i need help with something

@SteveEnforcer

Clearing cache doesn't really help at all in GT6, it did in GT5 *sometimes* but yeah...

You can try different DNS servers on your PS3, and router if you know how to change them.

Then again it could just be the people you're joining, if they're all half way across the world from you then you'll probably have quite a high ping response with them, if the data get's back at all that is.

Download speed generally isn't a factor unless it's amazingly low. Anything over 3-4mbps is fine.

As I said, it's your ping times, go to pingtest.net and ping different servers around the world to see how you suit up.

I just tried it on the Brisbane server, I got 370ms response, which might not sound like much but when it comes to online gaming that's pretty bad. Basically anything you do will appear to me 0.3-0.4 seconds later according to that test.

If it takes too long to respond it will "timeout" which creates lag spikes and disconnections, which generally means some of the data didn't make it back to you, as I said up above.

Ask any questions man, I know that was a scary wall of text. :lol:

Last edited:
Here is how to switch your DNS settings. It wont hurt a thing.

Switching to Google DNS or OpenDNS servers can help too. Had a few members getting disconnects and this helped them. Your ISP providers DNS can be too slow sometimes causing you to get a disconnect. Try the following. It won't hurt anything and might help. I use them and it seems to be more stable. I have Time Warner Cable and they even recommended this too me.

Go to the XBM Menu
Network Settings
Internet Connection Settings
OK
Custom
Wired or Wireless (wired is preferred if you can)
Auto-Detect
IP Address Setting = Automatic
DHCP = Do Not Set
DNS Setting = Manual
Primary DNS = 208.67.222.222 is OpenDNS and 8.8.8.8 is Google DNS
Secondary DNS = 208.67.220.222 is OpenDNS and 8.8.4.4 is Google DNS
MTU = Automatic
Proxy Server = Do Not Use
MTU = Automatic
UPnP = Enable
Press X to save

Hope this helps you

Last edited:
Here is how to switch your DNS settings. It wont hurt a thing.

Switching to Google DNS or OpenDNS servers can help too. Had a few members getting disconnects and this helped them. Your ISP providers DNS can be too slow sometimes causing you to get a disconnect. Try the following. It won't hurt anything and might help. I use them and it seems to be more stable. I have Time Warner Cable and they even recommended this too me.

Go to the XBM Menu
Network Settings
Internet Connection Settings
OK
Custom
Wired or Wireless (wired is preferred if you can)
Auto-Detect
IP Address Setting = Automatic
DHCP = Do Not Set
DNS Setting = Manual
Primary DNS = 208.67.222.222 is OpenDNS and 8.8.8.8 is Google DNS
Secondary DNS = 208.67.220.222 is OpenDNS and 8.8.4.4 is Google DNS
MTU = Automatic
Proxy Server = Do Not Use
MTU = Automatic
UPnP = Enable
Press X to save

Hope this helps you

For any Online PS3 game?

Thanks

I did an online chat with SONY once about this. He told me if there is a person in your lobby that is experiencing lag, it could potentially cause the lobby to be unstable causing others to lag or disconnect. You have to remember there is constant communication between all the PS3's in a lobby. The track and everyone's cars are rendered on your PS3 from your GT6 game. But everyone's position and movements are transmitted constantly to everyone else so your PS3 can show you where they are and what they are doing. Everyone's signal has to go from your PS3 to the game servers and to everyone else's PS3. Now add in voice chat, distance between players around the world and the time it takes for that signal to travel, other internet traffic, bad wiring, different ISP's, different connection speeds, different brand equipment, stormy weather, random power outages here and there. It's amazing to me that it works at all and yet when I hit another car it happens in real time. Boggles my mind that it works as well as it does. So when GT6 is acting up and making me mad with connection issues I think about all this and it is just not SONY's fault. All they can do is make sure there equipment is running right.

Back