If you designed a GT Vision Car what would it look like?

• Thread starter Hamisxa
  • 504 comments
Thanks dude. đź‘Ť It will be 2 door once i put some shut-lines in. It's an MR, so i don't know whether one could class it as a coupe, but i could always add on a boot, behind the engine compartment if that helps. :lol:

PS. Is there a link to the criteria of the Vision GT concept, set out by Kaz?
I don't recall Kaz ever saying that, it's not in the Vision GT description page:

"Polyphony Digital Inc., creator of PlayStation®’s best-selling Gran Turismo® franchise, has announced a unique partnership with a number of leading automotive manufacturers, design houses and other leading global brands. Design teams from Alfa Romeo, Alpine, Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Bertone, GM Design, Honda, Infiniti, Italdesign Giugiaro, JORDAN Brand, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Nissan, Peugeot, SRT(Chrysler), Volkswagen and Zagato will create concept models giving a unique insight into the future of the automotive sector."

As a side note, does no-one remember the Audi Avus concept? I had a chrome pink Matchbox model of it when I was younger and I thought it was the coolest thing ever :D

Would love to see it in the game as a sort of modern re-interpretation of the Audi Streamliners. Hopefully it wouldn't be quite so poorly realised...

The new Mazda RX-7 to be released in 2017 is supposed to be designed based on the Furai, so keep your hopes up for a street legal Furai.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the Mazda boss said that there would be no new rotaries until they could sell 100,000 a year, which simply won't happen in a mid-to-high-end sports car. Though I would love to see one, it isn't possible.

Love the design though. I always thought a proper successor would be MR/Furai based.

Sorry for OT.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the Mazda boss said that there would be no new rotaries until they could sell 100,000 a year, which simply won't happen in a mid-to-high-end sports car. Though I would love to see one, it isn't possible.

Love the design though. I always thought a proper successor would be MR/Furai based.

Sorry for OT.

If they sold the RX7 FD with a reworked interior and made the price cheaper, price should go down because of no design costs and the cost of making the car should be cheaper now than it was years ago, it would be a popular car. Enough to potentially sell 100,000 units worldwide.

People loved the design of the last gen RX7 and Supra. They just got too expensive for what they were. A relatively low horsepower sports car.

Like this:

IMG_1638.JPG

It's a beauty, isn't it? :P

I made a car just like that in little big planet.

The problem though-Emission regulations and people were put off (In Europe at least) by the maintenance worries and fuel costs.

It could work for some markets, but maybe adding rotary to a sensible hatchback (maybe as a generator for a hybrid system) could make the business case a whole heap more possible- and it could go on sale in many markets too.

Maybe then the rotary would get put into the RX-7

I don't really remember where I saw this but I'm sure of it that Kaz said that the definition of a Gran Turismo car is a sports, 2 door car. (I think that he said 2 door coupe but I'm not fully sure)

I don't really remember where I saw this but I'm sure of it that Kaz said that the definition of a Gran Turismo car is a sports, 2 door car. (I think that he said 2 door coupe but I'm not fully sure)
The Nike VGT looks like it doesn't even have one door though...

I love...LOVE the MKIV Supra so...yeah, an updated version of that.

But Toyota is in the Vision GT pool so I'm hoping against hope their Vision GT vehicle is just that, a modern MKV Supra.

Right, to clear up what Kazunori's Vision GT comments

Taken from the latest evo magazine

"For the fifteenth year of Gran Turismo, would they be able to make a gran turismo, a sports car, in tribute?"

Nothing about 2-door here

Pretty much exactly a coupe NA Miata, but not ghastly like some of the attempts that have been made. Clean and simple coupe, like a 240SX coupe, not a fastback-ish thing.

Here's a quick sketch of my idea.
MR, roughly 520 HP, 440 lb-ft, N/A V10. The door is small but spacious inside.
The front is awful and bland, but whatever

car1.jpg

I see myself approaching the question the way the Ferrari World Design Contest entrants were asked to, in that it'd be like creating a supercar for the world of 2025 or something both near and yet suitably in the future. Much like the developing Bertone concept, I'm looking for what cars might be in that point in the future.

For those performance specs I see a mid-engine, all-wheel-drive car utilizing what's best described as a hybrid powerplant getting roughly 650 BHP total, weighing around 900 kg, having a maximum speed of around 220 MPH with a seven-speed gearbox. I also see it being an open-top concept, so they'll HAVE to make mine a Premium. Heh.

Another concept I had was creating a turbine electric hybrid concept, whose purpose is creating a sort of independent version of the X series of cars. I wouldn't say "what would an X2025 be like" but I do want to entertain that: future technology for modern automobiles. GT Vision cars should be about dreaming, and I, as such, will dream.

Well I would make something a bit like this...
Finish_001.jpg

I know the image is dark, I made it moody on purpose :)
I'm not too sure on what the specs would be;
Either a twin turbo'd V8 with around 620BHP, or a twin turbo'd straight six with 580-600BHP.

And yes I know it has no wheels, I couldn't be bothered to draw them. :P

Last edited:
It would look like the GT by Citröen, but smaller (like Elise small), and with more conventional styling. Powertrain borrowed from the 918 Spyder.

A more traditional rally car. Blistered fenders, clever lighting, spoiler, but more along the lines of Group A production type of stuff not hopped up subcompacts like these days.

Back