Igor Fraga to Make Formula 3 Debut This Weekend

Yes hopefully he will have some points this weekend, will be keeping an eye on the results/thread to see how Igor does.

I hope this serves as an eye opener for Fraga. This isn't like the junior leagues and series like TRS any more. This is the official road to Formula 1 with some of the brightest young talents in racing.

I hope this serves as an eye opener for Fraga. This isn't like the junior leagues and series like TRS any more. This is the official road to Formula 1 with some of the brightest young talents in racing.

I don´t see the relation, Fraga had reliability problems with the car on the first race at Redbull Ring and even so he managed to overtake almost half of the grid with several engines stops and electrical problems, at the end the engine stoped and he lost several positions.
In hungary was just bad luck in both races, incidents in race 1 and race 2 he had to retire and was not his fault, he have the talent and i think with a reliable car and a clean race the have the pace to be in top 10, commentators give more attention to the guys in front but he is one of the drivers with the best potential to real shine, he is the best in his team and when the car its runing has suposed to he just climb the grid like no one else, at least he is showing that lets see how it goes when he can do a normal race.

Silverstone should hopefully be nicer to the car than the first two races and hopefully it will not do typical Britain and rain to give Igor a chance for showing some success.

It does seem a touch harsh at this stage to be judging him when the machine has not really performed to optimal standards yet and whilst I never got to see the Hungary highlights it doesn't sound like he could have done anything different.

It does seem a touch harsh at this stage to be judging him when the machine has not really performed to optimal standards yet
Fun fact: He's the lead Charouz in races where his car has not suffered a failure or incident...

AUT1 - Fraga 16, Stanek 17, Schumacher 25
STY2 - Fraga 14, Schumacher 17, Stanek 24
HUN1 - Fraga 15, Schumacher 16, Stanek 20

Technically the Feature Race at Styria also had no failures, but he had one in qualifying which meant he started 24th.

It just looks like the Charouz is a nail. Best result so far is Schumacher's 12th at the wet Styria Feature Race. Schumacher's also managed a 13th at the Hungary Sprint Race, and Fraga was running 9th in that one before he was Viscaalled.

Edit: Viscaal apparently had no idea why he got two five-second penalties. Leaving the track to pass someone and driving as if the car on your left can magically disappear, mate.

Last edited:
Fun fact: He's the lead Charouz in races where his car has not suffered a failure or incident...

AUT1 - Fraga 16, Stanek 17, Schumacher 25
STY2 - Fraga 14, Schumacher 17, Stanek 24
HUN1 - Fraga 15, Schumacher 16, Stanek 20

Well that at least is very positive then! Hopefully the car comes together then and he can start delivering/scoring some points soon as I would imagine results will be wanted soon!.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fraga’s incident with Viscaal took place when he (Fraga) re-entered the track and made contact with Viscaal.

I remember hearing the commentators saying that they personally though the incident was very 50/50 and did not deserve a penalty.

Viscaal also showed the flip-side of his talent by being far and away the best driver of the sprint race pace-wise, and were it not for a late SC he would’ve finished potentially on the podium, despite 10 seconds’ worth of penalties.

The second Viscaal penalty was much more clear cut and an easy one for the stewards, though I can understand Bent’s justification of being run wide and avoiding a collision in the heat of the moment on track. I doubt he kept that opinion once he saw a replay post race though.

Just wanted to give some context since many of the posts here seemed unfairly harsh on Viscaal, who put up an incredible drive.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fraga’s incident with Viscaal took place when he (Fraga) re-entered the track and made contact with Viscaal.

I remember hearing the commentators saying that they personally though the incident was very 50/50 and did not deserve a penalty.

Viscaal also showed the flip-side of his talent by being far and away the best driver of the sprint race pace-wise, and were it not for a late SC he would’ve finished potentially on the podium, despite 10 seconds’ worth of penalties.

The second Viscaal penalty was much more clear cut and an easy one for the stewards, though I can understand Bent’s justification of being run wide and avoiding a collision in the heat of the moment on track. I doubt he kept that opinion once he saw a replay post race though.

Just wanted to give some context since many of the posts here seemed unfairly harsh on Viscaal, who put up an incredible drive.
I also think the first penalty unfair. Viscaal did nothing wrong in my opinion.

He's been having some rotten luck hasn't he?...despite making some very good runs.
Still early times for him. I think we'll see some great things from Fraga. All the ingredients are there.

He's already proven his talent. He needs a team who can put a reliable and fast car together, hopefully next season he'll get a better seat.

I'm not superstitious, but I'll start to cross my fingers for the next rounds. (Despite knowing that the Charouz team does not have much more to offer its drivers than has already been shown).

I don't think the GT Sponsership is paying that much considering it was clear Charouz is a back field team from past seasons, and surely given results in TRS he could get a better drive.

You need to be a decent team to get results and this season is looking like a waste of time.

Not familiar with how spec racing works, but given the string of mechanical faults, is it purely down to bad luck or is the team at fault for not spotting these things sooner? Does he have to stick with that chassis for the whole year for example, or can he switch to another one with a batch of parts that hopefully isn't cursed?

Back