Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,712 comments
Hello. I am Thomas, and I live in the United States, specifically Indiana. I found GTP about a year or so ago when I was getting Gran Turismo Sport for the PS4 and needed some info, but I didn’t become a member until now. I started playing racing games when I was like 7 or 8. First games I played were Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and Gran Turismo 3: A-spec. 7-8 year old me didn’t understand racing lines and lap times back then, but 21-year old me has learned a lot since then. I have never played games with a wheel (I have used the wheel accessory for the Wii before, but that doesn’t really count). I play with controllers only, but that is mainly because I can’t afford a wheel/pedals setup. I love racing games. Besides the aforementioned games, I have played some later Gran Turismo titles, Forza games, Test Drive Unlimited 2, The Crew 2, Need for Speed, various Mario Kart titles, and Midnight Club LA. I also played Project Cars until I realized, “I really need a wheel for this game”.

I look forward to contributing a bit to this community as much as I can, and I am very excited about Gran Turismo 7, even if I can’t get a PS5 right now and will have to stick with a less-detailed PS4 version.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi Jordan,

thx for the welcome !

Accidently on the internet
  • Where are you from?
    Germany
    First game was NFS on PS1
    Nope, controller
    Only GranTurismo Sport
    Most likely help on GTSport game issues

Cheers

I'm not a new member but I want to answer these questions anyway:lol:
:lol: That's fine, this thread is for everyone!
found this Gem of a site by looking for info on a potential new purchase - the Fanatec Mclaren GT3 wheel!
Cheers, this is a great place to research Fanatec gear. Keep an eye out for the Fanatec representatives in our Sim Racing Hardware forums — their accounts will have a blue checkmark next to them so you know they are actually affiliated with the company. 👍
I play with controllers only, but that is mainly because I can’t afford a wheel/pedals setup.
There's no problem with that. Even with a wheel, I still find it's refreshing and fun to play with a controller sometimes.

And now, if you have seen the latest news, you won't have to worry about much of a downgrade if you're planning on buying the PS4 version of GT7. :)
Hi Everyone my name is Mario, I am 47 years old I am Sicilian, I am a new member, my great passion is car racing and sim racing.
Ciao! :cheers:
Hi Jordan,

thx for the welcome !
We're glad to have you. Welcome!

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello you all and greetings from Finland!

I will try to answer all the questions. I have been reading GTPlanet and its forums for years now, maybe from the beginning even? For some weird (no)reason I just havent registered yet until now.

I have loved playing racing games since I had my first touch in them in the 80's (when I was born) with PC. I bought NES in the beginning of 90's with my own money that I saved for a year or so. Since then I have played only with consoles. Nowdays I own all the PlayStation consoles. Gran Turismo 1 had my heart when it was launched and I have played every one of them since. Now I have Playseat Evolution with TM300RS+T3PA+TH8A.

I was a founding member of Finnish Auto Simracing Team in 2015 and we organized and have our own national and international series and Team Vs Team events since them.
Now we are having Nordic Masters season 2 and its monthly races with our Gran Turismo friends in Sweden (Swedish Racing League, SRL), Norway (Norwegian Gran Turismo League, NGTL) and Denmark (Danish Racing League, DRL).

I play mostly only GTS in PS5, but sometimes other games like Ratchet&Clank, Ghosts of Tsushima and Battlefield.

I hope you guys have go to our Youtube channel and give your respect by subscribing it. Althought our streams are only in finnish, (commentated by me :D ), racing is an universal language that connetcs us all.

Maybe your team or community is our next opponent?

See you in the race tracks!

BR,
Markus

• Where are you from?

