inertia drift

Well technically if you do not enter the drift at great enough speed... you will not be drifting when yuo exit the corner... simply using the cars throttle to light up the rears is not real drifting...And the reason why most people use sports cars is not purely becuase of the speed that can be achieved in them... They are used for there stiff chasis (a reason not many people use the MR2 IRL) and ability to accelerate in a relatively fast manner... as well as not being wastefully heavy ( the latter applies to most cases). These in combination with a relatively balanced vehicle give the best and most intuitive control over a vehicle that is going to be passing corners sideways... BTW if you enter a corner at a higher speed a greater slip angle and more throttle and steering input will be needed... they will also have to be done in a way relative to the speed that the corner is being drifted at... In such cases input is controlling your drift throughout hte corner, not prolonging it... The speed you enter and carry through the drift is what is prolonging your drift... and is IMO real drifting...

I believe kansei can be meant for many many things...

The defintion that seems the most useful to me is control... and i think it can even be interpreted in a way that means a "oneness between a horse and its rider" (in the words of my dictionary)... i think all it means is that takumi was one with his trueno and had complete control over it in that drift... a control that was unique and thus merited special attention

Kansei (
jap_inertia.gif
) by itself means inertia. The subtitle gave its literal meaning. However, by definition, drifting is the art of losing traction to go past corners with excessive speed, which already includes linking one corner to another corner. When you're talking inertia, you're talking about resisting something that is going in one direction, which equals to linking a drift.

If you understands all this, then the conclusion is - kansei dorifto = dorifto = drift.

PS. bengee's "Kansei" means control; it has different kanji ((
jap_control.gif
)

I think the word inertia was just used to emphasize the fact that he was linking the corners. Also, drifting doesn't necessarily involve linking corners, I think that dorifto is inclusive of kansei dorifto, but not vice versa (inertia drift will always be drifting, but drift will not always be inertia drifting). So in that way I think that logic might be a little flawed.

Anyway, are both definitions kanji?

er... kanji means "chinese characters" ;) I think you meant "kansei"... then yes, they have the same pronuncation, but different meanings.

Kansei can also mean cheer. shout, snoring, etc.

yes the kansei def i gave was from a different kanji for feeling nad characteristic.. or something like that... didnt know the kanjis used in initial d...

Uhhh say what? I thought kanji was a Japanese subset, basically slang. There are two other subsets, katakana and something else I can't remember.

Where have you heard that from... that's new.

Hm... Nihongo 101 o oshiemashoo! (Let's teach japanese 101)

Japanese has three different writing systems:

Hiragana - Native usage (i.e. ikaruga = dotted doves)
Katakana - Used for western translations (i.e. perg = paagu)
Kanji - Characters borrowed from China (i.e. chuugoku = china

kanji is not slang... it is characters used to write most things that can be written in hiragana in a way adopted form china....

katakana is words that are not japanese in origin...

the characters used to write kansei in kanji are kan and sei... but the pronunciation kan and sei can be written in several ways in kanji and will mean different things...

hirigana is the traditional japanese alphabet...

oh whoops already explained...

oh and just to add there are several different levels of speach...

teens speak to teens in a slang and short hand never using things like o masu and often just using verbs without the ending clauses...

then when you speak to older people you are supposed to use the type that is taught in classes... with proper ending clauses and o's and ha's and such

then there is when you speak to royalty which no one learns...

oh just to add another definition on kansei... it can also mean complete (the most common use)... "hurray"... dryness... and sensibility... ok that was pointless

You made "kansei" such a implicated term for human sexuality, bengee...

But back to topic, because of episode 1 of initial D, a lot of people tend to use inertia drift as feint drift... without even knowing what 'inertia' means. They just say it...

Isn't inertia the force that pulls objects towards the outside when the object is moving around something, like when the car is going around a corner, or electrons moving around an atom. So when you are drifting in one direction and you over countersteer and start drifting in the opposite direction are you using the forces of inertia to do that?

Originally posted by humbo
Isn't inertia the force that pulls objects towards the outside when the object is moving around something, like when the car is going around a corner, or electrons moving around an atom. So when you are drifting in one direction and you over countersteer and start drifting in the opposite direction are you using the forces of inertia to do that?

um...sure...:odd:

Originally posted by humbo

No, that's centrifugal force. Inertia is the tendency to keep going in the same direction that something is going unless force is exerted to change its speed or direction.

ffs!!!!!!!!!!

cvan you guys jsut forget initial D?!?!??! just forget it! and ignore it! im quoting from the book, not the anime! where did you people hear inertia drift from?...from jsut a stuopid website or a mate?! did you bother to research? im not talk about the anime, because its full of mistakes, ignore everything i said about intiail D...if i sed anything about it

p.s. i am chinese

Originally posted by KT_Mazda_Fd3s
i jsut did an inertia drift on seattle circuit, you know that wide corner?...after the second checkpoint, it was a proper inertia drift and it was perfect, i just wonder how many of you can inertia drift? i knwo the timing is difficult but everyone seems to just talk about exhibition...which kinda sucks.

