torque is also less available in version 3. In version 1 the torque and HP peak are almost in the same spot and it's flatter as the revs go higher. In version 1, it falls off much more dramatically as revs increase, meaning less available torque and therefore less acceleration.

Car #2 with ballast on the rear (it's an FF after all) would be my first choice, but that set of tuning parameters is already in the game, has nothing to do with hybriding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back