I heard about gtplanet when a notice came up about the GT daily races.
I live in the United States
I started playing racing games in arcades before there were consoles
Today I own a PS4 Pro and use a Thrustmaster T150
I also enjoy Skyrim, Tekken 7, Race the Sun and Star Trek but Gran Turismo gets played the majority of the time
And what I'm looking forward to with this group is maybe finding insights on how to get a little bit faster, the tracks they are bringing back with Gran Turismo 7, I had Gran Turismo A-spec and the one before that and there were tracks on those I wish they would bring back.

hello everyone I'm Jean thanks for the warm welcoming

I heard about you the first time tonight on my chrome news highlights about the new Forza Motorsport I'm from Welkom, Free State, South Africa. I played racing games from 5 - 6 years old I only play racing games the first time I played with a steering wheel was 3 years ago at a friend on Gran Turismo on PS4 it's when I got hooked so bought me a Xbox series s and I only played racing games Forza Motorsport 7, Dirt, NASCAR Heat I'm saving for a thrustmaster steering wheel. other games I would play is dragon ball z and strategy games but I play 90% racing games. what I would like to help the community of Welkom to bring racing back to Welkom.

• Where are you from?

• Where are you from?

I will definitely ask for help later or in the future and thanks again hello to everyone again if I forgot someone

Hello you all and greetings from Finland!
Awesome, and well-done on doing so much to promote the GT community in your country and region. It really is a GT planet. :sly:

I started playing racing games in arcades before there were consoles
Today I own a PS4 Pro and use a Thrustmaster T150
Ah, you've come a long way. It's still pretty amazing that we can play such high-quality games in our homes these days, isn't it?

Welcome!

hello everyone I'm Jean thanks for the warm welcoming
Welcome, Jean! :cheers:

Very cool, I think a lot of people got their first taste of Gran Turismo with experiences like that. Welcome to GTPlanet!
I actually got introduced to GT from my dad. He got GT3 new when I was little and thought it was an awesome game (and how right I was :P

He also had GT1 and GT2, which I now have and still play to this day.

Anyway, a warm welcome to the new GTP'ers! Hope you enjoy your stay :)

• Where are you from?

from Internet
canada
No
HawX
Chat and News

• Where are you from?

Hi there.

Hi found GTPlanet searching some online races on ACC for PS4
Im from Spain
I started playing racing games about 2002 with Gran Turismo 2
I actually play with a steering wheel (t300 rs GT edition)
I enjoy with GT sport and ACC
Im looking for begginers players as me

Hi everybody!!

• Where are you from?

Good day everyone;
I´ve came across GT Planet while looking for more information online about Gran Turismo, cars circuits etc.
I am from Portugal
Started playing around year 2000 with Gran Turismo 2
Now I play with a Thrustmaster, T-GT II
Any other racing games
Share and learn more about sim racing.

• desperation
  • Where are you from?
    • the great state of NY!
    • technically as a kid w lego racers and driver SF, crazy taxi, total immersion racing (love this one the most cuz nostalgia/sound design) but only recently got into actual racing lol
      • omg, how could i forget! NFS underground!
    • tried using the driving force gt but just was not comfortable, i like using the controller with gyro controls since i dont find much of a disadvantage from the wheel but i cant figure out how to get it to work with something like assetto corsa, nearly gone insane trying to get the steam controller to work!
    • rome total war and dark souls have honestly probably taken like 15,000 hours of my life combined, love halo CE, half-life.
    • get pointers and enjoy the company of like minded passionate individuals!

Last edited:
Hello! I used to have another account on GTPlanet but I forgot all my login info and wanted to start anew anyway lol. I'm a laid back gamer and big car fan who is from the United States. I started playing racing games when I was a toddler in the early 2000s. I play with a controller but used to have a Logitech G27 for Gran Turismo 6. Whenever I'm not playing racing games like Gran Turismo or Project CARS, I also like to play Destiny 2. I can't wait to interact with the rest of the community, whether it's about Gran Turismo, other racing games, or even other stuff!

Hey guys! I'm an avid Gran Turismo fan who has lurked these forums regularly for probably a decade at this point. Just decided it's time to join. My dad and I have bonded over Gran Turismo since I was a little kid, and now I have my own Thrustmaster T300RS GT setup in our living room. Started with GT 3 and 4, patiently awaiting GT 7 to release just prior to my 23rd birthday!

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker on GTPlanet for many years. I enjoy reading the articles and forum entries but not a whole lot to say.

I'm from Sydney, Australia.