where did you people hear inertia drift from?

humm...well, you didn't mention Initial D at all. but you did say "inertia drift", so i guess everyone assumed you were talking about initial D since that really is the only place that term is used. I have never heard or read the term "Inertia drift" from any reliable source, unless it was a discussion on how it did not really make sense

ffs!!!!!!!!!!

cvan you guys jsut forget initial D?!?!??! just forget it! and ignore it! im quoting from the book, not the anime! where did you people hear inertia drift from?...from jsut a stuopid website or a mate?! did you bother to research? im not talk about the anime, because its full of mistakes, ignore everything i said about intiail D...if i sed anything about it

p.s. i am chinese

well if you read our posts, you'd have learnt that we've been discussing Inertia Drift since Page 1 of this topic before you even said what your book says it is, and not all of it is about Initial D.

[from above post, your name sorta suggest Initial D too]

Here's an experiment: KT_Mazda_Fd3s do a hotlap around Seattle, using your Inertia Drift method to tackle the corners, then record your laptime here, and cornering time here, put an * next to every corner you used Inertia Drift for.

Then someone else do the same, but with exhibition drift method, then we'll see if it sucks or not, seeing how Inertia is about speed, and exhibition is about style.

You'll have to use the same car, no hybrids, to whatever tune, tires you want...

Inertia drift is not about speed... nothing where you loose traction can ever be about speed... its simple physics...

If kt wants to do that he can go to the spot races and the drift versus grip challenge... there he can use his style and see if it beats our 4 wheel which is d1 and exhibition which is d2... actually anyone is welcome to participate... we will be doing other courses/tracks soon...

ffs!!!!!!!!!!

But then in your sig....

An '86 hatchback?!?!?!
you gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!

........a full tank of gas...you promised...

And what's this....

p.s. i am chinese

... what you say that for...

Originally posted by nitro_2003
yo KT i just wanna say sweet driftin', man!!:eek: :D 👍

what are you talking about? ive never seen any of his footage. the RX-8 was mine, and the Supra belongs to Thio.

ok i just did some inertia drifting on seattle, my final time is 1.22 with th mazda RX7 RZ

the corners i did inertia drift on were the hairpin at the beginning, and the corner jsut before the second checkpoint, and the really wide corner after that. i would just show you guys the replay if i knew how to upload it onto pc, i really wanna show you guys, cos you are just either misunderstanding me or you dont have a clue what im about and i guess its the second one. just think logically, if you drive towards a corner as fast as possible there IS still a way to take the corner, theres is only one line you can take, you mess up the line? you hit the wall by understeering or you steer into the wall.
and another thing, half you guys said inertia drift was linking 2 drifts together...who sed that? well your an idiot, cos think what inertia means. i think its half of you who have been watching initial D too much, just cos he comes out of a corner and drifts a hairpin, you think inertia drift now means linkin...nice one. can you tell me where you get that info from? linkin 2 corners = inertia drift? i dont think so. and what about the guy who said something about F1 guys grip driving not drifitng if it was faster? cos drifing fuc|<s up your tyres fast, even though grip driving is sometimes faster.

so what if my display name says KT? that does not mean i was refering to the inertia drift in initial D, and what about my sig? so what if im an initial D fan, i did not say: can you guys do the inertia drift in intial D did i? im gonna quote another paragraph outta my book,

inertia drift
the ultimate in excitement

if you have mastered drifitng using braking of feint motion, you should be at the stage where your drift technique is fairly advanced. a couple of things you can use to show off to impress the gallery are to counterstrift or maintain drift for a prolonged period. however, if you can master inertia drift you can really begin to excite the crowd. in inertia drift your car travells too fast for the tyres to grip on corners, and you have to control it as it slides sideways. you need to maintain your speed on the corners, controlling the drift by countersteering and accelerating hard to move forward. if you can manade to acheive it, you will find that inertia drift is the ideal cornering method, in other words, inertia drift is the ultimate in driving, te fastest, and the most beautiful to watch. it is an exciting combination of ostentation and speed.

now i actually took the time to type that out for you guys...and you still think im talking out me ass. you guys are so narrow minded.

What book is this that you're quoting from? I'm just curious because the way it is written sounds more like someone who has heard about it but never done it. In other words, it doesn't make sense, doesn't tell you anything about what exactly inertia drift is. All that stuff you just said would be similar to describing the fastest way to grip a course as "take the fastest line." Well great, what's the fastest line? You see what I mean? There is a lot of information missing from your posts so far, and that's why no one is taking what you say seriously. Give us some real information and we might start to listen to you.

Back