Introducing the "Gran Turismo SPORT" Additional Free Update - March 2019

Ok I just did the St. Croix 20 lap in the McLaren VGT. Its 930 odd hp on 790kg frame. I used RH and just topped out the final drive to 400km/h.

It too is a hybrid. Its achilles heel is that it only has a 4 lap tank so you're going to refuel many times in a 200km 20 lap race. Be that as it may everyone else seems to have the same problem.

I just drove and overtook people as they came and refueled every 4 laps.

Until about say lap 15/20... this is where I took the lead and the leaders swapped a bit due to pit strategy. The real hybrids were mid pack. The VGT/VGT hybrids lead.

I was battling a Tomahawk. Once I got in the lead I conserved fuel so that by pitting on the end of lap 16 and refueling left me a full tank to sprint to the end. I just moved down to map 6 on the curves and map 1 on the straights.

Last 4 lap stint I moved to RSS just for kicks and with an estimated 4.2 laps of fuel left I just pushed hard... did qualifiying laps until the end where I took gold.

Top speed was only 340/350km/h but its enough to overtake everyone on the straights.

Last edited:
Ok I just tried the St. Croix 20 lapper in the TS050. I used a HSG tune. Quite a nice car however I got my ass handed to me by a pair of Tomahawk Gr.1 in the 1-2...

I came 3rd. I drove reasonably well with times in the sub 3'10" class but its disconcerting to get overtaken at 330km/h by the McLaren VGT, the various Gr.C cars like the C9 and the Chiron VGT.

There's a few reasons... your battery sucks... St. Croix doesnt have enough corners to get the battery more than say 50% full.

Your top speed sucks since you rely on the small 2.4 v6 twin turbo gas engine to run 95% of the time.

The TS050 is a nice car but its just not suited to this.

I'm going to use my McLaren VGT with a 400km/h final drive next time.

This should do it given its got heaps of top end and its not a bad handler either.

I dont have a Tomahawk but since its got just under 700hp the McLaren should drop it with its 930 odd hp.
I just finished the Gr.1 St Croix Endurance race in my Toyota TS050-Hybrid. I used completely stock settings and they are actually nicely set for the circuit.

I made 2 errors which cost me 20-22s and I had a family member cast from their phone to my TV on L6. That led to a crash and a 10s loss.

My race went as follows:
Start on RH and pitted at the end of L6.
Changed to RM and ran to the end of L13.
Took fresh RM ran to the finish.
Finished P1 by 38s.

The TS050, all the LMP1-H in fact, require a different driving style in endurance races. St Croix demands it as it lacks enough significant braking events to maximise ERS harnessing. Coasting into corners will not only save fuel but will also help recover more electrical energy. I also only used Fuel Mix 1 on the straights and used 2 during the more technical sections. In fact when my speed reached 275kmh I put Fuel Mix to 2.

Where it not for my three big incidents I would have one by far more than 1min. It was nice to have a race in Gran Turismo where I had to use strategy.

It is a race I will definitely do again.

PS_Messages_20190404_222015.jpg

Last edited:
Back