I started playing race games in the early 90's on my Amiga 500 but didn't take them too seriously until I saw GT3 on a PS2 and I was hooked!

I play with a wheel that I switched between my PC and PS4. It's a logitech G29 and I'm happy with it.

I've played all the GT games from GT3 to GTSport plus most of the F1 games except F12021 (can't afford it yet...)

I'm really looking forward to peoples reactions and discoveries in GT7... really excited about this game!

Cheers!

I just stumbled across GT Planet on Facebook.
I am from North Canterbury New Zealand.
First started playing racing car games with GT2 on the PSX that many moons ago.
No, I don't play with a steering wheel, I ain't got enough room.
Play a bit of everything but racing games are my fav. I brought a launch PS5 just for GT7 so cannot wait for it to come out. I never got a PS4 cos of no mainline GT game.

But been playing a bit of GT sport on the PS5. can find me as parriehunter on there as well.

Looking forward to the reactions to what we are likely to see more of GT7 teasers and then once it is out. I can't wait. I hope that we got the older cars as well, like the Toyota Altezzas, bmw 330i's not all supercars things we see on the streets.

i don't remember, but i think this was about GTPSP
Привет из России!(Hi from Russia!)
oooh, maybe when i was 3 yo. it was some sort of Flash Road-rage
Nope
i like GTA SA, Hotline Miami and Simpleplanes
idk honestly

Howdy my name is Brady.
I'm a 22 year old pleb from Canada who's been into motorsports since I was kid pretty much. Grew up playing Gran Turismo and Nascar games on the good ol' PS2 :) Spent the last 6 years racing and organizing the racing community at a high level on GTA 5....and yes there is actual racing on a high level there lol. Won a couple championships up until I bid farewell a few months ago. Have gotten back into racing sims/games like GTS/Project Cars/F1/Nascar Heat etc.... and am looking for some clean organized racing and some good battles without getting yeeted off the track haha. I also use a wheel. :)

My dad and I have bonded over Gran Turismo since I was a little kid, and now I have my own Thrustmaster T300RS GT setup in our living room.
I've heard this many times and it's always great to hear. There is definitely a generational overlap in affection for the GT series, and that's really special.
Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker on GTPlanet for many years. I enjoy reading the articles and forum entries but not a whole lot to say.

I'm from Sydney, Australia.
Welcome!

Were you at the last Gran Turismo FIA GTC World Tour event in Sydney last February? That was my first time to Australia (you can read my trip report here) and I absolutely loved it. (I also visited Bathurst as well.) :D
I hope that we got the older cars as well, like the Toyota Altezzas
Ah, the Toyota Altezza was one of my all-time favorites in GT2. I'd love to see it return as well.
i don't remember, but i think this was about GTPSP
Привет из России!(Hi from Russia!)
This is really interesting! GT PSP is not spoken of much these days and it's not a game that people usually mention when they say that's what got them into racing games or the GT series, so this is really cool to see. Welcome!
Spent the last 6 years racing and organizing the racing community at a high level on GTA 5....and yes there is actual racing on a high level there lol.
I didn't know this about GTA 5, though I probably shouldn't be too surprised. :lol:

Welcome to GTPlanet! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I came across GT Planet when looking for driving tips.

I’m from the UK but now live in Japan.

I guess you could say I’ve been playing driving games since the 80s, but always casually. Was keen to start playing online, but Forza 7 was a big disappointment in that regard. Just got a PS5 so am sinking my teeth into GT Sport, just using the controller.

I also play FIFA/PES, as well as other action games.

I hope this community will help me get better at Gran Turismo, as well as be a place to chat about F1 or MotoGP.

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

I came across GT Planet when looking for driving tips.

I’m from the UK but now live in Japan.

I guess you could say I’ve been playing driving games since the 80s, but always casually. Was keen to start playing online, but Forza 7 was a big disappointment in that regard. Just got a PS5 so am sinking my teeth into GT Sport, just using the controller.

I also play FIFA/PES, as well as other action games.

I hope this community will help me get better at Gran Turismo, as well as be a place to chat about F1 or MotoGP.

