Invader Zim coming to DVD!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter vat_man
  • 28 comments
  • 924 views

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,428
May 11 is the date for the US. Details here.

I love this show...
74.jpg
 
You must be as happy as a puppy with two peters. Coolness man! I bet it'll fit on like 6 DVDs (:
 
I think they were talking two doubles, one in May, one later. There's meant to be a lot of extra material - interviews, deleted scenes, artwork, that sort of stuff.

I can finally delete the couple of Div X episodes I've got sitting on the hard drive...
 
My best friend and I were planning to build a 'home-brew' TiVo type computer for the sole purpose of recording Star Trek episodes. Well the networks dropped Star Trek from its outrageous schedule of FIVE episodes a day, so we've come to the conclution that purchasing the DVD sets would be better. It also supports the Star Trek franchise which, of late, hasn't been doing so hot.

Other DVD sets I'd like to see are Norther Exposuren, Mad About You (I think this actually exists), Dick Van Dyke Show, and Mary Tyler Moore Show. I could go for The Cosby Show as well, but it could come later as it was quite a long running show.
 
What kind of cartoon is this? I don't think I've ever seen it.

If it's good I can add it to my evergrowing list of cartoon DVDs I NEED.

Simpsons Seasons 2 + 3
Futurama Volumes 1 + 2
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Family Guy Volumes 1 + 2

Now where are those money trees?
 
Yeah, no kidding there. The ST:TNG seasons are $115 each and there are SEVEN of them.

Invader Zim was a short lived cartoon that I believe ran on Nickelodeon. It was about an alien who came to Earth and posed as a child while he gathered information. I don't remember why exactly he was here or what he planned to do. But he had funny quirks like fear of water and such. It was a really excellent cartoon, but they ran it for children when the audience should have been young adult males. It's on Comedy Central now I believe. Or Cartoon Network in the evenings.
 
I don't see the appeal to Star Trek. I don't think I could justify spending almost 800 dollars on a TV show, no matter how much I liked it.

I'll check out Invader Zim if I get a chance.
 
Invader Zim won't let you down. This I would garountee.

Star Trek ... well, that's a good point. After taxes it would be in the $900 range. However, it's seven DVDs per season, seven seasons. 49 DVDs for $900. After tax that makes them less than $20 a piece. I find more enjoyment per DVD than probably 80% of the movies my friends purchase on DVD. Four 45 minute episodes per DVD is roughly 3 hours, which is also longer than most movies, but also broken up into four pieces so you don't have to sit through something terribly long. I think it comes out pretty good. But I can totally see where it would seem a bad idea.
 
I will definitely be there to purchase that series. It is probably one of the best adult cartoons I have seen in a while.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
What kind of cartoon is this? I don't think I've ever seen it.
OMG d00d! Invader Zim is the best cartoon Nickelodeon ever made. It's about an alien loser who accidently destroys the invasion fleet of his home planet. As punishment, they send him to Earth supposedly as an advance scout for the next invasion. In reality he's there all alone, and his reports back to the home planet are broadcast as comedy.

It's really really funny. Now I know what I'm getting my wife for her birthday...
 
Ah, see I knew there was more to his story than what I remembered. It's good stuff (:
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
In reality he's there all alone, and his reports back to the home planet are broadcast as comedy.

Well, not quite all alone. He does have GIR, which on reflection is probably worse than being alone.
 
Ah, cool.

In related news, the most underrated cartoon ever is coming out on DVD. The Critic!

 
"It stinks".

Interesting series (Jon Lovitz is pretty reliable) - but I'm now waiting for Duckman.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
Yeah, no kidding there. The ST:TNG seasons are $115 each and there are SEVEN of them.


My brother has all of them. :D
 
I bet it looks cool all on a shelf together. Do you guys have a DVD changer? Those disks would take up 1/6 of a 300 disk changer. Wow ...
 
Any news on this? I really really really want to preorder. The site doesn't appear to have been updated recently...
:nervous:
 
You may be able to preorder it here, Duke.
I assume your wife also likes the show, hence you'd like to buy the DVD thinking about her rather than yourself. ;)
 
That's so cool! My friend's going to piss his pants when I tell him about this :D
 
Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
I assume your wife also likes the show, hence you'd like to buy the DVD thinking about her rather than yourself. ;)
That's why I want to preorder! Her birthday is coming up...
 
Im not too fond of Nick, but Zim is alright not my favorite show on there. I only enjoy watching Nick at Night. Cosby Show is number 1!
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
I bet it looks cool all on a shelf together. Do you guys have a DVD changer? Those disks would take up 1/6 of a 300 disk changer. Wow ...

Uuhh...he *ahem* acquired them a different way.






















































































:D
All DVD rips though. Primo quality. ;)
 
Just placed my order. Coming from the US, should be here, by, mmm..., Christmas? Nah, should be two weeks or less from release date. Can't wait.
 
You won't be disappointed, man! The quality is great. I haven't gotten into any of the commentaries yet, but the shows are a riot of course. 2 DVDs! And the pilot episode, even...
 
Invader Zim? Hell's yes. That show was the only reason I put on my TV....finally some solace in that. I know what I'm getting for my birthday.
 
Ha! Turned up today - gee, it's a clean transfer - almost looking like a download. Sound is particularly clean, too, Dolby Digital, although in stereo only - I'd forgotten how much of a part incidental music played in this series. The animatics are a nice touch.

Love the Irken subtitles.

Favourite scene is still the giant Irken water balloon looming ever closer at Dib - if a meteor actually loomed straight at Earth, right on top of where you were, that's what it would look like...

So many highlights ("stupid silent glue-boy"). Pre-ordering the second DVD in 3,2,1...
 
Back