Cheers!
Welcome!

:cheers:

• How did you find GTPlanet? - Scrolling at Australian livery content
  • Where are you from? - Melbourne, Australia
  • When did you start playing racing games? - at about 3-4y/o playing Enduro, Grand Prix, Dodge'm and Pole Position on the Atari 2600
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - just acquired a G923 in the last month
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Any real racing games, retro stuff and GTA franchise
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - not looking for anything in particular....just seeing what happens

• Where are you from?

: gtpflag:

by chance when i am looking for a mode for asetta corsa, czech republic, i play football Proevolution just for a while, i am a lot of football Proevolution, lip it manages gamepad wiralles ps4 how to get behind the wheel whether me: D, otherwise football, I'm looking forward to everything new for me :)

• Where are you from?

Found it through IGTL
From Australia
Started when I was 4 back in 2008
Use a fanatec steering wheel
I don't really play much other videogames, rather do actual sports
Finding out new leagues and tips to gain speed

Browsing the net
  • Where are you from?
Italy
90s
Guillemont Race Leader FFB (modded from serial port to USB, modded drivers from WinMe up to Win10), then Logitech G29 and now Fanatec DD1
No time to play other games
Learning how-to by AC Modders

¡Bienvenido a un hilo especial solo para miembros nuevos! :D

Este es el mejor lugar para hacer su primera publicación y sentirse cómodo usando el sitio. Aquí hay algunas preguntas que nos gustaría hacerles a todos ...
  • ¿Cómo encontraste GTPlanet?
  • ¿De donde eres?
  • ¿Cuándo empezaste a jugar a los juegos de carreras?
  • ¿Juegas con volante? Si es así, ¿qué tipo usas?
  • ¿Qué otros juegos disfrutas?
  • ¿Qué es lo que más espera hacer en la comunidad?
Como siempre, avísenos si necesita ayuda para orientarse en el sitio o utilizar su cuenta. ¡Bienvenido a GTPlanet!

¡Hola! Encontré GTPlanet casi por casualidad, soy de Madrid (España) y empecé con el simracing hace muchos años en el 98 cuando apareció el Grand Prix Legends, me compré un volante Trhusmaster y al cabo de unos años cuando salió el Logitech G25 lo conseguí. Este volante me acompañó durante más de 20 años en perfecta forma, montado en un cockpit Playseat. Ya ha llegado la hora de cambiar y estoy a la espera de que me llegue el nuevo fanatec DD.
Mis juegos favoritos además de Assetto Corsa, son RFactor1 y 2, Automovilista, GTR2, GTLegends y de vez en cuando vuelvo a darme unas vueltas con el Grand Prix legends que sigue siendo magnífico.
En la comunidad quiero disfrutar del simracing que es mi pasión.
Muchas gracias

¡Bienvenido a un hilo especial solo para miembros nuevos! :D

Este es el mejor lugar para hacer su primera publicación y sentirse cómodo usando el sitio. Aquí hay algunas preguntas que nos gustaría hacerles a todos ...
  • ¿Cómo encontraste GTPlanet?
  • ¿De donde eres?
  • ¿Cuándo empezaste a jugar a los juegos de carreras?
  • ¿Juegas con volante? Si es así, ¿qué tipo usas?
  • ¿Qué otros juegos disfrutas?
  • ¿Qué es lo que más espera hacer en la comunidad?
Como siempre, avísenos si necesita ayuda para orientarse en el sitio o utilizar su cuenta. ¡Bienvenido a GTPlanet!

Encontre GTPlanet mediante mods de pistas.
Soy de Chaco, Argentina.
Empece a jugar a partir del 2003.
Tengo volante Logitech G27
Disfruto de los juegos de simuladores por ejemplo de aviones.
Espero pasarla de 10!! hablando de los semejantes trabajos que realizan.

Welcome, guys!

Just a quick reminder: we do have a rule that all messages need to be posted in English. Most of our users are English speakers and our moderation staff needs to be able to understand what is being posted, so that's a requirement we have to have. Thanks for your understanding and once again, welcome.

:cheers:

Back